Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 14:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/185/148 Female 5'10"
BF:36%/31%/23%
Progress: 26%
Unhappy I am frustrated! I am not a success story yet.

I know this is a way of life. I know that it will take a year to reach my goal. I know that if I stick with LC'ing I will be successful. I had such high hopes and now for a month I have been stuck between a 2 lb. flucuation. I started on July 10th and have continued on Induction since.

I may just need some encouraing words or hearing the same expierences from others. I don't feel like quiting but, I do feel like eating many more carbs than I should.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 14:46

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

You need to ask yourself: Is this how I will continue to deal with frustration? By putting goodies in my mouth? And where has this gotten me so far?
So you need to realize that everybody gets stuck. I'm stuck right now. But YOU GET UNSTUCK if you stick with it.
You also should find something else to do, say, or dance on when you are frustrated. You gave up your old way of dealing with frustration by embarking on LCing. So you have to find a new one, don't you? That's a good goal to have right now.
After all, you started a new way because the old way DIDN"T WORK. So, you can't go back to the old way, when you know it doesn't work.
I know you can think of a better way.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 15:21

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

I started May 17th , I finally got to the 20 lb mark at the beginning of September. Almost 4 months. I am still at the 20 lb mark. In my signature ,anywhere you see I lost a lb, believe me , I went back up a few ,up and down . It may have only been down a lb for only one day, but I put it in my signature as a lb lost.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 15:22

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

Dont forget to measure.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 15:40
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Why don't you go ahead and move onto OWL? It will allow you a little more freedom in your food choices and it might shake your body up a bit to finally drop those stubborn pounds.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 18:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

O.K. as you can see from my siggy, I started Dec 2002, and have lost 30 lbs, and it has been many months since I lost anything. But I have gone from a size 20 pant to a size 12. Tell me that that isn't progress. I have maybe added a little too much low carb bread, and other things so therefore have not lost any more weight, but I have lost major sizes and feel tremendous. One of these days the scale will move again,I may have to try some induction days again, in the meantime, I try really hard to have patience and enjoy life!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 18:13

Plan: general low carbing
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

94153: I know how you feel - everyday is a challange to stay with the l.c.ing. And yet when I think about it, there isn't anything else but my lowcarb choices that I really want to eat. I think it is just that I want this weights off NOW - but I also know that it took several years to get where I am now.
Sometimes I am just tired, sometimes I really need to drink my water, but I know that if I were to "cheat" I would be so angry at my actions. How good would that high carb. item taste when I don't lose on my weekly weight-in. It is just not worth it to blow my cheat-free record.
I haven't been with the low-carbing that long - just have weighed in on my Sat. weigh-in's 3 times.
I followed the Atkins diet several years back and it took me about 3 months to lose 30#. I didn't really understand the whole concept back then, and I didn't have this great forum and support of all those who log on to it, so I am much more hopeful for the loses to stay off this time. Whenever you feel as you did, make sure to log-on and get all the support you need to stick with it!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 18:32

Stats: 198/185/148 Female 5'10"
BF:36%/31%/23%
Progress: 26%
Smile Thank you for your support and encouragement!

shari kay
wils
Paleoanth
cincin11
adkpam

Thank you all very much - it helps knowing there are others who understand my struggles. I feel a stronger commitment to waiting this time out.

sincerest regards,
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 18:51

Plan: general low carbing
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Just one day at a time - no wait, one hour - no wait, one minute at a time!!
I find my strength is in prayer, I just can't do this on my own!!!!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 20:45

Stats: 293/229/172 Male 5'11"
BF: Yes-VERY! %-)
Progress: 53%

Hi 94513--

I'm not really sure what your expectations were coming into this WOE, but it looks to me like you are right on track. Typical weight loss for Atkins dieters is 10% during their 2-week Induction, then 5% in each month thereafter.

For the 50-pound loss you targeted, you would have lost 5 pounds in July (Induction), and 2.5 pounds each for the months of August and September. That works out to 10 pounds total loss through the end of September...and your numbers show you about a month ahead of the average.

Congratulations on your excellent progress. God knows it can be difficult to spend several weeks watching the needle on your scale apparently glued to the same number...but very few people experience weight loss at a constant, predictable rate. When your body has made the necessary metabolic adjustments to compensate for your loss, you will resume your downward cycle. That's the way it works for everyone...and it's going to work that way for you, too!