Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-18, 13:41

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

hi.
I have been doing good.
and yes. I'm proud of what I have done and getting in to smaller things.
I have a good sixe chest 38c and always have> even at 90 lbs.
so some tops are med andjust depends.
I got on scale> and 128{Was 126[Oct.1st so not bad.
But i still have 5-6 lbs over then i was.
Got to cut short.
back later
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-18, 17:10

Plan: Southbeach diet
Stats: 425/202/160 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 84%

made this recipe tonight but with several tweaks. Instead of Italian sausage i used lean ground beef and used part skim mozzarella and low fat cottage cheese instead of full fat. For added protein i added a container of tofu in with the cottage cheese. For added nutrition to the sauce i added mushrooms onion and spinach. This came amazing. I will post the nutrition info with the changes I made if wanted. Here's the recipe without my tweaks

https://lowcarbyum.com/low-carb-egg...agna-casserole/

I processed all of the spaghetti squash from the farmers market. just waiting for it to cool so I can put it in the freezer. we are almost ready for winter. I like to keep extra on hand as weather can be bad here. a few years ago we had seven feet of snow and couldnt leave the house for well over a week.
Weigh in will be November 3rd or 4th. Hoping for good results. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Last edited by maral427 : Sat, Oct-27-18 at 17:37.
  #138   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-18, 18:40

BF:

That recipe sounds great. I will try it{Like you did.
Can you belive that This year is coming to the end.
Time passes by so fast .
It is raining out and cooler.
Winter is not my thing.But so far for few years winter has not beenbad.
But it is still winter and cold.
But good for oven.
I hope my blood work comes out good.
Like I had said> Not as good this year as in the pass years.
Need to get back into Exersiceing also. We have slipped.
But with winter coming seems like we will start.
I guess we have lost Izzy. I wonder what happen?
Maybe she will get back.
Some times we we lose some one or there sow way down on posting means >Not doing as well with plan.
But We can hope she comes back or at least reading.
Just wanted to drop by and say hi. You really are doing great and you keep on. You will get to goal. Any way>I know you feel better and like how u look. and better yet getting healthier.
You keep at it.
  #139   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-18, 10:25

BF:

Today I got a call from the Drs. office, Dr. said Blood work came out.> GREAt.
So on the 2nd go in and have a check up.
I also going to see about having the Hemp c blood work done.
They say on Tv for any one my age should get it.
On the 3rd. Sons girl friend and I are going to spa.
I enjoy that a lot.

Should get some time this week Tofu.
I have to cancle my hair appointment for the 14 . As I might go to Fla. for week with husband. We will see. I change my mind a
lot.
Hope all is going well Maral. But knowing you .you Are.
I have a feeling on the 1st. my not have reached goal of something off.

Should get soon more greens and veggie B. and also make some. Going to get Big brown mushrooms. to use as a bun.
Have a great day.
  #140   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-18, 04:47

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 235/224/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hello Maral and Janet. I am sorry for being quiet for so long. I have been very busy and haven't used the computer too much. As far as diet I am doing OK I guess. I had to change my diet even more.

I went to my doctors appointment and my exams showed that I have OA on both knees. The inflammation on my ankles and other joints on the body are just that inflammation but he also mentioned to me that could also be an early symptom of OA on those joints. I also have OA on the lower back and that is why I have so much pain there. He also told me that I have fibromialgia but he doesn't think I have RA.

He thinks my lack of energy and tiredness could be related to my inflammation. He is going to do some cortisone shots on my knees to help me with the pain and so I can be more active. He wanted to put me on some medicine to help me with the fibromialgia but I refused. He thinks if I change my diet that can also help me with the symptoms. He wants me to follow an antiinflammatory diet. Last week I started the AIP diet which is a very strict Paleo diet.

Things that can cause inflammation and that I am removing from my diet are nightshades, grains, gluten, sugar, beans, coffee, dairy, eggs,nuts and some seeds. I see it more like a Phase 2 of SBD with out legumes and nuts. After certain time I can reintroduce more of the foods and see if I dont' have any reactions to it. However, I can't reintroduce, gluten, dairy and sugar.
  #141   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-18, 09:11

BF:

Oh, Izzy, What a nice day to see you are back. Please come in and talk. Glad also you have still been trying. and not fallen off.
So sorry, to see you have been in so much pain.
Just remember that food heals and in time you will find plan to help you heal.
We some time, thinks Diet is just to loose weight. It really is more> To heal body and cells. Also talking about food>Some that we know that are good for body can hurt it in some people.
Do you take Turmeric? That is to heal and help Inflammation. See {if you do not do now see if you can.and use it.
But you also have to add to turmeric with black pepper, or crushed red pepper.{I use the latter.
Also how about Oma 3 s?
Some times you have to start reading every thing>and play around and see what will help.
So glad you are back.
You will heal and use this year to learn and play around with what may work. For Next year, you>You will be on a healthier healing road.
Do not close your self off.and always we all have to fight hard to get to the easier road.
Just takes time.
Each day is a gift. and body and cells can heal.

Good thoughts our friend.
  #142   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-18, 16:04

Plan: Southbeach diet
Stats: 425/202/160 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 84%

izzy!! i am so glad you are back!! sorry to hear you arent feeling well but glad you are taking steps to feel better!! so glad to see your posts.

janet can you tell me about tumeric? i have heard someone else mention it but not sure about the benefits and how to take it.

hope you ladies are having a wonderful day!! good to hear from you both!!!
  #143   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-18, 07:58

BF:

Thanks girls

Janet I used to take tumeric with pepper not on a daily basics but here and there. Now I am taking it daily but with out the pepper. If you don't use the pepper it does work but it takes longer for the body to absorb it. I pretty much use it on every thing I cook

I am also taking the hydrolized collegen, D3 50,000 and Vit K3 and omega 3. What I am noticing that when I eat sugary stuff my knees hurt the most also when I eat gluten the next day I am in a lot of pain in most of my joints. But when I got my allergy test done I was not allergic to gluten.

I know it will take time and lots of discipline. Discipline is my biggest problem, I am very good for one or two days and then I go back to my old habits

I hope you both had a great day yesterday and stayed away from all the candy.
  #144   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-18, 14:25

BF:

Hi Izzy,

I went to Dr. and had a check up. and my blood work is Beyond great.I also had Hep c blood test today{Because they say We should if born between 1945_1965.
I had my breasts done also> and Normal.
Just have to keep moving and doing what I have been.But I must keep saying that I could be better{And I hope I get there.
Just sometimes> Those slips are still there.
I got Tofu today.
I thought on Turmeric that u had to use pepper. But glad to know u do notand still works.
I have been useing that for over 5 years.
I was kinda wondering about protien levels> For I eat very little meat.
But It came out good on numemers.
I also read alot on foods and heathier stuff.
I think that most things can be healed in body and we can change things.
Glad you are back. I enjoy reading what u are doing.
I have now that I have been going to eye Dr. on dry eyes. Happens as we age.
And yes> No candy for me.
In fact we do not get kids>
So that helps.
I do get Halo ice cream.
Later girls.
  #145   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-18, 19:01

BF:

Those are great news Janet, super happy for you

How was your weekend? I eat too much candy I need to make sure this week I have none and I stay on plan.

Tomorrow morning I am getting a much needed haircut and then will stop at DSW to see if I can find some boots. I am going to Texas for the week of Thanksgiving and all my boots are high heels and I can't wear any high heels right now due to my knee pain. I also need to go to the grocery for veggies an do food prep for the week.

I wish you both a great week!
  #146   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-18, 12:00

BF:

Hi Girls,
I went to Dr. Like I said friday. and My Sons girl friend and I went to the spa for the works. over 3 hrs.
Had nails and feet done too.

What A treat. My Son get the spa treatment for me each Xmas.
We also went to eat.
Very nice day.
I made Chill{Chicken and Tofu.and comes out great.I have not had diet pop for 2 weeks. and that is hard for me not too.
But I have done that 2 xs. once 6 months and once 8 months and I went back. So we will see.
i do like diet pop.
This comeing weekend going to Fla. for few days.
Right now doing bed sheets and pillows.
My whole house needs a deep cleaning.
So glad we talk.
How are you Maral?I know Izzy u will find some cute boots.
I love boots and I love sweaters.
But in Tx. u might get to hot.
later
  #147   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-18, 15:39

BF:

That is such a great gift Janet. Chicken chili sounds good too not sure about the tofu though.

I have never like the diet soda but I was very addicted to coke and about 8 years ago decided enough was enough and never drink coke or any other sodas again. At the beginning was very hard, I used to get very bad migraines and I also got like flue symptoms but after a month or all withdraw symptoms were gone.

I went to three different shoe stores and I only found 1 pair that I really liked but they didn't have my size.
  #148   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-18, 17:17

BF:

Hi. Izzy,
Went and voted today. also we went to eat lunch.
so kinda a slow day. I'm coming down with a head cold.
Talked to daughter today.
Other then that same old thing.
I got a new purse few days ago.
I have a hard time with sizes in shoes too.
Making him meat loaf for dinner.
Other then that nothing.
glad u are doing good and back.
Hi>Maral.
How are you our friend.
later
  #149   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-18, 06:35

BF:

Janet meat loaf sounds good, I think I will make some for my husband and the boys this Friday

I have to go grocery shopping today (been trying since Monday) I have no veggies in the fridge. Then I need to wash towels and sweep and mop downstairs, so no much for me today.
  #150   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-18, 10:32

BF:

I have a head cold.So not much going on. Still might take shower and see if that helps. And May still go out today to eat and go to caisco to play some.Also may go to sons and pick pears. And put away to finshripeing.
I may also after I talk to you> Make a small smoothie. But then I could save those cals for tonight.
Later.
Hi. Maral. Can not forget you.ha.
How are you? I'll talk later and get back to you.