Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#391   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 11:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/209/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Thumbs down

Mine was aweful..tasted like sweet scrambled eggs. What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored Links
  #392   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 12:21
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

baby mia -

I couldn't private message you prob because you are too new.

Yes I lost it on Atkins. I didn't stay at a set number of carbs per day. Instead I increased them according to OWL. I found my best weight loss came when I followed more of a medataranian low carb plan. And alot of water of course.

breakfast
eggs with zucchini hashbrowns or spinach

Lunch
large salad with meat and olive oil or other oil for dressing

Dinner
Meat of some kind
2 veggies if I could. one as a regular veggie then one made into a side dish

Unfortunetly I gained some of that back when I started working in bakeries and there was a lot of pressure to sample the products. I am back on Atkins now, and about 15 pounds heavier at the moment, but not being really strict with my carb amounts, just eating generally lower carb, so I'm not losing that well.
  #393   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-05, 08:12
Registered Member

Plan: phase 1
Stats: 231/220/150 Female 66"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks For The Ideals For Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner. I Lost Ok On The First 14 Days, Then I Stopped Losing And No Matter What Couldn't Get It Going Again. Your Accomplishments Are Encouraging. Congradulations. Yes It Would Be Tough Working In A Bakery.
  #394   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 12:19

Plan: No junk
Stats: 180/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:ha/ha/ha
Progress: 20%

I did not want to try this. I thought it sounded like the most disgusting thing ever.

I have been converted. It is so delicious, so easy and has saved me from high carb food for the last few days. For those of you who say you keep getting scrambled eggs, I'm going to include my instructions. If you still get what you think are sweet scrambled eggs, realize that you're putting eggs in the microwave, and that you don't like it, move on.

Okay here goes...

I used 3 oz. of cream cheese. This would be 3 sections of an 8 ounce block. I heated this for 30 seconds in the microwave in a regular ceramic bowl.

Then I took the bowl out, and stirred up the cream cheese with a fork. I added a few drops of vanilla extract and 2-3 packs of splenda, and stirred them in with the fork.

Then I cracked an egg into the bowl, and used the same forkto stir it all up. I used a whisking motion until everything is pretty much a uniform consistency and color. (It WILL NOT be perfect.)

Finally, and I think that this is important, I covered it with plastic wrap. I could not get it to puff up until I used the plastic wrap.

I put it in my microwave for 2 minutes on high. When you take it out, the bowl will be hot, and be careful not to burn yourself with steam when removing the plastic wrap.

When it is done, it should be dry on the top, and only SLIGHTLY jiggly in the center. If it looks different than this, you did something wrong, or something is wrong with your microwave. The first time I made this I tried cooking it on low, and I got a custard. As soon as I tried it the way it was explained in the first pages of this thread, it worked perfectly.

If you do these steps properly, and you don't like it, then I would stop worrying about it. The mock danish is not for you.

Mary
  #395   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-05, 21:19
Registered Member

Plan: phase 1
Stats: 231/220/150 Female 66"
BF:
Progress:
Default Mock Danish

Thank You So Much For The Step By Step Instructions. I'm Ready To Try Again.
  #396   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-05, 23:02

Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

I make this a lot and always put a tablespoon of almond flour in it. It makes the texture so much better.
  #397   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 08:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 299/292/267 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

OH wow there delicious! But I have a question, tried it last night with cinnamon and some vanilla davinci syrup. Is this ok for induction? Or should I wait till after induction?
  #398   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 15:06

Plan: No junk
Stats: 180/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:ha/ha/ha
Progress: 20%

It's fine for induction. Just remember your cheese and sweeteners are limited, so make sure you don't go overboard.
  #399   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 18:34

Stats: 299/292/267 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Thank you Mary Low. I substitude most of the sugar for davinci syrup and it works out better. I kind of thought it was induction friendly but wasn't sure. I'm gonna keep eating it once a day. I only had it two times but I'm gonna check in a week and see the scale. I just seem to stall easily. even induction pancakes makes me stall. I have to monitor everything.
  #400   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-05, 19:48

Stats: 243/238/190 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 9%

I tried this since so many seem to like it. It's not for me--too much egg flavor. I made it twice (2 ounces cream cheese--gotta keep carbs real low), once with brown sugar twin and cinnamon (love cinnamon) and once with davinci's vanilla and cinnamon. More cream cheese would help but when you're staying around 20 carbs, every one is important.
  #401   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-05, 10:56
Kitchen Experimenter

Plan: General LC Maintenance
Stats: 230/160/165 Male 70 inches
BF:way less now
Progress: 108%

I really like this moc danish and its variations and although they are quite light on the carbs I tried another twist this morning by making it using polydextrose plus as the sweetner. Now not only is it yummy but also has fiber were it was missing in the majority of the recipes.
  #402   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 14:14

Plan: My own Low Carb Plan
Stats: 196/194/165 Female 5'5
BF:Very fluffy!
Progress: 6%

How many carbs???? HELP!!!
  #403   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 14:45

Stats: 180/140/130 Female 5'7
BF:22.7%(about)
Progress: 80%

mmmmm pockets of cream cheese
  #404   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 14:46
Kitchen Experimenter

Plan: General LC Maintenance
Stats: 230/160/165 Male 70 inches
BF:way less now
Progress: 108%

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia333
How many carbs???? HELP!!!

its about 4 carbs julia
  #405   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 23:11

Stats: 208/165/145 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

I pretty much do the same thing Mary does (in her great step by step instructions) except I only use 2 oz. cream cheese. I also skip the sweetner. It doesn't need it and if I don't use it, the less amount of carbs for me! I only use the cream cheese, egg and vanilla. It always turns out perfect.

oh and I put a pat of butter in the middle after it comes out of the micro. MMMMMM!