Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 11:16

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 173/150/135
BF:
Progress: 61%

YogaBuff, where have you gone? Hope your holidays were good. I miss hearing about your life and your exercise efforts. Come back.

Missydog
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 08:49

Plan: Schwarzbein prin
Stats: 158/155/120
BF:
Progress:

Hey, all. Sorry! The holidays were good. I finally did get the cold, or somebody's cold, you never know, with everybody coughing and sneezing over the holidays. Also have a new yrs. resolution to stay off this thing more.

Yesterday, did LONG hike at the fort, with some hills thrown in for fun and heart rate. Bear was ecstatic. When 'mom' is sick, he doesn't leave the house much. Have NOT been doing weights. Have pretty much thrown in the towel on them. Didn't like 'em when I was younger-- like 'em even less now. Trying to stick with the more strengthening yoga moves. Even that has been hard, cause with asthma, I usually tehd to get a touch of bronchitis with a cold. But, with steam and inhalers, I 'm getting there.

Gotta get ready for a dentist appt. Would love to type for HOURS and catch up.

YB
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 11:44

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 173/150/135
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hi YogaBuff,

So you've given up on the weights. That's too bad. I still think you were just going at it too hard and should try a lighter regime. Then again, I understand about quitting things because I'm not jogging anymore myself! Oh, I'll walk and hike and cycle, but I just got so burned out on the heavy aerobic workouts, day after day after day. At my age, I may never jog again, who knows. But I'm still trying to lift weights (on the "princess plan" if you get what I mean!). Anyway, glad to hear you and your Bear are enjoying getting out in nature. Happy New Year.

Missydog
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 09:37

BF:
Progress:

Yeah, Missy, I think it's the age thing that.s getting to me. I really think I should be able to do what I could do when I was younger, and find myself hitting the wall, so to speak. My MIND wants to, and my heart's willing, but then the old (and too fat) bod puts up a fight.

If only I had stayed the way I was, instead of allowing myself to get this fat and out of shape. All the "if only's".

But, on a more positive note, I HAVE been getting in an hour of Yoga per day, and at least a 2 mi. walk. Except Saturday. Always take one day off on the weekend.

YB
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 15:13

BF:
Progress:

For !-17-02:

1 hr. power-yoga
1/2 hr. walking fast on treadmill w/ 2 incline. Couldn't face the frozen-face syndrome outside.

YB
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 06:54

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Hi YB - so how are things? sorry I haven't been around to say howdy - no idea why this January seems to be so BUSY - usually I just hibernate. Good for you on the exercise note. You're only as old as you feel.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 12:10

BF:
Progress:

LC- yes, I say every year I'm going to start saying NO to a too-full calendar, but it never happens.
Missydog- Yeah, no weights, unless you call hoisting my own
( 9substantial ) body weight around w/ more intense, swiftly moving vinyasa flows in my yoga. Trying more challenging poses ,too, and holding them longeer is REALLY getting my arms and legs in shape. What is amazing is the torso strength I'm getting too. I guess every exercise type, done consistently can improve your fitness more than I realized. I'm really happy w/ what I'm seeing.

Went to a 1 1/2 hr. yoga class this am and went to the fort andw alked 45 min. w/ pooch.

YB
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-02, 21:06

BF:
Progress:

Walks every day 2-3 mi.
Yoga 1 hr. every day

Even did today (sunday) because missed ALL exercise thurs. due to out of town funeral. DH's aunt.

The increased frequency, duration, and intensity of the yoga is REALLY building some muscle! Just beginning to see some body changes after 3 weeks.

yb
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 21:53

BF:
Progress:

1-28-02

2 mi. walk/run at the park.
20 min yoga
yb
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 21:59

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally posted by YogaBuff
The increased frequency, duration, and intensity of the yoga is REALLY building some muscle! Just beginning to see some body changes after 3 weeks.

yb [/B]

Good for you! I love when you start to notice your muscles coming out. I like that toned feeling!

Keep up the great work!

Linda
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 17:57

BF:
Progress:

Thanks, Fern. Yeah, and w/ an exercise I actually can't WAIT to do! Did a new yoga tape last night- a type of yoga called Kundalini. Not sure how I feel about it. Different from the usual fare. Slightly sore in new places, though,so..... that's good.
yb
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 19:59

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

You make me miss yoga!!! I just love it, but can't find the time. Maybe once I've reached my BFL goals and get my private life sorted out I'll have some time to fit it in. I just love the way it makes my body feel afterwards - all limber, warm and tired.

Keep up the great work!

Lisa
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 09:52

BF:
Progress:

For 2/5/02:

yoga class--1-1/2 hrs.
Teacher was out for blood today- very un-yoga like- bending us into pretzels and hoding the positions for, like, 3 min. till your muscles quiver. Can feel it today, but feels good.

yb