Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 04:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/144/120 Female 5feet 4inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 2 pound drop???

Yesterday was very stressful- my dh's bloodpressure spiked and he needed to go to the ER - so I was home waiting for news for 5 hours straight- what do you think I did for those 5 hours, you got it- I ate- all low carb, but all junk. He turned out to be ok and all tests came back fine. I got on the scale this morning to see the damage I had done and was shocked to see I was down to 129- that is a two pound drop from the day before. I have been stuck in the 130's for two weeks. I am not changing my stats because I can't believe this weight is legit- I ate all the so called stall foods yesterday and not one vegetable. This is what it looked like:

Bk: 3 scrambled eggs and 4 strips bacon

L: double cheeseburger from Mc D's no bun

Stress eating: half bag of low carb nacho chips with cheese dip
nuts, half of Atkins cinnamon bun bar, swiss cheese, slice of american cheese diet coke

D: chili (low carb recipe) and sugar free jello with whipped cream

So what is the explanation for the weight loss? I'm baffled
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 05:26
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I guess high stress can burn up a lot of calories. There is also the chance that you were just do. And my favorite, maybe you have not been getting enough calories and fats in your plan, so your body has been holding back. I lose best when I get my fat level intake around 65 to 70% on www.Fitday.com
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 05:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Sometimes a bump in carbs will cause a whoosh. Not sure why, but have noticed it from time to time and have heard others say if you are stalled to try increasing carbs to see if that gives you a bump. I have never tried it on purpose, but I usually don't get 20 carbs and have noticed when I eat more carbs via low carb junk food (last couple of weekends I've been very bad...lol) I still whoosh. Still would like to cut out the junk food though. I'm back to doing strict induction again this morning (this means minus the SF Hershey's and Le Carb Chocolate Almond).

L
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 06:36

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default fastest weight loss

the fastest weight loss program i have ever been on is the divorce program....lol. i lost 17 lbs in one week when the dh took is hike. ("d" does not stand for dear) seriously....stress revs your metabolism like nothing else. i don't recommend it, but when it happens take the blessing and take care of yourself.
-catherine
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 06:55

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Yep, the divorce diet was awesome, the only good thing that came out of that marriage! Remarried now for 10 years and have to watch my weight all the time - but totally worth it!

Vikki