Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1861   ^
Old Tue, Oct-20-20, 16:14

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Nic......thank you for sharing that story about your Dad saving someone today......how fantastic is that??? What an awesome story!

My ribs were very good. I removed the membrane on the underside(easy) so they would fall off the bone when cooked and then seasoned them with salt & pepper and some sweet & spicy seasoning that I had on hand. I wrapped them in foil and put them on a cookie sheet....baked for a bit over 3 hours at 275 degrees. Took them out and brushed on some sugar free BBQ sauce...under the broiler for a few minutes......YUM! I will definitely be making them again.

Busy day for me tomorrow. Massage, trainer & Chiro......ACK!

Have a good evening all!
Sponsored Links
  #1862   ^
Old Wed, Oct-21-20, 05:58

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori you ribs truly sound delish and you sure enjoyed them! Now I want some

Nicco it sounds like you are loving your fall weather! You have a bundle of activity around you

that story with your Dad was super cool. People just letting him lay there and do nothing at all is scary! Thank heavens your Dad had that aptitude to step in and DO something!! Very wild he saved someone!!

Jazz you have to do you! If you accept something just to be 'close' in travel etc. to whomever you are thinking of and that circumstance, you will not be happy at all. You must base this on YOU and what YOU want. While I sure get the other side of it, people 'needing and wanting' you nearby, if you 'settle' you will never be ok with just that. Yea, you will live that life, but in the end, that nagging knowledge of you wanted 'your life to be yours' and do something different will forever haunt ya. You know that.

You do you my friend. Only way you can be happy in life.

------------morning

nothing much doing

hubby driving to Charleston for car delivery with another driver

me and kid got nothing to do....yea some house chores for me but BLAH

think I might make her go out with me somewhere later when she wakes....I don't know, hit the mall with face masks LOL Just for a change of scenery and get the hell out of the house. I can't 'walk' a trail...it ain't happening...ugh.

but all good, just cruising along and all boring at the same time ya know.

I am planning that few days in the rv in the woods, thought of heading into the mts to see fall colors but then my kid said, nah, take me south to warmer weather HAHA So will check some SC and GA state parks and see if I can pick one we haven't been to and just go and relax.

other than that, blah here
be good everyone
  #1863   ^
Old Wed, Oct-21-20, 06:19

BF:

Good Morning!

I hit the ground running this morning. I got up at 4:30 and had coffee and just browsed the internet. A bit before 7 I headed to the grocery store. In and out in under 20 minutes. Zoom!

Back home now and will hit the shower around 10.....massage at 11.....meet with the trainer at 1.......Chiro at 2:30. What a day! It's all good. I need to start moving around more and stop being depressed about not being able to run. I'll play golf tomorrow and walk the golf course, but also need to just get out and walk. My hamstring feels better when I'm moving around. When I sit too long, it really tightens up nasty.

Trig.....hope you can get DD moving to get out and about a bit today. It'll do you both good.

Jaz & Nic......have good days!
  #1864   ^
Old Wed, Oct-21-20, 06:41

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- Totally get the desire for a change in scenery. I am feeling it too. If things get bad in the next few weeks, I am going to Memphis no matter what, even if I drive there and then just sit in the freaking condo. At least it is somewhere different to sit!

Jaz- YAY for voting!! Must feel great! See my voting story below. :/

So reading what you wrote about the other grandparents, you are pretty much their support person. I wonder if you can reassure your daughter that you will still be visiting from time to time, doing FaceTime calls and the like. And hopefully the other grandparents are at least calling or something. I agree with Trig that you should not have your life revolving around them but some reassurance of your continued help and involvement might help. JMO.

Lori- So glad your ribs were so tasty! Aren't they so easy?
I know you have a really busy day today. I hope it goes smoothly! It sounds like my day yesterday- little windows of time between appointments.

•••••••••••

So yesterday was highs and lows.

First, my voting ballot. I have a mail-in ballot and was going to put it in one of the drop boxes. Opened it, read the instructions SO CAREFULLY, got my black pen (and tested it to be sure), took a deep breath and oh so carefully starting coloring in the bubble... and then realized I was coloring in the WRONG BUBBLE. SERIOUSLY??? I cannot even believe I did that. So now I have ruined my ballot and will be calling the election office to see what I should do now. Sigh. Only me!

On a good note, I made chicken teriyaki kabobs last night on the grill, using a homemade LC teriyaki sauce, chicken thighs, baby portobello mushrooms and zucchini. I made four. To say it was a hit was an understatement of epic proportions. The menfolk LOVED THEM. There was not a scrap remaining and DS18 said it was the best thing I had made in recent memory. So HOORAY for that! Always nice to have a hit meal.

Got up on the earlier side for me (these days, life of leisure I live!) so that I can have computer time, work time, walk time. Tomorrow I start back with the baby and even though it is only four hours each time, it is sort of in the middle of the day and makes it harder for me to focus on getting work done. Hoping to pound out a good bit today.

I also need to get some housecleaning done. I've got the robotic vac going in the kitchen and will send it into the LR and DR room as well today, then will vacuum the FR and hallway myself. I have been skittish about vacuuming and such since I hurt my back but it is out of control.

That's about it from here!
  #1865   ^
Old Wed, Oct-21-20, 15:39

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

NIC- Loved your post about the vacuum!!! I am waiting for the one that sweeps, pulls dog hair, empties self, closes bag, and wags trash to dumpster......... Oh wait that is called a wife/husband!!!! HAHAHAH- In my case ME!

I could use an Alice (Brady bunch) in my life!!!! Dang who couldn't. Seems the more we are at home the less gets done? WHAT UP WITH THAT????

Ok I am going to use a Gen Z term.......wait for it....... : I bet your kabobs were SLAPPING!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH..... My Marketing SIL informed me that "cool, stellar, awesome, and such were ...... so OLD..........

SLAPPIN......... OK....... Time for me to go...... HAHAHAH- stuff is still cool beans, cool, stellar, rad. ........ LIKE FOR REAL....... DUH...... Insert eyeball here.......... with big hair!!!!!!

ughhhhhh on the voting....... can you go in person? I did and so glad. It was outside waiting and the weather was RAD, STELLAR, AWESOME (hahahaha) ..... But it was what I wanted......

TRIG- GIRL I SO SO SO get you more than you know with needing change of venue!!!!
Hit up st. Simon and I will be Jelly....OMG I LOVE that place! MAGICAL and still in 80's.....would go back in a heartbeat!!!!!

Surprised you didn't jump in car with hubby to Charleston!!!!
Tell him to pick you and kiddo up in two days!!!!!

Steak tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Have you closed the pool?

Lori-
how does your leg feel today? I am hoping better!!!!!
Goodness girl you get up so early........ wow ........

Does your hubby work every day in the field????????

How is Sis and Beatty doing?
I heard things are on verge again with Covid 2.0-
------------------------------------------------
Tired ..... speed day with kids and littles and got flu shot. I wonder if I really got a shot. She was so fast and I felt nothing I wondered if it wasn't water.......
I know the conspiracy theory in me- if it doesn't hurt it didn't happen!!!!
They were giving "free" shots to those without insurance. I got there early to get it and drove 40 min. Did I really get a shot or water? Terrible to think that. Seriously I have never had a shot in 1 sec. If my arm hurts tomorrow that will be a good thing.
I know I know......... Conspiracy .......

Tomorrow DD/ My EX ands wife comes for his yearly visit. (seriously- on MY time that !~#$%#~) So I wrote GIGI GIGI GIGI all over the house. HAHAHAHAH
He hasn't seen kids in over a year. They won't know him.

So- Had a talk with DD, she apologized for pushing so hard. I told her hey look I have 10 years left to build that nest egg for myself...... I have to do what I have to do. I love her and the kids and support her and she agreed. She just said how much she loved me here and seeing me reading and playing with kids. I agree.....
Love it......... but will still go...... now its good.

It is turning into a lovely Fall here. When I am outta the basement it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! low 8-/hight 70's and DEEP blue skies and whispy clouds. Trees are turning and just nice!!!!

Tomorrow I know I need to take morning and job browse...... Covid 2.0 is looking very ugly and so I am adjusting where I look. thinking about pulling back a bit from travel that would put me right back on Covid floor........
I can't tell you how much I HATE this virus.

You know though.... IF I don't find what I WANT....... I will be ok until Jan.... Feb..... I am doing ok...
I am not panicking just need some purpose......

OFF to find SOMETHING TO WATCH..... suggestions please.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Oct-21-20 at 15:44.
  #1866   ^
Old Thu, Oct-22-20, 03:34

BF:

Lori my knee is the same. moving around a bit it loosens, stop for a while and the sucker tightens up like crazy. Lousey feeling isn't it LOL but we will heal eventually! You sure had a busy day, moving and shaking and getting things done!

Nicco, yea, go on a trip and sit in a different house HAHA but I hear ya, I tell ya I need that change of scenery bad like you

Go slow on vacuuming cause I have to say, vacuuming can get your back, cause it does mine. I use that extension and bend alot sucking up along the baseboards and more and when I straighten up, omg my back is rotten sometimes after that...I am to where I am near hate vacuuming anymore LOL

Your kaboobs sound delish and a big hit! One for the lc cookbook for ya!

Jazz, glad you and DD talked cause that is true, your timeline for 'retirement bucks' is closing in on ya and when older, you need every damn dime you bank if ya wanna live decent! So yea super important truly!

No on that trip to Charleston. It is turn and burn. It is just like 12 hrs in the car total for this trip with him dealing with customer for a few hours and then flip home. The other car has to come back now ya know, not like we can take a day and get a hotel room and enjoy it. So these trips are out and back in one shot. He said I could go on trips with him but I ain't doing that kinda trip LOL my azz couldn't take it

You do have time to think of a position you want. Told ya, get a 'fancy azz high dollar Dr. office' in the beachy area and work easy and good without big exposure. It would be a start for a few years even to get thru the covid crap where you can just consider a career change later. Just don't 'buy a house'....rent something cheaper in the area and live great. You got options girl!

SO HUBBY woke me at 2:30 am getting in his shower and he left very early to go to GA....like 5 hrs one way with work so now I am up. tried hard to go back to sleep but no...once up I am up..omg gonna be a long azz day to the max. ugh.

zc going well. all fine there. just 1.5 lbs gone for October but fine with that. if lucky the scale gods will give me another 1/2 lb sometime LOL whatever, I feel fab anyway ya shake it. So 'over dieting' and 'scale' ya know and just eating zc and letting changes happen as they happen. pressure off me that way and I like it

today, no idea. some chores. this and that and I already feel so damn tired and I feel like I ain't gonna wake up thru the day, so a nap later probably. put on tv and just fall alseep watching that crap LOL will see.

over and out and be good everyone. 5:30 am here and gotta go find me something to do HAHA

ugh
  #1867   ^
Old Thu, Oct-22-20, 05:18

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig is the early bird this morning. I stayed in bed till nearly 7 o'clock! Gabby was outside last night as it was so warm. She is in now and has had her breakfast and bath....now time to nap.

I got thru all my appts yesterday. OMG....the massage....45 minutes on just the back of my left leg from big toe to a$$. There were some super owie moments. I'm going back next week and have her do a full body massage with extra time on the hamstrings of both legs.

The workout with the trainer was good. I have 3 more sessions to go with him. i have to decide if I'm going to rejoin that gym. I really haven't gotten my money's worth this past month. I haven't gone except on days I meet with the trainer. I may join at the cheapest rate that just includes the gym and some of the stretch and bend classes etc. Decisions, decisions.

Then it was off to the Chiro. I'm telling you....she is worth her weight in gold. When I told her about driving the golf cart from the wrong side, she totally agreed with that being at least part of the problem. She said she treats many mail carriers who drive from the right side of their cars that have hip issues. She adjusted my hips in ways that she hasn't before and I feel like we made good progress. I'll go back in 3 weeks and let her have another "crack" at me! (See what I did there? )

This morning I'm heading to the golf course. It is supposed to be near 80 today!! I can't pass up a day like this. Nearly the end of October and I'm going to wear shorts to play golf! Awesome!

Trig....hope you find something to get into today. I'm sure something will pop up.

Jaz....I'm so glad you had a heart to heart with your DD and she understands where you're coming from. You are exactly right, you need to plan for your retirement and sock away as much $$ as you can.

Nic.....sorry about the mix-up with your ballot. Hope you can get it resolved without too much hassle.

Ok....I'm out. Another cup of coffee and maybe a bite of something. Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Oct-22-20 at 05:30.
  #1868   ^
Old Thu, Oct-22-20, 08:58

BF:

Good Morning as I am becoming more of a late comer to the party now!

Yea- DD and I really hashed it out. I saw her point and she saw mine. It was good to talk. So I will not have guilty feelings when I fly this coop!!!!

Yup- Changing gears to look more into a sweet Dr. Office job like Trig suggested. I just can't bring myself to walk back into the belly of the beast again. Rough......
So....... Will browse a bit today!

Trig- I hear ya on sitting for so long in a car!!!!
So what did you DO to your knee? Age wear and tear????- does anything help? Have you tried Tumeric? Is it inflamed?
Getting up at 5 am does make for one long A$$ day!!!!

Going to be pretty and warm, maybe you can get in a walk- or take your mom to the grocery or something!
How is kiddo doing with school these days? No news is good news.

You are if not, pretty close to goal I would think! Any new trip on horizon?
Parks in your own house on wheels is SO the way to roll!!!!!! I could so do that life style......
What was the park that you like near the beach???? You have a spot you like too! Did you say that was a private camp group?

Lori- OMG your massages sound amazing. I am still too nervous about being that "close" to someone. But hey we have to have sense about it all ya know! My area is a "HOT SPOT"....... Maybe yours is not.
Does your leg feel better? So glad you found the culprit!!!! Interesting about the mail people and their hips and legs!!!!

Truly enjoy your golf today!!! Going to be 80 and pure sunshine today too!!!!!!- LOVE IT IN OCT.
Are your leaves turning?????

Whats for dinner? I love to read what you gals make!!!!!

NIC-- Yea I hate to hear about that ballot too!!!!! Can you go in person? It wasn't bad here in person- we all waited outside until it was our turn. And then we were spaced out. Still everyone except one JERK was a wearing mask.
That is SO annoying to see people "expressing their "right" to not wear a mask. Had hard it it to just put one on??????
Soap box for me......

I assume things are just humming along fine and I am so happy for you in that!!!!
We love quiet for a change!
Is DS21 still going to NYC in Nov? Maybe I missed that post.

So what are you eating today?!!!! Walking today?
I love you are in a 30 mile /30 day challenge!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner......steak filet and a king crab leg tonight. Surf and turf. The crab leg is about 12 long and thick with a knuckle........ OMG yes please. The steak is Prime filet........ Got my steaks trimmed and bagged in 6 oz portions and read for eating! I have about 14 of them in freezer. I am still eating well!!!! Freezer packed with meat and seafood!!!!
Have bacon cooked up and in fridge if I get munchies. It is like candy!!!!!

Beautiful today- seriously pretty! I am going to get a walk in at some point today. Lace up those shoes and get in some movement!!!

Need to find a place to get Bella's nails trimmed.
Also on the TO DO list: Job browse.
SUNSHINE FIRST........ AMAZING what sun does for me.... Now just need some sand and water!

Ok......... do one thing kind to yourself today!!!!!!!

Hey BLUE..........
  #1869   ^
Old Thu, Oct-22-20, 12:43

BF:

Back from the golf course, showered and cold beer in hand. OMG.....it was HOT out there! Who would have thought that we'd be searching for shade on the course while playing golf at the end of October?! 80 degrees and full sun....amazing.

My hip is SO much better! It is still a bit sore from the adjustment, but my range of motion is much better. Another good thing...my golf swing is better. Shots going straighter etc. I was pulling everything to the left for the past couple months and it was driving me crazy.....not today.

DH is in charge of dinner tonight. That means it's submarine sandwich night. Once a week that is our "thing". Glad I walked 4 miles on the golf course today....high carb dinner for me.

I may take a little nap before dinner. Feeling pretty sleepy right now.

Hope it's been a good day for everyone!
  #1870   ^
Old Thu, Oct-22-20, 17:45

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho!

It's Thursday Evening. Hope you all are well!

Jaz- They *were* slapping! That made me laugh out loud for real. So funny! My youngest would tell me to STOP that right now. lol

Glad you and DD talked and she understands where you are coming from and what you need to do.

How was the job browsing? I saw King Crab at Costco and felt jealous of you. I did get some Philip's Jumbo Lump though!

Lori- I am so glad that your leg is feeling better! That is fantastic news. How great will it be if you have figured it out and it heals up fast?

Also, yes it was hot today! I've worn shorts and a tee now two days in a row. Crazy!

Trig- You also had me because you typed "kaboobs" instead of kabobs! Too funny! My SoIL's name is Bobby and every now and again I type his name as Booby lol

Did ya get a nap? Otherwise that would make for a long day!

•••••••••••

Ballot- Got a call back from Board of Elections. I will go and pick up another ballot on Saturday. I will fill mine out right then and then put it in their locked drop box so I know it gets to where it needs to go. I'll drop DS18's as well- he already filled his out.

Walking goal- Only 2.5 miles to go on my 35 mile challenge! I'll knock it out by the end of the weekend. Hooray! It served me well bc I am quite sure I otherwise would not have walked that much.

Feeling bloated the past two days. No idea why. On another note, I an thinking about getting a CGM through Nutrisense. A 14 day trial one. I think I would learn so much from using one. Possibly for the first half of December bc I don't want to travel with it on.

DS21- Not going to NYC in November. Graduating college in December and then working from home for a while because things are still remote.

I was back to work today for the first time in two weeks. OMG the baby grew even more. Shocks the crap out of me every time! It was nice to see him again and I can definitely see the developmental leaps he has made from one visit to the next. His Mom is so nice too. I will miss talking to her when I don't see them anymore.

That is more or less it for here- Food today was a collagen coffee, and also a coffee with Kitu flavored creamer. At 1, I had a meat stick and half a keto bar. Early dinner was the toppings off one slice of pizza (cheese and pepperoni), a beef filet (probably 7-8 oz) and 1/3 pint of Enlightened ice cream.
After dinner, a 3.1 mile walk.
  #1871   ^
Old Fri, Oct-23-20, 05:22

BF:

Nicco....booby too funny

congrats on knocking out that walking goal you set!

no nap, but I hit the hay earlier than normal and it was a long darn day HA

Sounds like everything is going well for you and everything in its place.....love when that goes down Hope your DH is out of stress mode about work. Omg I despise any kind of stress on me anymore. When in it, it is like you forget how great life can be without it I won't put myself into stress mode voluntarily more, run Forrest run from stress HAHA

Lori....a beer in hand hey? OK I want one!!

Super cool your chiro etc. is getting you put back into better shape and working on those aches/pains. It sucks rocks when we are off and hurting! Glad you are improving!!

Jazz, no private camp ground thing....I like State Park campgrounds vs. the privately owned campgrounds. State park ones puts you more in nature in a way, cause privately owned ones have 'kiddie events', pools and more amenities geared at kids/families, which is great but I just don't get the use out of them...we like state parks and nature and NO commotion. Private owned cgs are more pricey cause of that extra stuff which me and hubby don't need anymore. We did more of those, like Jellystore campgrounds for kid when she was little. All geared at kids but thankfully those days are over doing 'camping for kiddie stuff' LOL state parks, COEs, national forest campgrounds are quiet and simple. that is what I require. I just want nothing around me that isn't natural ya know. Edisto Beach State Park is one of the best for a beach park that we hit and we been to quite a few different ones. Huntington Beach State Park is fab too. Oh...I could ramble forever on camping HAHA

you sound like me Jazz....what surf and sand does for me is amazing and SUNSHINE and hotter weather is a must. I turn into a zombie in colder gray, cloudy, icky weather real fast.....I function on heat and sun LOL Makes a monster difference for me like night and day. I sure get that!

filet and crab leg.....omg. I know that was great!

Hey everyone

off to moms for visit and shop, usual

hubby driving somewhere in NC to deliver a truck to a customer.

when home few chores as usual. slept good last night too frekkin' tired to anything but that HA

usual day mostly here. cloudy kinda, rain coming? I don't know...don't care right now. bored mostly. nothing is catching my attention to do and the hiking I want to do, I can't do yet so.....just stuck in boredom cycle around here. I wish I could get passionate about doing something, ALL I WANNA do is truly travel LOL ugh...no biggie, just getting thru the days I guess like everyone

had to fight off eating the whole damn pantry of kid junk last night. you know what saved me, I hate the crap I buy for her. Thankfully she hasn't wanted any junk bought that we both like lately, so I wandered around the kitchen and was like, all hell that ain't worth eating, this ain't worth eating, I hate that, despise that crap she likes.....so there was nothing I liked, not even remotely. And being later in the evening, I wasn't gonna fry up a mess of french fries which I wanted HAHA cause hell that was too much like work!! Happy that NOT wanting to cook and clean up after a kitchen mess meant I wasn't gonna put in the time to eat off plan doing that much work LOL
So I ate salami, few slim jims, nibbled on some cheese while I was trying to find carb junk to eat.....by the time I got done looking that other food made me happy enough and then I thought, hell I will eat a monster azz steak later tomorrow so why bother eating anything else now. OK MY little tricks are working well in not eating off plan!! Whew....finally after all these years I can truly get a handle so much faster on wanting to cave. So far so good on it all....just doing my thing. All seems fine now. Bored and tired is a bad combo for me HAHA

over and out and be good everyone
  #1872   ^
Old Fri, Oct-23-20, 06:04

BF:

Good Morning!

Ahh....slept in again till nearly 7! Did kind of have a restless night and was up at 3 with the boss of the house(Gabby). I noticed DH was restless too...I think it was just a bit warm in the bedroom, even with the window open. Window open at the end of October? Love it!

Today I meet with the trainer at 11. Other than that, I'm just going to putter around the house doing laundry etc. I think DH is going to be busy most of the day, so he won't be hanging around. He brought more apples home for me to make applesauce, so I could get into that too. Just an easy day.

Trig.....I like the sound of your State Park campgrounds. No commotion.....love it! We camped when I was a kid and then I liked the pools & games etc, but not now. Even when our kids were young, we would go camping sometimes to the places that had water slides etc. They loved it and it gave us some R & R time while they were tearing around. Now I could just sit and look at the ocean and walk the beach all day and then have a good seafood dinner at night....perfect!

Ok, I need some more coffee and to start my puttering. Have good days!
  #1873   ^
Old Fri, Oct-23-20, 10:16

BF:

dot....... Back in a bit to edit and write something!!!!! HAHAHAH- back in about 2 hours ........ running errands!!!
  #1874   ^
Old Fri, Oct-23-20, 16:33

BF:

Well a couple of hours turned into all day!

DD is tied up with her dad and SM for the next few days . So I ventured into Greenville to explore. Wow the city has expanded since I lived here, yet it seems the same. NO desire to move back.

As a matter fact I gave notice I leaving here Nov. 30- 30 days earlier that I said. The mold smell, damp smell, SMELL- I can't breathe. It is definitely this place. The sewer smell is still lightly here too. It is all toxic. I leave and go to DD, or just out and I can breathe. Within minutes of being here I am congested and head is full. I am highly allergic to mold- I smell that too. It is a dank, dark, moldy , dated, DARK BASEMENT- no can do - got to go. It is all I can do to say though Nov.
The toilet is falling off the floor. I even have to be mindful of that..... I feel I am going to hit the floor when I sit. Oh and the shower- fills up a foot when taking a shower- does not drain- I am so GROSSED out I have tried, truly I have tried to put lipstick on the pig!!!!!!!

Gave notice. I will be refunded for Dec.

Sooooooooooooo
I am looking where I want to go.
Checking out St. Simon, Ohio, and Destin Fl.
I told my DD and she was sad I won't be here in Dec. for Christmas.
There is NO place around here affordable and we are talking Clemson. $$$$ Not even a beach and the place is $$$$

So I will make the most of the time I am here and go! I have checked out St. Simon. There is a place but it is top of budget but only 5 hours away- vs Destin 10 hours away.

My son is in the mist of buying a house, so it would be nice to help him move in- but I would stay somewhere else. For his sake and mine! HAHAHAHAH
But I dunno- Ohio in Dec............ urghhhhhh

I will work all weekend on this project and get it figured out. I have a bit of time and all. That is going to be priority this weekend.

Sorry......... I didn't mean to be Debbie downer truly. Actually I have had a good day getting out of this basement and walking around in some sunshine!
The trees are turning a pretty amber and it was just nice to get out......

Had left over crab cakes...... yup- made them.
NIC- those crab legs you saw in a bo at Costco- yup I sure did buy those. MY GOSH they are huge....... My freezer packed with those, and steak!

Talked to a friend I haven't spoken with for a minute....... we picked up where we left off!!!!!!! I worked with her in ATl. She was my SW- she is a great gal. She called and we chatted up like old times. She is one of the gals I would do brunch with once a month.

Forgive me for not doing personals tonight- I am tired and need to clean up kitchen and toss clothes in dryer.
Got a great Italian wine. I learned that Wines from Spain, France, Italy, and Argentina- do not give headaches and make you feel bad. they are made without pesticides, low sulfates, and has volcanic ash in the soil. That is why they drink all day- HAHAHAH-
Too $$$ to do that but a bottle here and there is a nice healthy gift to self. It also tase so different- they do!

Ok- need to decompress and watch some mindless TV and take out Bella before it gets dark .

Personals tomorrow- !!!!!!!!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Oct-23-20 at 18:18.
  #1875   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-20, 05:09

BF:

Lori, same here on 'activities for kiddies' and what an adult wants, peace and quiet mostly HA I sure get that!!

hope your puttering day went well....puttering, love that word

Jaz, crap how in the hell are ya gonna make it thru til end of Nov in that dump? sorry, you make it sound like a dump LOL but yea, you have a date now which is good! A date to leave the basement and move into the sunlight!!!! Just truly think where you will thrive, I tell ya a 'job' at any good Dr practice can be had by you cause of your great credentials! You decide where you want to live, then get a job. Any old job that suits you to bring in some bucks, get you back in the game, living good and income and if it doesn't suit, you can make more decisions later down the line.

We are only locked into any situation in our life if we allow it. You can unlock and bob and weave and manuever forward thru your life any way ya want!! Cool

hey Nicco!

for me it is all going good
got home late from moms. omg so hungry. hoovered down a big steak which was delish, ate a ton of taylor ham on the side. Could only do a burger after that later meal for the day.

I got into my kid's junior miss jeans. Put them on by mistake LOL I thought, WTH? why are these jeans a tad tight? Felt too tight for me and how I like my jeans but I wore them anyway. Got home later and wondered why they seemed 'so small' in size when I held them up and checked the label. Junior Miss jeans, they were the kiddo's jeans that look like mine HAHA
cool I thought but a tad too tight for me, back to my jeans LOL

just cruising along. this and that. here and there

be good everyone