Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-14, 14:35
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 215/210/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Bugujo - Boy, that bathtowel thing was what made me first realize years ago that I was really getting pudgy (all the while I was ignoring the clothing sizes and the mirror of course). It was so depressing to no longer be able to get a standard towel around even the waist. I had a "bath sheet" that I used until it went threadbare, then realized I would just have to stick with beach towels if I wanted to be wrapped up (and walking room to room naked was not high on my list).
That will be a welcome sign of progress, though it is slow in coming.
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-14, 16:28

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

Anguwa, isn't it amazing how we adapt as we gain weight. Total denial.
  #138   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-14, 21:16
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 215/210/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Yep, total denial even when you "know" otherwise.

I kept thinking, oh it isn't "that" much extra weight. Until I saw myself in photos that is. Photos don't lie.
  #139   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-14, 21:26

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugujo
Anguwa, isn't it amazing how we adapt as we gain weight. Total denial.

YES. totally. I ACTUALLY said to a girlfriend on the phone, "Yeah, my boobs are getting bigger and bigger, but not the rest of me! It's so weird!"...ummm, yeah. The boobs weren't the ONLY thing getting BIGGER!!! Great delusion!
  #140   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-14, 22:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169.2/137/149 Female 69inches
BF:
Progress: 159%

Ok I have a totally quirky NSV..which is both good and bad...we had a community yard sale this weekend...I had clothes sz 4-6 for sale....2 women were the only ones small enough for my clothes. they both bought a few items..I will donate the clothes left to the domestic violence shelter in my city.. so its a win -win...but I smiled when my dh said "Babe most of the wome were too big for your clothes"
  #141   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-14, 08:27

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%

We had our Canadian Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday, and several times I overhear family comment on how great I looked, and how much weight I had lost!
  #142   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 10:55

Plan: Keto
Stats: 185.8/157.4/135 Female 5'4""
BF:
Progress: 56%

I had my first NSV since restarting on 9/15. I was able to wear a suit to work that I haven't been able to wear in MONTHS. On 9/15 I couldn't get the pants over my hips. On 10/1, I couldn't button them. Just last week, I could button them but would not be caught dead in them in public. But today, I'm wearing the suit! Admittedly, this suit used to be my baggy suit and it is far from baggy but I'm willing to bet that this time next month, it'll be falling off of me!
  #143   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 10:57

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Clothing is better than scales or tape measures. So happy for you. I'm sure you're right, it will be back to being your baggy suit by this time next month.
  #144   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 12:37

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I had a job interview on Thursday, so I was trying on a new outfit at the store. The girl kept having to go down in sizes to find something that fit me properly. Finally she said, you walked in with such baggy clothes, you fooled me - get rid of those baggy clothes, you look great!
  #145   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 12:44

Plan: IF
Stats: 198.5/178/140 Female 60"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatt
I had a job interview on Thursday, so I was trying on a new outfit at the store. The girl kept having to go down in sizes to find something that fit me properly. Finally she said, you walked in with such baggy clothes, you fooled me - get rid of those baggy clothes, you look great!

Nice NSV. Well done! Look at what you have accomplished!
  #146   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 13:37

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Yeah, baggy clothes can sabotage your self image and motivation.
  #147   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 15:55

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:

Great story!
  #148   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 19:01

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:

I keep doing that too, overestimating my size...funny
It's hard getting used to wearing a smaller size. I even bought a shirt that I thought fit until I brought it home and realized that it was too long and too loose.
  #149   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 19:27
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

The other day I told my wife that I needed another pair of khaki pants and she found a pair yesterday at the right price and picked them up for me. I held them up and took a look at them. They were definitely too small. I told her "Thanks dear, but I don't think I'll be fitting these for a while. Maybe 2 or 3 months from now." But just to be sure, I tried them on anyway. Turns out they were just about ready for prime time. They fit good -- just a little too tight around the waist (maybe 1/2 an inch to small). I guess my head is a few sizes behind my body at the moment. It is going to take a while to adjust.

Last edited by khrussva : Tue, Oct-21-14 at 09:53.
  #150   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 20:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169.2/137/149 Female 69inches
BF:
Progress: 159%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
The other day I told my wife that I needed another pair of khaki pants and she found a pair yesterday at the right price and picked them up for me. I held them up and took a look at them. They were definitly too small. I told her "Thanks dear, but I don't think I'll be fitting these for a while. Maybe 2 or 3 months from now." But just to be sure, I tried them on anyway. Turns out they were just about ready for prime time. They fit good -- just a little too tight around the waist (maybe 1/2 an inch to small). I guess my head is a few sizes behind my body at the moment. It is going to take a while to adjust.

woohoo!!