Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-18, 09:42

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%
Default Gearing Up for Comeback

Hey.

So, I've done LC successfully in the past (Atkins, modified to allow nuts during Induction, because that's what works best for me!)

2014 saw some MAJOR depression... and 2015 was the year of 5 funerals. I went off LC.

Since then, I've tried a couple times to go back on, but would run up against a social schedule that included tons of potlucks... at the end of the day, when I had no chance to eat anything first, and often when I didn't have time to MAKE anything.

Yup, excuses.

Back in July (July 4, to be exact) I started having some big-time GI issues. With a tentative diagnosis of GERD, conventional wisdom said eliminate fats, especially saturated fats.

Even when I'm not LC, I know the importance of fats, so I questioned this... And found this board. I was told the advice was exactly backwards. I went back on LC, and felt relief!

Then I saw my gastroenterologist. I actually like him, and he didn't argue over my diet, but he DID want to test me for Celiac. I'd like to have an answer on that subject, so I agreed to go back on grains.

There's more going on (and being tested for) in that department, and I needed to get some cardiac testing first, AND I've had some STUFF going on, unrelated to health, that have cut into my time.... I've just now been able to get the labwork-testing done, and have my endoscopy scheduled for Friday.

So as of Monday (this coming week), I'll be back on LC. (Not today, because I need a payday and a shopping trip out of the way, first.)

Sadly, I'm not mentally as on-board as I was back in July. I'm TIRED right now... emotionally fatigued. I'm eating on-the-go a lot, and little things -- like getting to the bank -- seem exhausting. I know from experience how much attitude and "being there" mentally makes a difference.

I also know that it's so much easier when you've got a good support group. Being on a (now defunct) different LC support board MADE my success, last-time. I got so many cool recipes and ideas.... It's easy to get into a food-rut, and food-ruts and fall back on the handful of stuff you always do. Seeing some of the creative ways folks created dishes... I am not a strict recipe-follower, most of the time, but loved some of the creative ideas I found, and new ways to make "functional foods".

So... I'm back.

I'm not, strictly, starting today. And I don't yet know my start-weight... I need to fix my bathroom scale. (I think it needs a new battery. Hope that fixes it, because I love this scale!)

Come Monday, I'll wake up, and take my daily stats: Weight, measurements. I'll take a fist-full of vitamins/supplements (which I do when I'm taking care of myself... skipping them is the first sign I'm not). And I'll sip my BPC, and get back on-goal.

I KNOW what a difference taking care of myself makes. I know that when I'm eating right, I have more energy, and spend less time feeling like I'm going to die. (IBS is a thing... LC is the cure. At least for me.) YES, it's hard to find things to eat, some places. YES, weekends (when I'm usually scheduled within an inch of my life with no TIME to eat/make food, but lots of opportunity to eat carbs) will be a challenge. But back in 2012, when I moved to Florida, I got rid of all my fat clothes, and hadn't yet QUITE reached my goal weight, so was still "buying skinny" when I got new things. I have clothes in my closet I've literally never worn, because I was ALMOST down to that size when things started going so wrong. I'd like those clothes to actually get some wear!

So, I feel crummy right now, and my head's not in the game.

But very shortly, my body will be!
Sponsored Links