Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 11:50

Plan: Keto
Stats: 339/338/220 Male 74'
BF:
Progress:
Default Day 1: 138 To Go

Hi Everybody,

Just started my first day of true Keto. I'm 338 lbs right now and targeting 200 lbs. I'd like to accomplish it in a year but we'll see what happens.

Found a Keto calculator and saw that my macros are:

Carbs: 27g
Fat: 178g
Protein: 107g

They say this puts me at about 8 lbs/month lost but I'm hoping to increase that w/ discipline (truly staying on track) and increasing intensity on exercise. First few weeks I plan to take it slow and let my body and mind adjust to the new lifestyle. I imagine the body will be hard (Keto flu and whatnot) but I already know the biggest challenge will be overcoming my brain. And not just my brain but a very specific part of my brain that somehow has the power to override my commonsense and rationale.

"I know this is very bad for me, I know I should be doing something good for me, I know all the reasons that I started this journey, but I'm going to eat this pizza anyway"

I've always been a big guy but I blossomed in college and it wasn't until the tail-end of my career there that I was able to lose about ~75 lbs to walk around at 275 (which is still big).

A few years later I'm back to 338 lbs and wishing I had somehow maintained the momentum when I was 275.

Anyway this is my big push. I've dabbled and failed in the past but this time it feels different. Even though I call this Day 1, I've been drastically cutting carbs since Friday. My last 'bread' thing that I ate was a pastry at the car dealership on Saturday when my car was being serviced.

I really want to see this through to my goal of 200 lbs. I have a growing support system at home with my little brother who has already lost over 100+ lbs so that is good, but I know the greatest threat comes when I'm alone.

Anyway, wasn't sure where to put this introduction of sorts. Tips and suggestions are most appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 12:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/262/205 Male 6' 1
BF:waaay tooo much
Progress: 26%

Welcome Tony!

This is a great group of folks, you will like them.

I've got a goal of about 200 lbs also...though I'm flexible.

You'll find lots of inspiration here; there are folks who've lost and kept a LOT of weight off; khrussva is one that comes to mind. For an inspiration, read his posts.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/member.php?u=160855
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 16:27

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

"I really want to see this through to my goal of 200 lbs" -Tony

Welcome Tony. If I will offer only one piece of advice... Don't put a time limit on it. When and if you reach a weight of 200, you've reached a weight of 200. That's it.

Be a friend to your body, not it's boss as it may rebel --- I guess that's two pieces of advice
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 20:05

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

WHen yoou work your way into this ketogentic diet, the craving for pizza will diminish. FOr me? LOVE pizza and my thin trim teens can clean out the fridge......

When I hit road blocks I use the 90 good habit challenge to inspire dedication to a new way of eating..... you might check it out, see how it works for others, and design a support challenge for yourself.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-13-18, 11:35

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 352/332/240 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Welcome to the group! I'm in similar spot, started my LC journey around 365 and hope to get to about 225. I made it to 245 but got off track and gained most of it back. I completely understand about the alone thing. I'm good when I'm around people but I struggle more when it's just me. Hang in there with it!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-18, 15:14

Plan: LC/GF
Stats: 208/174/168 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

Hi Tony,

I love pizza too. It’s about the only thing that knows my name and calls to me. There is a great recipe for Fathead Pizza Crust out there https://www.recipe-diaries.com/2017...ad-pizza-crust/ it’s really good if you don’t burn it (ask me how I know). We make it with sausage, pepperoni, and thinly sliced onion. It’s not difficult, but if you’re not game for cooking just eat the toppings baked together in a casserole dish. Works for me.

Good luck on your journey.