Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Aug-25-18, 19:40

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I did not live the dieting life, so did not pick up the anti-fat dogma. And as lambs hit the freezer, there was no way I was wasting the fat when I found out the butcher was trashing the fat. Please grind it into the scraps. ANd took home every bone. Only in 2000 did I learn the horrors of high carb foods.

SO my kids never learned to fear fat, rather I caution them about the nutrient deficient foods and the nutrient stealers: breads, pastas and other grains.

My kids are lean, and I hope they will continue to eat correctly when on their own. In the mean time I teach them nutrition. ANd how to cook. ANd push the animal fats. Eat eggs, beef, butter, co, ...but dont track their macros. When is keto, keto? Lot of their calories are from fat.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Aug-25-18, 23:38
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 250/215/180 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 50%

A keto forum would be great. I went from 250 to 215 in about 4 months. I can't seem to get below 215 in the last 2 months with keto.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-18, 07:37

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
A keto forum would be great. I went from 250 to 215 in about 4 months. I can't seem to get below 215 in the last 2 months with keto

Hi Paul!

I want to mention two things that may or may not apply to you. The first is that cheese keeps weight on me. I know when I drop cheese, I lose three or even four pounds. I know I want to drop cheese again for a few months, but as of now, I lack the motivation to do so.

The other thing that I have noticed is that sometimes my size gets ahead of the scale. And sometimes even the size and the weight come off in clusters. I know this is true for my husband too. After losing a pretty quick 24 pounds, He was getting frustrated with low carb last month and his sister had all but convinced him to switch to weight watchers when he woke up one morning down two pounds. Two days later he could fit into his size 38 pants and he looked visibly, noticeably, smaller to me. It’s now three weeks past the size 38 jeans and he’s down 8 more pounds. Still in the 38s but people other than me are starting to notice, so something good is happening, it’s just not showing steadily on the scale or in his waist band.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-18, 11:01

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

There is a new keto thread in the support forum you could join. But also--a higher fat ratio keto diet works a little different, but if you're in the anything under 20 grams of carbs a day is keto school, that's really not far from programs like Atkins or Protein Power etc., a lot of questions can probably be answered by searching the forum, or the people on the Atkins or general low carb support threads are likely to know the answers.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Aug-27-18, 07:38
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tess9132
Hi Paul!

I want to mention two things that may or may not apply to you. The first is that cheese keeps weight on me.

Tess, thanks for that info. I usually incorporate cheese in 2 meals a day. I'll cut back on the amount of daily cheese and see if that makes a difference. Been stuck around 215 for a month now, while my wife continues to reach a new low every week.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Aug-27-18, 08:52

Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi all I''m still plodding along.

How often do you weigh yourself. I weigh in once a week on Wednesday. I still need to lose a little weight, but will try and be patient. I know the weight will come off eventually.

Last night I had the best dinner. I took riced cauliflower and fried it in butter, I added cheese and an egg. It really turned out well. It was filling.

Good news our last holdout came over to eating keto, my DIL, she has already lost 8 pounds. So everyone at my house is eating the same way. It makes grocery shopping easier.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Aug-27-18, 10:10

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I weigh daily. I know a lot of people say not to follow the scale too closely, or worry too much about what it says. But then, familiarity breeds contempt. Also sometimes it's time to freak out over what the scale says. Seriously, though--if the scale goes up four pounds in a day, that just underlines the sort of perhaps meaningless water fluctuations that can occur. I just haven't eaten enough to gain that much fat in a day. But if it goes up four pounds in a week--then I have no idea, it could be water, but a fair amount of it could be fat.

Whatever works for you.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Aug-28-18, 07:38
Registered Member

BF:

I weigh myself every morning after using the restroom and before eating or drinking anything. From that point on, it's all uphill the rest of the day.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Aug-28-18, 13:51

Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

I have a couple of friends that weigh daily. They tend to be over anxious about whether the numbers go up or down. Of course maybe when I lose the rest if my weight I will change my mind and weigh more often. I am a little scared that I won't be able to keep the weight off. I have to, putting the weight back on is non negotiable.