Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1021   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-19, 10:38

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Sunday!- Good Morning!

TRIG
- Have a great time with the bro! Your family seems so close! You are one blessed gal. Does the kiddo have any cousins? I bet your mom spoils her crazy! Something about a girl!
Have a great time!

BLUE- YUP I know that I go the weather right this time! But then again it is like a total 80 I could say your cold and flurries and I would hit bullseye!
Is that little place you went to dinner the same place you took me? Gosh I loved that place. I still drool over the Walleye there.....sighhhh That was such a great dinner! I wonder how I can get that shipped to me- Walleye. It is a pure tasting fishing. Meaning that the cold lakes and not polluted oceans makes for a delicious fish!
Truth be told I can tell that the fish in the last few years have developed a "ocean". Ever since that reactor started spilling plutonium into the sea and killing off all the fish. I am really picky now from where the fish comes. The cold waters of Antartica are still "pure" as it is going to get. You know that has still not been resolved. Anyway that is an entire different post.
But going back to my question- I would love to get some yummy fish sent south. I love the fact you grew up with Walleye for breakfast! YUMMMMMMMM

Nic- Talk about some $$$$$ for a day. Oh HELLO yes I would have done the same thing. That is like a free flight! Yup- and you blew of the day walking and just hanging out. Yes maybe tiring- but you took advantage of it and walked. And you were home settled in by 9pm. Sounds like a deal to me.
Ok- for the roley poly thing and drinks.....if you were drinking sugar drinks yup- bloaty for sure. But red dry wine and straight up rum, or Vodka with sugar free sparkling water or straight up is fine. I did not say a binge on drinks but It doesn't raise your blood sugar until you add sugar to the drink. So I am tempted to say it might have been a little carb, salt, fluid, and fried and breaded something. Those little bites really do add up. But what the hello, you were on vacay and you know how to get back on track! Sounds like you had a great time.
ALWAYS LAUNDRY after being gone! I also love how you were warmly greeted by your 4 legged babies! They are babies aren't they? Sounds like your Bella is behaving herself- no stories!

LORI-
- poor little mouse! I just knew you have your eyes toward golf!!!!!- the pay as you go might just be the way to go this year! What type of cards do you play? Do you play Euchre???? Boy I would love to get a game going if the you all know how to play! Super fun!
I love the shorts of truth. you know what I am afraid to pull my shorts out from even last summer. I see sagging skin for the first time in the mirror and softer in places that I have a hard time shoving into shorts!
Funny - so I know you and I have a love of pretty clothes and all. Well I was browsing for some pretty "under" clothes. They now have a line of undies to help the MUFFIN TOP. Not spanks- underwear. They are by Warner. I bought some- I love them. They feel great- and not "old lady"- but my muffin- still wins! HAHA- I still like them though, Amazon.....

I know you are excited about leaving out for some early Spring/ sun and beach! Lucky You! I hope it is great! Are you going to check out on of the places for dinner BLUE recommended?
We want pics too!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Ladies- I am not going to bore you with work bullcrap this morning. I am just moving forward and working on it. They want me to train the new class of nurses coming in on the 4 & 5th. then I officially become a field nurse. I wish this had a middle finger emoji.

I am going to have to suck it up and go to a doctor. I have been putting it off going on 6-8 weeks. My numbness and weakness in my left arm is getting worse. I was hoping that the the Chiropractor would help. I think it has gotten worse. Then I started reading the risks involved with neck manipulations - scared the crap out of me.

The reason I don't want to go? $$$$- I am sure they will order a MRI of my neck and shoulder. I could save them the money and tell them the neck issues I had about 5 years ago has returned and I just want some physical Therapy. I have bulging disks in my neck that is now laying on a nerve. If I move my head just right- my arm goes instantaneously dead. So I can save a ton of money and just get right to the point. But that is not how doctors roll. they will order stupid tests- and "rule" out cardiac- before coming back weeks later to say it is a pinched nerve. Toss in I am a terrible patient and most of the time smile and nod and do what I want...is Statins...... dump Keto.... count calories, work out and everything in moderation. Yea well.......

Pottery class was fun. I made a really cute bowel with leaf imprints in it. I can't wait to glaze it. I want it ocean blue/green. I will take a pic when it is ready ! I still have to fire and glaze it. I did notice the weakness on my left arm with trying to pound out clay. Dang- gone are the days to "sleep" off aches and pains. -

I am making my version of jambalaya today. I picked up some HUGE colossal peel and eat shrimp. I have left over sausage and diced grilled chicken. I also have onion, garlic, and 1/2 jar of salsa. Will swap out the rice for "cali rice and add it at the very end to keep it's texture. Top with red pepper flakes and fresh parsley. OMG - I think that sounds delish. True some veg- but mostly the combo of meats and spices. The cali rice will just be the "binder" - I won't make a big pot. I will make 2 servings, maybe 3. I think it will be good. I have the sausage link too. Yes- high salt.

Today is laundry as well, paying bills, and getting in a walk. Supposed to hit a high of 55, before a cold from blows through Tue.
I want to get out with the dogger. See this gal run some- momma needs to move too.

I so need to move more! I know I keep saying that- but I truly need to get some weight off - what a STRUGGLE it has been this last year. Seriously for the most part I don't get it. I eat cleaner than 99% of people I know. (except Trig/Lori)- I really think cortisol plays a huge part in weight loss.
For me- I internalize stress. Therefore I likely have that in balance going on as well. I demanded that my cortisol levels be tested. Well of course my doctor did not think it was necessary- and if I wanted to pay for stuff like that I will need to go to an alternative holist physical- and that will not be cheap. That has been my hold back.

Just when I think I have my feet on the ground with getting stable with a job and getting crap paid off and saving for a rainy day- the rug gets pulled. So I am not doing anything right now until I get some answer in WRITING- yes in WRITING. so I need to just hang on a bit longer. Then once I know what I have to work with, I will investigate some alternative angles. Conventional medicine is met to keep people sick. The answer is just to write whatever pill is the popular med of the month. Thanks but no thanks- OK off my soap box.

Hanging in except for a walk. Got a huge late start on my day. Started a new series- ARROW on Netflix. Finally turned it off about 130- last night. I sorta like the vigil anti type of dramas. And of course the main actor is VERY easy on the eyes- God bedroom blue!
On THAT note-
Have a great day!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Jan-27-19 at 10:48.
Sponsored Links
  #1022   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-19, 16:47

BF:

Awesome day here-
Chillin- watching Ice Skating, napping, fireplace, laundry, just pure nesting and giving to the body what I need- rest, clean food and immersing in low stress activities. It feels great. A total vacay day from the world of work, stress, and people's needs. Just good.

Played on You Tube, Skating- I love it, music in motion. My meal was great- the shrimp, chicken and sausage was great- did not miss the rice.
I still have a the evening- it will be just as wonderful. I actually turned off my phone. The world will be here soon enough tomorrow. But not tonight.

Have a good one all.
  #1023   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-19, 22:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Yep, we're finally getting it in terms of weather. Cold and due to get colder in the next days and up to 6 inches of snow expected overnight here. Already it is mounting up as I look out our windows. And it's not the gorgeous big flakes we had in our last bit of a snow storm, back before Xmas, which was just beautiful.

No,this is that sleety kind of snow, and more to come, and baby, it's cold outside. Hubby said to me tonight, well, at least I don't have to worry about what's adding up out there. Don't have to go out and shovel by the layer. Nope, we just watch it fall, and watch our apartment people take care of it all. SIGH, that's a very, very nice thing .

Hope y'all don't mind but going to take this space for myself tonight. We all need to do that now and then, and I am reading along, and will be back w/personals in short order.

So, as I've said, I've been trying to get back on the wagon w/out a lot of success. I've tried the one meal a day thing, didn't work for me, now. I tried the fasting thing, didn't work for me, now.

It's all about NOW, right? Whatever "now" means for any of us.

So, my head's been whirling w/what WILL work NOW for me. SIGH, and not sure I've got it yet, but AM starting something.

So, have any of you gals tried Progesso soups? Well I'd heard how good they were, but never a huge soup person, although I like it when it's presented to me.

Went to the market and got several cans/types of Progresso soup, thinking if I can do soup for lunch, and then a mostly LC dinner for awhile, it will be a good beginning.

This weekend I started. OMG, Progresso Sausage/chicken gumbo is the bomb. 17 carbs for a cup, and I admit I had two today, so that's 34 carbs.

Then for dinner, a New York strip, a tiny mound of mashed potato loaded w/butter and sour cream. AND a Caesar salad in which I made the dressing.
My neighbor/pal upstairs gave me an excellent and simple recipe for this. So many times the Caesar you order at a restaurant is no where near the real thing.

But this dressing recipe is delish and real, and I just drizzled it over some whole romaine leaves and sprinted w/parmesan.

Yeah, I need to lose even the very small mound of mashed Tates. But still, I probably came in around 60 carbs for the day. And for NOW, I'm Ok w/that.

So this is my new thing for NOW. Soup for lunch, and eager to try the other Progresso flavors I bought, all of them reasonable in carbs for me and my plan. Then, a reasonably LC dinner.

Not looking to equal where I left off at 20 to 25 carbs a day. Have tried to simply hop back on that wagon, and it hasn't worked for me NOW.

After so many months off plan, I finally realized I can't just jump back on plan. I need to back into this thing, like I did so long ago when it worked best for me.

And, I WILL ALWAYS need good tasting things. That will always be my challenge, as I just don't see the day I don't care about food or its joys, unless I were to get really sick, and I certainly don't want THAT to be the solution.

So, wish me luck gals. For the first time in forever, I actually see and feel a plan developing that might work, for NOW.

I keep capitalizing NOW, because that's all I can deal with. So many changes in my life, so many changes to deal with besides my woe. BUT, my woe is very important too, and deserves the attention and commitment I haven't been giving it for some time.

SIGH. Sure hope I'm onto something good for me, and that I can finally start here and do even better.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Jan-27-19 at 22:54.
  #1024   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-19, 05:59

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Blue...I think your plan sounds awesome. Soup is so satisfying, especially in the bone chilling winter. I have not tried the Progresso soups for years....may look into the flavors again. You are so right that we have to find what works for us NOW.

We, too, are headed for some super cold air this week. We are getting snow overnight tonight and all day tomorrow. I guess 5+ inches. After that the super cold air gets here for a couple days. Below zero at night and a high of 10 or 12. Key West is looking better & better!

I'm going to go play Pickleball this morning and then home. I hope we have Yoga in the morning, but the instructor drives for a half hour or so to get to the Rec Center, so she may not make the trip. We'll see. I was hoping to get 2 good yoga sessions in this week since I'll miss all next week, but the weather will dictate it.

I did all my laundry yesterday, so not sure what I'll get into today. Maybe I'll start figuring out what clothes to pack for next week. I'm not taking much. We want to travel light!

Have a good Monday!
  #1025   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-19, 08:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Oh heck yeah I had the fruity drinks, the tropical frozen drinks, the whiskey sours, the LIITs.. GIRL I was on vacation with a drink package and I regret not one tiny bit of it! The water has mostly come off but I'm sure there are a few pounds that remind and will need to be dealt with. Done it before, can do it again!

I'm so sorry that you are still having weakness and pain in your arm and neck, Jaz. I hope you can get some answers and that it doesn't require a stupid amount of testing to get it.

How was your Jambalaya? I hope it was super yummy! Good for you for turning off your phone, taking your ME time and reducing your stress. ALL GOOD MOVES!

Blue- Loving the fact that you and the Hubs can just enjoy the wintery snowfalls without having to worry one bit about the cleanup and maintenance.

I think your soup idea is really, really excellent. Honestly. And another thing you could do to stretch it if you feel hungry is add some cauli rice, or some extra veg or something like that. Or even some additional broth- none of that would affect the counts much but would stretch it at a cup serving. GO YOU and DO YOU and don't worry about anything else!

Lori- It will be even better to go on this trip while the rest of the country is freezing!! I will say to pack a sweatshirt or light jacket. I am a bit of a wimp and our first couple of days (Miami, and parts of the Key West day) I was pretty chilly. Once we headed toward Mexico I was good to go. But in the evening in Miami I had on a shirt, buttoned up cardigan and a jacket! It was windy that evening though.

••••••••••••

All is well here. Going to make a Costco and store run, but taking a walk as well. I'm listening to the audiobook of Michelle Obama "Becoming" and so taking walks is a good way to get some listening in. I'm not one who can just sit in a chair and listen while doing nothing else but if I try to do anything else I realize I'm not listening!

I did get a walk in yesterday. We also have some dicey weather headed our way late Tuesday into Wednesday.

A bit frustrated with this CASA case. The kids are great but the adults aren't very good about getting back to me with communication etc. It is what it is.

Housekeepers come tomorrow, which is good bc there is a lot of dog hair around! Things are generally picked up now, laundry done etc.

Not a heck of a lot else to report for now! Just motoring along. Been keeping it clean since my return so today is day three of clean eating. Slept well last night too!
  #1026   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-19, 13:45

BF:

Good Monday Morning! Do you ever wonder WHY I always name the day? So I KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BLUE- So I really enjoyed your soup plan. I did have to wonder what made you pick soup over say the frozen Adkins or a "lighter" frozen meals. I have tried some of those and they are not bad. Progresso soups are good too. I just know for me the salt is a bit high but if you can handle that it's a different story.
So I am going to say this. In the scope of the fact that MOST people eat about 300 or more total carbs a day! So the fact you are keeping a handle on starting back into this at 60- is great. If you were my patient and a diabetic I would encourage you to be exactly that. Sixty carbs or less. But you know what? Even the diabetic's are told to keep their carbs at 60 per MEAL! No wonder they need insulin due to the fact they have so much EXCESS sugar in their blood.
So I am happy that you have something you can live with. So you start that and maybe you take baby steps towards not needing the "extra". I also wonder if those shakes you like might also work? Did you like those? You might CONSIDER a shake one day for lunch and soup the next.
You know it's all about what WORKS for each of us. We aren't going to stick to something that doesn't feel good.

I have heard this over and over: "what workout plan is the best? The one you will stick to! I feel the same way about the WOE. I may have my ideas- but we are not a one size fits all. I also know that we (being society) need to stop judging each other. If people would spend more time on getting their own shtt together and less time shaming people for their looks there would be less eating disorders.

Did you happen to catch the story about the gal that got nominated for her first globe? Anyway she reached out to several designers to dress her. She was turned down due to ENORMOUS size: 8. Google it- actress rants over designers won't dress a size 8. She took it to social media- GOOD FOR HER!- Back in the day an actress would slink home in shame and starve!
Wow how did I get from Progresso soup to the Oscars?!?!?!-
OK- I see that you are getting the deep freeze of deep freezes! Gal pal to see that schools and business are closed there is rather stunning. You all close for NOTHING! It's got to be bad

TRIG- How was the get together with the Bro? How is your mom doing? Hope you are well! You are doing so so so so VERY well on the WOE!

NIC- Awesome on the plan for the DS. You are so right. Time to start giving that boy/man wings and let him fly.
Are you all caught up on your laundry.

Lori- are you out and about today? I know you are chomping on the bit to get out and head south!
I thought of you today when I actually had to put on my "jeans of truth"- for the first time in a month. My god they were so tight I could hardly breath. I was SHOCKED! I have been wearing yoga pants and stretchy pants for almost a month. When I am not in yoga pants I am in a loose dress.
It was very disappointing. I hear ya on shorts of truth!
It is a better caliber than a scale. When you can't breath and the muffin "Dunlap" over the pants it sucks! if it weren't so NOT funny! Oh well you are doing awesome!
You are leaving at just the right time.
-----------------------------------------------------
It has taken me ALL morning and then some to get this written.
I am so not motivated to do much of anything today. I did however vacuum, make it to the dentist for a super cleaning and a cavity filled. Came home and am trying to get my office in working order. They delivered a bunch of equipment I need to get squared up. Did I? No- I applied for 4 more positions and wrote a letter to HR- requesting my rights regarding the school tuition if I leave since I am being "down sized". I know what I was told by legal. But hey they don't know that.

So my ex boy friend has mysteriously re-entered my orbit today. That is a later post. I just don't know what to think about it. - I will write about it in a bit. Need to do SOME THING WORK RELATED for another 2 hours.

I just love pretty white teeth!!!!! I just wish I could go every month!

Figuring out what I want for my meal of day- getting truly hungry.

Back in a bit
  #1027   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-19, 18:31

BF:

Jaz, you are so right. The best plan is the one you can stick to, whether eating or exercise or financial or any of the other myriad of areas in which people struggle. It can make it so much worse when we are buffeted by everyone else's thoughts and opinions about what makes something right or wrong and then we are left doubting and feeling like we are failing. Nope! Each person should do what works best for her and leaves her feeling the most centered and to heck with the rest!

You are being scrappy and looking for opportunities, loopholes and whatever else. Good for you. Do it! You may well turn something up!

The wings I made for dinner last night were so darn good that I made some more for lunch today. I had a teeny dinner, just a bit to keep DH company. That was crack slaw. We have a ton leftover for later on this week. I've also got a few sausages for one dinner, some ribs defrosting for dinner/lunches and some chicken thighs for roasting, which will serve for several different meal options.

Did not end up taking a walk (my back was tweaky today) but I did do a bunch of walking/moving through Costco, Walmart, and the cooking of meals etc so it was an active enough day.

My Mom and her Fiancι are trying to figure out a wedding day. I just don't even know.. they are an odd pair, honestly. But it's not any of my business.
  #1028   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-19, 21:59

BF:
Progress:

Hi galies,

Lori---IMO, you can't start packing soon enough, particularly if you want to travel light. This involves a lot more thought than throwing everything in at the last moment, which is when we always throw too much in. Packing light is a learned talent I think, and I still struggle w/it.

But, fact is when we travel, despite my efforts to travel light, I usually only wear half of what I've packed. I do think it takes some forethought and planning, and then a commitment to wear what you have and let that be.

Something about being caught w/out choices on a trip, but when you actually get there, I find I don't care that much about what I'm wearing, just eager to trip out of the hotel and breath it all in. I long for the day when I have the guts to pack a simple black traveling dress, in case we want to do fancy, and then one or two pants options, depending on the weather we are headed for, and about 3 or 4 well chosen tops. DONE. Never done it, but these days I'm looking for less hassle, less unnecessary stuff, physically, emotionally and mentally.

Haha, let's see how I do packing for Charleston.

Nic---Just want to note from a post a bit past from you, that I can't say OH YEAH strongly enough when it comes to teaching our kids---to use your words, "legislate for themselves."

SIGH. Oh man, one of the hardest things about being a mom for me has been that all my well earned wisdom in life, everything I've learned from my failures, can't save my son from his disappointments and hard lessons.

BUT, once he learns it for himself, I do find that our words echo and re-inforce the lesson, and he's said as much to me many times. But boyo, it has often been painful waiting for him TO GET IT. And like your boy, he's such a good kid---smart, funny, kind and talented. But in his case, also OPPOSITIONAL. If you know what I mean.

Anyway, I have no worries or doubts about your youngest in the end. He's had such love and support, and a really great family holding him in the palm of their hands. In the end, he'll do just fine. But waiting for it to all click in can be so painful for a mom. Or a dad.

Jaz---Yay, you go girl sending out feelers here there and everywhere, and I agree, one hand doesn't necessarily know what the other hand is doing in a large company, so nothing to lose, everything to gain if you're lucky.

Hmmm, message from an old boyfriend. Always interesting. Let us know if it adds up to anything worth commenting on.

To answer to what you threw out, I chose really good, easy soup over Atkins meals because----well, they're simply better, and fit into my current plan better and easier and way cheaper. I don't worry about sodium. It comes it goes, washes out pretty fast with a good regime of water.

And on that note, I'm a drinkin' the water! Bought myself one of those big plastic glasses w/a straw and cover, and keeping it near where I work here. Duh. Don't know what took me so long to do that. Anyway sipping along all day long. Refill, start sipping again.

Trig--- Hope you had a great family day w/your mom and bro.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I think I FINALLY have that bit of LC wind under my wings that I've been waiting for. It's not a strong gust, but it's there and I'll take it!

Today I almost did just one meal. I just wasn't hungry and I went w/that. About 4 or so, I started to get pretty hungry, so had one cup of Progresso "Tomato Florentine w/Italian Sausage. Then I had a bunch of work e-mails to return, so did that, And then a pal called and we had a nice chat.

About 6, I made myself another fab homemade caesar, this time w/hard boiled eggs, only this time I purposely under did the eggs so that the whites were done, but the yolks were still bright yellow. YUMEROOOOONI. Had my salad w/a second cup of the soup.

This soup has a bit of pasta in it, meh, ate it and enjoyed it. Total NCs for one cup on this one is 17. That's 34 Net carbs for two cups. Then the Caesar salad---throw in another 15 to 20 carbs, mostly because I did have a handful of small croutons on it. All together still around 50 carbs.

And that's the thing for me right now, I've learned thru trial and error that after months of being off plan, I was not ready to jump in with the heavy restriction thing. So again, starting where I did so long ago. Backing my way into this. And I'm thinking once my pants start to loosen up a bit and I get that thinner feeling, I'll naturally decrease my carbs.

But, even if I don't do that real soon, this is a big improvement for me and I'll take it, and I'm feeling the woe mojo a bit. Been so long since I felt that!

Oh man, REALLY enjoying these Progresso soups. They are so hearty and tasty. Working my way thru the various flavors, will see what I want to buy more of and what I don't particularly want again. They really suit me right now as a lunch or part of dinner. Easy, no fuss, no muss, and that's what I need right now, as I have a lot of other fish to fry in my new life.

Also, picked up a few big artichokes today, will sub them in for soup here and there this week for lunch, or add them to a piece of meat for dinner.

Doing this day by day this time. NO big LC shopping trips anymore. Buying only what I might eat in the next few days, and putting more thought into planning that.

My goal is to make it till the weekend on my new plan, then maybe a treat night. Maybe not. Don't know yet, not looking that far ahead. Day by day, and looking forward to tomorrow, and another day on my new plan.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Jan-29-19 at 00:46.
  #1029   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-19, 05:49

BF:

Good Morning!

Only a skiff of snow this morning....more to come as the day goes on. I think we'll only get a few inches...not a big deal. I'm just happy that I'll be able to go to Yoga this morning!

I have to stop at the grocery store after class and then get home as the exterminator is coming for our quarterly service at 10:30. I'll need to hurry!

I seem to be trying to catch a cold or something. Sinus drainage had me coughing last night as I was trying to fall asleep. Ugh....don't want that mess right before I get on the plane. Advil Cold & Sinus to the rescue if needed.

Blue....you have me wanting to check out the Progresso soups when I go to the grocery store today. I'm going to try to make today a "down" day as far as calories go....one of those soups would hit the spot!

I'll be back to check on you all later. Time for another cup of coffee.
  #1030   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-19, 07:35

BF:

Blue, just so you know, I always welcome and appreciate your words about your son as I suspect strongly that he is like my son (or my son is like him.) Wonderful, loving, ornery, oppositional times 100, creative and on his own path. I am just desperately trying to hang on and let go at the same time. I will miss him so much when he leaves this house for whatever the next step will be but I will also gladly hand him ownership for his own choices so HE can carry the worry! I feel strongly that my job this year is to help him do the best he can so that he has options, and next year to keep him at a passing level of As-Cs to keep options open. After that, it's all on him and I will certainly wish him the very best!

I love your plan and what you are doing. I think it is utterly brilliant. And you WILL slim down just with what you are doing alone. If you want to change it up more, then you can. If not, don't!

BTW, if you feel up to sharing and have the time, I would LOVE that caesar dressing recipe that your friend shared with you.

Lori, we are getting the icky weather here too, supposedly. We'll see what actually happens. A few snowflakes out there this morning.

I really hope you aren't getting sick. Maybe it could be the cold, dry air?

•••••••••

Good morning, Dear Ones!

Got a phone call a little before 6 AM that due to impending weather, school will let out three hours early, so I was able to tell DS17 that he gets dismissed at noon today. Nice treat for him! I also told him that as long as he texts me where and with whom, he can go out to lunch when school dismisses.

Just going to have a home day today. Got all my errands done yesterday so nothing pressing on the agenda. Just need to follow up with the CASA family and try to force some sort of response so I can get this week's visit on the calendar. Also put a call in last night to the social worker to try to catch up with him on this case. Back to court AGAIN on February 13th. I think this is the fourth time this case has gone to court since November, which is just ridiculous. Hopefully after this it will move to a more normal every-six-months schedule.

That's about it from here. On plan, cruising along (no pun intended!)
  #1031   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-19, 07:58

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I am in a mood again. the winter blah mood and I ain't chatting right now LOL
yea that kind of mood

progresso soup is the ones I buy. just a few, I tried broth from a few and I am down to low sodium roasted chicken noodle and light beef pot roast as my drinks. throw away the guts and drink the broth I also use campbells chicken noodle, manhattan clam chowder for a big taste change in the broth dept and hmm, that seems to be it. All I use.

fasting day. water only. making it all work for me.

ok off I go...waiting on like 2-3 days of rain coming, misty rainy out there now. just in a freakin' kill someone mood, I need a vacation fast LOL

good reads on the board!! great day all
  #1032   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-19, 17:03

BF:

hey ladies..........

my ..............
Went and got a massage last night. Little lady turned my back into chopped beef and I am in PAIN!!!!!!! Have taken so much Ibuprofen it is making me nauseous.
I will chat you all up tomorrow. Sitting on ice packs - and tired from all this inflammation.
Back tomorrow when feeling better.

turkey / green beans (few) / gravy- carbs under 10 for entire day.

Off to R&R in front of fireplace and watch the Arrow -

Chat you up tomorrow
  #1033   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-19, 20:32

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Yes, agree about our sons. Mine is doing really well these days, but there are still times he does things that make me cray cray, or doesn't do things he needs to and that makes me cray cray. Hate to tell you honey, but even when they live across the country from you, and they're older and leading their own lives, dang it, you still worry when you get a call and their voice just doesn't sound right and you know they're struggling with something and struggling to tell you about it, and you just hope it's nothing real big.

SIGH, thankfully at this point that doesn't happen so often anymore---my guy has grown leaps and bounds since he left home. And y'know Nic, we try and try to put down the boundaries and "legislate" their well being with both rewards and threats of consequences, but my experience is w/this type of kid, they really don't grow up till we're not there to bail them out with the direction and guidance they receive so reluctantly if at all, and learn later they really miss it.

Good news is, can't tell you how many times my son has called just to say "Mom you know how you always said...well, you were right"---many variances on that. And then you smile and think it wasn't all for naught after all.

Trigger--Sorry the crabby/irritated/frustrated thing has its teeth in the butt of your jeans. Oh, I so know THAT feeling. Had a bit of that going on last week and woke up one morning thinking, why am I irritated with every thing and every one? Thankfully, it passes. I really don't like that state of mind, and hope it passes soon for you.

Jaz---Wow. What kind of massage did you get?!?! I know there are those that do the deep knuckle twister in your muscles---something about breaking them down as if they're a slab of tough meat? Forget what they call it, but I had exactly one like that years ago and felt like I'd paid to be tortured, during and after.

Folks say, yeah but after the pain you feel so much better. Well, yeah, duh. When the pain they cause stops, you bet it feels better, LOL. But I can honestly say I found no improvement after that massage. NONE. Just hurt during the massage and for a day or two after that and then right back to where I was before I put myself thru that.

Yeah, NO! I'm all about an invigorating massage, not a punishing one, with no dang results. I'll tell you, best massage I have EVAH had was a hot stone massage. The heat just radiates into your body, and the actual massage that goes with it is gentle, because your body is just a warm piece of putty at that point, very open to and accepting of hands laid on, without having to be pummeled.

Sure hope you "feel much better" tomorrow, LOL, or IOW, hope the pain goes away and hope you won't be returning to that massage meanie, Or if you do it will be cause you got some lasting benefit from this king of thing that I never did.

Lori---Do check out those Progresso soups. Many kinds, and I'm trying all the ones that appeal to me. They are so tasty and hearty. Today I had the Mushroom soup and it was delish. Only 11 carbs per cup on this one, and I only had 1 cup today about 1pm.

Like others here I've found once I start the eating train for the day, I simply think more about food. Which is counter intuitive in a way, in that you'd think that great breakfast meal, "most important meal of the day" blah blah blah, would satisfy you and keep your mind off food for hours to come. Just doesn't work that way for me, and I believe you've stated the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, day 2. 1 cup of soup for lunch, cheeseburgers for dinner. Had one cheeseburger on a slice of LC bread, had the other one w/no bread, but a fried egg on top.

Have been sipping water all day long, would guess about 4 or 5 glasses all told so far.

So, good day, probably somewhere around 30 to 40 carbs, not making it my business to count it JUST SO every day right now, just know from experience it adds up to something like this, and that is good.

OMG girls, yep we finally got winter here coming at us with all guns loaded. It's a polar vortex they say and will only last a couple of days. But today was scary cold with ferocious winds on top of 15 freaking below zero. Tomorrow is supposed to be even worse.

So I canceled a meeting tomorrow, happy hour, w/an art director I've been introduced to thru colleagues, to go after work, and I think he was greatly relieved. Told him I was a wuss about driving in this kind of weather, particularly when it gets dark. LOL, he said he was thinking the same but didn't want to look like a wuss.

That's the way we are up in the Northland, we get out there after big snow falls, and get on about our business, and we usually deal with the cold with a flick off our lapel. But these temps and wind chills are record breaking, no need to tough it out, just cancel everything and don't go out unless you have to.

Our schools are cancelled, and businesses are closing down early. Hubby just left to pick up a pal at the airport, I won't totally relax till he gets home.

SIGH. No totally escaping winter here, but up till this week, it's been so pleasant. It's supposed to be much more reasonable by Thursday. Tomorrow I have one errand I really should run, then will come home and not venture out again.

It is what it is, so imo, you grab the silver lining, which for me is that I see an afternoon under my blanky on the sofa reading. Or maybe hubby and I will start a new series and binge watch the day away. Not often life gives you this choice when you're not sick. So think I'm going to find a way to enjoy it, have my coffee, drink my soup, and then figure out what dinner will be about. Maybe a nice tuna salad. Haven't made that in awhile.

Night, night.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Jan-29-19 at 21:32.
  #1034   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-19, 06:11

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue.....good idea to stay in during this cold snap. I'm not going out to Pickleball this morning....just feel I should stay put. I think it is around 8 or 10 right now. Tomorrow will be -10 with a high in the single digits. Ugh. I would like to go to Yoga tomorrow morning....I may brave it. We'll see.

Jaz....your massage sounds brutal. I don't like that kind....at all. I'm never sure what type to ask for.....is Swedish the nice one? I agree with Blue that the hot stone massage is lovely. If you are this sore after the massage, I'm wondering how you could stand it during?! I'm afraid I would have slugged the therapist!

Trig....hope your mood is better today. I'm afraid mine is headed in the same direction. Our trip to FL can't get here soon enough.

Nic...did you get snow yesterday? I think we ended up with a bit over 2 inches...just enough to be a mess.

Hope things get better with the CASA family. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you with this one.

My "down" day did not happen yesterday. I was just too hungry. I'm going to try again today since I don't have to make dinner tonight. DH has plans with a buddy to go out for pizza. I'm happy to not have to cook tonight. I think I'll have some Kettle & Fire broth around Noon, and maybe a hard boiled egg. Maybe the same for dinner. That will bring me in well under my 500 calorie limit. I also haven't been doing great with water consumption, so need to step that up.

Hoping to get the last tax document I'm waiting for in the mail today so I can finish up that chore. Fun times.

More coffee heading my way!
  #1035   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-19, 08:06

BF:

Good gosh, Jaz, that is insane!! That massage sounds absolutely horrible!!When DH and I were on our honeymoon in Jamaica, we both got our first massage. We were each in a little hut facing the ocean. I could hear him though and his dude was beating the crap out of him! He was grunting. LOL Mine was one of those "diggy" massages. Both of us came out of it saying we would never ever have a massage done again!

Years and I do mean years later, after I found out about relaxation massages and gentle massages, I DID try it again and I do love a nice massage now. But I make it clear it is all about relaxation for me! I don't want them to talk to me, I just want to get in the zone and melt into a puddle! Poor DH never did risk it again!

I am guessing yours was supposed to be therapeutic or she was trying to deal with whatever pain/numbness you have been having but it sounds like she was more than a little overzealous!

Thanks Blue, just holding on and I know you are right, the worry certainly will not stop! But the day to day annoyances will decrease and I will definitely appreciate that! I tell you, he will argue about every little thing these days and it is so inane! I just keep thinking that this too will pass. He's a frustrated 17 year old who wants to go and do something else, be anywhere else, be done with school etc and we are the recipients of all that frustration. We'll get there, assuming I don't snap first and rip his head off!

I think your relaxing day with no meetings or anything sounds great!! I am watching The Haunting of Hill House. I'm on the fourth episode. My DD wanted me to watch some of show called Yummy Mummies and I tried but that is just not my cup of tea!

Lori, I really do like how you do your down days and how you listen to your body and don't make it into a huge fight. It seems to pay off!

••••••••••

School dismissed at 12 yesterday and we did get some snowfall but the first couple of hours didn't stick. We came out with an inch and some change; hardly anything. Then school was under a two hour delay today, and was then cancelled so no school today either.

We do have cold coming our way with single digit lows and negative 20s wind chills. Not sure what they will do as far as schools and stuff goes. My kid's school should open regardless bc they don't stand out for busses or anything but I guess we'll just see.

The vacay weight is coming down. I didn't weigh the first day back (the day I was peeing continuously!) but from the second day (Sunday) to today (Weds) I am down three. Two more to go and I will be at my pre-vacation weight including what I had lost since the beginning of the year. Still some ways to go but no travel happening until Charleston and I will stay pretty well on track with that just being with you all!

So it appears that my Mom is indeed getting married. The good news for me is that she is getting married in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge while we are already going to be there, and my lodging has been long ago arranged. The downside, of course, is that she will be around during our vacation week. I think it will be okay though, overall, for a number of reasons: she doesn't get up until the afternoon, she won't want to be outside bc of her allergies, she can't do much walking or anything like that. I'm sure we will see them for dinners and maybe a bit here and there otherwise, besides the ceremony, but we will be able to do our own thing most of the time. She did ask if they could stay with us and I was like, uh.. no. But they are renting the place next to ours (we are splitting our stay b/tw Gatlinburg and PF) so we will be in proximity half the time.

The other good news is that my brother will be coming (I don't know for how long yet) and that will be wicked fun!

Okay, I've yapped enough. Toodles!
Closed Thread