Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-21, 03:46

Plan: SEC
Stats: 198/183/150 Female 168 (5.512 ft)
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Stress Eating Cure step 1-6

😅 LOL.
I would highly recommend to borrow a copy at the library/pick one up on Amazon or some second hand bookstore if you are curious. 306 pages are hard to explain.
This is draft Do come back for the edit. I learn as I go. Don't know if this is the right order ... hope it makes any sense.

Any Stress Eating Cure folks out there, please help out.

Easy does it
Some need more time like a few more days up to a week in each step.

A daily BBB
Give the Big balanced breakfast a try just a few days and se how you feel.
Preferable breakfast or alternative meal. Have one every day.
(RM is called Alternative meal in SEC.) The BBB helps you to gives you a fresh kick start of happy, mellow fat-burning hormones. Make sure it is big. Too small not so good.
Once you can do it like a routine for at least 2 days (in your own time) go on to next step. Have a big balanced meal of proteins and carbs once a day, all days.
Get used the this meal even if you still snack carbs or have them at other meals. This is just the beginning.

Protein routine
For you that would be perhaps eating some protein in all your meals
Once you can do it like a routine for at least 2 days (in your own time) go on to next step.

Salads and Veggies
Veggies (not forced to have in the BBB) same routine. All greens are allowed even okra and green beans. Have these veggies in the snacks too along side with your reg. meals and snacks. Balancing foods (not forced to in the BBB - big balanced breakfast).

All snacks
"Never a naked vegetable" if you snack eat protein and veggies from now on. Save your carbo-snacks to the BBB or the Alternative meal. Don't move on till you are used to the change. Same 2 day routine. Nuts, seeds, all dairy is permitted even milk in all meals.

Diet soda and AS
For you it would be having your coffee tea with sugar + reg. soda instead of diet soda and ease them off till you only have them in your BBB/RM. When you can do this for more than two days you can go on to the next step.

Comfort foods
Include all comfort foods in one meal. Same 2 day routine.

There is more ... triggers and the chapters on the stress that just can't be put down in a short message where it goes into 11 types of stress and a gazillion more things. I can relate to all of the types in one way or another.

Later

Hugs <3

Last edited by Happy girl : Wed, Mar-03-21 at 08:40.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-21, 07:14

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/217/180 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 8%

Morning girls

I’m still following CAD and loving it! Planning my RM still for dinners.....but still tossing around the idea of lunches.

Happy......so much information, your doing great

Mojo....”large and in charge”....lmao

Have a good day
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-21, 07:43

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

Morning girls

Thanks for that Happy! I'm not getting to the library these days.
Some small changes can make a huge difference.
I'm going to stick to original CAD for now.
I have to choose things that I will be able to sustain long term.

The scale unfortunately is not cooperating right now. Some tweaks may be necessary such as:

Clean fasting (meaning nothing to eat or drink outside RM/CM meals) just water
No AS (especially diet soda)- artificial sugars can trigger hunger
Don't eat past 4pm- this ties to the circadian rhythm
Sleep- need go to bed earlier at night

TTYL

Last edited by mojolissa : Wed, Mar-03-21 at 07:51.
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-21, 06:07

Plan: SEC
Stats: 198/183/150 Female 168 (5.512 ft)
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Sucker for Cardamom

Morning girls!

Happy for both of you. No two people in the world are the
same, thank God. Would be boring if we were.

When I got the urge for sugar in coffee I used cardamom, still do.
Also cinnamon in the brew or on top. Cream also gives a different flavour and alternating
hot and cold milk. Iced or hot. All to taste.
Natural vanilla fruit (from the plant) in whipped cream and cinnamon? Works on LC pancake too ... for a CM/outside RM.
and good tasty coffee. In my RMs now in my BBB LOL I can have a spoon of ice-cream once in a while or whipped cream with maple syrup just because I am a 4 year old carb addict and love to feel like a happy kid now and then.

Hope you are well and flourishing

I am having a good hair day. Great start after a BIG breakfast and long day ahead.

Love/
Happy

Last edited by Happy girl : Fri, Mar-05-21 at 05:57.
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-21, 08:41

BF:

Morning......

Mojo......l like your tweaks, I think they will help with the scale. I don’t eat after 6 any earlier would leave me hungry at bedtime...so sleeping would suffer. Diet soda has never bothered me but I don’t drink a lot.....only A&W zero sugar

Not sure if your sodas have caffeine but if they do cutting back may help on sleep, I can’t have caffeine after noon. My DH can drink Mountain Dew all day and it doesn’t bother his sleep, I have to listen to him sleeping like a baby while I’m just hoping to fall asleep!!

Happy......I love putting some cinnamon in the coffee grounds...it really makes it a special treat. Ice cream scoop in the coffee sounds delicious!! One of the benefits of BBB lol

Haha glad your having a BBHD “big beautiful hair day”

I’m sitting here drinking my 2 cups of black coffee....my usual. I woke up late today, very unusual! But I’m not complaining.

I haven’t been as strict on my fasting I’m just rolling with what my bod wants. I haven’t been losing, really just going up and down

I might have to make some tweaks also if this continues....nothing to major or I’ll get burned out.

Talk soon
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-21, 07:52

Morning girls

Jeep- I am cutting down on diet soda, but I do occasionally have sprite zero. I too have to cut off caffeine by noon, but I wish I could drink coffee all day!

Happy- that is a good idea to add cinnamon or natural vanilla bean to coffee. Glad you had a good hair day! Doesn't happen very often for me, unfortunately.

TTYL
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-21, 12:52

BF:

Afternoon girls.....

What terrible day with my meals so far!! I bought some skirt steak and didn’t really know what it was. I planned to have it for CM and it was so tough I could only eat half and the rest went in the trash.

I’m not one who waste food but it was uneatable!! So I had nothing else defrosted and attempted to cook a frozen hamburger patty.

You know I’m not a cook if fact I hate to cook......when I sat down to eat that it was pink and cold in the middle, yuck 🤢 I threw it in the microwave and I was so freaking hungry by then I had to just eat it!

That brings me to my CAD-WOE.....I am so thankful for CAD and that I had a nice dinner planned because if I was just doing LC I would have went off plan totally today and ate everything in sight!

RM will be broccoli soup, a roast beef roll up w/avocado, cheddar cheese, tomato and lettuce. Probably some ruffles chips w/ dip and a A&W root beer zero.......I’m totally looking forward to it

Otherwise it’s been a nice day so far, cold but sunny ☀️

Talk to ya soon
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-21, 12:11

Hey girls!

My weight has bounced right back up again!

Happy - are you leaving the CAD/CALP group?

Jeep - I make meals usually with ground beef, chicken and shrimp. Occasionally hubby grills steaks for us. Have never tried skirt steak (sounds like I never will)

I'm thankful for this woe too. Hubby just eats what I make usually.

So ready for spring! Suppose to get to the high 50s today.

TTYL girls
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-21, 06:30

BF:

Morning....

Mojo.......sorry to hear about the weight bounce I’m the same way. Have you been sticking to your tweaks? Also I’m thinking because for me I’m always up after the weekends and lower during the week.

Happy.....where are you? We need you here

Spring is in the air here also, so excited temps 50 today and 60 tomorrow. I’ve been wanting to walk outside just to get out. Still snow on the ground but it’s melting fast.

RM today will be broccoli soup and Banquet chicken, DH loves it and I can’t cook that wrong!

I’m hoping to lose this week and not gain it back on the weekends, that will be my 1st tweak. I think if I’m better with my food on the weekends I can keep the pounds off that I lose during the week.

Anyway that is what I must work on the weekends. If I can keep at least the same weight on the weekends and lose during the week that would be great. I have been eating a lot more carbs on Saturday & Sunday.

Talk soon
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-21, 10:43

Hey Jeep!

I think Happy has left. I went to her journal and it says goodbye.
Yeah, I also have more carbs on the weekends....

Had a drop in weight today. Just had the rm and nothing else yesterday. (OMAD) That might be what I have to stick to now, in order to lose.

Have a great day and get out into the sun!

TTYL
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-21, 05:26

BF:

Morning

Mojo.....congrats on the drop!! That’s awesome
I wish I could do OMAD but I just can’t keep up with it.....if I make it thru one day I’m starving the next day and have to eat.

Happy.....hope you find what you need and will come back one day, you are a very kind and giving person

I did get out and get some sun.....I took a nice walk with my dog and I’m thinking of going again today....maybe a while longer depending on the wind.

Talk soon
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-21, 06:09
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi guys-
This is E- I just happened to see your posts today and checked Happy's journal. She has said goodbye. I'm not sure why.
Please read your books- it seems most of you are doing CAD- know that this WOE works- and be kind to yourselves. Know that eating LC is a way of loving yourself and nurturing yourself. Figure out what works for you. Plan your meals, and remember that if you have a craving or a want for a carb you can always include it in your balanced RM the next day. Understanding the insulin piece of why LC works, and understanding that you are healing your bodies by eating LC, helps staying on plan a lot.
Enjoy the spring- and be with people you love and who love you.
E
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-21, 13:36

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
Hi guys-
This is E- I just happened to see your posts today and checked Happy's journal. She has said goodbye. I'm not sure why.
Please read your books- it seems most of you are doing CAD- know that this WOE works- and be kind to yourselves. Know that eating LC is a way of loving yourself and nurturing yourself. Figure out what works for you. Plan your meals, and remember that if you have a craving or a want for a carb you can always include it in your balanced RM the next day. Understanding the insulin piece of why LC works, and understanding that you are healing your bodies by eating LC, helps staying on plan a lot.
Enjoy the spring- and be with people you love and who love you.
E

Thanks E.....I hope she’s not gone for long, always had great information for us.

Yes this WOE does work and feel good to our bodies. I have so much more energy!

I did take another walk and really enjoyed the sun, tomorrow it’s going to be a lot cooler. I’m just glad winter is over

Later
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-21, 07:07

BF:

Morning

Another sunny day here! Wow really drying up the yard.....I went to Walmart and couldn’t help but by some new spring flags and knee pad and other spring items. They sell out so quick, last year I could not find a knee pad to do my weeding with anywhere.

RM- will be a salad & cheeseburger w/ avocado, red onion, lettuce and some Fries. I’ve been using my new small BBQ and I love it. I don’t have to light it with a lighter it’s like my kitchen stove.....click click click and fires right up!

Talk soon
  #90   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-21, 10:28

Hi there Jeep

Just you and me for now I guess....
Doing good- lost another pound- as long as I stick to the cutoff of food at night- weight loss is steady.

I'm glad you're enjoying the BBQ grill. My favorite appliance is my westbend versatility cooker. I use it all the time. So easy, cuz I can throw frozen ground beef into it and in no time- beef cooks up and I can crumble it up. Right now I'm making BBQ pulled pork in it. Wish I could find another one like it cuz the bottom is starting to wear away.

Have a great day TTYL