Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 06:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default #1 Pet Peeve

Whats your number one pet peeve about LC'ing? Mine is when my stepmother (and sometimes other people do this too) doesn't "get" the diet even though I've explained it 100 times. She consistently tries to get me to eat things I can't have, saying, "It's ok, its low fat" Makes me grind my teeth every time! I don't even bother trying to explain it anymore, I just say no thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 06:45

Plan: aitkens
Stats: 216/177/150 Female 5feet5inches
BF:
Progress: 59%

I get tired of people telling me that it is not healthy eating all that fat and meat.I say 'eating all that sugar is'.They also say you need to eat fruit it is good for you.Then I tell them all the good food i eat everyday and that usually stops them.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 08:37
Registered Member

Stats: 234.5/195.2/200 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntanlove
I get tired of people telling me that it is not healthy eating all that fat and meat.I say 'eating all that sugar is'.They also say you need to eat fruit it is good for you.Then I tell them all the good food i eat everyday and that usually stops them.

Those are the same people that are lucky if they eat one piece of fruit a month and a salad 3 times a year because it comes with their dinner at a restaurant. People should just mind their own business about what I (or you) eat. I couln't care less what they eat!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 08:39

Stats: 220.0/220/120 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

And, if the way i was eating was so healthy BEFORE, why did i not loose weight till NOW!

silly ppl :P
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 08:47
Too kinky for you

Stats: 265/246/187 Male 176 cm
BF:xxx/27.2/20
Progress: 24%

When people say "it's ok, it's low fat" I shudder and go "YUCK! Gross!"... they stop offering quickly enough
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 08:48

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185.5/162/154 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

How about all the people that say (especially on tv and in print) that the diet is unhealthy because it doesn't allow fruit and vegetables, only protein. HELLO, are you all too lazy to find out what this woe really is? I've never been a meat or dairy eater. Used to live on cereal, rice and pasta. Now it's veggies galore. My Mom, a retired home ec teacher, has always said veggies have everything fruit does without all the sugar. Anyway, I do eat fruit. Just not lots but probably more than I did in my carb life.

Wicked - I was one of those people. Salad when it came with dinner and drowning in Russian dressing and fruit only when very fresh, like summer berries. Made the kids eat the good stuff before they got any goodies but never took care of myself.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 09:30

Plan: Currently on PSMF cycle
Stats: 198/157/150 Female 5'9"
BF:? No thank U !!
Progress: 85%

It literally makes my whole body twitch when my good girlfriend (from out of town) comes to visit and wants to go for sushi or suggests some other form of food I don't eat. I gently remind her of my style and she says, "Oh yeah, your on that wacky diet, aren't you." EVERY TIME!!! Drives me crazy.....
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 11:07
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

<nodnod>

It never fails that I get teased about my "weird" diet around certain people... I got So tired of explaining that I'm reduced to just giving them a raised eyebrow and going on with my food... and I don't join them for lunch often anymore. Who needs the stress? (I learned that tidbit from Dr Phil, BTW)

Can't you just TELL that the explanation is just going SWOOOSH (Sweeping hand over head..) anyway??
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 11:32

Stats: 178.5/168/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 22%

When people tell you they dont like the words "can't eat that"
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 11:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Not finding some low carb stuff in any of my grocery stores around here and being told that their stores in the biggers cities carry it but there isn't enough interest for them to carry it. HELLO I am interested and I am sure I am not the only one.
angie
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 11:51

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

Someone trying to get me to eat a piece of cheese when I went fresh veggies. If I wanted cheese, I'd ask for cheese. I want my veggies. But, of course, no one except us seems to know that we don't live on bacon dipped in cheese!!! Put the danged cheese away and pass me the veggie tray.

shortstuff
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 12:13
Smilie Queen

Plan: Atkins/SB
Stats: 140/128.5/? Female 5'5"
BF:33%/27/22%
Progress: 60%

I think it is so weird the reactions people have towards eating. It almost seems to fit in the category of talking about sex, money, religion, and politics. If you tell people you are on 'atkins' or a 'diet' there is an almost pathological drive for them to get you to eat food that you do not want. I have found the best way is to keep my big yap shut, and when offered bread, pasta, etc. say 'no thanks' and if pressed, tell them I don't like whatever is offered. It helps avoid the busybody's and 'know it alls'
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 12:47

Plan: Currently on PSMF cycle
Stats: 198/157/150 Female 5'9"
BF:? No thank U !!
Progress: 85%

When pressed on why I can't/won't have any I say "I have insulin issues" or an "insulin imbalance". If I get the response "are you diabetic" I say "no, thanks to my watching what I eat". Not many want to open that can of worms!!!

Last edited by Delta Fox : Sun, Dec-07-03 at 12:50.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 19:27

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 225/165/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Sydnarella, your pet peeve is almost identical to mine...only in my case it's my great-aunt (89 years old).
"Have a cookie"
No thanks, I can't, it's not on my diet.
"Well then have some crackers"
No thank you.
"How about a piece of cake?"
No thanks.
"Here, have some nice fresh Italian bread"

This goes on & on, EVERY time I see her (at least once a week) and always winds up with: "What kind of diet is that, where you can't eat anything!?!?"
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 21:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Tamborine:
When I read your reply I laughed so hard. My grandmother would have been the very same. I could just hear her say that also.
angie