Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#256   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 03:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
At least she losing, no mater the starting number or the amount.

however losing weight does not equal health
Sponsored Links
  #257   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 07:06

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Dave
however losing weight does not equal health

Yes, that's true and I wasn't saying that. I would not suggest to anybody to do Jenny Craig.

I was referring to people quibbling over how much she really weighed and how much she really lost. I was just meaning she was making progress.
  #258   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 09:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/214/140 Female 5' 8"
BF:Heh. You're funny.
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCampr
Oh, I think there are PLENTY of truer words that have been spoken.

Perhaps SOME of the people "cutting her down" are insecure... but then again, even MORE of those people "cutting her down", aren't cutting her down at ALL - but INSTEAD -- just calling her out on, what seem to MANY to be, inconsistencies and perhaps outright misleading statements and numbers.

I totally agree with this. I don't hate Kirstie, I just resent the hypocrisy of her "letting it all hang out" stance vs. the way I believe that she is lying about her weight. She has this down-to-earth, ultra-honest, look-how-frank-and-charming-I-am pose going right now, which I think is an ugly contrast to the way her story has changed repeatedly and the way I still think she's lying about her starting and current weight and size.

The standard fashion industry measurement charts list the following measurements for a size 4 in women's clothing (not juniors or petites): Bust 33.5, waist 25, hips 36. Does anyone really believe that Kirstie is anywhere near this? Puh-leeze. Anyone can sew a size 4 tag into a size 14 dress. Doesn't make it a size 4.

In the end, I would bet my horse and buggy that Kirstie will gain it all back with interest. I really believe that no one can make a lasting substantial weight loss and maintain it, unless they have been honest and up front with themselves and the people who matter to them, and are doing it for the right reasons. Publicity stunts and dishonesty do not equal sustained weight loss.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do.
  #259   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-06, 15:58

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%

Well said, Katie.

I found the insecurity post kind of funny. Just because people know better than to believe EVERYTHING the media puts out there, they are labeled insecure. Kirstie lied and she is still lying (size 4 my left foot). If you don't want people to question you, tell the truth or at the very least don't go public. I think there is only one person who is insecure about Kirstie's weight and the truth and that is Kirstie. *shrug*
  #260   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 21:42

Stats: 250/247/135 Female 5'3"
BF:Too Much
Progress: 3%

Entertainment...Entertainment...Entertainment! That's all it is.
Honey, if you dont like Kirstie A. then stop supporting her and just change the channel.
  #261   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-06, 09:21

Good God, she's on EVERY channel now LOL. I'm working from home at the moment so I have daytime TV on all day. I swear the goal of the advertisers during the day is to make us all feel like worthless slugs to the fullest extent imaginable. Sandwiched in between the multitude of ads about how I can get a degree from ATI and turn my life around or about how credit counseling could save me from a fate worse than death, are four million ads advising me that if I don't call JC, WW, Curves or 24 Hour Fitness within the next 10 minutes, I may not fit through my front door by Easter.

I feel like I lose about 30 iq points every time I watch daytime TV LOL. But, alas, my VCR and DVD player is on the fritz, so I'm stuck. Thank God for TNT and Law & Order.
  #262   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 00:33
Carolina Girl

Stats: 244.5/131.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 91%

I read all of the previous posts on this topic (yes all 18 pages!) and I couldn't stop laughing for some of them. Okay, here goes my two cents...

No way Kirstie is a size 4! My very best friend in the world is a size 4 and I have seen her in the size 4 bikini. She is ridiculously tiny, I mean really really tiny. Kirstie is not, simple as that. Size 4 is so small. If you don't believe me, go into a store, look at one and then try to imagine Kirstie in it. Nope, no way...but then again there is that possibility that fundamental physics has been changed just for Kirstie so she can say that she wears a size 4. Let me think about this...nope, still don't believe it.

I don't think Jenny Craig has a single concern about whether they are going to get sued or not if she lied about her weight. After all, someone would have to clearly prove it and that's not such an easy thing to do! I wouldn't even doubt it if Kirstie never stepped one foot on a Jenny Craig scale. I think their only concern is to have Kirstie show a loss in weight, no matter how, and then say that she did it with JC. After all, they are a business and want to increase their bottom line and if Kirstie's "star power" helps them, they are more than happy to have her do so.

My sister is her same height, same build, even actually has similar hairstyle etc and before Kirstie lost weight, she was about the same size as my sister. My sister was around 250-260 and I firmly believe that Kirstie was right around that number. If the camera adds 10 pounds, that's still way more than the 201 or 219 number. Honestly, I could care less if she wanted to lie about her weight UNTIL she decided to become the face of weight loss for JC. In that case, she is doing those trying to lose weight through this method a disservice. If you are going to do something like that, either don't say your weight at all or just tell the freaking truth.

Ah, I love this thread, it has a life of its own.
  #263   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 08:53

From the standpoint of Jenny Craig, the choice of Kirstie has been pretty decent for a spokesperson. She HAS definitely lost a good deal of weight, I'll give her credit for that. To what extent that is due to JC, I don't know ... I think the wealthy have access to an awful lot of options that the rest of us don't when it comes to getting in shape. But, they also have access to a lot more options for getting OUT of shape in the first place.

But, all the insane publicity that Kirstie has generated can only benefit JC. Although I think it might have even been better if they'd been honest about her starting weight, or even exaggerated it a bit; then the results would be that much more dramatic.

I think where the rub will come for JC is when we find out whether Kirstie can KEEP the weight off. If I had any money to bet, I'd lay it that she's going to gain it all back with interest. But, ya never know, I guess.

And this thread does have a life of its own LOL ... who'da thunk it? I think it's the extremely rude title that I gave it, which makes me cringe every time I see it now. I was obviously in a socially unacceptable frame of mind that day.
  #264   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 08:54

Stats: 183/000/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 345%

yeah she's definitely not a size 4; shes probably a 10 and atleast an 8
  #265   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 11:17

Plan: SB,FFP
Stats: 239.4/239.4/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 0%

She's getting rich off us watching her loose weight......she is pretty smart in my book whether she's a 4 or a 10.....
  #266   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 10:33

I'm sure she'll also get rich off of it when she gains it all back and has to explain how her coke habit or the evil man in her life or the cancellation of her career are to blame.

The woman has more excuses than ... well, you get the idea.
  #267   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 07:17

Stats: 200/178/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 37%

I think she is born funny, it is in her genes. She Just happened to get fat, as I did, and many others. It Just creeps up on us and I think all of us fudge on our weight now and then and don't tell the truth about it. I haven't lied on here, as I need the support of other people, but on drivers license, maybe Just a few pounds, huh! I think she has a lot of guts to get out there weighing and looking like she did. If Rosy wants to stay fat more power to her. As women we have the power and freedom to do what we want, not like a lot of other places.
  #268   ^
Old Mon, Nov-06-06, 12:10

For all of us who originally followed this thread, Kirstie is going to be on Oprah today, supposedly to show off her one year weight loss in a bikini.

Gotta see that!!!
  #269   ^
Old Mon, Nov-06-06, 14:22

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

i just now found this... i hope they do a replay or have it on oprah's site somewhere because i would LOVE to see how this turns out.

what always bothered me was that kirstie was so incredibly vocal about accepting her body as it was, embracing her size, telling hollywood to go jump off a cliff if they didn't like how she looked... and now she's gone and lost all that weight with jenny craig. i don't care about the spokesperson bit, i care about the hypocrasy and the mixed message that sends... "i love myself fat" gets followed with "but i love myself even MORE when i'm skinny!"
  #270   ^
Old Mon, Nov-06-06, 15:43

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

The title of this thread says it all "Big fat liar!"

I just saw her on Oprah. She claims to have been 212 and lost 75 pounds. She may have lost 75 lbs, but it's more likely she started at 250 and is now 175 (at least!). There is absolutely NO WAY that woman is under 140.

I had to turn the show off. The next guest was talking about her wonderful weight loss surgery. Crap. Oprah sucks.
Closed Thread