Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-21, 13:36

Plan: Low Carbish
Stats: 169/152/135 Female 5'2" Age:81
BF:
Progress: 50%

Stupid question:

You said 4% for CM. 4% of what?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-21, 14:04

Plan: SEC
Stats: 198/183/150 Female 168 (5.512 ft)
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Personalized Plan for Becoming Slim, Fit and Healthy in Your 40s, 50s, 60s and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ
Stupid question:

You said 4% for CM. 4% of what?

Up to 4% carbs in the CM. No worries.

Treat yourself with a copy of CALP or CAD it is very
helpful or pick one up in the library - you wont regret it;

The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program: Personalized Plan for Becoming Slim, Fit and Healthy in Your 40s, 50s, 60s and Beyond
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0525941...RG5QF4AP46F5BB9

Last edited by Happy girl : Mon, Feb-08-21 at 14:36.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-21, 08:01

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/217/180 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 8%

Morning💕
I’m planning a nice CM of chicken wings today I just love them!
I make them in my Ninja Grill and they come out perfect. I like everything crispy.

Not sure on my RM, might be a salad and cheeseburger w/fries I really eat the same things over and over. I don’t like to cook so I keep it simple.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-21, 13:27

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

Hey all-

Do you recall why you switched to CAD/CALP? Or is this the only plan you've tried? For me, it was feeling so down with low-carb/atkins. It was affecting my mood, thyroid was low, and sleep issues. Having some carbs everyday improved all of that and I was able to lose weight as well. But I had to give up snacking, I had to fast (truly fast), in order for it to work.
At least 18 hours of nothing solid to eat everyday.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-21, 13:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy girl

Treat yourself with a copy of CALP or CAD it is very
helpful or pick one up in the library - you wont regret it;

[B]The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program: Personalized Plan for Becoming Slim, Fit and Healthy in Your 40s, 50s, 60s and Beyond[B]

Happy- that is the exact book I have. Can't find my original CAD book tho
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-21, 13:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojolissa
Hey all-

Do you recall why you switched to CAD/CALP? Or is this the only plan you've tried? For me, it was feeling so down with low-carb/atkins. It was affecting my mood, thyroid was low, and sleep issues. Having some carbs everyday improved all of that and I was able to lose weight as well. But I had to give up snacking, I had to fast (truly fast), in order for it to work.

Hi mojo!
I’m doing CAD because I just can’t seem to stick with LC all the time. I become depressed and then I usually binge on junk. I can’t make it thru the adaptation time frame of Atkins.

I like knowing that I can have what I want once a day and enjoy eating out with the family not worrying about every damn carb!

Seems like I’ve been on low carb forever and I’m still fat lol.
I also have to have a eating window to lose, I am starting to lose but it is slow for me. I’m not very active especially in the winter 🥶

My favorite window is 2-6pm but I don’t always make that and end up with noon to 6 I just do my best for that day.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-21, 15:32

Hi Jeep

Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, I struggle with those same issues. I know this works, but losing and maintaining is tough.
I'm very not active as well during the winter months. Cutting off the evening snacks was a huge improvement for me. If I eat too late, I'm ravenously hungry! (and always crave the junk at night)
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-21, 05:01

BF:

Morning girls💕
Man did I wake up early this morning, I just don’t sleep good as I’ve gotten older☹️

Having my coffee and sitting in front of the fire it’s really cold here, 16 this morning!

Carlie, how’s things going? Check in and let us know how your doing with CAD hope your enjoying it.

Suze, how are your RM going? Did you figure out the CM’s
I’m basically eating protein for CM as I don’t care for veggies. I do make a easy veggie soup also.

Mojo, I try not to eat after 6pm I turn in early around 9 and will get a stomach ache if I do. Especially if it’s junky food and that’s where CAD really helps. I know that I’ve already had my carbs during the one hour limit so at night I certainly don’t want protein!

Happy, I know you have your fireplace going this morning and probably shoveling the snow. Such good exercise for ya, in this cold (16) I hate being out for long. I do go out a couple times a day to clear out the snow for my 2 little yorkies

Today I will probably only make it till my noon window. RM will be a salad because I still have some fresh lettuce, tomato and my homemade ranch. I want to try and make HM blue cheese if I can find a easy recipe. I’m also having salmon & shrimp cooked in some butter with a sweet potato.

Have a great day!
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-21, 06:26

BF:
Default Ranch dressing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep#17
Morning girls💕
Man did I wake up early this morning, I just don’t sleep good as I’ve gotten older☹️

Having my coffee and sitting in front of the fire it’s really cold here, 16 this morning!

Carlie, how’s things going? Check in and let us know how your doing with CAD hope your enjoying it.

Suze, how are your RM going? Did you figure out the CM’s
I’m basically eating protein for CM as I don’t care for veggies. I do make a easy veggie soup also.

Mojo, I try not to eat after 6pm I turn in early around 9 and will get a stomach ache if I do. Especially if it’s junky food and that’s where CAD really helps. I know that I’ve already had my carbs during the one hour limit so at night I certainly don’t want protein!

Happy, I know you have your fireplace going this morning and probably shoveling the snow. Such good exercise for ya, in this cold (16) I hate being out for long. I do go out a couple times a day to clear out the snow for my 2 little yorkies

Today I will probably only make it till my noon window. RM will be a salad because I still have some fresh lettuce, tomato and my homemade ranch. I want to try and make HM blue cheese if I can find a easy recipe. I’m also having salmon & shrimp cooked in some butter with a sweet potato.

Have a great day!

Hi girls! 💕
Hope you are doing well.

- Jeep! The “salmon & shrimp cooked in some butter with a sweet potato” sounds awesome. Would love to try out your ranch dressing too .
Any recipe?

- Mo! I am working on a reply.

Hugs/
Happy
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-21, 11:26

Hello all-

Sticking with the plan- no eating past dinner.
Trying to go to bed by midnight. (didn't make it last night)
Kids came over and we played Clue and Rumicube. We had a blast!
Drank my sprite zero - more than one.

I have a hard time with fresh veggies- they always go bad and become a science experiment gone wrong, and waste of money, so I don't do the salad thing...hope that doesn't kick me outta the group :

Scale was about the same today....hohum

Hope everyone is doing great!
Special shout out to Happy and Jeep
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-21, 05:34

BF:

Morning girls💕
Happy here ya go....
1/4 cup HM Mayo
1/4 cup filtered water ( I use the dry ingredients cup)
Mix together
Then mix in 2 tbsp. Sour Cream and 1 tbsp HVR
(Hidden Valley Ranch) dry mix
Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour

Mojo...🤭🤔 YOUR OUT!!!!!!!!!!😂
Sounds like a good time well worth midnight and a couple of Sprite Zero’s. I hear ya with the veggies

Today I’m going to try to make it to my 2-6 window I’m feeling very positive today!
Probably a salad w/ red onion & tomato maybe throw in some baby shrimp. I’m also having a cheeseburger w/ fries😋 for RM

Have fun today💕
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-21, 09:06

BF:
Default Carbo Addict Life Span Bio

Mo of course you are in You are in good company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojolissa
Hey all-

Hi Mo and everyone! We are so glad to have you here.

This was hard for me to write.
So I was over weight after having my DD in the year of 1999 that is when I saw the drs Hellers on a tv show. I identified 100%. My prayers had been answered.
Started immediately that day to follow the CALP plan and ordered the books and studied them.
Short story - in less that 1 year I had lost 40 lbs from 180 lbs.
2 years later I was down to 110 lbs (tot 70 lbs) .

I have tried veganism, vegetarian, eating the “right” supplements, the grapefruit diet, extreme LC, Atkins, Atkins 72, inductions, raw milk, raw egg, the fruitarian diets LOL … the rice diet, much like Racheal Heller, Overeaters Anonymous, juice fasting, water fasting, salt and water, IF, the Colombian diet … and so on. Read so many books that only made me more confused.

Too high carb, too LC, Atkins, keto, primal so much tasty food but … they stalled me completely and made me sick and depressed, even gained. Had the same thyroid, kidneys + water retention ... the lack of carbs almost killed me. True story. Under-carbed serotonin deprivation.

Over the years I kept my CM breakfast/lunches but started snacking in the afternoons/evenings again, still skipping meals when i wasn’t hungry. I went through a separation, divorce, moved ... I stayed around 155- 150 lbs all of a sudden I was 210 lbs.
I had gained it all back and more.

1999 was my changing point.
The CMs I was still eating and the close to RMs and skipping breakfast/meals on I still had enen though I was off plan sustained me. Also kept the salads for dinner as often as I could - if I hadn’t I would been worse off.
Eventually my kidneys healed and here we are at my reboot. I have learned so much and I am very grateful for my journey that I can eat foods from all of the diets I tried, but in a CALP maner.
I love keto, LC foods and I love carbs. This is the best way of two worlds.

This is WOE fixes the balance of a medical condition called carbo addiction - to not only normal but thriving.

Hugs
/Happy

Last edited by Happy girl : Fri, Feb-12-21 at 02:48.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-21, 11:13

BF:
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep#17
Morning girls💕
Happy here ya go....
1/4 cup HM Mayo
1/4 cup filtered water ( I use the dry ingredients cup)
Mix together
Then mix in 2 tbsp. Sour Cream and 1 tbsp HVR
(Hidden Valley Ranch) dry mix
Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour

Thanks Jeep! 💕No MSG added, wow!

Gotta be able to find some similar brand over here or seasoning.
I use dried onion and garlic a lot the get sour cream tastes.
Gonna try something, good to have the ratio there with the water and all.

Girls, hope you are doing all right all of you. 💕
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-21, 12:14

Wow! Thank you so much Happy for sharing your story! I'm so sorry you went through that and I'm sure we can all relate to it.

The struggle is real, the addiction is real, and the depression is real. People who don't have this addiction, just don't understand what it is like.

My husband for instance, he doesn't have a weight problem. He could stand to lose a few and he doesn't always chose healthy, but he doesn't have an obesity problem like me. I have never (our entire married life- just over 33 years) weighed less than him. When I lose- he loses too. Makes sense since I plan the meals, shop for the meals, cook the meals, etc.

Jeep- LOL you crack me up!

TTYL sweet girls....
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Feb-12-21, 05:53

BF:

Good morning💕
Happy....wow you have been thru a lot very courageous of you to put that all out there. I’m really glad you have found your WOE because that is the hardest part.
Also, I checked for msg and the HVR does have some in it☹️ But I will still use it in my recipe because I don’t want to use store bought dressings with soybean oil. I still get the blue cheese but hopefully I’ll find a easy recipe for that also. Enjoy your reward meal today!

Mojo....33 years wow good job girl! He is a lucky guy😉

Made it till 4 yesterday and that was a mistake! I was so hungry that I ate to much and yep had a stomach ache late last night. I won’t do that again! I think my 2-6pm window is much better.

Today is going to be CM at 2 then RM around 5

I really miss being able to mall walk in the winter, but mall was closed when COVID hit and now it doesn’t open till 11 and by then I’m busy doing other things. I have to stop by the dog groomer and bring vaccination papers so maybe I’ll stop by and go in.

I’m mean I do want to pick up some Valentines Day chocolate and they used to have a good candy store in there. I haven’t been in the mall in probably a year. I’ll have to wear a mask so I don’t know how long I’ll walk but I’ll try.....I feel like I need to walk...can’t wait for spring!

Enjoy the day girls!