Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-14, 18:24

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

So love reading the NSV. You guys, keep it up.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-14, 18:33

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 232.8/210/185 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
The other day I told my wife that I needed another pair of khaki pants and she found a pair yesterday at the right price and picked them up for me. I held them up and took a look at them. They were definitely too small. I told her "Thanks dear, but I don't think I'll be fitting these for a while. Maybe 2 or 3 months from now." But just to be sure, I tried them on anyway. Turns out they were just about ready for prime time. They fit good -- just a little too tight around the waist (maybe 1/2 an inch to small). I guess my head is a few sizes behind my body at the moment. It is going to take a while to adjust.

But seriously...how awesome did that feel???
  #153   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-14, 19:25
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapgirl
But seriously...how awesome did that feel???

I will admit -- it was pretty darn awesome. The funny thing is that I am well versed in wearing pants that are a little too tight. But that was the cue that I needed to hurry up and get the next size larger before I popped a button or split the seam. This constantly shrinking thing is kind of new to me. No wonder my brain is having trouble registering it.

Last edited by khrussva : Wed, Oct-22-14 at 08:51.
  #154   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-14, 20:09

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

This could turn into one of those never-ending threads and it would give a lot of people ideas about how to get their motivation and validation from sources other than a tape or scale.
  #155   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-14, 08:32

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

This is a great thread. I enjoy living vicariously reading these stories, because I've reached a place (a good one) where nothing much changes any more. The shrinking clothes stories are fun. Reminds me of when a sales associate looked me up and down and said "are you sure you want to try on a skirt in that size?" I was mortified and sheepishly asked if I was too big for it. She looked at me with a puzzled expression and said "No, you're too small for it, here take this" and she handed me one that was two (yes, two) sizes smaller. I reluctantly took it into the changing room just to be polite, but feeling ridiculous with this tiny little thing in my hand. To my amazement she was right, the smaller skirt fit. Our changing bodies really do take some getting used to. It can take a while to see ourselves as others see us. Congratulations to all of you who are having this problem
  #156   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-14, 16:16

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

The XL scrubs I bought the end of August are getting quite baggy. I have to keep hiking up the elastic waist pants and rolling the waistband to keep them up.
  #157   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-14, 21:21

You're down to a large, at over 200 pounds? I wish I was that small at that weight.
  #158   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-14, 21:48

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

At 210 I was in a 1x moving toward a 2x Yikes!! That's when I saw some pics my family took and said, who is that fat lady?
That did it!!
Now I am in a large and a few mediums. YEA
It's not over until the fat lady sings and I'm not singing yet....
  #159   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-14, 13:29

Plan: Keto
Stats: 227.7/211.8/160 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Just had to share and figured this was the best place for it. I went to my appointment for the doc to check out the varicose veins on the back of my leg. Surprisingly enough both of my legs are bad and need the procedure done. Anyway, as he was getting up to leave I asked him what caused this to happen. He rattled off a few things, pregnancy, genetics, standing for long periods of time etc. I asked him if being overweight would cause them. He says…”Yes definitely. But your not overweight”

I almost fell off my chair. I’ve never had a doctor say that to me before.

Then we talked for 10 more minutes about the way I eat and his only concern was whether or not it was sustainable. I told him it has to be…I’m never going back to that weight again!
  #160   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-14, 13:54
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

That is a priceless NSV... one of those magic moments that you will never forget. You have accomplished so much in an amazingly short period of time. Nice going.
  #161   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-14, 15:26

We've compared our many similarities and now I noticed a new one. I used to have "Onward and Downward" in my sig, too. I'm pretty much where you are and I'm in plenty of 1xs and am happy to be in a large when I can. Are you taller than 5'4"?
  #162   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-14, 08:01

BF:

Ann, I should measure my height. If anything I have shrunk in height...LOL I hear how that happens but I haven't measured in a few years.
  #163   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-14, 22:26

Well, then, darn it, I want to wear a large, too.
  #164   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-14, 22:28

I went and had my hair colored today and my stylist was wowed. She said, "Whoa, look at you! You look great". I felt so good. My sister and husband tell me all the time, but it's great to hear it from those who don't see me all the time. Then, this evening, our neighbor came over to talk to my husband and when I walked across the yard to join them, he was all surprised and congratulatory, too. It really helps.

Last edited by CallmeAnn : Sat, Oct-25-14 at 07:20.
  #165   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-14, 12:02

BF:

Ann, Isn't it nice when it becomes obvious. I love the disappearing double chin..
Then the overlapping stomach that isn't doing that anymore is also a good reward. The unibreast that went from the top down and seeing a waist again is so great. I have gotten rid of so many tops now that are so long in front because the shrinking stomach isn't there to hold it up anymore.
When people haven't seen you in a while, there is an element of shock on their face.
More shock to come!!!