Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1771   ^
Old Mon, Oct-05-20, 05:11

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori- Your scheduled looks exhausting - I would need a day between all that to recover!!! HAHA- not you!
When is race day and where is it????

Hey I would take the sweatshirt and medal!!! - but it is more that you did it!!! But hey you can always walk some too! Just crossing a finish line would be enough for me.

Very cool to scoop up some shorts at a great price and they fit well! I think you are perfect at your weight- you seem to be holding it well too!!!

Trig- - I am glad things have settled down for the kiddo and she is adjusting to school.
I wonder what you did to your knee- that is puzzling!
Glad you got in a walk though- beautiful day for it yesterday. We have rain coming towards the end of this week.

Cool the hubby seems to love his work..... Plus it gives you time to yourself!

Nic- How is the fast going? Are you just doing it for a cleanse?
Are you taking your BS during this phase?

Hi BLUE
------------------------------
Quickie here for me- I need to jump in the shower and head over to babysit for the kids as DD has dentist appt. And then Wed. She has a doctors appt.

The 5 year already has a board game picked out!............ ahhhhh yesssss......

Then we will hit up a park for the kids and I will come back here!

I lost my FAVORITE sunglasses yesterday at the gardens. I went back and retraced my steps and they are gone. I am going to reorder them!

I am up 6 pounds...... bounce house! I lost 10- up 6 over night! It feels like salt bloat. I need to water up!!!!
I was on point yesterday, just chili had tomatoes and salt in it-

I have a big piece of salmon to cook up today- tomorrow is steak!

Back later!
Sponsored Links
  #1772   ^
Old Mon, Oct-05-20, 05:39

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz so cool you got the kiddies and giving your DD a great break to get out of the house on her own and get some stuff handled. I bet she is loving that!! Good Grandma LOL

up 6 from chili, wow. salt lick for sure along with spices you probably haven't eaten in a while.....all that monkeys with us for sure. When one eats more carnivore any and all that packaged stuff like spices can easily nail us but of course, nice thing is water and eating more simple without seasoning will correct that fast.

Sounds like you are in a great place right now having alot of fun times with the kiddies....happy for you!

How about work? Anything new you wanna research? Anythign coming to mind on how or where you might settle and look for a position? just wondering on it.
  #1773   ^
Old Mon, Oct-05-20, 06:49

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Ok....this is the last I will talk about the half marathon. I have pulled out. I tried to run this morning and the hamstring will not allow it. I knew I was in trouble this morning when just sitting having my coffee, the hamstring was throbbing. I just can't push thru and end up hurting myself worse. Maybe a half is in my future someday, but not this one. Thanks for listening to all my whining etc over the past months. You all are the best.
  #1774   ^
Old Mon, Oct-05-20, 08:37

BF:

Lori geez you are doing the best thing for ya at this point.

I am 'knee screwed' in a way right now and you are 'hamstring screwed' LOL.....and as much as we want our 18 yr old bodies back with no injuries, ain't gonna go down like that.

So you are doing the smart thing. Do what it takes to correct/heal what the heck is aching now at our ages and I know ya get this.....it is OK.....you picked a goal and it was not happening thru physical injury so you are cool on it all and just let it go, let it go and heal up and find new good things to replace that.

YOU GOT THIS!!!!
  #1775   ^
Old Mon, Oct-05-20, 14:24

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- you are getting great time in with the Grands! Your DD will wonder how she got by without you and will cry buckets when you have to leave!

Sorry you lost your sunglasses. What brand are they that you like so much?

The six pounds is a big bounce but it is just that. It will come back down.

Trig- Glad DD is off to school and seems more settled about it. That's good and a relief for you I'm sure.

I'm glad you were able to get out walking but sorry that your knee swelled up like that afterward. I wonder what is up with it?

Lori- I think you made a really smart decision, I really do. You are SO ACTIVE and you are doing so much. It doesn't make sense to really aggravate an injury and take all the things you love off the table. You can always revisit it in the future.

I'm worn out looking at your schedule too! That is very busy!!

••••••••••••••

I officially ended my fast today at the 43 hour mark. I am really proud of myself. I could have finished it, I believe, but I tweaked my back today cleaning the upstairs and it was getting worse and worse as the day was going on. I really needed to take an Aleve but there was no way I was going to put that on a stomach as empty as mine. I was on the fence about going the whole way anyhow so it was perfectly fine.

The longest I have ever fasted is probably 18 hours and that wasn't even a true fast- as in zero calories taken in of any kind. I've definitely routinely gone 16 but that usually includes coffee with cream, which is meal skipping but not true fasting. I really wanted to experiment with how it would feel and how I would react, both physically and mentally.

I did test BG/Ketones three times as I went along. My BG stayed pretty steady, from 85 to 82. My ketones really went up though, peaking at 2.4 as I ended the fast. Really amazing to see that happen!

Anyway, it was good and it gives me confidence going forward that I can easily incorporate a 24 hour pure fast into my life, maybe once every two weeks or so.

Other than that, nothing much to report. Took a walk and cleaned today before my back went out, making chicken kabobs for dinner tonight. Working tomorrow and Wednesday. DS18 got home safely from WV last night and left early to work today. I was glad to see him when he got home.

Later, gators!
  #1776   ^
Old Mon, Oct-05-20, 18:53

BF:

Good Evening all!!!!!

Lori- I know you are disappointed at some level regarding your marathon! But seriously my friend you push yourself SO SO hard it is a good thing to stop when you have an injury.
There will be a next time. I am sure of it!

Right not you need to be kind to your body!!!! let it heal!
You have not been whiney- just wait till end of this post!!!!! HAHAHAH

I know you will recover and get back- at least you are still about to do a few things- golf, ect.... you love.

NIC- Gosh you did so well with fasting. I love fasting my 24 hours a day. I think IF is so useful with LC and it is showing scientifically to work better than just kept/LC alone!
So anyway you work it is a benefit!

I hate to hear you tweak out your back- hope you heal fast!
I know you are IN IT 100% on your WOE!

Hope you had a peaceful weekend!

TRIG- Hope you had a day to self and just chillin!!!!

HI BLUE!
--------------------------------------
There are so many steps hills here. I am in the foot hills of the Appalachians so there are hiking opportunities even here on pavement. I am at the top of a very steep hill.

So when I walk Bella I am a bit SOB. Which is a good thing. It means that thatI am getting a bit more work out in.

Going hiking tomorrow for an hour, a small park near the lake.
I bought some really good running shoes today as my left foot has flared up again with sever plantar fasciitis. I need to take care and do what I told LORI- heal this foot muscle before I do damage. Right now it is just inflamed and painful. But if I abuse my feet it can and will get worse.

Yup- Trig- totally agree that certain spices and too much salt can backfire! BLOAT up!!!!! I feel bloat right now- plus I am not drinking enough water!

All in all ok- tired today.
The kids were fussy and wanted to fight and I was just not in the mood for that. After 2 hours of endless whine and tears I put on a Disney movie and told them to sit- I was OVER it.

Then DD came home and tried to nap them- total disaster- more screaming- I left at 3. She begged me to stay longer so she could get out, I told her I would see her tomorrow- I had been there since 8 am and was whipped.
I CAN LEAVE....

Ordered another pair of my fav sun glasses!
I am going to bed , will watch a video while falling asleep!

NIGHT- salmon tomorrow. Had leftover chili.
  #1777   ^
Old Tue, Oct-06-20, 05:13

BF:

Good Morning!

Thanks for your comments about the half marathon. I am disappointed, but had to face reality. I'm going to keep working with the trainer for my 10 session pre-paid plan. I just asked him to concentrate on upper body and balance/flexibility. Not sure what I'll do after the 10 sessions......really can't afford to continue....so expensive. I'm feeling a bit down about it all right now. When my Chiro says I can resume walking with a little bit of running, I'm going to work on the low heart rate training. It is very gentle and a good fat burning exercise. Playing golf today and then tomorrow is Chiro & trainer.

Jaz.....sounds like you had "one of those days" with the kids. I hope they are in a better humor today. Glad to hear that you got some good sneakers....that PF is the most miserable thing.

Nic.....good work on the fast. How did your stomach feel when you finally ate? I suppose you ate something fairly light as to not "shock" your system. I'm going to restart the EOD plan now that I won't be running a lot of miles.

Trig.....how did school go for DD yesterday? Hope she's adjusting to a schedule and feeling better about it all.

Hi Blue !
  #1778   ^
Old Tue, Oct-06-20, 05:16

BF:

Jaz, ya got a bit kidd'ed out huh? HAHA I know that one! You are giving your DD good relief, but darn, ya don't have give it all LOL Grandmas can walk away

will you get rid of that damn chili please

get your hands on fresh meat and eat well and dump those salty spices
I know you will.

Sorry on your foot issues. They suck rocks. I tell ya foot/knee/whatever that effects walking is horrible for sure. I mean I wanna move fast and move up mountains and I can't go all in and it truly will get on one's nerves. Hike when ya can, maybe before your job, time for a podiatrist visit? might help ya?

Nicco super cool on your fasting. Yea I don't take my Ibuprofen on empty tummy either. I wait for meal time for sure. Something has to buffer them drugs LOL Suckers can tear up your guts!

Be careful on fasting. All seems fine til boom, you fast again and go apeshit crazy wanting food, like we push the fasting too much. Happened to me. I tried my fasting days back then remember, did great, did 2 days and all was fine but then later after a few tries of it I went nutso a bit. Fasting worked against me and not for me, so not saying this will be you, but watch you just in case

waiting on Lori to check in

Good morn
all fine here. my steak yesterday was so tender and good. yum. never not like a steak. my ribeye is life, but now I am doing Tbones again and NY strips. hey they are on sale and while I mostly dropped those for ribeye, now I am gearing at them, just loving them again.

kid off to school, no troubles. Damn that feels good, no troubles in the morning!

hubby around for now, hope work calls and gets him gone

I got more windows to tackle, going thru the house slowly getting them handled. Gotta get out the step ladder and do ceiling fans. OMG I hate ceiling fans, the dust ya know. eh, any house chore, ya know

little this and that. got a lb. of hamburger for later to fry up and eat and later? who knows, maybe a steak or chicken. Doesn't matter, some meat HAHA

be good all
  #1779   ^
Old Tue, Oct-06-20, 13:28

BF:

TRIG- You just crack me up!!!!!! So I have salmon in the oven getting a bake on.
Tomorrow will be either pot roast or just hamburgers and shrimp. I have noticed I DO feel a bit learner and BETTER all over eating steak, beef, seafood and skip the junk.....

I just tossed a 2 pound UNOPENED bag of Brussel sprouts and a 1 pound of slaw. I just never got to it.
Old habits of veggies are dying hard! But the more I look at it- the better I feel.
You are so right- that chili and spices put that 6 pounds right back on! JUST LIKE THAT.

Glad you got a day to self and kiddo is adjusting. It all sounds good.

Lori- - I am glad you are takin care of your body needs! I know you are disappointed a bit. But hey.... in all seriousness you need to rest that hamstring!!!!!

I am SO SO sure you will find another way to work something that is less jarring into your work outs!!!!

So cool you truly are at maintenance. Those
"extra" 10 pounds are vanity pounds. I get it too!!!! Trust me I will want them too WHEN I get there someday!
But you look fabulous and are healthy! That is most important!

NIC/ BLUE- Updates
------------------------------------------------------------
Went on a very short hike with kids today. My new shoes are so comfy.

I woke up to a horrid STENCH coming from the bathroom and gagged when I opened the bathroom door. OMG the smell....sewage? Methane? Mold? Skunk died in wall? I texted the owner once again and I am so over this place.

So she texted back is is going to send the septic plumerias out. I had my DD come over to see if I am just being a priss.
She smelled what she thought was black mold and smoke......

Long story short I spent a few hour this afternoon looking for alternative lodging. unless I want to sped 3k+ per month- no can do. This place is SO farm- NOTHING here hard to find anything that takes pets.

Meanwhile I am listening to my beach coast music from St. Simon I have plugged into my iPad and booming from speakers. I am so missing my beach.

Just got a tex..... Plummer on way- on point
  #1780   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-20, 04:13

BF:

WHERE IS LORI? Ok she best check in and soon!

Jazz, yikes on that stink. Sewer probably and ohhh I hate that smell LOL Too bad you can't find another place but if the stink is handled I hope it is good enough for ya to just hang and enjoy life.

What are ya doing now? Gonna job hunt real now or just relax more? just curious on that.

Yea, keep the food as simple as you can and keep it protein and good fat mostly. Steer clear of those seasonings for a bit if you can....you need that more time on 'clean simple eating' to get the body responding and you are on your way now, just keep on trucking!!

Nicco didn't check in yet either so waiting on a post :0

Hey all
ate some big beef ribs yesterday and darn they were delish.
cheeseburger patty and some salami too and that took care of me for the day.

no lbs on scale down yet but that is cool. just cruising along, feeling great. I want more seafood in my life but I have to say prices stop me in my tracks. around $30/lb for king crab, like $15 or so for a whole frozen lobster and thing is I need at least 3 lobster meat or heck 4 to even come close to filling me up. I love my shrimp and can still hit great sales and affordable, but I tell ya to live on crab legs and lobster ain't gonna happen, and I so wish it could. Might have to buy me some lottery tickets and hope HAHA oh well, it is what it is.

nothing much doing
knee a tad better, me and kid walked the dead end road last night and not too bad when I got back. didnt need ice but sucked down some ibuprofen again which helped.
hubby to work today? don't know but damn I need him gone and out from under me LOL a few days not driving and oh boy I feel it HA

other than all that everything is going well.

over and out and be good everyone!
  #1781   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-20, 05:07

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm here....I'm here!! I did post yesterday morning Trig.....think you and I posted at the same time.

I played golf with the ladies yesterday and it was pretty miserable for about half the time. Thick fog and in the 40's when we started. I didn't wear my waterproof shoes and I had wet, cold feet all day. Like I said....miserable. I could have wrung water out of my socks when I took them off. Ugh. I think I'll pass on playing Thursday and just wait until the weekend when the weather is looking much better and I'll play with my friend.

Today I have my Chiro appt at 11:30. I sure hope she can do something with this hip that is causing pain down the back of my left leg. I feel sure the hip is the root of the problem. Sigh......I'm scheduled to meet with the trainer at 2, but I'm going to ask my Chiro if she thinks I should, or if I should take it easy after my treatment. My cleaning lady is coming today, so I'll have to stay out of her way.

---------

Trig.....hope DH gets a driving job and gets out of your hair. I SO understand what you mean. I enjoy my few hours during the day when my DH goes to his part-time job. Glad your knee is not getting worse. Just need to baby it a bit.

Jaz.....Ugh on that sewer smell...horrible. I hope the plumber was able to figure out the problem and get it handled. I'm sure it's hard to move from that wonderful place on St. Simon to this less than ideal place.

What are you up to today?

Nic & Blue...... Hope all is well!

More coffee and just easing into my morning here. Have good days!
  #1782   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-20, 05:56

BF:

OK you checked in, I am cool with that Lori HAHA

yea wet socks in shoes...omg one of my pet peeves for sure!

Very smart to ask Chiro if you should do time with trainer. You might need down time so cool to ask her which way is best.

I so agree the DHs need out of our hair some time during the darn day LOL I rely on him having his time working and gone and me having ME time here with him not lurking. He lurks and that drives me batty some days HAHA
  #1783   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-20, 07:53

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho, folks! It's HUMP DAY! Jaz, I bet you need to be told that now!

Jaz- What shoes did you get? I am going to get a new pair of walking shoes. I asked friends what to get and several recommended a particular type of Asics. I'll probably try them but lord, they are 159 dollars for a pair! Yikes! I save my hiking shoes for trails only, to keep the tread sticky on them.

Jealous of your hills for hiking! Sounds fab!

You are seeing a LOT of your grandkids. Do you think you will keep the daily pace up? I think I would burn out quick doing that. I think I will be more likely to be the couple-of-days-a-week Grandma. I was lol'ing over the kids fighting and you putting on a movie. By day 3 I would be doing that too!

What brand sunglasses?

That bathroom situation sounds GROSS. I hope it got fixed!

Lori- Not that my opinion matters, but I really, really do think you are doing the right thing. Your body is telling you to slow it down for a bit. You were doing a LOT. Last thing you want is injury that keeps you from doing anything at all.

Ugh, cold wet feet would SUCK. That would just be horrible.

Are you getting a warm day like we are today? One random warm day of nearly 80. What? Now I gotta shave my legs! lolol

Trig- Super glad to hear that DD is doing better at going back to school. As a mama I know what relief you feel to not have that be a battle. When our kids are struggling, we do too, pure and simple. That bond is strong!

I hear your words re: fasting and I agree with them. I'd like to incorporate it maybe once a week or two, for 24 hours but we'll see. I'm in a good place and there is no reason to really rock the boat.

Really glad to hear you are seeing improvement in your knee.

••••••••••

Mostly doing good here although my back is still healing. You guys know I am a no-meds girl and I have had no choice the last two days. I took an Aleve yesterday and the day before, THREE Advil last night before bed and will take THREE more before I go work with the baby today. I've been icing it as well. It is better today, I can tell, but I'm worried about how it will feel after work. But that's my only shift this week as I canceled yesterday and don't go back until Wed and Fri of next week.

Tomorrow I attend the funeral for the Bio Mom of the CASA kids. Such a shame, truly. So sad. I'm also going to Costco- haven't been in several weeks and I've got a decent list going.

Did I tell you guys that I decided to have some dermatology work done next week? You all know I have rosacea. I am doing laser treatment on some of the blood vessels. I haven't done it because it is BIG bucks and not covered by insurance but I am ready to just do it. It is a 3 visit deal. I'm also getting three moles removed around my left eyebrow area. Again, not covered. Cha-ching!

Staying on plan. I had a super grumbly tummy yesterday and was passing some gas that could kill. My poor husband! Tried a new recipe last night for bbq chicken skewers. DH and DS18 liked them, I thought they were fine but nothing special. Will definitely be doing more skewer grilling though!

That's about it from here. Wishing I could do some walking but it will be another day or two before my back lets me do that again.
  #1784   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-20, 14:35

BF:

Hey ladies..... late post I know... you are used to seeing first thing.

Trig-- glad you knee seems to be doing a tad better??????
Yum on the beef ribs- do you crock pot them or oven them?????? Plain or with rub?

Awesome the hubby has something to do. you both are SO SO young- it would be hard to be together 24/7 and not get on nerves!!!!
I would send him out too!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Defrosting pot roast for tomorrow!!!!!

NIC
- OMG- yup it didn't even take 3 days for the Disney movies to come out!!!! - see cute story though at end.....

So very curious on the Rose treatment- does it really work???? As you can tell I have a bit around my cheeks.....Makeup though still works for me.......... Full coverage.
Interested in all that..... but I know you don't wear makeup

Walking here.....OH yes you would be in heaven!!!!! THE hills are STEEP. I am SOB on them!!!! I can also feel sore back of Cath.
Oh shoes- I got Ascis too- Kohl's - on sale 54 dollars and they feel great. Only worn 3 times though. DD said best..... Besides Brooks.
Speaking of our Brooks gal............

Lori
- Any updates on your leg????????? Sorta concerned about it!!!!
I sure hope you get that removed. Maybe REST!!!!!! HINT HINT HINT.....

Whats for dinner- ever make crack slaw?

Blue - - speaking of the person who turned me onto crack slaw!!!! HAHAHAH Missing you
----------------------------------------
OMG Plummer drama........... so I was ASK to stay here yesterday for him. I missed my GS soccer game and no show. I fell asleep about 9 as I had to get up at 5.

At 9:30- Dark as can be some gruff dud with beard straight out of Dynsty duck pounds on the door at 935. I was dead asleep.
I open door and this dude- hair longer than mine, it's pitch black out says he is Plummer. Nice I say- I am in bed........and I closed the door.
1.) Dude after dark in my apt- NO
2.) no badge- no nothing- looks homeless
3.) 9:30 - are you FREKIN kiddie me.

Texted home owner and said no way- so he came back today. Had to cut short time with kids, for today. Was not happy.
He came and said yes issue with venting- therefore sewage smell was present. he came with no tools or ladder. He has left to go get supplies........ still not back....... now almost 5- still dealing with THIS issue.

The positive news- played the stock market game today. Has been a few days as I have been tired up.
It was SO SO much fun. - I just love this hobby.......
I "played 10 minutes setting all up- got into game....... played 4 minted made 502.- pulled out and walked away.
No need to be greedy- that is where people lose.
Not high rollers here......... But dang if that was not a blast .......

Right after that my mother texted me to ask if I got a job.........

Next on the list was a glass of wine/ crack slaw and here I am!!!!!

Do I need to be thinking job- you bet!!!!! Today- didn't happen.

I will say I am so conflicted about healthcare after Trump got sick . He had best healthcare in world and still issues. I am a lowly healthcare worker and will struggle if I get sick.
I am now rethinking a lot.

What if I get it. I was just frekin lucky last assignment!!!!!

Lots to think about!

On WOE point. Still not down that entire 10 yet after jump in bloat!!!!
Working on it!!!!!
Beautiful here- 84 and BLUE of BLUE skies!!!!!!!
  #1785   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-20, 15:46

BF:

OMG, Jaz! I would not have even answered the door to that "guy" at 9:30 at night! WTH??? Now left and has not come back? What a train wreck. I hope the guy is on the up and up and gets you fixed since you are kind of stuck there.

Nic....yes, today was a beautiful day. Tomorrow is supposed to be chilly & windy. I'm not playing golf, but may get out for a walk at some point, plus a trip to the grocery store.

Had a good visit with the Chiro. Felt like a new woman when I walked out. Hamstring still sore, but won't correct in a minute. It has been out of whack for months, can't expect pain to disappear just like that. She said she would rather if I didn't work out this afternoon.....just let things "settle". I called the trainer and cancelled. I'll see him Friday. She said she has no problem with me walking......doesn't want me to have a lot of impact. I told her that when I run, I shuffle, really not much impact. I'm going back to see her in 2 weeks....she suggested maybe 4 weeks, but we agreed that an adjustment in 2 would be even better. She's not one to keep a person coming back, totally based on the patient's feelings about it.........I need to start going for my regular maintenance appts. like I used to do. That was my choice, not something she required.

Dinner was just leftovers for DH. I just ate a bit of this and that all day.....not the best idea, but there it is.

Have a good evening!