Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-03, 18:31
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Wbahn is a wonderful mentor.... unfortunately he is busy with some other things going on in his life at the present. We hope he'll be back with us on a regular basis very soon!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 23:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/265/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Kim...How are you doing? Are you feeling any better about things. I wonder if you are getting any hidden carbs. Do you use the keto-stix?

Hang in there....trust me it is worth it. The stall ends with a whoosh...remind me of that next time I stall!!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 07:24

Stats: 155/112/107 Female 5'3"
BF:?
Progress: 90%
Unhappy still no change

Hi Pink

Unfortunately, still no change. I am using the keto stix which in the past had always turned pink. Now, they barely turn anything at all!!! I have cut my carb intake to the point that I'm just about back to induction.

Two eggs, two sausage links, decaf w/ sweet n low = breakfast
Lunch will usually consist of either a salad, tuna w/ lettuce or left overs from the night before.

Dinner is normally some type of chicken w/ two veggies.

Approx. 120 oz. of water per day.

Usually no snack but if I do it's celery w/ cream cheese.

Still exercising 5 times/week.

So do you see my frustration?

Kim
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 12:18

BF:

Hi Kim...I see your frustration...looks like you are doing everything right. Sometimes when I have too many vegis it pushes me up to the lightest on the keto stix. Keep at it. The only thing I can promise you is that if you keep doing everything right you will reap the rewards. Also, if you go back to your former way of eating you will probably feel worse. I know when I eat something that I shouldn't have I feel bloated and ugly.

You are probably gaining a lot of muscle as well. Hang is there girl!
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 13:51

Default Thank You

Pink:

You're such a sweetie. Thanks so much for your encouragement. I'm just so down over this. I work so hard at the gym and watch everything that I eat....maybe I should ease up a little. How long do you think a stall can possibly last? Worse case scenario???

Kim
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 14:10
Starting Over!

Quote:
How long do you think a stall can possibly last? Worse case scenario???
Do you really want the answer to that???
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 17:18

BF:

When I asked that question the answer scared me to death!!! My longest stall has been 3-4 weeks. I have heard that some people can go several months and then all the fat falls off and they say 'Thank God I stuck with it!'

My Dr. says it is not up to me it is up to my body so I need to quit stressing and being angry about it. Hope that helps.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 19:59
Starting Over!

I just lost 2# after a 4 month stall. Another member here, Agonycat, stalled for 8 months. There are many others who are stalled longer even, but they don't worry about it...they just keep plugging away!

THANK GOD I STUCK WITH IT!!!! (As if I had any choices! )
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 20:15

Default Pink again

I can't thank all of you enough for all of your posts. They really and truly are a great help!

One thing has changed as of tonight. My keto stix finally turned pink again for some strange reason. Does that mean my stall is in the home stretch? I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up yet. We'll just wait and see.

I did go to my step class tonight like I usually do on Wednesdays. and Mondays, and Tuesdays and Saturdays! Guess all I can do is keep chuggin along.

Thanks again. You guys are great!

Kim
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 14:43

Stats: 187/187/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Stalled

Hey all.. This is my first time here and I was just SO happy that I wasn't the ONLY one that was in the same Stalled boat.. I thought I was going crazy .. I have been doing everything right .. according to the diet (pretty sure) and have stayed in intro stage (less than 20 carbs) since the start.. I have lost 10 lbs.. and then Nothing... My husband who is doing this along with me.. has lost over 20 lbs.. All tho I am so happy for him.. my stall makes me think, my body just doesn't like me

I do, however, feel so much better.. and even the 10lbs off looks so much better.. so I guess I should be happy.

Good luck to all of us.. and thanx for the support
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 21:47
Starting Over!

I started out at about the same weight as you....and as I recall I stalled for quite a while after my initial loss of 10-12#. Then I lost. Then I stalled. Then I lost. Then I stalled. Get the picture?? Some people are just that way, and I'm definitely one of them. Maybe you are too. So, I've learned to live through the stalls without too much angst and then I'm always THRILLED with a 1-2# loss!! Ahhh...the things some people take for granted!
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 14:33

Plan: PPLP
Stats: 235/178/165
BF:
Progress: 81%
Talking Stalls

Stalls are the most frustrating part of any LC plan. It has certainly been my expirence that you lose alot initially, then it slows, then you stall, then you lose, then you stall, then you lose again. Some of the things that have helped me during a stall are 5 days of cardio(I prefer the stairmaster for 30-60 mins.) in a row followed by a 2 day break, weight training, and staying at or below 30grms in carbs. Cutting out protien powder (for some reason this really works when I've stalled), limiting my caffine intake and drinking LOTS of decaf GREEN tea really helps. Another thing that has helped break stalls for me is keeping things natural and by that I mean avoiding processed foods. I stick to meat, veggies(raw if possible), and fruit and water only. The final thing that has helped me kill stalls is limiting my caloric intake to 10 times my body weight in calories, so right now I am down to 178lbs that means I eat 1780 calories daily, no more and certaily NO less. Once things start moving again I slowly ease off my restrictions and the wieght loss continues. I have been on the Intervention phase of the PPLP since June 21, 2002 and plan to remain on it until my target of 165Lbs is reached sometime this spring. This has helped be lose 57lbs so far. I hope this helps.
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 16:51

Stats: 187/187/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Post stalled

thanx for all the help and support

I have a few ideas to "tweek" the plan and kick start the old down turn again... I hope it works... but if not... I know that I am still better off... and will Stick with it... stalls and all...

I guess if the road wasn't bumpy... we wouldn't really enjoy the ride....

Thanx again...
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 15:32

BF:

MJacob....those are great tips...thank you so much. I had never heard many of them before! Thanks again, I will use them again and again.
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 17:28
Registered Member

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

I have been reading 3 pages of posts on stalls and thought that I would add in my voice. I have been in a month stall on the scale, but my clothes are a lot looser. My size 8 and 10's are hanging on me and my size 6's almost fit. I do not weigh to often, and if I do only in the morning. I think if you weight twice a day, your asking to be disappointed. Water weights 8.8Lbs per gallon. I also know that it took me two years to gain the weight. Hopefully it will not take me two years to loss it. I have been on this WOE since Sept and have lost 20 pounds.