Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1816   ^
Old Tue, Oct-13-20, 02:24

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori hope you found something good for you and DH to eat

back home by 7:15! Now that is my kind of Dr appt!! You got that covered swiftly!~

Nicco....a sucky day. Oh yea, sometimes it is best to just forget them and don't pay them no mind. I feel ya on that!!!

Jaz, yea over the babysitting HAHA I definitely you on that! I know at some point you know you have to move forward into 'your next life' ya know which is the new job and a new location. It seems like you are in that zone of 'needing a life' to focus on and you will find yourself a good position I am sure!!

So it is 4AM. I fell asleep around 9 watching tv and hubby got home at 11 from his drive job and woke me, killed tv and went to bed, now at 4 I am wide eyed and bushy tailed LOL Gonna be a long darn day.

So foggy out. Pea soup.

No clue what to do today. Few chores, yea, other than that, getting monster bored here.

Kid got some Halloween thing with her friends about going to some spooky place being planned so waiting to know what day they are doing that.....then I can book up a few days at a campground not to far away just to get the hell out of here and a change of scenery.

so today will be do whatever type day. just see where it takes me....hell by 11 I will probably need a nap, it is so early and I am so bored right now!

over and out and be good everyone
Sponsored Links
  #1817   ^
Old Tue, Oct-13-20, 05:06

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Boring day here too. Still raining, so of course, golf cancelled. Rained all day yesterday. We sure needed the rain, but I'm not enjoying this damp feeling.

Gabby got me up to go out at 2AM, so I thought I'd sleep in this morning. Yea....not so much. DH got up around 6 and let her in and fed her, but she had no rest until I got up. She came up to the bedroom and pranced around and made little grunting sounds until I got up. Now she's on her perch sleeping. Brat!

Nic...sorry for your sucky day yesterday. Hope today is much better. Sure did enjoy those pics you shared. What an exciting time for the family.

Trig...you're going to have a long day since you were up so early. Been there, done that, many times. Get a nap girl!

Jaz.....I don't blame you about the babysitting. Kids are great and all, but you can't lose yourself......you've got a life to get on with, right? Hope your DD can understand how you feel.
-------
I had a good workout with the trainer yesterday. Lots of stretching of the hamstring and quads and then some core & upper body work along with some step-ups onto a box for working the legs. That motion doesn't hurt the hammie and is good for leg strength. I'll see him again on Wednesday.

Went from the trainer to the grocery store to get that over with. So much fun putting groceries in the car when it's raining...NOT! I got a pork tenderloin with a BBQ rub on it to try, along with a couple tenderloin steaks on sale. Also some chicken breasts to have in the freezer. I cut the pork in half and it will make 2 nice meals for us. I don't usually buy meat at the grocery store, but thought I'd give it a try. I'm going to look into a meat only subscription box. I have used Butcher Box in the past and looked into restarting it, but couldn't figure out how to change my selections. I wanted to make it more beef, but couldn't seem to get it to change. I'll spend some time today figuring something out.

Hope everyone has a good day!
  #1818   ^
Old Tue, Oct-13-20, 06:58

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning from soggy SC s well- Muggy and like Trig said PEA SOUP- fog, damp, humid, all those words!

Trig- up at 4????? Urghhhhhh Do you nap during the day?
Kinda nice the kiddo is making plans for some fun. I feel for these kids this year. Sorta sucks for them!

Not much doing here either!!!

Lori- I have never tried the Butcher Box but NIC is using it right now! I sorta stocked up on my meat/fish run several weeks back!

Yup you are getting the rain we had. It just leaves everything in a puddle.

Glad you had a great time with your trainer! Sounds like money well spent!
What is happening for you this week?

Nic- waiting for check in
--------------------------------------------
yea over the Nanny/babysitting gig- not for me. Love them dearly but been there done that!!!!
As someone "Led Zeppelin" sang- "It's time to travel on".........

I will be working on the job hunt a little more diligently today. Yup- it's time.

On another healthcare note right before I got on here I of course was scooping the news and now the CDC is confirming that the next round of Covid is afoot. People confirmed are getting it for the second time, and it is WORSE the next round for those that get it!
Down right frightening. I was reading about this 25 year who might not make it second round after beating it the first time and fully recovering.
OMG this nightmare with this virus will not go away. I sure hope "they" can come up with a cure that is SAFE and EFFECTIVE!!!! Two key words there.

It looks like the sun might peek out today. I took a nice walk yesterday and came back and iced my foot. It feet great- the ice!

Steak is thawed for today. 3nd day for steak. I might hold them in favor of crab cakes and have those tomorrow.

ok off to browse. Will see the kids this afternoon for a short while between nap time and soccer. They are on a pretty strict schedule- something else that doesn't fit my lifestyle right now.

WOE- I am down 1/2 and feel really good about my eating!
Back later!!!!

Make today great!
  #1819   ^
Old Tue, Oct-13-20, 10:18

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Totally not surprised that you hit that point with the whirlwind kid week you had. I think spacing it out a bit will be better for all of you. I know there are grandparents who keep their GKs daily and I told my kids NO WAY would I be doing that. I've parented, thank you! I want to be involved to play and spoil but in measured doses, please!

Yay for a half pound down! And yeah, with all the great meat and seafood you got from Costco you should be good for a long time!

Trig- Ugh, so you did not go back to sleep after he got home and woke you up? That will indeed be a long day! I feel like I am awake nightly or lightly dozing between around 2:30-5 AM or so, but then I sleep until about 7:30-8 AM.

Glad that your DD is getting to go out and do something. So nice to get to be normal!

Lori- So Gabby wakes you and then goes to sleep! Sounds like a baby!

Glad your trainer is working well for you in your trouble spots. I think I am going to make an appointment with the chiropractor today. My back is better but still unsettled. (ok, motivated myself- going in at 3:30.)

••••••••

So update from my end-

Engagement went really well. The happy couple was busy all weekend with celebrations with her family and stopping by to see us as well. Poor Emily had to drive back 7 hours, leaving at 3 PM on Sunday. I felt so badly for her!

Monday morning at 9:30 AM I got a call from my CASA supervisor. The grandfather of the Bio Mom (from funeral Thursday) tested positive for C19. At first I was like, oh, no big deal, I was SUPER CAREFUL - literally sat in a pew wing completely alone bc I was paranoid about being an enclosed place with others, even though people were masked. And then it hit me, that when the foster mom saw me (we hadn't seen each other since March) she burst into tears and I hugged her. Less than a minute but longer than a quick embrace. And she'd been at the visitation the day before, with the grandfather, for hours. So, I had to call my client and tell them about it, and I have Telehealth appt today and will get tested today too. Work canceled now this week.

What was so upsetting about it, besides the fact that I am missing work AGAIN, is that I feel like there was no good solution- either way is such a loss of humanity, you know? See someone crying in grief and stand there and look at them, and do nothing? No. Hug someone and put yourself at risk and mess up your work schedule. Not good either.

Of course, at the time honestly none of that went through my head anyway. I saw her crying and hurting, and I did what I do. I don't regret that. But I DO regret that I have to second guess that decision and all that entails.

I was definitely dealing with the sads and woe-is-me's yesterday. Lack of travel etc. too. It just sucks.

Anyway, righted my ship today. I decided I will use this time wisely. I am going to crack down hard on completing the certification stuff this week. I did one thing yesterday, plan to start and complete the online breastfeeding class, and will get the majority of the paperwork done. After that I will be needing to cross Ts and dot I's and make sure that every single thing is in order. It's a lot of work but this is the perfect week to set up office hours for myself and just get to it.

So I will be doing that, I have my Telehealth appt in 15 minutes, then will schedule my C19 test today along with a visit to the chiropractor. I also cooked some cheeseburger soup to eat this week, and went ahead and cooked the taco meat for this week as well. So today is going to be productive and that makes me feel better!

DH is going into a CRAZY BUSY couple of weeks with a trial so he will be largely gone.

Anyway, that is what has been going on around here. Ravens won on Sunday so that was Fab. Just going to put my nose to the grindstone this week and get things done!
  #1820   ^
Old Tue, Oct-13-20, 17:36

BF:

NIC_ JUST HUGSSSSSSSSSSS.....
Are you quarantining

Anything we can do-
You come here or on email- Just because you were exposed does not mean you are going to get it. I can't tell you how many time I was full frontal exposed and came out knock on wood ok.

I think truly it is a wake up call to us all- not to be lack. I am having this SAME conversations with my kids. they want to send the kids out trick or treating and I am opposed.

sighhhhhhhh- 2020- worst year EVER

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Oct-13-20 at 20:54.
  #1821   ^
Old Wed, Oct-14-20, 03:28

BF:

Nicco it is upsetting you have to take another test now. You work with babies and pregnant women, you are gonna have to be one who knows they are watching every move on that front.
Sorry this is going to be tough navigation for you for sure with your career.

Lack of travel and more.....oh yes I get ya.

I started a feeling of going 'bored batshit crazy' all of the sudden. My life hasnt changed much thru all this but it has ya know....enough to just to start to make me get annoyed now with this thing lingering out there. ugh....we all just keep going forward thru it all.

hey guys
hope everyone is well

all good here.

just zc'ing along and doing well.

hubby got a head cold and is worse. ugh
kid got less of a head cold, she is way better than him. ugh

Me, I am fine I tell ya since doing zc other than allergies/sinus hasn't changed, I don't seem to get these head colds anymore, so?? who knows LOL but so far I am fine. Told hubby to stay the hell away from me big time! Told kid to back off too HAHA

boring. bored. irked my travel is so off. tons of rain and just hitting that IN A DARN MOOD time for me. Everything is getting on my last nerve, oh yea I got a last nerve and it is being frayed more and more now HAHA

over and out and chat up later.
  #1822   ^
Old Wed, Oct-14-20, 05:42

BF:

Good Morning!

Not much shaking here. Didn't leave the house yesterday. Just puttered around doing laundry and then cooked up tenderloin steaks for dinner.....OMG.....so good and I cooked them perfectly. I was hesitant to buy grocery store steaks, but they were delish! I did order some grass fed beef and pork online yesterday. I think it is called Grass Roots Farm Coop or something. They had a code for 20% off first order, so I ordered some Tenderloin steaks and a Tri-tip Roast along with some pork chops. Still adds up to $$, but if it's good....totally worth it.

I thought I had an appt with my trainer today, but I don't. I guess because I thought I might be going on a golf outing with my friends today, but that fell through. Anyway, he runs a "Stretch & Bend" class at 10 this morning that I may go to. I have some errands to run too, so that will be my day.

DH will go with DS & DGS16 tonight for wings. I sure hope the boys didn't bring the Thing home from FL. Sigh......
---------
Nic....so sorry that you have to go thru the testing and worry again. I think we are all going to go thru this for years. There are just some situations that we'll get into that put us at risk.....we have to live, you know? All we can do is be as careful as we can. Hope your Chiro has helped your back.

Trig.....going a bit batshit crazy here too. Since I'm unable to run, the only thing I have is golf and with the rain the last 2 days, even that has not been happening! ACK!!! We've been spoiled with a dry summer and not having to adjust our lives to the weather that now when it finally rains, it's annoying. We desperately needed the rain, but still....why doesn't it just rain at night?
I know you have had the opposite..a wet summer. Ugh on that!

Jaz.....Anything interesting on the job front? I know you're ready to get something lined up. Hope something pops up soon.

Well, I need more coffee. It's chilly this morning!
  #1823   ^
Old Wed, Oct-14-20, 06:55

BF:

Chilly and clear this morning..........
Dot down- will be back this afternoon. this morning my DD needs to cut her 2 acres of land with her push mower!!!WTF-

Her Grandmother from her dads side is coming for a few days and she ask if I would watch the kids this morning for 3 hours.
DONE with babysitting duty- truly.
I love them so so so much- but done with babysitting. I have yet to be ask over to just hang out- no it's all babysitting. I get she truly could and does love the extra hand. Especially now. I get it- that is what mom's do.
But 90 days of this- WTF was I thinking?!?!?!?!

Yea - looking on the job front!!! Ready to get on with next chapter. This trip will be cut short I can tell.
Add that to basement living and I am OVER it. Soooooooooo.......
Going to work this afternoon in the hunt dept. Also have a few ideas on my own as well.

Back later to chat...........

WOE- got through those craving last night with a pickle.
  #1824   ^
Old Wed, Oct-14-20, 09:01

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Thanks for the sweet and kind words. I'm not overly worried about it and I'm not quarantining. The person I had contact with isn't that concerned about HERSELF so I am probably being ultra cautious. With the age range I work with though I just prefer to err on the side of caution.

I would probably let my Littles Trick or Treat, if I had them. I mean, if they are masked and outside, it seems probably benign enough. I'd quarantine the candy for a couple of days and instead give them some I had bought while theirs "rests." But I totally understand families who do not let their kids do it too.

I agree that 90 days of babysitting is a whole lot. Your DD is probably feeling like it is a limited time and she wants to get all she can out of it but yeah, some limits might be good. Little kids are a lot to take, especially when we aren't used to it anymore!

Trig- Fingers crossed that you stay well! I do believe that LC/ZC/Keto all help with immunity. I know I get sick far less than anyone else in my family by a long shot.

Yeah, the restless feeling is hitting big time. The virus-contagion-fatigue is real.

Lori- Glad your steaks came out so well! I still sous vide some but I have also been embracing the method of 25-30 minutes in the oven at 250º and then sear. That is also really delicious. I love steak!

Enjoy your day! What errands are you doing?

•••••••••••••

Thanks, all, for the support. In a way the timing is good because it has motivated me to really use this week and early next week to focus on finishing my certification work (at least as much as I can) and doing some self care appointments and so forth. My online breastfeeding class will likely take another ten hours to complete, plus an ass ton of paperwork etc. I go back to the Chiro this afternoon. It's a beautiful day so I will get a walk in as well, hopefully. My back is stiff today from yesterday's Chiro visit though.

Everything is going fine otherwise. I weigh tomorrow and have no idea what to expect from that. It is what it is. I feel like clothes-wise I am about the same as 15 days ago- not really sensing a change there.

I think I've decided that I will stop working with this family (of the four month old) at the end of the year. I am missing my newborns. That being said, this is a really hard time to find work with newborns and their families and so it may be that I will have no work at all, come the new year. BUT once my certification goes through, I can join an agency and that might be the best of all worlds for a while. Much to consider, including how I will tell them because I know they will be sorely disappointed!
  #1825   ^
Old Wed, Oct-14-20, 14:40

BF:

Back from the kids house...........
It took DD 3.5 hours to mow lawn with push mower. She was WHIPPED. I played with littles, taught the 5 year the value of coins.
He had a money Bongo game. I told him to go get a quarter, nickel, dime and penny from his bank.
So we learned about what each one is worth.

Then at lunch I taught the 5 year the VALUE of money. I explained the hotdogs he was eating cost 5 dollars. I ask if he knew where money comes from........
His response priceless........ "well, people just give it to you...."

WELL GIGI- went to work to explain that as a kid yes you have people do that, but as a big person you GO TO WORK to get money....... That is why "daddy" leaves every day to go to work to get money to buy hotdogs.
He truly was interested.
He said" Well how do you know how much stuff is?
I said- because the person selling hotdogs will tell you
HIM: I want to buy hotdogs some day.......
ME: Then when you are a big boy you will find a job you like and buy hotdogs.
HIM: Can I buy a car?
ME: If you have enough money- see DGS...... Adults work to get what we want and need.
Him: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Enough of a lesson for one day!!!! He learned money is not freely given but earned, and the value of a quarter, dime, nickel, and penny. How to count change!

Back at basement apt........ pretty out, but now my "OMAD time.
Waiting for steaks to rest!
Will walk Bella after and browse JOBS for Gigi.......

DD has grandma dads side in for few days. Yea on my own!!!!
Trying to decide when to make it back to GA to vote.
Mom is up my crawl to visit................

I wanna hit up Greenville and Asheville for a day to explore. Take the dogger and just go- Or I might just get up early and go. She is getting a bit antsy in a car.

Thinking Asheville tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be awesome and the mountains will be stellar with color.
I too need a change from the basement!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry - personals a bit later........ need to eat........
  #1826   ^
Old Thu, Oct-15-20, 04:41

BF:

Lori so you are heading into the batsh** mode too
I am feeling it, I need a darn trip or I am gonna blow

did ya hit the new class of stretch? I bought some DVDs from Eccentric Stretch and OMG they are some of the hardest dvds I ever bought....thinking stretch was 'so simple and easy' but darn they tax the body rough. I havent used those dvds in a long time, too darn hard for me, and I got beginner tapes LOL

I love those 'try me' 20% off codes and more when I try something online cool

Nicco so cool you are going all in and getting certification handled and working thru an agency you can get new clients easier, plus you can laser focus what work you want, more newborns and make it your specialty desires. I like that. I think that is a smart way to roll.

Jazz, so cool DD has the other side coming so you 'have days off'. I get that you have become a useful 'tool' to them and heck I would grab the use of grandma just like they have but in the end, I get ya. You are over it. Time for ''Hazel'' to leave the circus right
Time for you to do you now, find that position and move forward. It is great for down time and it is wonderful, but we have to move in some forward motion to keep life good. Sounds like you are doing so well tho

Hi all
nothing much

lost 1/2 lb again. down 1 lb for Oct so far. slow but sure. clothes fitting even better, loving that and just cruising along and letting all this just happen. I eat as I should and all good things come my way

off to moms today if she wants today....or she might default to tomorrow. 2 hip fractures and pins/rods on each side and she got a leg that hurts alot and she is so small ya know. No muscle. So she is now using the walker. She said the leg and wobbly of the cane ain't worth falling, so she is using the walker more and I 'see slowness' coming at her ya know. Even at 91 she could move out faster, now real fast this last year into age 92 she has slowed alot over a short time, but still going like the energizer bunny LOL I think she is just 'so over grocery shopping' ya know.....and heck I am way younger and sick of it so I get that part HAHA

hubby was SICK...who knows what damn disease he did have but he said alot of drivers and more were getting bad head colds and yea he got it. Got him some Mucinex which truly has helped him alot. Sounds alot better today.

Kid over her sick fast. Me, never got it except battled some tough sinus issues but healing up from my usual crazy. Allergies got me too, eyes just leaking. Tears just roll down my face...darn allergies ugh but will live thru it all.

over and out and be good ya'll....boring here. must do a few days trip ANYwhere before I go bonkers. Gonna set that up soon.
  #1827   ^
Old Thu, Oct-15-20, 05:02

BF:

Good Morning!
I can't believe I am first poster today!!!!!!!! Got up crazy early and could NOT go back to sleep. I got hot. It's been a minute since I had a "summer" moment. It doesn't help there is a egg crate on the mattress that holds heat. It is pretty miserable. But literally that is the mattress............

Lori- I know you are up and getting your coffee!!! Not to early for you!
So are you not running at all now? I am glad however, you are at least still working out with your trainer!
Are you able to get out and and least walk? How is your leg feeling?

So I will be interested in how you like your new meat coming! My steak last night was so god awful chewy. I can't do meat that just sits in your mouth and you chew and chew and chew- BLECK!!!

Yea on the DS and GS- hope they were careful. I am getting more mindful as we get into Fall and I am seeing reports from healthcare professionals that the cases are rising at warp speed.
They had a nurse on a report interviewing her.....she said it is so hard to treat sick person after sick person after sick person and then leave your shift and see the public just doesn't care and take it serious.
I struggled VERY much with that. It really brought ALL that back!

But I agree we can't live in a bubble forever.......sighhhhhhh

So tomorrow is your Dr. Appt? email us.

What does today look like for you? Is the rain gone?

TRIG
- how are you and the family doing with your colds? That goodness it truly is just a cold, as annoying as they are.
So were you planning a weekend in the RV this weekend? Maybe you can push it out one more week!

It will be pretty next week too!

I hear ya on being moody and "EVERYTHING" hitting that last nerve. So been there!!!! Ya just gotta ride that one out and then you wake up and wonder why it was that way! The morning always seems to help, that and SLEEP!!!!!!

Have you tried the butcher box? I am not a huge fan of delivered food. Too many hands in the process. Grocery is bad enough!!!!

Yesterday was pretty did you get out at all and let the sun shine on that pretty face? A little vita D naturally does wonders!!!!

NIC- - Sorry you had to go through that scare. Trust me at some point we all have that where we are bound to run into someone positive and not know it!!

Well- I am happy you are using time this week and part of next to plow through some work!
Ahhhhhhh...... on your 4 month old! Sweet Baby....... But hey time to cut those cords before they get personal. That is such a fine dance ya know when you care for people! You have to put some distance up or you can't function in the right professional capacity!

Maybe taking some time off through the holiday season is not a bad idea honestly at least this year.
2020- the year that WASN'T!!!

Glad you are so on point now with your WOE. I have found that when my life seems to be the worst my WOE is at its best! Funny how that works for me!

How is DS18 doing..... no news must mean he is doing his thing!!!!

Blue- you are thought of today
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am up way too early. I see a nap in my future!!!
I got hot and had to pee and then was JUST WIDE AWAKE!!! - So I put the coffee on.
Funny my dog is SO not happy being up this early. She is barking for me to come back to bed! HAHAHAHAHAH-
So opposite from Lori's cat!

Since I am awake I will start "work" early and hopefully get out and about today. I will find a place to get some walking in.
It is still so wet from all that rain so I am leaning towards the botanical gardens again.
They are lovely and paved and I can take Bella. The trees are starting to turn here. Not real pretty- a pale yellow. Not the brilliant reds I am used to up north!

On the job hunt today! Really thinking post here!!!! Need to have my next gig to go. I was THINKING about picking up another travel gig in Dec. but am thinking twice with all I am hearing. Sighhhhh.
I haven't ruled it out.... the $$$ is SO SO good. I just don't know. It was such a nightmare with Covid. I will tell you if Covid was not in the picture I would do it in a heart beat.

But I was on the nursing website and read that over 8000 healthcare professionals have died related to Covid and work. I know I hit at least 3 categories: Age, weight, high blood pressure. We had a nurse 56 pass last job. Tragic.
Sorry......... it turned a bit dark this post. Just thinking out loud about the current healthcare options and truth. It is not always pretty.

Oh well..... I will peek what there is out there.

So some fun news my DS is house hunting! I was online and talking to him as we searched and talked about houses. It was fun. He is such a good kid. Yes we have some differences, he is a bit more ridged than I am. However, I get him! Plus he calls his momma every day- who wouldn't love a check in!!!

Still early...not even light out yet..... too early for stocks! Boy it has been a great week for me that way. I have such fun with it too!!!!
I am careful..... It's like Vegas..... I never take more than I am willing to lose.
At this point I am only "playing" with my wins. I put the rest back. That is awesome.

Well.... let me see what my day will bring.
Up a pound?!?!?! WTF..... Not worried- I am on point. I am going to stop weighing everyday. Not helpful

Back later
  #1828   ^
Old Thu, Oct-15-20, 05:02

BF:

TRIG- You are up early and posted before me...... of course..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA- off to read your post!
  #1829   ^
Old Thu, Oct-15-20, 05:32

BF:

Good Morning!

Stayed in bed till nearly 7. Of course, I was up at 2:30 to let Gabby out and it always takes me a bit to get back to sleep. DH said I was snoring this morning.....oops....usually only do that if I have sinus stuff going on. Do feel a little congested.

Jaz.....enjoy your day. Sounds like you may need a nap.

No.....haven't been running at all. Just walking on the golf course. The hamstring is sore ALL the time. Sometimes it aches when I'm just sitting. Trainer has me stretch it really well, but it tightens right back up. Back to the Chiro next week and also the massage therapist. I actually met with the trainer yesterday after all....he texted me in the morning because he thought he had forgotten to mark it on his calendar and since my golf was cancelled yesterday, I went in for a work out at 1.

Yes.....back to the Mammo place tomorrow for a follow up. Trying to keep a positive outlook.

Trig....Isn't it funny how our older relatives suddenly seem to age before our eyes? I have seen that too. I'm glad your Mom started using her walker so she is more steady. She sure doesn't need a fall!

Glad you avoided the "plague" that DH brought home. Hope he gets over it soon.

Congrats on the loss and clothes fitting better.....awesome!

Nic....I'm sure this is a hard time to try to find new clients. Everyone is understandably nervous about having people come into their homes......not to mention caring for their newborn. Good time to get all your certifications in order.
--------
I'll be heading to the golf course in about an hour. Not sure how it's going to go as my hamstring is throbbing this morning. So sick of this "bum" leg.

Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Oct-15-20 at 05:41.
  #1830   ^
Old Thu, Oct-15-20, 06:36

BF:

Lori- I hate to hear you have given up running. Geeze between your broken arm now this!!!!!! I am hopeful working with the trainer will help!!!!!

Chin up- I am sure tomorrow is a precaution. They need to do it just to make sure. But do keep us posted!

Take some time today to do something special for you!!!!!!

Trig-
- you early bird! I am glad to hear the family is resolving the head cold! Mussenix is amazing stuff!!!
Do you get a flu shot?

Gross and over cast today........ my plans might change. Muggy too= bugs, skeeters are out in force.

I want this year OVER and with a new Spring a new fresh start on life as we all knew it.
--------------------------------------
I went back and started reading our thread from the beginning. We started with Jan.1-
Oh so glad we didn't have that crystal ball.
I was in DE at the start of this thread!!! None of us heard of Covid yet.......

We WERE planning a Spring Fling for 2021..... and the year seemed promising.
It was interesting to see how it evolved to all of us noticing the news and the TP shortages and then NO supplies- the STORES were EMPTY.

I said it looked like straight out of a movie set. I sure hope this Fall is not a repeat. Then came the lockdowns.
Then the images from people in Italy singing from their balconies. The human spirit always prevails in the darkest times!

That I think is what I am thinking about- how the human spirit does prevail despite the night. At some point morning does come. Maybe not for all of us, but hopefully more than not!

Connection is vital - I am going to look at the Zooming thing to see how that works.
Such a time we live in............ So glad we have this thread!!!

I am thinking about my OMAD already. Dinner yesterday was gross. I had the chewiest steak ever........ BLECK......
Not hungry - won't be for hours but need to thaw something. Fish? Crab? Hamburger? I will figure it out.

Sure hope for a peek of sunlight. I don't do gray and damp well.