Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1111   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-19, 11:16

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Dr. appt report:

Definitely a fracture. 4-6 weeks in a sling and keep moving elbow etc so it doesn't get stiff. I'm not to force movement if it hurts. I go back in 2 weeks for another set of xrays to see how it's healing and he'll give me some exercises to do. We'll also talk about Physical Therapy, if needed.

So...by Charleston, I'll be 5 weeks into wearing the sling, so maybe I'll be out of it by then. I may wear it on the plane...it gets me lots of help & sympathy!
Sponsored Links
  #1112   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-19, 19:28

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori! - Bummer- but at least you got an answer. Thankfully I did not hear surgery. YAY on that-

Did anyone else lost post on here the last couple days??????

To tired to go back and rewrite that book for the third time-

Tomorrow I have an early appt- but should be back home in afternoon- check in then-

Happy Valentines Day! I treated myself to a Lump Crab Cobb salad with shrimp as well- OMG-delish.

Have a great evening
  #1113   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-19, 20:13

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Happy V'day all!

Lori---This sounds like pretty decent news to me, all things considered. No surgery. Will heal on its own. AND, a time frame you can set your expectations to. For me, knowing some of these answers would help a lot.

So nice that by the time you get to Charleston you'll be well into the upswing. We're going to have ourselves some real fun---but we will keep our eyes on the sidewalks too. LOL, maybe we need an assigned sidewalk watcher?

I'm telling you Lori, one of my worst falls was on a lip in the sidewalk. Many years ago now, but it still tells me the weather is changing, lets me know it's an old injury that isn't quiet yet. Good news is, it could have been so much worse, and the discomfort I feel from it now and then even all these years later, is more useful as a weather barometer than it is at all painful. Just old scars.

Jaz---Hate that you lost two juicy posts, which means we lost them too. I can tell this new position is taking it out of you a bit, but such it is w/anything new. Still hoping this doesn't turn out as miserable as you thought it would be. Hoping that it sustains you till the next thing, and with some rewards.

Trig---Got a kick out of how V day is no biggy for you guys. Wish I was your kiddo w/all the no big deal stuff.

Nic---Sounds like things are settling down a bit for you from a week ago. They almost always do, but when you're in the thick of it you sometimes don't think it will work that way this time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man, I was so PO'd about going off plan last night. I was just getting to feeling lighter, ie, less bloat, and feeling that mojo rise. And y'know what? The food wasn't good enough to have given that up for. But I caved to my nerves and the moment.

And while I totally forgive myself (lot's of experience at that) It's not a bad thing to be angry w/myself. Tells me something I need to hear.

So, today I did just morning coffee and then lots of water till dinner awhile ago. Made myself a nice tuna salad sandwich on LC bread, w/jalapeno cream cheese. About 20 carbs for the day, and I dunno, but I'd say 6 to 700 calories. If I get hungry before bed, I can afford to have another half a sandwich.

Hubby left yesterday on a trip with his bro to see some pals in Phoenix, so I'm all on my own for V'day. It's OK. I'm cozy here w/the dogger. AND, very nice thing, I got three little V-day packages at my door here from pals in the bldg, and someone on our floor. Cookies, muffins and candies, LOL. Not eating them, just appreciating them. Since of course, hubby took full license with being gone for the holiday and not thinking ahead. Although he did call me today w/sweet words.

I don't really care. LOL, V day is fun as far as it goes, but it can be an occasion that intimidates the men and irritates the ladies. Ha.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Feb-14-19 at 21:58.
  #1114   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-19, 06:18

BF:

Good Morning!

Yes I had 2 long and juicy posts - poof- hate that! Sighhhhhh...... I am not going to try to back write them but got forward!

BLUE- - How long is hubby going to be gone? Have you ever been to Phoenix? I have heard its really pretty there! No green but pretty.
I get ya on caving on crap food that derails ya and in the end wasn't that good anyway. I have found there truly are very few foods that are really worthy of going off plan for. They never taste as good in "real life" as they do in our head. See I think thats the issue. Just like those commercials for sandwiches - they like huge- perfect and mouthwatering. If you were to go and really order one and open the bag- you get nothing that resembles what was advertised. It never tastes the way we THINK it should either!

No need to beat yourself up- just learn and move on! Nothing tastes as good as thin feels! We know this to be true!

LORI- - well at least you have a plan for your arm. It is not a forever thing. As much of a PIA as it is- it will heal! I am just glad you aren't having surgery. You yes should be on the mend come Charleston! - Well all need to stay upright!!!!!!!
Is your hubby helping you with stuff. Thankfully too you are not by yourself! You married ladies need to give your hubby props! Sometimes I think women take their guys for granted! Not saying you are- I am making a general statement! Thinking if I had a broken arm it would be so difficult in just little stuff. Laundry, dog walking, driving, carrying grocery, cooking, just difficult. Not impossible! So I am glad you have help!

Speaking of- are you resting or getting antsy? I know it most likely put a huge dent in your workout situation.

TRIG- How are you hanging in my friend! Had lump crab yesterday and thought about you. You and I seem to have the same taste buds!
I get ya on bigger and bigger portions. I really need to watch that too! I can pack it away in one meal. I am a big eater, but a choosy eater! I go for quality!!!! I am really there. I only want the very best for me and my body! It just FEELS GOOD!

How is your mom doing these days? How about PORKCHOPS mom? I think it is hard when we have parents that are aging! Sometimes it blows my mind my mom is the age she is! But I don't see me as 53 either!!!! That sounds old to ME!!! - Dang!

We just need to think about healthy and happy!!!!! BTW- all of our rosebud trees are in FULL bloom! - it's coming!

NIC- I wrote this full personal in the post that poofed. Anyway- it was about how cool that you and the foster mom are bonding to some degree. So you see the kids at daycare not in the home? I want to hear more about this in person. Just when I think I have a good handle on CASA- I have more questions. HAHAHAH- It will wait!
How was your valentines day? Did the hubby take you to dinner? I noticed yesterday while out driving that just about every NICE restaurant was PACKED!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------
I am adjusting to the new position. Although yesterday was a scary visit. It took me 2 hours to get there and 2.5 to get home. It was in the very worst housing
I have ever been in. I was in deep. The further in I drove glass littered the parking lots and streets, I did drive up and have a gang check me out. I saw "lookers" - it was something straight out of a gun and thug movie. It was dam scary.

When I got out of my car I made sure my stethoscope and badge was in FULL EYE VIEW. No jewelry, no purse. But I was really worried if my car would be in one piece.
So when I take to the patient- she stated her apt. get broken into "all the time"- but I have nothing anymore. She gave her beloved dog to her daughter because someone tried to steal it. Yeah..... Just another day.

I called a friend when I pulled up because I was scared to get out of my car. The dudes were sitting on the steps right in front of my car looking me and my car over. I am sure they thought I was a cop, or from the state- but one thing was really clear- I was not WELCOME.
I was really happy to get home! I was to tired to get on line last night. This is the area my company has picked for me to go. I was told to take it or leave. -

Yesterday I did stop and pick up a crab and shrimp salad! Delish. It was my only meal of the day. I am also having to adjust my fluids if I am out and about. Yesterday I drank nothing most of the day- I didn't want to have to stop and pee ANYWHERE. So I just didn't drink anything!
I did however stop at a light- right in front of the football stadium! I had not seen it in person yet- it is in the heart of downtown! navigating downtown Atlanta is also a challenge for me. I am a suburb gal and do not know my way around. I found myself accidentally getting on a ramp to the highway! NO..... So I waited and backed up enough (yea I know) - until I could cut over back onto the road I needed. Unless you are know the area- streets become on ramps with no notice. It is very stressful. And cars are up your tailpipe.

I knocked down 2 glasses of wine the minute I walked in the door last night and collapsed in front of my fireplace!

2 visits - in a similar area this morning. I hope though to be home earlier than yesterday! Plus I have paperwork to get into the system still from yesterday.

Looking forward to a vacay- I am turning off my phone and just going to CHILL!
Gotta run!

Have a great day- I will ABSOLUTELY be on plan today! It FEELS great to be on plan!
  #1115   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-19, 07:21

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh Jaz.....I hate that you have to go to such a rough part of the city. I admire you.....I simply could not do it. I am very uncomfortable in that type of situation. Big Sissy here. Hope today's visits are better.

I have days when I'm happy to just sit and then there are times when I get antsy. The Dr. said I could do some walking, so if the weather ever gets nice, I'll do that. As Blue mentioned before...I can also do an exercise bike if I can get on and off without hurting myself!

My golfing friends want to go out for lunch tomorrow, so I'll be driving for the first time. It is only a short distance and I have a good right arm, so I'll be fine. The hardest part will be getting dressed! Thank goodness for pull on pants! I'm already thinking about what clothes I'll bring to Charleston. I don't want to over pack, so have to think on it. Hopefully I'll be able to dress more easily by then.

Yes, I am very glad that no surgery is required. When I think how hard I fell....I never saw the step until I was airborne. I really flew. I'm sure it was quite comical to see.

Nothing much happening today. I'll have to think of something to make for DH for dinner. He got himself a sub sandwich last night while I ate my birthday dinner leftovers. He's been a real trooper thru this. There are some things that I wish he would see need done without me prompting him, but he's a man after all.

Have a good Friday!
  #1116   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-19, 08:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori getting dressed with a bad wing is super hard...I so get that LOL when I broke the ribs I could raise up to put a t-shirt over my head....everything I wore was button down shirts for a very very long time. Heal up fast girl, March 14 is coming fast.

Jaz, just take your time, do your job, collect that paycheck and relax. Like ya said, put the medical stuff out in front, let everyone know you are helping someone medically. It sways the mind knowing you are helping someone with med troubles when 'other's see ya' and think about doing something to ya Smart to down the wine, I would also. You just need time to know your next move....relax and take that time to know that move that will help ya in your career vs. what will kill ya if you walk away fast.

so get ya on older parents. mom is turning 91 on March 16 and Tony's mom will be 79 I think in May. My mom is super duper way healthier and doing great vs. his mom...who knows in a way but her being diabetic and eating sugar all day and insulin is killing her now literally. My mom is just chugging along LOL
It is what it is I guess

Blue you are on your own. Girl I know you are loving this alone time. Alone time is a required thing in life from your partner every now and then. Heck I can't get rid of PorkChop enough these days HAHA

ok ya'll are ya ready for this! Long post coming. I went insane literally HAHA

Hog wilder at its worst here.

I came home from moms. All good on that, hubby working on barn roof. He needed help. I was hungry, miserable knowing like 7b days of f'ing rain is coming in on us (even the weather people are upset over it on the tv LOL) and he needs help. Down I go....up on the ladder very high, he on another, while I hold 2X6 posts up at arms length above my head while he nails it all into the roofline. omg guys. I have no power left for crap like this. I never had good arm power, now I know I DON'T have any more left in me after all the yrs of hard work on the farm. I am mush now. So the PorkChop is taking is slow azz time as usual and I am telling him to just put a damn nail into it so I don't have to worry and get this act moving along but NOOOOoooo…..so I did the hard work I had to do and misty rain was coming so we eventually called it done for now. A lot more to handle on the roof, tin to go up, like 10 rafter 1X4s to nail up before tin etc....yea not a small job at all, everything is rotten up there. ugh. 30 yrs will do that to wood

So I come in while he is putting everything up.

I make raspberry sf punch crap and slam it with rum. knocked down 3 big ones fast. very fast. I started to get my anxiety on weather, cabin fever, money things and -----you all know this---when it ALL hits ya at one time. The rum drinks did not help me at all LOL again, you know where this is going now....

what to eat? nothing? small amt of shrimp? maybe a slim jim to hold me...………...the BIG F IT came out in FULL force.

I went around the kitchen and pantry and freezer and more eating everything I could get my hands on. Literally.

But the kicker to this whole thing...…….I had nothing I liked or loved from before.

I ate 'their' crap they like and I can kinda sometimes like and mostly hate.

Yea, I spent my hog wilder on crap food point blank.

Handful cheddar popcorn. omg junk
then to 3 rice crispy treats from kids pantry....yea they sucked but I could eat those
2 packs....of little 2 pack oreo cookes. yuk
2 slim jims
Hit freezer and stuck in oven...those nasty breaded shrimp things they like...put the WHOLE pack in and ate them up when they were done. OMG my tummy on that one.
And then, I hit handful of BBQ chips. OMG I hate those to the max but I didn't have anything I like. I avoided a ton of snacks I despise but almost at those also.

but I did grab more crap...handful skittles...omg yuk....handful of sun chips I despise, handful of Funonions….I mean what the hell are those nasty things but I ate a few again LOL It was horrible not finding MY snacks in this house I wanted so bad. But in a good way I am glad my stuff WAS NOT here to 'enjoy'....I am glad this was a 'bad experience' and not a taste changer back to things I love and adore.

and after this grazing thru the house I was still starving.

Then I thought....my gut hurts...I feel horrible...what CAN I eat that won't kill me LOL

I had tuna and mayo on toasted cheese melba toast (diet food ya know for me in the old days)

So I then went off and watched tv for a while scrolling thru the insanity of that crap of Netflix, Prime and all my free channels and NOT one show cause my eye at all...…...so my mind went to food.

I fried up 2 Cajun pork chops...could only eat one.

I then hit hubby's stash of candy. A few choc covered almonds and a few of his choc covered cherries

at this point...my gut was in very bad mode.
I just wanted to stick my finger down my throat and puke it all up but I didn't cause I started going into guilt, misery, pity mode for myself.

I think I had some kind of breakdown yesterday and my drinks put me over the top LOL

I am fine today. You know, back in that zone of, well ya did it, who cares at this point and my gut this morning is just horrible.
So no drinking like that again which I think made me slide straight into all this but my anxiety was wired up SO high I had to let loose in some fashion but it was ALL out of control.

but I know one thing, hell I could have done worse shit in my life yesterday then have a hog wilder Losing one's mind can mean many bad things, if I put on more fat, well I hurt myself and not others I guess??

it is what it is

today is a new day and I have to just go with those stupid sayings that makes one want to somehow better themselves for the new day coming.

I think my mind is literally diet abused in some way. I can't get a grip on it all on how to live life in the zone and yet make it all work. I have to find my way fast now and hit into a plan that works long term....who in the hell has found that? Anyone? Any takers on that? Heeeheee……

well it felt wonderful to chat it out
to let it go
let it fly off the mind but my body is so sick and bloated and icky that I do remember physically why I eat the zero carb way I do.

days and days to unload this bad I did.
but days will go as they always do so best I can do is the best I can on this new day

sorry for the long crazy rant. winter and anxiety and more does this to me every now and then

great day all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Fri, Feb-15-19 at 08:50.
  #1117   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-19, 19:19

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi my gal Fridays.

Trigger---OMG honey, I so FELT your post. But boyo, it's been forever since you had a hog wilder. Not to congratulate you on it, haha, but I'd say, about time. I think we all know what hit you, we've all been there. It's that banana peel thing, that "what the heck" thing, and once you feel lift off, there's no where to go but down.

But you know and I know that one hog wilder isn't going to matter a fig. In fact in a way, I kind of think it's a good thing now and then. Shakes things up with the body, confuses it. If it thought it was in starvation mode, or at least refuses to drop another pound as it thinks it needs every calorie it gets---NOPE, surprise!

Oh man, I cannot believe what you and the pork chop are doing on the roof of a barn! OK, here comes the mom in me, you be careful! Well, duh, but we all know, Lori is the latest to know it, how quick it can happen. Would it be worth it to hire a couple of guys to help?

Jaz---Wow, sounds like some really sketchy neighborhoods they're sending you into. I feel so bad for the people who have to live there and have no control of those who do the crimes.

Will say you handled it so well. Found a way to signal you were a nurse on a mission. Takes a real so and so to threaten that. Also, I've read that it's all about how you "hold yourself" in a situation like that. If you don't look easy you don't get chosen.

Yep, this is going to be a challenge for you, but I'm hoping you WILL feel the rewards of helping those who need you. And they really DO need you. W/out the bad neighborhood, both my dad and mom so needed their home health visits in their later years, and both were so appreciative of their care givers. In fact, at both their funerals, several of their care givers showed up. Which just warmed my heart because it told me how much they liked my parents, and how well my parents had treated them.

Lori---I could see what a trooper your hubby is just by the pix you sent from the hospital in Key West. Marriage is good when you have that kind of friendship and mutual care. If you're not getting that, I'd rather be by myself.

Do you feel a bit relieved to know there'll be no surgery, and to be able to look ahead and see when you'll be able to be mobile again? I know it probably feels like forever now in the dead of winter, but one thing's for sure, time really does fly.

Hey, do you have a decent sized mall anywhere near where you could walk, even fast walk, do some laps around. That might me another way to get your exercise in until you heal.

And, LOL, I say yay for pull up pants under any circumstances. Some of today's leggings and capris are great that way. What causes mushroom top other than extra pounds? Zippers and snaps and waists that don't give!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hubby still gone. Won't be back till Monday. But I've planned enough things to get out and about and not feel cooped up here alone. Had a lovely lunch out w/a pal from the bldg. today---broiled walleye and a skewer of grilled vegetables. It was yummy.

Tomorrow meeting a pal from the old neighborhood for a happy hour at one of our fave places, cheap and home early. Then on Sunday my BFF is coming late afternoon for a sleep over! Just we two girly girls and a cocktail or two, dinner, and then a movie in our jammies. That will not be an on plan night so really trying to hold tight on plan till then. So far so good since blowing it a few nights ago.

(Hey Trig, since you did true confessions, so will I. Not only did I eat off plan out the other night, but I came home and demolished a half bag of Cheetos---puffs, never crunchy Haha. I've been an orange fingered Cheeto lover since I was a kid, and hubby loves them too and brings them home. Boy, nothing could stop me from diving into that bag. Was blue and what the hecky as hell.)

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Feb-15-19 at 21:09.
  #1118   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-19, 04:53

BF:

LOL Blue, I wish I had a bad of puffy Cheetos in the house, I would have devoured them but no one else likes them but me

I tell ya girl I went insane on food but there was just their junk in the house, I am glad of it tho, made me eat less actually....if my good stuff was in the house, holyb cow it would have been a massacre of epic scale LOL

well this morning I am tired. didn't sleep great last night.
gut troubles like crazy right now.
tummy is like a hot air balloon all bloated up.
bathroom issues I think will surface from this one LOL

I am fine tho. I mean I can only laugh about it all. Past is past, moving forward now.

Today is water and broth. I got to feel better physically. I am way horrible right now but it is what it is and I know I can clean it out of me sooner than later if I just do the right thing.

raining like crazy outside. days and days of rain on us. thankfully no ice from this, night temps are in the 40s so that helps us here a lot.

bored already. Up at 5:30. Thinking about a hike trip but that ain't gonna happen.

not sure what is doing here today, probably nothing, we shall see.

chat up later ya'll
  #1119   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-19, 06:20

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig.....hope your day of broth & water makes you feel better. I so relate to all you're going thru. As you said, nothing to do but laugh and move on. Sh!t happens!

As for me, I've been a bit off the rails too. This injury has me just not giving a big fat fig about much. Yesterday I had DH bring me some Mac & Cheese from a local restaurant. It is so freakin' good. I just wanted comfort food. I didn't eat a lot of it, and I enjoyed every bite. Done. I have some left and I will finish it up today and it will be over. I'm going out to lunch with my friends today, but will try to make it a good low carb meal. I will be having a lite beer....that is a for sure thing.

Yesterday I found a website with some exercises to do based on my exact injury. It outlines which ones to do depending how many weeks out from injury you are. There are about 4 that they recommend doing right away. There is one that I simply cannot do.....too much pain. I'm supposed to do them 4-5 times a day. I am so determined to get over this.

It also just dawned on me that there is an indoor track at my gym! Why did I not remember that? I will start walking that next week. I just have to do it early in the day before Pickleball or basketball players show up as the track goes around the outside of those courts and it's not nice to walk when they are hitting balls around. I've spent too much time wallowing in my depression about this whole thing. Time to pull up my big girl panties and get on with it!

Blue.....I sure am relieved that I don't have to have any surgery. I was afraid that there would be muscle damage that needed repaired. Whew on that one!

Your girlfriend sleepover sounds like so much fun! Good for the soul.

Oh...and I can be an orange fingered Cheeto girl in a heartbeat too. I like the crunchy ones. It's been a long time since I've had them, but once I get started...stand back! The last time I indulged, I bought a small bag at the checkout counter and ate them in the car!

Jaz...hope you have time to decompress this weekend. You've had a hard week. Hang in there.

Nic....have you been out hiking again? I loved your videos the other day. Looks like a great place to spend some time.

Ok....going to enjoy my coffee and then hit the shower in a bit. It takes me a lot longer to get ready these days. Meeting my friends at 12:30. It'll be my first time driving..so glad I have my good right arm!

Later!
  #1120   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-19, 07:27

BF:

Good Saturday Morning gals!

TRIG- OH girl!!!!! Blue is right, WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE AND THEN SOME!!!- that is why we are here. I actually named mine the binge monster. I fight to keep that monster at bay. It's VERY true- that there is no such thing as MODERATION for people that have a binge monster. Not everyone has one- I sure as hello do! I have done huge "damage"- and it does take a few days of recovery. But like you said- it a GREAT thing you feel ill. I would be stunned if you DIDN'T. Because your body is not used to that jolt!
And well maybe you did NEED that- and it over and done. NEW DAY!
But sometimes I think I would rather have a huge body SHOCK than carb creep. Carb creep is way more insidious than what you did. Yes I know you let the monster out for a evening- boom done. Crab creep- no that is the sneaky lilt voice you barely hear that says- oh come on a taste here a bit there. Then it become a side dish here and there, and a snack here and there and the next thing you know- WHOA- 10, 15, 20 pounds up. It is way more dangerous than a single night with gut pain.
Yea ya might have "issues"- but even that is the body's way of self cleaning!
So I think the bigger issue is the weather anxiety. It really is no joke. SAD is a very real thing. My son suffers from it too, mildly. I get down after day after day after day of rain and gray skies. But, I think yours is more than just a passing day of rainy days and Mondays so to speak.
The good news SPRING really is around the corner. I am very hopeful that when we all descend on Charleston it will be warm and we will have sunshine! MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED. Then you can look at winter in the rearview.
Then you will have another year to figure out how you want to handle the next winter. I do think that seriously thinking about where you want to be in 5-6 years when the kiddo goes to collage might be a positive thing. Time will really go fast. So start PREPPING now. Where DO YOU WANT TO GO? Maybe take a few months and RV travel? You have a ton of options open! You are young and in great shape to think about that next chapter that will be here before you know it.

Heed Blue's advice she gave you a while back. If you are thinking about selling the farm- start now by fixing up the things it will take to sell it rather than wait until the final hour. A little here a little there. I think that too, will be a very real visible reminder that you are not stuck! Just something to mull around.
YOU GOT THIS- BACK on the LC train!

BLUE- - ok and here I am going to start your section by commenting on FOOD!!!!- But holy moly WALLEYE! I am not kidding it is my very favorite fish ever! Second would be fresh grouper. word is FRESH! There is something so delicate and satisfying about walleye. It melts like butter! So good. I have fish envy! I would never get tired of eating it. Fried, baked, broiled, poached, anyway. I like it though the way I had it there- I think it was broiled? and had some butter sauce on it. It really was Devine!
I love you are mingling and getting out and about, even with the hubby away.
You are one of the most social people I have met! Well my daughter is alot like you. She too never met a stranger. Much to my dismay she will talk to any and everyone! You are at least street smart!!! I can't see someone pulling a fast one on you.
I know you are getting hammered with winter still. We are getting hammered with day after day with rain. However the tree are starting to bloom!

LORI- We can help ya dress!!! HAHAHAH. I know it is frustrating! But I am glad you are seriously going to be OK!
I am thinking about clothes for the trip as well. For me it's going to be two different places and spaces! I am doing 3 days of beach- then 3 days of Charleston, and then 2 days of driving- 1 day getting, one day going home. It will be a 5-6 hour drive assuming no traffic issues.
When is your flight? NIC is putting together a phone list for us!

NIC- Speaking of- how are you doing? You are either really busy or really just coasting doing your thing! Either way- HOPE you are well!
---------------------------------------------------------
So yesterday I fasted but not intentionally. But hey I will take it! I had a visit yesterday. The trip was 1.5 each way, again through downtown Atlanta. Sighhhhhhhh. The patient however lives in a really nice senior housing high-rise. It was in a dumpy neighborhood, but the high-rise was in a gated community. It was surprising clean, neat, extremely well maintained. I was impressed! I could see me in some place like that when I am a senior- (5years from now!!!! ) HAHAHAHAH! No but really, it was nice. Plus the lady I was seeing stated she knew most of the people on her floor, and everyone checks on everyone. Great support.

Anyway- so I got back home and had a couple hours of paperwork to put into my computer to finish their records. Anyway- I looked at the clock and it was 5:30- and I had not yet eaten. I have not shopped either- so my kitchen is BARE!!!!!- not even a can of tuna- ZIP.
So I decided I wanted to check out the new restaurant Firebirds. I went there when I was in Minnesota and it was GREAT! So they opened one here about 10 miles from me. So I decided I also wanted a few drinks- what the hello- so I called Urber, put on some heels and out the door.
All intentions was to grab a light dinner and a few drinks and back home. Well.......... see where this is headed?
Sooooooooooo....... the place is packed, with a 2 hour wait unless I wanted to grab the last seat at the bar- which I did. Anyway, I got caught up in conversation with the guy on my right. He sweetly bought me 2 glasses of wine. Then I ask for a menu- I ordered steak medallion bites. So out they came CHARRED! I sent them back- I didn't even attempt to bite into them.
So I ordered "buffalo" cauliflower bites. Out it comes. It was horrible too. I took one bite of the soggy, dripping in a HONEY sauce and sent it back and said F it- I will go across the street to the Highland grill and get a steak.
So I told the dude sitting next to me I was leaving to go get a steak- so he said he wanted one too. It was across the parking lot actually. So we walked over- again, packed! So back to the bar area. He bought me another glass of wine while I watched him down his 6th shot of whisky. Anyway by this time it was going on 830- 900. I wasn't hungry anymore. Anyway, we chatted it up a bit more. The more he drank and talked the more obnoxious he got. He got on this soapbox about people with money. He really has a distain for people who have money and are white. (He is a mix) could pass for either. It didn't matter to me- I don't see color. He was interesting at first. I look at the clock and thanked him for the wine and was hitting my uber button. He offered to take me home. After watching him down now 7 shots (one for the road) I declined and said he might want to consider Uber. He got sorta mad and left- ya well.
So at the end of the day- no food, 3 glasses of wine (spread out over 5 hours)- I was hungry when I got home at 11:00- so I just went to bed.

So long story to say I FASTED!!!!! HAHAHAH- Ya can't make it up.

Got to get dressed and I am off to head to Greenville. Will spend most of the day there then head back this evening! - Dang I hope I can avoid the rain drops on the drive! Hate trucks that splash rain on the windshield. Hope to tuck into a dry pocket.

More later-
Have a great Saturday
  #1121   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-19, 20:46

BF:

Were TRIG and and I the only ones to post today or was the site mess-up again?????
  #1122   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-19, 04:49

BF:

Good Morning!

Hope I'm not invisible....I did a nice long post yesterday morning!

Jaz....looks like you had a nice visit with the Grands yesterday. Hope the drive wasn't too bad.

Trig...how is your weather? Hope the rain etc has moved out.

It was chilly here yesterday, but the sun was lovely. I had no problem driving one-handed, so I did some errands and then went out for lunch with my friends. We had a nice time and it felt good to be out in the world again. We're supposed to get some snow this afternoon/evening.....I'm SO over it! Tomorrow I have a dentist appt. and then thought I'd stop at the gym and walk around the track a bit. Have to start somewhere. I've also come up with a long grocery list, so have to go gather that stuff up. That will be enough for the day.

Blue.....tonight is your BF sleepover! You'll have such a nice time. Enjoy.

Nothing going on with me today. I'm feeling better every day....I'm so relieved. When you're injured, you go thru periods where you feel like you'll never feel better again. Depressing. I have to remember to do my arm exercises several times today. I really think they are helping, even though they are quite simple, small movements. One step at a time.

Have a lovely Sunday.
  #1123   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-19, 08:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- really glad you are feeling better and seeing the light again. I know exactly what you mean when it seems like things will never improve. Getting out and being independent again surely helped that along!

Trig- Like everyone else has said, we have been there and done that. Honestly, I can go for days doing that, less so in amounts but over a longer period of time. In fact, I'm plum off the wagon at the moment, yet again, but I know I'll be up and on again. And so it goes. We pick up and carry on. Hugs to you!

Jaz- you are my polar opposite! I would totally go to a restaurant but I would be a table, with a book or magazine, and giving people the evil eye if they tried to talk to me! Glad you got to see the Grands- that pic of the little spitfire Ava was too cute! Hugs on your rough commute and the ups and downs of the new position. You got this!

Blue- Your social time sounds great and I know you are enjoying yourself immensely. Good for you. I tell you, I think this move has been nothing but good for you. Change is hard but I think you are smelling like a rose on the other end of it all!

•••••

Sorry I fell by the wayside, you guys. The beauty and downfall of my brain is the ability to hyper focus and once I go down that trail nothing else captures my attention until I come up for air a few days later.

Things have been good here- a bit of walking, a lot of reading, doing CASA stuff. I did get some bad news on Friday that was confirmed on Saturday.. my "old" CASA baby's (who is 3.5 years old now!) Dad died yesterday. He was on life support from a drug overdose. While not surprising, it is still sad.. sad that he was never able to shake the addiction and now will never be able to. Sad that this little one will grow up without a father. Sad that the healing and reconciliation will never happen. Fingers firmly crossed that her Mom will be able to stay clean (she is just coming out of a treatment program, having done well, just got a job etc) and won't relapse, either now or in the future.

That being said, this 'old' CASA baby is doing so well! Talking well, active, curious, sassy, opinionated and smart! She is very very blessed with her Great Grandparents and all they do for her. It was amazingly great to see her again- so completely gratifying to see how well she is doing.

"New" CASA babies are also doing pretty well- the two year old is adjusting well to her day care (which is a pretty sucky daycare, but what can you do, it is what it is) and there are no tears any more. She seems pretty happy there and the routine and socialization is good for her. The 8 month old is his calm, happy self but spit up on me big time when I was there on Thursday. From my neck to my pants! I had to go home and change bc I had a meeting to go to and I was STINKY!!

That's about it here. Coming up for air from my 'focus trail' where anything and everything goes by the wayside from food to everything else. It is just a fact of my life- if something captures my interest enough I just fall right down the hole. Back now though!

Winter weather expected again this week around Wednesday. Sigh. No school for DS17 tomorrow so we are doing a college visit in the afternoon.
  #1124   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-19, 08:35

BF:

I am down the hole now also Nicco I so get ya on that.
Glad you are doing well but sad about the report on the CASA baby's family.

Lori, oh yes I know that depressing feeling of you ain't gonna be right for a very long time. Any injury makes me go insane fast. Off the usual routine puts me big time out of sorts. When the ribs broke, omg I was a maniac depressed weirdo for a long time LOL I hope tho you heal up fast and in good shape.

so I am in a lost zone right now.
just in that funk.
I think I am gonna look up a campground in, like Georgia, for next weekend. take kid out of school for a longer weekend, go to GA and if weather permits, do something other than sit here and go literally bonkers in my mind. My mind is a terrible place, they say a mind is a terrible thing to waste...on drugs...well on my food ventures in my mind, omg I am a train wreck.

working on pulling me out of this somehow ugh

chat up later K
  #1125   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-19, 11:04

BF:

Sunday!

Lori- I did see your post yesterday! HARDLY Invisible - I was looking and got my dates mixed up! It just seems when one of us or two of us don't post something is missing! Yes you did post!
I actually was thinking of your post yesterday when I was at my daughters. She was saying that she found a You tube video for for a work out that is for new mom's and the tummy. Anyway it made me thing of what you said you found as well.
You know you can find ANYTHING on You Tube! -
How is the arm feeling? What are you thinking of bringing to wear in Charleston? You are flying too! I always either bring too much or not enough.
Glad at least you can drive. What arm is affected. I am left handed and can do NOTHING with my right hand!

BLUE- so the hubby away, the gals will play huh? Nothing like a fun sleep over with a gal pal. You can play in pajamas, drink wine and watch Chick flicks until your eyeballs pop! Good for you!
Did you make dinner for your gal friend?
Do you serve her breakfast?
When does the hubby get back? Everything else going well?

Trig- Hope your broth day went well! Hope you are also feeling better. It sometimes takes a few days to get back to square. At least it does for me!
We had a break in the weather yesterday- but now we both have rain predicated everyday all week long.
I know that you dislike Malls- but do you still have that gym membership? With all this rain it MIGHT lift your spirits to get out and get in a treadmill walk. Staying in the house day in and day out with gray skies can get to anyone!!!!

Nic- Hope your Weekend is going wonderful!!!
------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday we had a SHORT pause in the rain. Long enough for me to get to Greenville and back. Had a GREAT visit with the kids. I always do. That little Noah! He is learning to read- and speaks in full sentences. When he doesn't understand something he leans forward and says "PARDON"????? Then I reword it and he GETS IT!
Smart boy!
And the baby is babbling now. Points and wants. She is going to be in the peg weaning program the same time we are in Charleston! I am super happy she got in! She has yet to put anything in her mouth. She has an aversion to anything on her tongue- and promptly gags and throws up. She was on a vent so long- she associates mouth with breathing tube. I don't care what anybody says she remembers.
My daughter says that she screams and SHAKES when she goes for check ups. SAD- I seriously hope that doesn't stick.
I am going back in a couple weeks for a picnic at Lake Hartwell- we are meeting in the middle- hope the weather is nice! They want to picnic and hike and invited me! I will try not to be a wuss and think of SNAKES!!!! HAHAHAH.

Did I mention I met a guy on Friday? Seriously! On the JOB! Sorta- OK, you know there is always a story! Settle in-
So I had finished seeing my patient in SW Atlanta. Had an hour drive home and I have been passing the Varsity for the last 4-5 trips into Atlanta. The Varsity is a local LANDMARK. It is a MUST go to in Atlanta. A true Hamburger joint that has been around since the 40's. It is a drive in in the sense that you pull into a "spot" and there is a hanging menu and they roller skate to your car and take your order. That type of place. They hook the trays to your window unless you are going out- they also have a dine in section if you want that too. So now you get the picture of the Varsity.

So I thought to myself one day I will get a burger no bun to see what all the hype is about. So Friday I pulled into the lot. This guy with a 4 foot hat and Checkered outfit comes up to take my order. I was so taken with his fun outfit I asked if I could take picture! He said that Tourists do all day long. So I am taking his picture when I noticed a white work truck parked in front and to the left of my car parked and a very handsome guy laughing at me taking pictures.

I gave my order- hot dog, no bun chili sauce- onions- to go. So the dude with the 4 foot hat disappears and the blond guy is still grinning at me. My window is still down- as was his. Then he strikes up a conversation. "so you aren't from here are you?" - I wanted to stammer the guy was so dam cute. Well...... I say back- not originally, but I now live in Duluth but I work downtown now.

No kidding he says. I live in Duluth as well and work down here too! How long have you been in Duluth?- So I play the I just moved here play.
Oh he says- then you might need a tour guide.......... Absolutely!!!!
So he gets outta his truck- OMG. Still grinning, rugged yet classy, full head of blond hair and oh lala........ his eyes with a few laugh lines. Perfect build, but that smile!
So he gives me his business card - I gave him mine. Enjoy your burger I say- and wink as I pull out.

No take in mind- I was not dressed up! I had on NO jewelry, little makeup, Side pony tail, and grubby clothes. I wanted nothing about me to stand out in the field. No dress, no heels, just a work shirts and brown pants and tennis shoes.

I got a text from him yesterday- I didn't see it until this morning.Trust me I have responded!
He said "Hey cutie from the Varsity- wondering how you are navagating Duluth?"
OMG- I wrote back " Hello there!!!!!!- I sure could have used a tour guide last night! But didn't get your text until this morning!" How is your weekend going?

Now it's his turn. I explained I didn't blow him off- it was on my work phone and I MISSED IT!!!!! Cutie huh- no make-up? he saw me AS IS!!!!!!- not the made up photo on a website. because when he came over to the care to had me his card- he checked me out in the car.
Ok- so even if Blond guy and I don't get it together - Trust me I will see that we at least meet for coffee or a glass of wine and at least get a chat in and then decide. But man- he took my breath away. Been a LONG time since that has happened. It was that slap happy grin.
Anyway- all that for a change meeting that was so random. Hopefully there will be more to the story! He looks to be my age as well- give or take a year either way. His face it's hard to tell! He is not young- I would say 50's. Perfect............ Ok JAZ REEL IT IN...........yeaaaaaaahhhhhhh......... Can't hurt to daydream right?

Going to pottery this afternoon for a few hours and then do some light cleaning for the week. I have a plumber coming Wed. To fix a drip. I am still covered under the warranty - I am going to take advantage of it before it expires.

Bought a rotisserie last night. So I gutted the rest of it- tossed the rest into the small crock pot with a bag of frozen veggies and a box of broth and boom- chicken veggie soup. Not alot of veggies. Mostly broth. Very low Carb/Calories- perfect soup day!

41 degrees and raining here. bone chilling and gross- perfect for a hot bowl of soup when I get home from pottery!

Have a wonderful day
Closed Thread