Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 14:16

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Thumbs up Thanks for the Feedback

I think I purposely overlooked the 3 liters of water. I assumed 1 liter would be enough.

I'm off to a great today. I'll post the results today
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 15:43

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Lightbulb BASpider

How tall are you? It's possible that you've reached a plateau. You may need to increase your exercise or intensity of exercise to move you forward. Let me know how tall you are, then I can give you accurate feedback.

Arnie
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 20:59

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default My height

I'm 5' tall. I'm 51, and the Dr, says it's much harder at this age to lose weight. I really don't want to buy into that.

Me old? Get bent!
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 21:10

Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Diane! THANK YOU!!

I went back and took the test as to what is true for me NOW. Not when I had just quit smoking.

I got a score of 9. You're right, I don't belong here. Ok, now check your crystal ball. Protein Power? Atkins? On the old fashioned type of diet, I can put on 20 pounds so fast it'll make your head spin!
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 06:23

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default NO DIET ON SATURDAY

HI ALL,
WELL I SURE WENT TO HELL WITH MYSELF ON SATURDAY. WON'T EVEN GET INTO IT, BUT AT LEAST I HAD A REALLY GOOD TIME. ANYWAY, I'M STARTING ATKINS INDUCTION TODAY. I'LL KEEP POSTING HERE. I HOPE I DON'T MISS THE CARBS TOO MUCH, BUT WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS. I BET I GAINED BACK WHATEVER I LOST YESTERDAY. DEFINITELY GAINED SOMETHING. I'LL WEIGH TODAY FOR MY STARTING POINT.

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK EVERYONE!
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 07:29

BF:
Default THIS IS THE BEST YET

THIS IS THE BEST YET IN MY CONTINUING SAGA WITH THE SCALE. YESTERDAY I WEIGHED 147.4. NOW I KNOW I WAS NOT GOOD YESTERDAY, BUT I ALSO KNOW I DIDN'T REALLY GO TOO CRAZY. I MEAN I ATE MOSTLY PROTEIN. DID HAVE A LOT OF CARBS, BUT
I WEIGHED 151.2 THIS MORNING!!!
HOW THE F*** CAN THAT BE????? I GAIN ALMOST 4 POUNDS IN 1 DAY??? I'VE BEEN SO SO GOOD FOR SO LONG. THIS IS A HORROR.
OH WELL, BACK TO ATKINS. NOT GONNA GET CRAZY ANYMORE. I'LL WEIGH TOMORROW JUST OUT OF CURIOUSITY.
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 14:05

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Saturday & Sunday

Hi all. Here is my menu.

Sat:
BR: 2 fried eggs 1 coffee
L: 1 bowl of cream of mushroom soup with 3 little chicken legs
D: One of my mom's french one pot meals with carrots, potatoes, onions, ground beef, all cooked with tomato juice in the oven. 2 pieces of bread, and 1 desert (cream puff)

SUN:

BR: went out had eggs benedict with home fries. 1 coffee
L: NOTHING (figured breakfast was bad enough)
D: Pate Chinois (Sheppard's pie), bread and ice cream for desert.

Wanted to weigh myself today, so I got on my aunts scale... HILLAREOUS!!!!!!!! if I would go by hers, I would have lost 4 lbs last week because I would be around 178... I told her I would steal her scale since I weigh less on hers than mine LOL.... I will know how I really weigh when I go home.

that's it for now.
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 15:54

BF:
Default GRACIA

I WANT YOUR AUNT'S SCALE!!!!!!
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 17:04

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default We gotta find a way...

to get that scale of your Aunt's to Chris!!!!!

Chris.. I was wondering, did you take the quiz in the CAD book? The one to see if you are carbohydrate addicted? After read that BASpider wasn't.. I got to thinking that perhaps you're not either. That might be why you're not realizing any weight loss.

Of course, it could just be the scales....

Lisa
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 22:25

BF:
Default IT'S ME

HI EVERYONE,
FIRST DAY ON ATKINS INDUCTION. DID FINE. TRACKED MY CARBS. HAD ABOUT 19.
B-2 EGGS,CHEESE AND HAM,COFFEE,CREAM
L-TURKEY,SAUSAGE
S-PEPPERONI
D-2 CHEESEBURGERS,SALAD,MUSHROOMS

DRANK A TON OF WATER AND WORKED OUT.

LISA-
I COULD HAVE SWORN THAT I DID THAT TEST AND I WAS ADDICTED. I'LL HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT AGAIN. BUT FOR NOW I'LL DO THE ATKINS.

HOPEFULLY I'LL SEE SOME RESULTS. OTHERWISE I'M HIJACKING THAT LADY'S SCALE!
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 05:07

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Default Hi guys

Just wanted to give you a little FYI this morning... Canadian Living Magazine put out a Low Carb Bash article in the March issue. They also posted it on MSN.CA but to make it available to everyone I posted it in General Low Carbing. Just in case some of you wanted to see it.

PS: I weighed myself on my own scale, and I'm at 183... so much for that! LOL

Chris if you want that scale, you'll have to fight me for it ... LOL
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 07:18

BF:
Default DOWN ALREADY

WELL I WEIGHED OUT OF CURIOUSITY AND I'M DOWN 1.2 FROM YESTERDAY. MAYBE THE ATKINS WILL WORK FOR ME. I'M NOT WEIGHING AGAIN UNTIL WEDNESDAY. I KNOW YOU ALL THINK I'M A LUNATIC, BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 07:40
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 5ft.2in.
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default it's been a week!!!!!!!

Hey everyone!i have been on my diet for a week!!!!!!!I have lost 6 lbs!!!!!I'm so happy. The real test was red lobster yesterday!My hubby took me to dinner after church, i wanted a roll sooo bad but... I didn't eat it, i ust ate my salad and drank my tea, i had crab legs and it was really good, i know i have alot of support and i enjoy all of you each day, i hope all is well iwith yall!!!!!!!!!
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 07:48

BF:
Default GOOD FOR YOU

HI HJSMOM,
GOOD FOR YOU! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I LOVE TO HEAR WHEN PEOPLE ARE HAVING SUCCESS. GIVES ME SOME HOPE!
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 07:59

Plan: Heller(CALP)
Stats: 230/222/140
BF:
Default Way to Go!

Good for you, hjsmom! Seems like the worst temptations happen in public places! I remember the first time we were out to eat and I had to take the bun from my grilled chicken sandwich and walk to the trashcan and toss it in... I think that was more of a mental struggle, because it actually tastes great that way. Just seems like there should be a bun there! We went to an Italian rest. yesterday with family. I did the grilled chicken salad (which was huge...served it in a trash can lid... ) some stuffed jalapenos, and a couple of pieces of douby bread. That was, of course my reward meal. Did great though. That was actually my first day with no sweets in a very long time. That will be my major accomplishment for this week!

BASpider: Wish I had a crystal ball! I really cannot speak to any sort of diet other than CALP. Although over the years I have tried nearly everything ever suggested, this one is the only one that ever worked for me, and again, because it corrects the underlying cause of myweight problem, not just the weight. I do wish you much luck though and will try to keep track of where you are and what you're up to....Huge thumbs up on quitting smoking. That in itself was the most wonderful gift you could have given yourself! Been smoke free 12 years myself and really can't believe I ever did that to my body. Take care all and see you around!!