Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 19:53

Plan: Loony plans
Stats: 205/146/145 Male 5'6" - 167cm
BF:28%/ around 10%/7%
Progress: 98%
Thumbs up Thank you for your reply

It is my second day using this thermogenic "Norexin".
I am still on the 1 pill dose.

Now I don't know if it is Norexin, the slight carb increase, or the supersets introduction! But I can see the abs begining to pop up - and the love handles melting away quickly really awsome!

It is nice to hear from 'Dan' that whenever you quit using thermogenics your metabolism doesn't really slow down and you gain fat.

So happy with LC.
I got my friend hooked up with it (He is loosing fat like a snowman in the sun)
So happy to be a member of this great forum, speaking the truth, and linking to usefull resources. (like Nat's links )

Dan, when you say "short term" do you mean a full 120 capsules or less?

Thanks again to all of you

Loony
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 23:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 88/88/65
BF:
Progress:
Question fatburners raise insulin?

Hi I was just reading the threads on fatburners and thermogenics.I find they do help when taken before a workout. But I havent taken them since starting the Atins diet because Im afraid that they will raise my insulin or glucose levels due to the caffiene and other ingredients.

Does anyone know if these products like hydrocycut or even thermoslim will throw you out of ketosis

Thanx for any suggestions.
  #108   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 09:13

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default Loony

Quote:
Dan, when you say "short term" do you mean a full 120 capsules or less?

Depending on your dosage, I suppose. I generally advise people to only stay on 8 to 12 weeks at a time ... but every personis different.

I find that physical dependency is greatly diminished when I follow a 5 on - 2 off schedule for the 12 weeks (5 days on, 2 days off). It also fits better in my plan (CKD), since weekends are dedicated to glycogen storage.
  #109   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 09:35
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%
Default guggul?

Hello, the discussion here seems to be talking about ECA stacks, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with thyroid "boosters," such as something with guggulsterones and there is also another product called tricuts II. They *seem* from what little I've read, to be an alternative to an ECA stack, one that would not keep you up at night.
Any help/information would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Meg
  #110   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 11:24

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

So, Dan, I have established that due to being a complete nutcase, and being treated for it (prozac), I shouldn't take an ephedra based product... BUT... is there any alternative I CAN take? ANy recomendations? I can order off the net... Maybe a Thyroid type helper (like hamburger helper, hee hee heee!)? Other kinds of fat burners?...... do you think green tea really works? I have next to NO metabolism due to years of anorexia, and then yo-yoing hundreds of lbs back and forth. I don't weigh a whole lot now, but I have a really scary percentage of fat, much more than some 6ft something obese men I have read about! and I am only 5 ft 4.
Sorry to rant, thanks so much. I CANNOT WAIT FOR YOUR BOOK TO ARRIVE!
Doods.
  #111   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 11:57

Default doods

Hey doods!

There are alot of new ephedra-free products being released now that I have heard good things about ... The best marketed one being Xenadrine EFX (not the same as the ephedra-based Xenadrine RFA).

I also take a product called Lean Out (by Beverly Nutritionals) 4x per day, after whole food meals and 30 mins. before my workout ... it is supposed to be good, but I am also taking ephedra products and doing a bunch of things to enhance fat loss right now, so I can't be sure if the Lean Out is doing the job.

As far as thyroid boosters go, try Thyrolean or Guggulbolic. They are good products.

The book will tell you step by step on how to go about using diet and supplements in the right order to keep the metabolism up. When you get to the ephedra based part of the plan, use Xenadrine EFX ...

Looks like I have to get Version 2.0 of the book together to include non-ephedra strategies within my plan ...
  #112   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 12:16
Registered Member

Plan: Mainly the Metabolic Diet
Stats: 330/219/170
BF:
Progress: 69%

Dan,
My company is coming out with an ephedra free product soon, as well. My partner is the one who knows all about these formulas, but in your opinion are there any other herbs to include or leave out, if you had your d'ruthers? We are leaving in the guarana, but taking out the ephedrine. I've not had any problems with epherdrine myself, even after many years of using it off and on, but I know some people do. Do you think the government is going to outlaw epherdrine based products all together?

Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
  #113   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 13:59

BF:

Thanks fot that info Dan.
Do you think that flax oil REALLY helps us to burn fat?
Doods.
  #114   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 20:41

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Default ...

flaxie , I have a few ideas about an ephedra free product which I will share here later (on my way to bed), but what REALLY is missing from the market is a COMPLETE thyroid support formula ... combining guggul, phosphates, kelp, and all of the other thyroid support nutrients. If it's out there, it's hiding ... LOL.

doods , yes, flax oil does help with fat loss, albiet in an indirect manner. It's not thermogenic, so you may not "feel" it, but flax (actually the Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids) are supportive in controlling the body's thermostat/metabolism according to D.O. Rudin in the book "The Omega-3 Phenomenon".
  #115   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 20:44

Default OOPS!

OOPS! I didn't notice that Fern was still signed in when I sat down at the computer, so I posted as her by mistake in the reply to flaxie and doods. LOL. Sorry about that.
  #116   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 21:02
Registered Member

Plan: Mainly the Metabolic Diet
Stats: 330/219/170
BF:
Progress: 69%

Ya know, I wonder about coconut oil, too....I swear the more I use the faster I lose. And it helps with energy, as well. I would be interested in hearing more about the thyroid support supplement....I wonder why nobody has come out with something comprehensive in that arena. Hmmm....
What's exciting is that there is so much opportunity in this industry....I think we have barely scratched the surface of what nutracueticals (spelling?) can do. Thanks for giving your input on this topic, it's very interesting.
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
  #117   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 05:20

BF:
Default Re: OOPS!

Quote:
Originally posted by Trainerdan
OOPS! I didn't notice that Fern was still signed in when I sat down at the computer, so I posted as her by mistake in the reply to flaxie and doods. LOL. Sorry about that.

I was about to write and say thanks to Fern for replying to my question... . I think I will thank her anyway for all the information I have gained from reading what she HAS written...
Dan, stop stealing Fern's identity.
And Thank YOU too!
Doods
  #118   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 05:39

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:

LOL Doods..... yep, I was in bed totally unaware that someone was trying to steal my identity!
  #119   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 16:22

Plan: Protein Power Lifeplan; D
Stats: 197.0/162.0/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Question Safety of Metabolift with Glucophage

I am taking 1000 mg of Glucophage at night. Is anyone here taking both Metabolift and Glucophage?

Does anyone know of any contraindications?

It seems to me that the caffeine and ephedra are going to be things you could encounter in your diet anyway.

Thanks in advance,
Dee
  #120   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 18:43

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Fern?

Now how do we know that was really you???