Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 19:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/293/175 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Slow, not steady, but winning the race!

I've been doing this WOE (basically Atkins) since November 18th, 2002. Initially the weight came off quickly...people noticed, I could definitely tell the difference...it felt great.

Christmas was the first time I "strayed" but even then I was very much in control. I made goodies I could eat and stayed away from anything I shouldn't although one night I had a few crackers with my cheese.

Since Christmas things have slowed right down, but I knew that may happen so I was okay with it. Well here it is pushin' April and things are still slow. I think I had lost 25 at Christmas and for the last couple months I have hovered between 27 and 28....I just kept on going though having faith in this WOE.

Well, today I got up and the scale was just shy of 30. I really feel like I have been successful! I still have a way to go but I stuck with it and it paid off. Also, I took my measurements about a month ago and took them again today...waist down 3.5", hips down 2"...even my neck was down 1/2". (I never took measurements when I first started - wish I did!)

So, I'm here to toot my own horn....and give others, who are experiencing slow downs, some encouragement. It does work...just stick with it.

The other thing I find about low carbing is that it's not really hard to stick with it - in the belly at least, sometimes the mind thinks differently. I can say that if I was doing another way of eating, say Weight Watchers or low fat, that I would have definitely given up by now and probably gained back all I have lost plus some.

So, keep going...you too will be doing a happy dance shortly.

Suzan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 00:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 275/255/180 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

way to go sue...thanks for your words..i couldnt have put it better ..i to think i would have strayed by now ,had i been on another plan, i like the way i feel, still have alittle trouble getting breakfast down some mornings....but i know that it is somthing i must do for my body...so ive made a dozen deviled eggs and pop two in the morning... and its nice that spring is here...lets talk some time ...sammi
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 00:54

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Was surfin the forums and saw yours, and had to stop in cause I can relate!!
I started Atkins on June 20th, 2002, and initially lost 16 pounds right off the bat...but then it slowed down. The inches came off but he scales didnt show much of a loss. So ya know what......after awhile,,,i got rid of the scales!!! Oh,,I still
have em,,but I dont use em much! I got tired of up 2 down 1..up 1 down 3...so I decided I would use my clothes as a barometer of how I was doing.
Today I went shopping and bought a size 18 skirt,,,,no, it doesnt fit,,but considering I was in a tight 26 in June,,and can get the 18 on and almost fastened,,,(and its a straight skirt at that!) I was elated!!
I was like you,,,had a moderate cheat at Christmas,,,then back to plan,,with very few cheats since,,and those pre planned,,,then I hit a 9 week stall,,,nothing moved!! No inches,,no pounds,,,nothing. I was so discouraged,,but determined to stick to it,,after all,,,I felt great!
Lo and behold, all of a sudden it started melting off!!! I mean,,I got up one morning and felt lighter,,,and tried on some clothes that had not fit and they did!!! So hang in there,,,there will be times when you feel like you arent making progress,,,stick with the plan and you will see results! After all,,,,,,good things come slowly and are worth the wait!!!
Cya lighter
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 21:43

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 199/184/135 Female 61 1/2 "
BF:40%
Progress: 23%
Default Thanks for the reponses on here!

This helps me a ton! I have been doing Atkins since 121/02 and have still only lost 15 pounds max (no change at all in the past 6-8 weeks)! I need to lose another 50-60 pounds to "goal". I am feeling very discouraged, since my friend's sister has been doing it since 1/1 and has lost 35 pounds!!

The bummer is that I haven't gone down any clothes sizes or anything!

I'm also doing Atkins because I'm "prediabetic", but I don't know if it's helping my blood sugars or not cuz I don't want to spend 50 bucks for more test strips, and I don't want to go to the doctor and be diagnosed as "diabetic" forevermore on my health record... (I'm only 35.)

I keep wondering if I should do something different. (I lost 40 pounds on weight watchers 4 1/2 years ago, but gained 20 after surgery, lost 10-15, got pregnant and gained 50!!) I just quit breastfeeding 4 weeks before starting Atkins.

I plugged my food for today into fitday, and it came out just shy of 2400 calories, 30g carb, 154 g protein and 187 g fat. Is that WAY too much fat?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 12:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/241/200 Male 6'
BF:20
Progress: 59%

what kind of exercise activity are you doing?

consider adding 20 minutes of walking 3-4 times a week.

keep up the good work. You didn't gain all the weight in one month and will not lose it that fast!!