Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 10:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/228/140 Female 5-3
BF:
Progress: 2%
Default Just starting

Hello
I just started this forum and I have been reading everyones comments on Hoodia and they are very interesting. I have decided to purchase the Desert Burn. I will let everyone know my progress. Looking forward to talking with everyone.

Patricia
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 10:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny
Im glad its working well for you BKM...im just wondering what happens once your off Hoodia...regarding the book Lean for Life is a VERY good book...you should have a look at Why French Women Dont Get Fat...i never believe even to this day to cut most carbs out...i still believe eating fresh fruits, all veggies...nature was built on them and back then people werent fat at all...its plain and simple its just junk food or fast food of American that makes up fat...you dont see much fat people in europe (yes you do have some but NEVER like the westerners) cause they eat fresh and walk a lot...the key word is MODERATION and SMALL PORTIONS!!! you can have that fresh pastry once a week or on a special day whatever the case may be...or nice fresh bread...true not everyday but humans cant stop eating carbs for the rest of their lives...or you will go back to junk food...like i said, moderation and small portions...

Lan,

I'll try answering your questions...

1. Once my weight is off, I plan to continue with a moderated dose of the hoodia as I stabilize -- if I have to continue taking it for years in the future it'll be worth it! I had my weight down to where I wanted it (back in 1994) and maintained for many years -- it's just in the past few years that it's been creeping back up on me. I strongly suspect that I will not have to continuously take hoodia throughout maintenance, but will simply take some when I gain a few pounds and want to get them off again.... If I had been able to do this at the beginning of this weight gain, I'd never have gotten up to 160# again....

2. I very strongly believe in the low-carb WOE -- it has gotten my husband's blood work under control (he has never been heavy), our health is exceptionally good (we're in our 60s and going strong), and we act and look younger than many of our peers. Although we do eat some "good" carbs (I throw a bit of barley in our soups, we eat most vegetables and a lot of fruits) we moderate just how much of these we eat. I really don't think that man evolved as a grain-eating animal -- likely the scenario that Atkins et al paint of mankind being a hunter/scavenger is historically correct.

3. I've worked with many people who come over here (to the states) on temporary assignments -- particularly Germans, French, and English -- and in general they were not thin and healthy -- rather on the whole they were somewhat pudgy! And the pictures of my forebears (Polish, Scottish, and Irish) show rather hefty people..... I often wonder where this notion that Europeans are slim and healthy comes from??? I think the young of all nations (that is, nations that have enough food) are typically slim and nice-looking -- but I'm talking aobut the 50 and older group.

4. And yes, if you go back to the days when a woman had to tote her water then heat it over a fire, then use a scrub board to wash the clothes -- she could eat a lot more (if it was available) -- but she would burn a lot more! Like it or not, we're a sedentary society -- I sit at a computer all day, every day -- I get my 10,000 steps per day in by walking at lunch and in the evening, and then 30 minutes of daily exercise. I don't know how much more the French walk than us, but I do know that in Germany, where my son is stationed, the civilians drive to their jobs on base and sit in offices all day -- and the Autobahn stories he tells me!!!! Definitely, some Europeans do use cars, and they tend to drive them pretty darned fast!
  #153   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 14:21
Smilie Queen

Plan: Atkins/SB
Stats: 140/128.5/? Female 5'5"
BF:33%/27/22%

I have learned to eat smaller portions thanks to hoodia. I don't know if I could have gotten used to it without some help as that was my biggest problem. Even when eating healthy, I would often have 4 'servings' of an item. Lanny, why are you coming in here and suggesting reading books instead of leaving those of us who are happy with the hoodia alone? Along with BKM, I also don't care if I have to keep taking it.
  #154   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-05, 06:15

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Porcellino i think you didnt understand what i meant, BKM mentioned she interesting in the book Lean for Life which i read and yes it is a good book when you reach your goal just like a lot of other books i read or on the market...always up to the person what he or she believes in...and for your question :Lanny, why are you coming in here and suggesting reading books instead of leaving those of us who are happy with the hoodia alone? i have nothing against Hoodia cause i never had anything against natural products...seems to be working for BKM and a few others from what i read in here and not doing much for others...whatever works for you my all means go for it if it doesnt damage your health...i asked a simple question what happens when you reach your goal when you stop taking hoodia cause we all know if youve been on diets for ever that when you stop taking or doing something that works for you, we tend to regain all back...and yes a few of us dont gain it back cause we stick to our regular routines in excercises...so i think you misunderstood my post and if works for you and others go for it...and like every new product on the market and not a lot of research on it, you have to be careful and listen to your body cause it talks to you...
  #155   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-05, 09:02
Smilie Queen

I apologize for misunderstanding your post..... I see what you mean now, I just took it the wrong way.
  #156   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-05, 20:34

BF:
Thumbs up And away I go

I received my Desert Burn Hoodia this afternoon. I took 2 around 1:30 pm. I noticed a slight difference. I work evenings so I was on my way to work and I had just ordered some Girl Scout cookies and knew they would be sitting on my desk when I got there. When I took the two pills around 1:30pm by the time I got to work (25 minutes) I was not craving for the cookies. Even though about 2 hours later I ate some of the thin mints just to see how I would handle it. I really couldn't taste the cookies. My craving was not there. I took two more around 6:30 pm, this time my thoughts about food were gone. I am usually thinking about what I want to eat or what I am going to eat when I get home. I left work around 8:00pm; I normally leave at 10:00. I was not hungry and after drinking some water before leaving my stomach felt full. I hope this hoodia is working! I hope it continues to work.
  #157   ^
Old Thu, Feb-17-05, 15:40

Plan: Neandergirl
Stats: 145/131/122 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:36/34/19
Progress: 61%

Hi I am new to hoodia but not so new to low carbing-I like the zone- I want to say that I have had great results with hoodia!!!!! I can follow a diet to a tee, but restricting my portions seem almost impossible. Hoodia has helped me eat sensible amouts. I hope I don't start pigging out again when I quit taking it. I understand that overeating has to do with unresolved issues so I am trying to continue to do inner work as prescribed by Bob Green and Dr Phil. Good luck with your low carbing!!!!!
  #158   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 09:42

Hi Everyone ...

Well, I'm down to 143#! Getting closer to my goal weight every day -- it looks like I'm losing about 1.5-2 pounds per week, which is not a bad loss rate.

Yesterday I worked from home, which meant that I was in a totally different eating environment than normal. I decided that if I started thinking about food, I would take a hoodia capsule, wait a bit, then act on the hunger. What happened was that, when I did start thinking about food, I took a hoodia capsule, then somehow forgot all about eating. This happened twice during the day. At supper, I ate the salad and soup that I had planned, then again didn't think about eating....

I did notice a "habit" of mine -- I got a phone call when I was finishing my supper -- and instead of thinking about what I was eating I simpy hurried up and finished what was in my soup bowl so that I could take the call (my husband was chatting on the phone before that) -- and afterwards I felt overfull. Somehow I have to break the habit of eating everything on my plate, even when an outside situation inteferes....

But anyway, I love this hoodia -- it is really working for me!!!!
  #159   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 09:53

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

I started Hoodia today. Its not the pure it is called (Miracle 2000 Cerum 7) it has 420 mg blend of Hoodia Gordonii, Cassia, citric acid and pepperment oil in it. I don't know if it will work but it was only 25.00 compared to the price of the pure Hoodia so I thought I would give it a try. If anyone has tried this before could you let me know how it works for you. I'll post back in a couple of day to let everyone know if it works.
Good Luck!
  #160   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 13:22

Plan: LA weight loss
Stats: 171.5/164.5/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

ok, i am slowly loosing, I am now down to 161.5 using hoodia Supreme and not really changing anything else. So I am excited, it finally started to kick in when i upped the dosage.

Last edited by threegmom : Tue, Feb-22-05 at 13:40.
  #161   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 12:08

BF:
Default It's Working!!

Hello again,
It's been a week since starting Hoodia and I really know it's working! I have lost 2lbs I am not craving food and thinking about food like I did before Hoodia. So far I have taken as much as 4 in a day. Anyway Hoodia has made me more aware of whether or not I'm hungry. I'm not just eating because it's breakfast, lunch or dinner time anymore; I'm eating when I'm hungry!

[/IMG]
  #162   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 10:25

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

ok question for the hoodia buyers...where do you buy your hoodia...is it the first webpage or the 2nd webpage?

1) http://www.davisbiotech.com/
2) http://www.purehoodia.com/welcome.htm

thanks
  #163   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 10:39

hoodiahoodia

Desert Burn

Source Naturals

The above are the three places that I've ordered from.

1. hoodiahoodia: This is what I'm currently using -- I think it's working quite nicely, but the shipping was so mangled (it took over 2 months for my first order, with lots of re-orders, emails, etc.) that I went to Source Naturals.

2. Source Naturals: This one I take with the first, it's a 20:1 stem extract -- some people have been having good luck with just this one, so far I've always combined it....

3. Desert Burn: I ordered this (nice mail turn around!) to replace the hoodiahoodia when it runs out -- haven't started it yet (probably another week left of the hoodiahoodia) -- it has a nice forum attached to its site with various people reporting their successes/problems/etc. -- looks like it works for a lot of people.
  #164   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 10:46
Smilie Queen

Source Naturals,

$26.73 for 120, and I get it within a week from here
  #165   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 11:40
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Lanny, I get mine from the first website: Desert Burn. I love it b/c it's so much more economical than the one I had and works great.

...oops, I forgot to mention that it cost me $7.35 to get 2 bottles over the border. There was GST and a $5.00 handling fee.