Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 09:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/132/115 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 51%

LOL! Actually, no. I'd lose 25% of my mark if I didn't take it on time.... I got to school ahead of time and studied with others. The exam is written. It was easier than I thought it would be, and I had it written and reviewed in under 15 minutes. I don't think I got 100% on it, but I still feel good about it...

The kid just came down and had some lipton chicken noodle soup. She's been sleeping all morning. She's now back upstairs and sleeping again. I hope this is a quick bug and that she's up on her feet soon.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 09:39
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Sorry the youngster is sick. Chicken soup should help. That cures everything.
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 11:04
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

What's up singles? I think this will be the first day in a week and a half that I leave on time. *knock on wood* Actually I have to leave on time. I'm meeting up with my gf for some pedicure girl talk.

This is the gf who was dating the idiot who caused all those issues at work. They broke up because he wasn't willing to work at the relationship and now wants her back. I'd like to tell her to dump him but that usually backfires.
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 12:23
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?

Steven decided to skip school today, too. By way of the emergency room.

He's going to be fine, he just needs 2 weeks on antibiotics.

I finally got coffee.
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 13:21
empress of fashion

BF:

You have way more restraint than I do, Nets. I was always the gf that the bfs didn't like. I was the one holding up the "dump him!" sign at every opportunity. Fortunately MOST of my gf's ended up marrying nice men. Most of them.

I have more soup, Tater.
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 14:54

BF:

Ok... A little vomit for a day is better than needing antibiotics for 2 weeks... I hope he feels better soon Tater.

Nets, I'm with Iowa on this... I tend to be the one to say 'move on'... I hope you will be able to be more diplomatic that I usually am... Somewhere in my brain, diplomacy means "say something with a 2x4"... lol
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 15:06
Fully Caffeinated

nets- just tell her you'll give her a gift certificate to replace him.
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 15:16

BF:

ROFMAO!!! hehehehehe Touché! Touché!
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 20:24
empress of fashion

BF:

A gift certificate! What a great idea! Wish my gfs had made that kind of offer to me when I was seeing my ex. I'm pretty sure I would've dumped him for a Big Mac and fries.
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-07, 06:06
empress of fashion

BF:

Morning, singles. We have an appointment, later this morning with the counselor (ex, me and Sweetpea). Last session she suggested we come up with some things we would like to see changed in the other parent. It was difficult to narrow down but here it is:
1. provide a bedroom for the girls
2. encourage Sweetpea to look at the positives

That last one just hit me last night. My ex likes to commiserate with SP. She complains about living here, whines to him and he then makes it his mission to rescue her. I have spoken to her about how things are different at this household and her father's and she tells me that he doesn't get as concerned about things as we do - like wether her socks match or not. Thats fine. To a child this is a big issue, however an adult should not turn it into a huge dilemma and threaten court proceeds to address it. So! #2 is kind of multi-faceted - not only is it to stop his encouraging her to be unhappy but hopefully it will help her to see that things aren't as dire as she tends to believe.
She doesn't particularly like school, either, so hopefully by our focusing on positives we can make many things in her life look a whole lot better.
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-07, 06:48

BF:

Good luck Iowa! Here is some fresh coffee for you. Hopefully you'll all make lots of progress.

*focusing on the positive...
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-07, 09:39
Fully Caffeinated

From a non-socks-matching parent.... he needs to quit making small issues into tools used to try to alienate her from you. There's a HUGE leap between simply stating "It doesn't bother me if you brush your hair or match your socks, but your mother prefers it the other way." and "Ohhh, poor BABYyyyyy, your mean mother is trying to suck all the fun out of life. Come live with me!"
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-07, 11:29
Circling...

Stats: 230/222/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Singles! Is it spring yet?

I had a job interview this morning. Was offered a couple different positions. One being a full time management position and one being a part time staff position. I plan on taking the part time position since this will be in addition to my regular full time job. It will have it's share of challenges but there are some benefits and certification offerings that are very appealing to me that I don't have at my other job.

I hope all the parenting things get straightened out. Out of my league so I will defer to the experts on the child rearing advice.

Who wants to go for a bike ride?
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-07, 12:43
empress of fashion

BF:

*hops on Gypsy's handle bars*

Let's go!
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-07, 13:35
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

Hey singles...

I didn't come straight out and tell the gf to dump him but I did as strategic questions like:
- When was the last time you remember being truly happy with him? (answer... a long time ago)
- You say you told him he needs to change, has he changed at all in the three years you've known him? (answer... wow, that opened my eyes. He hasn't changed one bit)

In short I think she knows she'll finally dump him but she wants some answers from him first. Idiot. The guy is deliusional. Good riddance.
Closed Thread