Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 06:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/132/120
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Fat Fast and Naseous?

Okay, I did the fat fast yesterday and although I did lose 2.2 pounds in one day it is SOOOO not worth how awful I felt this morning. I almost couldn't come to work today...the naseous was overwhelming. I forced myself to eat some eggs w/ cheese this morning and I am feeling better already, but PLEASE do not attempt the fat fast unless you are really STALLED....ugh there is nothing worse than feeling sick to one's stomach!! Has anyone else experienced this on the fat fast?
I am sure I will put the weight right back on.
Thanks Jules
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 07:47

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

I did it for 3 days once and felt just as terrible, the hunger was overwhelming, the whole thing, I think is just gross!

Vikki
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 07:58

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I had a little chuckle reading these posts. I did the fat fast for three days a few months ago and felt like walking crap. The first day was the worst. I lost something like six pounds but it came back immediately. It was as if I never did it all. A really tough thing to do that I sure don't recommend. Take Care! Cindi
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 09:05
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

That is why... unless you have not lost 1lb doing induction completely 100% for the full two weeks - I (personally - just my opinion) don't believe in these things.

This is for the metobolic resistant people only to get you started NOT for the impatient dieters.

Get back to eating healthy pretty please...
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 10:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 138/122/120 Female 5.4 1/2 small frame
BF:23%/23%/?
Progress: 89%

Hi Juliebugs!

Hope you're feeling better... thanks for being the guinea pig... i've completely wiped the idea of fat ... what's it called... from my mind!

Hang in there - I'm sure you'll feel better soon! viv
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 13:17

Plan: shangri-la/lowcarb
Stats: 185/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi I belong to another list and a couple of people have broken a stall with this combination:

128oz water

3 Atkins bars or other lowcarb bars

4 premade Atkins or other lowcarb shakes

You eat every two hours
If you use Atkins Products the Stats are

1340 calories
Fat 60
Protein 114
Carbs 20 (I got 13 when I added it up)

I haven't tried this myself.
Pat S
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 14:28

Stats: 175/172/140
BF:
Progress: 9%

My mom is stuck - she has only lost 5 pounds in nearly a month of Induction and has low temp, has not reached ketosis. She and I both agree the Fat Fast sounds gross though! She is going to keep food log and review with her MD in a few weeks - hopefully she can get something going

I am in day 3 of induction and got a wicked migraine today complete with nausea! Is this common?
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 14:36

Stats: 275/249/185 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Pat, that sounds interesting... might have to give it a try. How long do you do that for?

Could somone fill me in on what fat fast is?

Thanks

Last edited by JamesG : Wed, Feb-26-03 at 14:38.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 15:07

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

That Atkins products fast sounds like an advertising ploy to me! Seems pretty expensive and LOADed with artificial sugar. Who knows, though?

Miscrapper (lovely name by the way ) headaches and naseau ARE common during Induction... especially (for me) day 3! I've done an induction twice, the second time after a pizza and ramen filled hangover fiasco, and day 3 killed me both times. It's generally a withdrawal from carbs and possibly caffeine if you're giving that up too. Stick it out... it gets much better.

JamesG , the Fat Fast is detailed in Dr. A's New Diet Revolution. It's basically a 1000 a day quick boost that's something like 90% fat. Five small meals of 200 calorie fat fests. Included are foods like cream cheese, macadamia nuts, fresh oil, and eggs, I believe. Meant to start ketosis in metabolically resistent folks who can't seem to lose on 20 carbs a day.

#10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 15:24

Plan: shangri-la/lowcarb
Stats: 185/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi James,
The people that did it just did it for one day. The one that made it up lost 3 pounds and the other lost 2 they continued to lose after they stared back on the regular Atkins.I don't think you have to use Atkins products. The first girl that posted it was so tired of her stall she just made it up she added the Calories and Carbs and it came out to 4 shakes and 3 bars. Like I said I haven't tried it but if I stall I sure am they said they were never hungry. Pat S
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 17:03
Registered Member

Stats: 310/250/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Just Follow the Plan!

If you follow the Atkins plan, and have patience, the weight comes off. Plateaus are natural and healthy. As you progress on the diet, focus on eating a little less each week until you have your caloric intake at a level that will enhance the reduced carb intake. And you will lose weight. You don't have to count calories, just slowly take a few bites less during each week until you are consistently eating smaller meals. It works. The Atkins book implies that you must do it anyway. I have an extremely moderate appetite now. I think I will eventually take my volume down one more level after my next milestone. I make conscious decisions to have less at a given meal, and drink a little more water later on. It helps.

And then if you don't weigh yourself too often, more than about two times a month, you will see consistent and encouraging loss at apropos time frames.

The fat fast idea is too radical unless one truly has some special resistence to loss. Even then it's not the best idea. Even Atkins, says that in the book.

Stay natural, have patience and enjoy.

Good Luck!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 15:13

Stats: 275/249/185 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Ahh ok, thanks for the info. I read the book just dont remember seeing that (guess I gotta go back and look)

I seem to have a plateau every 3 or 4 pounds…

Gonna give it a try.