Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1786   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-20, 17:16

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Texted owner- Plummer still not here. The guy said he was coming back and never did. Problem not solved.

She ask if someone could come in while all these service people come in and out. I said no- The plumber had no mask. The house manager didn't have a mask. I am so not comfortable here at all.

I am whining so I will stop...........

I hope tomorrow better day. It wasn't all bad- just sick of being stuck in basement. DARK basement- it is getting to me- it stinks. Literally.

I looked and looked for another place to stay - unless I spend close to 3000 there is no place else to stay.
I might have to leave. I need to think this out.

Till tomorrow!!!!- On WOE/ on point ........

going to watch debate........... nite- sorry Debbie downer..... But SC has been SO less than stellar or even ok.........
Sponsored Links
  #1787   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-20, 18:23

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz, I am so disappointed for you. Hopefully things will seem brighter in the morning. It definitely isn't sounding like this rental is working out for you at the moment. Have you checked things like Craigslist in the area?
  #1788   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-20, 21:08

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco you had me laughing hard on the gas and your poor hubby too funny

I hope your back starts to heal up nice for you. I know when we have these troubles they certainly do impact our life more than we think...ugh. I know, just hoping we all heal up best we can

very cool on your laser treatments and more. hey the cha-ching hurts but not really when it is about your self care ya know. I hope it goes well and good results and more and not a darn thing wrong with putting some bucks into you I so agree we need that when we want it and just need it done Cool

Jaz. damn on that plumber and all that mess.
dark stinky basement apt. OMG I know it is a trainwreck but you might wanna consider maybe a hotel for like 2 weeks and then get the hell out of dodge ya know....enjoy family a bit more and pick a new spot and get your job career happening as you need. I mean? I don't know, only you can make that call ya know. Feel for you on all this. Sometimes you strike great like your beach situation and sometimes ya get nailed like this one....beauty is you can make decisions to get this over with in some form....hoping the best for you!!!

Lori, smart to listen to her and give your body a tiny break to heal up some stuff. your training will be there and your golf and more so a little down time to heal up the OWs is a good idea....so glad the chiro helped you so much!

Nothing much today
ate some great ribs

sunny but little Brrr out there but nice.

doing bit of research for close by state park. kid says she wants out of dodge just to get away a few days in the rv....she loves it , so I will plan a short trip for just that. Thinking of hitting like 2 hrs up the road at Chimney Rock State Park....they are open, can hike and just relax at the campground a few days and just chill. change of scenery is a must soon now!

just this and that, nothing interesting, thankfully no drama

check in tomorrow, have a great night all
  #1789   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-20, 05:01

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I have a true low key day today. Nothing on the agenda but a trip to the grocery store at some point. Trying to fast this morning till close to Noon and then have a cup of coffee with cream. Did too much picking at this and that yesterday, so need a day of low eating. I may go for a walk this afternoon....we'll see.

Jaz.....so sorry about your situation. It may be worth it to be a bit further from the kids just to be in a decent place? I mean, just an hour or 2 would still be a fairly easy trip a couple times a week? Not ideal, but where you are is far from ideal too. This has been a bump in the road for you for sure.

Trig.....a little getaway in the RV sounds nice. Just a change in routine and scenery will recharge everyone's battery.

Nic.....sorry your back is giving you trouble. It just wears you down. Yesterday at the Chiro, my back was so tight and when she "cracked" it....oh my...the relief. I didn't realize how bonked up my upper back was. My hamstring is still tight, but will take time to loosen. The trainer will help me stretch it tomorrow. Did you eat something "funky" that caused your toxic emissions?
I'm anxious to hear how your Derm work goes. I'm sure you'll have sticker shock, but worth it if it makes you feel better.

Sipping coffee and enjoying my morning. Hope you all have a great day.
  #1790   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-20, 06:22

BF:

Good Morning-
You all are right- I do have options! I was very whiny yesterday over this mess. It was NOT as advertised. I had the impression it was a farm........... It is in the woods...... Anyway, moving on I need to look around.

You are right a few weeks in a nice place might just be the ticket!!!
I am not going to DD today so I can do some internet browsing.

NIC- Do people still use Craigs list?!?!?!
Sorry about your back is it any better? Best to rest it and have it all better than limp along!!!!!

Nic- We are traveling kindred spirits! Sounds like it is time to fire up the RV especially with how pretty the tress are going to be here very shortly!!!

Glad there is no drama- life is way to short for all that stress. I truly know that! You are so right in that mindset. Simple is so better in so many ways. We tend to make things more complicated than they need to be!!!!!

Lori- How is your leg coming along? Did your massage help? So are you running now at all? I know that maybe a nice walk, and some toning like you are working on might be what you need for right now! I know how hard it is to work with a messed up body and try to push through. It doesn't work!

I am on coffee one/ of many!

Blue- thinking good mojo your way!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is a "home" day. The plumber and the bug man are coming!
DD has prescheduled stuff today and is busy.
Just as well as my leg/ankle needs to heal.

I fell yesterday and scraped up my ankle on concrete. Ripped off a the top several layers of skin and bled like a stuck pig.
The drive way is straight up/down depending on which way you go.
I was taking out Bella for last potty run of the night and she heard something in the woods and bolted to get back in and yanked me down like a sack of potatoes.

THANK GOD NOTHING BROKEN. With no insurance that was all I thought about- broken hip=70+K ..............
I think I twisted it a bit as it was "sore to stand on. So I am good to just kick back. House/job hunt and take it easy peasy.

I have a beautiful chuck roast that will be seared off and tossed here shortly in the slow cooker. I bought some kale for a side salad if wanted. I also have a bit of gravy for taste. I do like a bit of gravy on my pot roast. I can be content to just have a bowl of meat and gravy truth be told. I might just do that and call it a day!!!!

I will play market today and see what shakes and bakes. Yesterday was a BLAST. I know not EVERY day can shake out like yesterday. I just happen to catch a wave and got out as it crashed out and I cashed out!!!!

Back later as I will be "bored".....HAHAHAHAH-
rain coming later this week...... today should still be nice- but I am parked for today.

Have a good one! Going to hit the internet and start my searches!
  #1791   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-20, 12:26

BF:

Back- Guess you all have a ton to do today........ It is a putter, laundry, pot roast, and internet day. Very low key......... I could use some low key.

Listening to some classic music....... 70/80's rock and chillin.......

Back later......... cool with no drama today. Ankle feeling better.
Plumber was here and worked on vents on roof/ bug man here..... so all done.
  #1792   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-20, 17:41

BF:

Glad you are getting a down day, Jaz. It is nice after you have been so busy with the Littles. Hopefully everything got fixed up.

How are you feeling from your fall?

Lori- Hope your day went well!

Trig- you too. Did you plan your trip? It's nice to have something to plan!

•••••••••••

My back is getting slowly getting better. Hooray! It still has a ways to go but I could move around much better today. Hopefully tomorrow will be the turning point.

I went to the funeral today for the Bio Mom. I'm glad I went, although I ducked out early as I didn't want to be in a big group of people. The CASA kids' foster Mom had particularly nice but honest things to say and it was very moving.

Also went to Costco and got that out of the way. I went to the one out near where they live and it is never that busy. The one in our area is always insanely busy.

So we are (refundably) booked for our Hawaii cruise in two years time, and the booking is in progress for Mexico in 2021. So there are those things to look forward to, which is nice. Next up, and soon, is Memphis in November!

Not much else to add. I think I have a home day tomorrow. I hope so and I hope I feel like I can get a walk in!
  #1793   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-20, 04:35

BF:

Good Morning!

Up early because DH got up to go hunting and woke me up. I'm meeting with the trainer at 11, but other than that, I have nothing going on. I'm ready to get back on the golf course tomorrow. I'm not used to just sitting around. I have to work up a treadmill walking/running plan to get me thru the winter. If I don't, I fear I'll gain weight and feel miserable. The hamstring is better, but far from perfect. I just want it to stop hurting!!

Jaz......are you seeing the kids today? Glad the plumber and bug guy came and hopefully got you fixed up. You don't need any more issues!

Nic....hope the back continues to improve. I love that you are planning fabulous vacations for the next few years. I like to think that we'll be able to resume traveling next year.

Trig...have you firmed up any plans for a little RV getaway? So nice to just be able to go and take your "house" with you!

Ok.....over & out!
  #1794   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-20, 06:37

BF:

Nicco glad you back is improving. nothing worse than 'being off' on movement, ohh boy I hear ya on that

Cool you got wonderful trips planned. I booked 2 weeks at the beach next year but nothing else cause I was weary of it all but I had to lock in my beach time lucky you, nice trips!!

Jaz, what ya doing....you got the stink under control but are ya happy there and gonna hang a bit or?? wondering what your next thoughts are on how you wanna move and jobs and more. I am just curious on that HAHA

Lori enjoy your trainer time...this is the first time with the trainer right? guy, gal? cant remember on it. Hope your body holds up well for you take it easy if you must! We got alot of years ahead of us, no need to go 'all in and take yourself' down on day 1 of this new training LOL you know what I mean

Your DH is hunting? hunting what? I don't think our season started yet down here but then again, hubby lost the hunt cabin land lease and their group is screwed....hmm, I have to ask about hunting now. I am sure it will drive him batty if he has nothing but one guy has a father who hunts a club and might get him in for a guest shoot day....last thing I heard on hunting from him.

ZC going well.
just eating great and doing this and that.
all drama free so far except damn knee is still off.....I hate this sucker big time, it best heal up and be over and done. getting super annoying now. but will survive.

off to bank and store for a few things. fast in and out stuff, home to do whatever, chill and more. ain't killing myself today, not in the mood.....like 3 days of rain coming, oh boy...weee

hubby off to drive a longer trip, home around midnight. yea ya'll know I am in good shape on that one

be good everyone!
  #1795   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-20, 07:27

BF:

Trig.......this is my 3rd or 4th time with the trainer(guy). He's just a young kid...I make him laugh all the time. We'll work mostly on stretching the hamstring and some upper body work. He also teaches some classes each week that I'm going to look into once my paid for private sessions are finished. He told me there are typically 2 or 3 ladies in the class and masks are required, so not too worried about catching the "Thing". I need to plan something to keep me moving this Winter. Ugh.

Archery deer season started here last Saturday. DH is not "good" with the bow, so he said the deer are in no danger. He just loves being out in the mountain early in the morning. I don't like him going alone....especially since DS & DGS16 are in Key West and not here to go find him if he doesn't come home! I made sure to get the phone number for the guy who owns the property where they hunt, just in case.

Did some laundry and have about an hour until I head to the gym.

Bye!
  #1796   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-20, 10:09

BF:

Good Morning- yup still morning.

Lori- I laughed at the trainer comment he is a "young one!! HAHA"
I would look at maybe some videos on you tube. I know alot of people are finding work outs via online these days. Just a thought. I am not into treadmill/ hamster wheel anymore. Glad I sold mine for almost what I paid for it.

HAHA - on hubby deer hunting with a bow, glad too he is a bad shot! HAHA

NIC- yea on starting to think about next year when this nightmare C-19 is over. I sure hope it is behind us! Truly what a year 2020 has turned out to be.

Going to Memphis in Nov? VERY cool!!!! Is that when you are getting to getting together with family for holiday? What is the drive time? Is everyone and dogs going?

When is the Mexico trip? - so nice to have something to look forward too!!!

Are there any stretches you can do for your back?

That was nice for you to pay your respects for your Casa Bio- mom. So so sad........ I am glad you are there at this time. Do you get paid for this or is it a volunteer thing? Just wondering. Are you still getting some Doula time in?

Trig- Did you book your campsite? I agree so awesome you can all pile into your "house" on wheels"!!!!!- You know you are not walking into a dive like I did this round. Although I will have to say, this was the only time it was not stellar.
I have stayed in some mighty EXCELLENT places!!!!

On point too my friend- WOE!!! - simple is so much better.
Ended up just having pot roast and gravy and it was really really good.
Nothing like feeling lean, mean, and AWESOME! - it truly is such a powerful feeling!

Going to thaw some steak out and some shrimp for possible Sunday.
Ready for shrimp again! Bought two 2pound bags of jumbo - YES!!!
And 4 HUGE strip steaks. I also have an entire tenderloin in freezer I am thinking about just thawing and cutting off hunks as needs for meals. I wonder how long it will stay good in fridge?

Blue- TGIF- How much longer until you come back?????? We are ready!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------
I am going to stay and make the best of it. The owner is sending me 1/2 my money back for the issues, cleaning, and just all of it.
So that sorta changes it a bit. I have cleaned it up as best as can be. At least it is clean.
The plumbing and bugs are gone.

I am going to go to dollar store and get some twinkle lights and a few decorations and hang until I find work. I am going to make it work- and find some beauty in it. I am in the woods- it will be pretty when the leaves begin to change. Winter/Fall is a dark season anyway.

So I just need to make the inside sparkle! I might pick up some cheap candles too and I did bring my own room rug. I am SO SO happy I did. feels a bit cozier. I brought my bed blanket too so I will stay through the holidays or until I do find work

I spent a bit of time looking yesterday. I truly did and NOTHING looked appealing!!!!! HAHAHAHAH I know I need something. I am not ready to just take anything! I am not there yet!

The bloat weight and regained pounds are coming back off. Wow oh wow what a struggle to get it off and boom over night they can come right back if not careful.

I have leftover crack slaw and pot roast. No cook day for me.

I am going to go over to babysit the kids. DD wants a evening out with hubby. I said I would if they don't sit inside - outdoor patio only. Last think I need right now is COVID!
We both have to be careful.

Going to get a flu shot tomorrow!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY John Lennon!!!!!!!!- remembering you today!!!!
Music today in honor all day!!!!!-

TGIF all- make it a good one!
  #1797   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-20, 17:03

BF:

Hello Friends!

We had the most gorgeous day today. Sunny, clear blue skies, mid 60s or so. Just lovely. We are having a really nice Fall this year.

Lori- You will no doubt keep yourself busy this winter. You were going at 100mph, right now you are at about 70mph. You are hardly sitting around every day, all day! The classes with the trainer sound good.

Trig- Yay for booking at the beach for two weeks next year! Which one/s?

Sorry to hear about your coming rain. We have that too, on its way. Bummer! We've had a really nice string of good weather though so I guess we can't complain too much.

Jaz- We are flying to Memphis, and Mexico is next summer. CASA is a volunteer position. I'm still working with the family I had been working with, but at this point no longer in a PD position since the baby is four months old now. I'm thinking I will stay with them through the end of the year and then see about another family. But it depends on the pandemic too.

Sounds like you struck a good deal with the homeowner. Half for her is better than nothing and you get to keep some money in your pocket. I'm glad it worked out for you.

You are really spending a lot of time with your DD and GKs! They will miss you terribly when you leave!

••••••••••

My back is doing so much better- I'm at about 90% now. I got a really nice long walk in, 3.6 miles through paved trails in the woods. I don't trust it yet for hiking though on uneven ground. Maybe next week.

Experimented with a new LC baking recipe today- apple cider donuts. Uses almond flour and apple extract, along with spices, eggs, butter etc. Very clean ingredients. The first batch I messed up the outside and tossed them. The second batch is pretty good. Not as good as the pumpkin cream cheese muffins though- those are BOMB.

My favorite thing about LC baked goods is that I don't find them binge-able. I mean, I like them and they are a nice treat but I don't want a bunch of it. I will bake something, keep a couple of them in the fridge and individually wrap the rest in plastic wrap, then bag them up and freeze them.

I am determined to do my best to stay the LC/Keto course and incorporate it fully in my life, with new recipes and doing some baking etc this Fall. It has been a lifesaver to have some things that I like when others are eating 'their' stuff. I have my own LC/Keto pantry now also. My own Butcher Box stuff in the deep freezer etc.

Today was a pretty beef-heavy day for me. I had a slice of homemade LC bread with cream cheese and EBTB seasoning, a Butcher Box filet with butter, a Butcher Box hamburger patty (they are pretty large!) and an LC apple cider donut. Plus my coffee of course!

Talk more tomorrow!
  #1798   ^
Old Sat, Oct-10-20, 05:15

BF:

Good Morning!

Moving slow this morning. No need to hurry as our tee time isn't until 11 o'clock. It's supposed to be a pretty nice day. We'll play tomorrow too, though clouds will be moving in. Monday's tee time will have to be canceled as we're going to get lots of much needed rain.

I had a good workout with the trainer yesterday. He likes to play golf too, so we yack about that while I'm working out. I was tired when I got home. He's working on my shoulder as I've kind of stopped pushing it to do more and it feels good to stretch it and "ask" it to move better. All good.

Nic......I wish I was there to be an official taste tester for all your LC treats. It all sounds so good. I need to start being more adventurous with my cooking and make some different things. I stopped getting the food boxes for now and am just winging it, which can lead to some "not so good" food choices.

I love the sound of your paved trail thru the woods. I am getting so bored with my running around town thing.

Jaz.....so glad the owner is working with you on the $$ after all the problems you've had. I hope the remainder of your time there is smooth sailing. Putting up some twinkle lights and just some little touches will make all the difference.

Trig....hope you enjoyed your low-key Friday. Anything happening for the weekend?

Blue.....missing you!

---------

That's it from here. Looking forward to today. I sure am going to miss my golf days when the weather turns nasty.

Later!
  #1799   ^
Old Sat, Oct-10-20, 07:27

BF:

Lori that is funny the deer are safe with your hubby using a bow. Our deer were safe too, hubby was not a good bow hunter Told him to sell that darn thing, cause the arrows are SO sharp it is frightening thing to have around actually. I might tell him to ditch it again, he might just. He aint into bow hunting like he was back in the day. Cool.

Oh I thought this was new with this trainer guy. OK.....sounds like you guys get along well and yea some classes with him would be good since 'he knows' you well from the private lessons he can easily help you alot more in a class lesson and also you probably save some bucks on that

yea we are in the nasty weather right now too

Nicco that is so cool to hear you say you are going all in and using keto plan as a lifestyle and one you are gonna hang onto....hey it is treating you very well!! Plus it is good to have a clean eating focus like that. Something we do for us and your experimenting with baked stuff and more is smart. You find what foods suit you and work for you and go with the flow on that!! Great post to read, you sound happy on it all

2 wks next year is Edisto Beach State Park. Right on the ocean. Over a dune and in 10 seconds you are on the beach, we love it LOL Now I can't wait HAHA

Jaz cool ya got some bucks back from the landlord.
and yea jazz up the place with twinkle lights and more, make it all cheery.
I know the location is great for ya, just enjoy it all best you can.....and don't rush on that next job, you know it has to go down, but keep searching for that job that fits and suits what you want now. You got good stuff coming your way all handpicked by you when ready plus ya got a great life happening now with being near the kiddies!

HI
no good steak sales darn it but shrimp was on a great sale so I nabbed a good bit.

bought alot of hamburger since I need something if my steaks are on rationing right now HAHA I only got like 4 steaks left and darn that ain't nothing so my burger supply was jacked up for just in case. I can survive on burger but I sure would like a steak instead LOL come on sales!

hubby off to work so that is good. another easy day here
rainy and icky

kid sleeping. I have to watch her online crap like a friggin' hawk. Annoys me. Talked with Barb and she said Mason, her grandboy, is struggling cause he just doesn't get it, he is like 10 and needs alot of help navigating the online homework and all. ugh. I tell ya kids got it rough, my kid just don't wanna do the work HAHA shoot me please

over and out and all be good.
  #1800   ^
Old Sat, Oct-10-20, 08:07

BF:

Good Morning from a super soaker rain filled SC mountainside.

Nic-
I just wanna say I am super impressed with your Butcher Box treats!!! Oh yes and YES PLEASE! Aside from a blip with chili (it was LC) and bloat- I have been gearing more meat heavy as well.
It just feels homey, Autumn and hearty, and the smell of pot roast floating is just wonderful!

I like that you are baking a bit and it is not a binge trigger. Thankfully I have NEVER been "turned on" by sugar or sweet treats or baked goods.
I am a savory gal. I am still thinking about your cali "Mac n Cheese". Now that- hold me back and let me bury my face in that!!!!!
I am thawing steaks too!!! As I am typing this I am watching the TEST KITCHEN. They are doing a bourbon/ soy sauce marinade for grilled bourbon steak. OMG it looks amazing.

I was happy to read your back is doing better. I hear ya on uneven pavement. Hopefully you can get your self back to hiking! Do you use boots, or tennis shoes? Curious?

Lori- Looking at the clock and you are most like ready to take off for Tee time! Who are you playing with today?
Enjoy your sunshine- rain is coming!!! I'm in it today!

How did hubby do with his bow and arrow?
Are you cooking tonight?

Trig-I bet you are socked in with rain like I am today and tomorrow! POURING!!!!!
But I am sure you all will spread out and just take today as a chillax
day! I sure am!

Did you ever get some cool leggings?

Blue-- thinking about you!
------------------------------------------------------------
Yup, totally socked in with torrential hurricane rain. No wind, nothing severe just alot of water!
Poor Bella got soaked with I tried to take her out. She would "do" anything.Not even pee!!!!

My ankle was a bit sore still getting up, but the swelling is almost got. So all good. I think by tomorrow I will be ready to roll.
With all the rain I don't mind a total stay in day.
Super dark and the sound of rain is heavy. Like Blue says it does hit that Morticia itch!

I might make today a movie day and chill.
Left over pot roast and have hamburger to make patties. I might put the patties in the left over pot roast gravy! YUM........That will be that.

The chili bloat is finally gone and back down the 10. SHHHHHHHHHH.......... You all know what I am thinking.

Anyway, not much doing today. Will connect with the kids via phone and that is about it.
Oh wait I have a funny cute story if you are interested.

Last night I am snuggled on the couch with the littles. Lil bit of course crawled up onto my chest where she likes to sit and stare at my face.
Anyway, this is the conversation:
HER: Gigi what are those stuck in your ears?
ME: those are earrings
HER: what are earrings?
ME: Jewelry to make your ears sparkle
HER: why are they stuck?
ME: I have a hole in my ear to put them in.
HER: A hole? Is your ear "broken"? (frowning)
ME: Taking out the earring to show her.... No honey I put the hole there to hold the earring.
HER: "delighted"- Ohhhhhhhhh Prettttyyyyyyyyy
ME: Putting earrings back in. Someday you might have earrings too.
HER: Can I have them until then??????????? Side eye smile........

Oh dear...... here we go......... Gigi is going to miss them too when I roll out!

Ok all- off for more coffee.