Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 00:09
entering eclipse

Plan: atkins
Stats: 320/300.3/145 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress: 11%
Talking Place for babes who need someone to show off to!!!

Hello! Ok so this is the idea...I'm going off of a thread started by Livewell about needing a lady diet buddy. There were a bunch of people who responded (me included) and I got to thinking that maybe we need a common place to post to because only posting to Journals can be really time consuming especially if you wanted to say something to everyone. I don't really want to say group because I hate groupies BUT the more the merrier I say. Forewarning though, I think we need a fairly free thread in that I mean say what you want how you want and deal with the reprecussions on your own . If language bothers you try to block it out it's not intentionally meant to be offensive to you.

I've been randomly searching through different posts and have seen some good ideas like promising to stay for a year, or making a promise to your body, diet challenges etc etc. and I thought we could encorporate some of these things and more.

What I need is what I think many people need someone to SHOW OFF TO!! man oh man, someone who is actually interested.

So here's some ideas, please feel free to add and then we'll make a loose general list that hopefully we can have fun with.

- Write a promise to yourself/body of what you want to do and why (this can be private but doing it makes you really internalize and think about you and can help you to get excited to do this)
- Start a journal for individual messages
- Hi's and low's (when you post just at the bottom put your hi for the day and your low ex. hi-drank 4 glasses of water low-feeling really homesick today)
- TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU NEED!! what are your needs! where do you need attention are you excercising to beat the devil and no one is noticing TELL US we'll say god **** girl you're awesome etc etc.
- Let people know about YOU. only talking about weight is ok but really, friends are where it's at. I, personally, want to KNOW that you love/hate your job, have kids/want them, bought a new camera last week, like to WHATEVER . make this personal and it will help. even if you fall off we'll be there yanking you back on by whatever body part we grab (lol sorry) you get the picture.
- Give as much as you take! you never know who might not be able to post one day because they feel like such crap but by reading something can make it to the next lowcarb day.
- Upload a picture so we can see you. No one's judging you here, we want to see your beautiful smile! or cranky face whichever!

Hmm, too much? anyways, going to pledge now that:

"I promise to at least TRY the suggestions that are posted here before I completely write them off. I promise to be supportive of people and to ask for support when I need it. I promise to bitch/complain/whine to my hearts content so that I get it out and don't pile it up into huge meltdowns that cause me to eat for comfort and sadistic carb pleasure. I promise to update my journal and visit here AT LEAST once a week and to update my stats even when they are bad. I promise to try to be completely honest with myself and kick myself and everyone else here in the butt when they need it and to help if I can when butt kicking is not the answer ."
Trixstar aka Tricia

Last edited by diemde : Sun, Apr-17-05 at 09:53.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 08:03

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

I pretty much say what I feel in my journal. If you visit me I'll visit you. I find for myself that what time I spend on line though not as often as I use to since my daughter moved back and took control of the computer and my life, is time is don't spend stuffing my face. I keep a bag of pig skins on th desk for emergency fixes and drink a cup of coffee even though it has cost me a key board once or twice. Since I am at this for the second time now since 2003 I have learned I need every ounce of help I can get, but only have the time to read so much. I am more likely to read threads that touch on what is going on in my life or new ones that have less that 2 pages to read. I will however read everything written to me in my journal and try ot answer as soon as I can. Don't know how this adds to or takes away from what you are suggesting but this where I am . I check my journal at least once a day if I can and everyother day unless I'm doing badly then I hide,but you can always send me a personal email at my email address if you want it.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 10:05

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXSTAR
If language bothers you try to block it out it's not intentionally meant to be offensive to you.

<Mod Hat On> Just a reminder that profanity is not allowed on the forum, so let's keep it clean. <Mod Hat Off>

Great idea! Im not sure I've grasped the whole concept, but here goes.

- Feeling Guilty
One of the things I've felt a bit guilty about is that I've been hovering for soooooo long at my current weight. I do post what I'm doing in my journal, but I've often wondered if the TDC'ers wonder why I haven't yet made it to Onederland. Well, I've shifted gears over the last few months and have finally started working out hard. My goal right now is to build muscle mass, so I'm just not focusing as much on losing overall scale weight.

I do get frustrated that I haven't lost weight, though. It's so hard to want to lose the overall scale weight and build muscle at the same time. You just can't do them both at the same time, so one of them has to take a back seat. I'm always questioning myself whether I'm doing the right thing.

I absolutely love working out now, though. I never dreamed I'd be one that would enjoy it. It was always a burden or a chore before. But now, I love the way I feel afterwards. So, at least for a few more weeks or months, I'm going to focus on being active.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 10:36

Plan: LC - 50C or less
Stats: 455/246/200 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 82%

We cant curse? hehe I didnt relize that. Even in journals? or no?

Anyway I love it Trixstar! Although I think it will eventually get moved to the "everything else" forum probobly because if I understand right we can just ramble on and on huh I went through journals yesterday trying to post hi's and all and it took up tons of time (which isnt always a bad thing..but during the week I dont have enough time for it all) It will be great having one place where we can chat and others can jump in if they like. Get some people that just need a place "safe" to vent or what not.

I will undoubtedly offend someone sooner or later in the other forums if I keep expressing opinions so I can do it here if I think its too risky for the general public. Because face facts after this thread gets so long no one will read it except the people posting in it just for the sheer fact is they will get bored if it doesnt interest them. But its a GREAT idea for some ladies that really want to get to know people and form some personal relationships, more than just one on one. More like one on many (sounds kinky). But we all get the same info without posting 40 times that you bought a camera off ebay

Speaking of which, how do you like it? I did the same thing about a month or so ago. I LOVVVVE Ebay. Although thats probobly the lazy person in me talking because now a days things seem to be getting higher and higher in prices even on there. I bought a few in the stores and ended up taking them back because they werent what I wanted. Then I studied for awhile and figured out which cam had more of what I wanted and ended up buying http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1 I LOVE IT!

I work for a security company. I sit in front of monitors all day waiting for someone to break into somewhere. Acctually...most of the time Im just griping about all the false alarms everyone sets off everywhere. No wonder it takes the cops too long to get to a real emergency, no one knows how to work their security.

Its a really easy job for the most part. And we get paid good...to just sit here :P It doesnt get really really busy unless their is bad weather out, that seems to set off every alarm in the state (fences ect). The busy days are really stressful though, usually you have a ton of people calling you mad as hell because "your crap doesnt work right!". I only have to work with one other person in the room, acctually only one in the whole building because I only work on the weekends when the other staff is off. I cant barely stand the ONE person I work with so thats a good thing for me that there arent more for me to get annoyed with. I swear they hire the most disfunctional people here. I think my co-worker is crazy...literally. And talk about ANNOYING ~ DONT get me started on that. lol

(see i started the ranting already on here)

Ok back to your initial thread.

My promise isnt exactly to myself, its to my family. They are the reason Im making this change in life (better late than never). I want my kids to have wonderful memories from their childhood, not stuck in the house watching tv (probobly getting fat or something) for the whole time, and of course I want those memories also. I want to be able to look back and not feel shame or guilt because I wasted so much of my life due to weight. I promise to stick to this as my new way of life forever and lose weight and be healthy.

Low for the Day - Im at work (duh) acctually the low is really I packed a bag this morning of low carb goodies and forgot the whole bag. But I do have yesterdays dinner than I didnt eat here so Ill be ok

High for the Day - GOING HOME!~!! Being with my hubby when I get home for a bit of quiet time before bed. The kids are alseep and even though I dont get to see them but a few minutes for two days its still nice to have that little alone time for us.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 15:44

BF:

Wake uppppppp tricia Im bored...and hungry. Still have over 5 hours left of this hell today, then HOME!! SANCTUARY~!!!~~!!~

Good news is I weighed myself this morning and lost something...cant remember what but it was not my mind at least.

Amber
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 20:22

Plan: Atkins-induction
Stats: 270/270/140 Female 5"5'
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hey Can I Come Play Too?!!?!!?!?!

I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A PLACE TO BIOTCH, COMMISERATE, AND TO BE. I READ THE THREADS COMPULSIVELY AND DO GET ALOT OUT OF THEM. BUT, I RARELY POST AND AM STARTING TO FEEL ALIENATED. I HAVE BEEN LOWCARBING FOR JUST OVER 7 MONTHS I'VE BEEN HAVING GREAT SUCCESS UNTIL LAST MONTH.........NOW OMG...I HAVE BEGUN TO BINGE....NOT ON CARBS BUT ON LEGIT FOODS...U MAY BE THINKING WHATS THE BIG DEAL...IT'S HUGE.....I AM OUTTA CONTROL AND EATING WHEN NOT HUNGRY...THE LAST 2 DAYS I'VE CONSUMED UPWARDS OF 2000-3000. I WAS WORKING OUT 5 TO 6 DAYS A WEEK AND FEELING GREAT ABOUT IT....I HAVEN'T WORKED OUT IN OVER A WEEK...I HAVE WALKED BUT NOT W/ ANY SWEATING GOIN ON....I NEED HELP AND DON'T EXACTLY KNOW WHAT WILL HELP...I WAS, AND APPARETNLY AM, AN EMOTIONAL EATER. I FEEL DEPRESSED AND KNOW THAT I SHOULD BE CELEBRATING MY PROGRESS...BUT I FEEL LIKE I'M SLIPPING BACK INTO THE ABYSS OF SELF-DESTRUCTION..RECENTLY, I HAVE STARTED OUT EACH DAY W/ THE I'M GOIN BE OK AND END UP W/ THE I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT OK AND SINKING FAST.

SO HERE I AM, AT A CROSS ROADS, OF SORTS,

GRASPING FOR A LIFE-PRESERVER...THAT'S U FOLKS...JUST SO U KNOW.... NO PRESSURE ...LOL...

I PROMISE TO: GET UP EACH DAY AND REMIND MYSELF WHY I HAVE EMBRACED THIS WOL ....CARB INDUCED DEPRESSION WAS YUCK(I NEED TO EXPERIENCE LIFE ...TO REALLY EXPERIENCE IT AND THE WEIGHT WAS SOOOOOOOOO HINDERING MY ABILITY TO LIVE)...I PROMISE TO EXPLORE WHY I FEEL THE NEED TO BINGE...HATE SELF-EXAMINATION ..SHHHHHHHHHH DON'T TELL ME!!...LOL.. I PROMISE TO BE HONEST W/ MYSELF AND TO TREAT MY BODY W/ THE RESPECT IT DESERVES...IT'S SEEN ME THROGH SOME SERIOUS HELL!!!...I PROMISE TO START A JOURNAL AND TO NOT ONLY VISIT IT AND HERE BUT TO ACTIVELY PUT MYSELF OUT THERE...NOT AN EASY THING FOR ME TO DO...I AM A GREAT SURFACE PERSON BUT, NOT SO GOOD REALLY LETTING PPLE IN TO MY PRIVATE SANCTUARY..(THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS I SAID, 'SANCTUARY' NOT 'SANITARIUM'...THO U WILL UNDOUBTLY FIND OUT THEY CAN BE INTERCHANGABLE...LOL)
W/ THAT SAID, IF UR ALL WILLING, STRAP URSELF IN AN ENJOY THE DHARMA-EXPERIENCE... IT MAY NOT ALWAYS BE PRETTY BUT I PROMISE IT WILL BE WHAT IT IS

HIGH=FINDING THIS THREAD
LOW=TELLING THE MAN IN MY LIFE THAT I GOING TO DOCS TO DISCUSS GETTING MY TUBES TIED.....HE WAS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER...

ANYHOW CHEERS
AND THANKS FOR JUST BEING...IT'S HELPED ME IMMENSLEY
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 20:34

BF:

Hiya Dharma !! Im getting ready to leave work soon..have to clean up. Ill write tomorrow early but just wanted to shout hi at you and say WELCOME
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 20:57
Registered Member

Plan: e-diets Atkins
Stats: 289/273/200 Male 6' 5"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Son of a..... Ok I am sueing for false advertising. THought the title meant something else... keep up the great work ladies
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 22:19
entering eclipse

Stats: 320/300.3/145 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress: 11%
Talking Morning!

I have to say, I'm so happy to come here and see that people are interested! I so SO needed people to talk to and look!

anyhoo....Primate...do check back as we upload new pics...or stay if you want "babes" is unisex. It's all a matter of perspective...if you think you're a babe, you are! oh, and please forward all legal matters to our legal dept...Who's our lawyer again???

Here's some me information
I'm from Vancouver, Canada originally but spent 3 years in central Alberta before I came to Japan. I'm here for work and the money to pay off debts and I guess to see the world. I just knew that if I stayed where I was I would stay there forever. I was working 2 jobs, going to school, barely getting by because of debts and really never getting out and meeting anyone. I had my friends whom I love and basically we were always together. It got to the point where they were all starting to have babies having just gone through the "everyone get married stage". Now don't get me wrong, I truly love them all but the whole marriage/ new baby stage is extremely hard on the single friends and this was the second time I'd been through this...all my school friends are on the coast (Vancouver) and I'd been through that already soooo 2nd time around I figured okay, that's enough I'm outta here. And I left. Had been studying education at school, long story there, anyways was tired of the whole school/work thing and well everything. made the decision to go and 6 months later I left. Best decision I ever made.

Now 2 years later, I have traveled lots, met new people and rediscovered myself so to speak. I don't sit at home and watch movies every night, I never watch tv (mostly because it's in Japanese) but I did have sattelite and I cancelled it, never watched it. I quit smoking last year (May is one Year!!!) and I have more interest in everything. I am learning Japanese, re-learning french (starting Friday), and going to Europe for 6 months next year.

whew, that's a long speach but easier to just get it said I guess. Living in Japan is one of THE wierdest things you could ever do. BUT, I'm glad I did it...

so back the weight...was really happy about the 5pds. I've been sticking to induction for 3 weeks now and I REALLY needed to see something. It was a bit discouraging at first though because I stepped on the scale "what the fk??" 2 pounds? and it was only half way through my swim that I remembered "oh YAH kg-pounds = great loss!!" I've been overweight since oh, probably grade 10 and that's a long story too. I succeeded at weight watchers once (35pds) but went on holidays and never got back into the swing of things. I'm a bit terrified to cheat because I'm scared I won't start again and I'm REALLY picky about what I eat so if I only have food I don't feel like I don't eat and I pout. It's always better in the morning though thankfully. I won't eat sweeteners because I don't think they're good for you so I still have suger in my coffee and tea and every night when I'm really craving sugar I have a cup of tea and I can get through it usually or I pout and go to bed SOOO what that means is I eat the same things every day blahhh. My routine is ok for me because I only have me to think about but I can't imagine with kids and a husband. It will get better in the summer though when it's hot and our appetites lesson. but my worst WORST thing is Ice cream!!! I eat it all year and I am almost dying without it.........

Memaw, nice to see you...this thread is pretty much a gathering point I think. Sometimes it just takes too long to visit everyones journals but I understand it's not for everyone.

Diemde, thanks for the warning about the language...I don't usually spell out the words they're just such a part of my horrible regular speach....will try though... I think when you do make the switch like you've done to muscle mass and away from the scale you will hover at the same place for quite a while but the inches (you're measuring right?) will change and things smooth out everywhere then suddenly the weight just starts dropping again quite quickly. Good for you though, good track to be on, can't wait to get there.

DHARMA BUM, I'm really glad you found this thread! But I think babe, that maybe weight isn't the only problem? You said that your low was telling your man that you want to get your tubes tied. Maybe there's more to it that you need to deal with, maybe not. But, I find that when I have a huge thing to deal with or that i have to think through I just get sunk until I slog my way through the crap and find an answer. Even if the answer sucks, at least I know where I have to go and what I have to do to eventually get to where I feel good. For me this is everythign from doing my budget to deciding if my current life plan is taking me where I want to go....the slogging period can go on for months if I just don't want to think about it but I notice that when I do push things away EVERYTHING tends to get crappy until I deal with whatever. hmmm this is getting a bit preachy sorry...anyways..just wanted to say welcome! and ended up going on ...stop by my journal if you have a minute and do start yours...

Okay...have to go to work..;(
have a great day everyone!

My HI was- losing 5 pounds and actually going swimming
My LOW was- last night, major meltdown wanted sweets so bad!!! and normal food (not from Japan) just had to go to bed.

Tricia
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 23:36

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

I have to say, I love it here, I cannot stop coming here, I think my brain would snap if I did. I don't know why.

I am frustrated lately. I have been carb free without cheats for 2 whole months. One craving, and I didn't do anything about it. I didn't give in. I am lucky. But I need to lose the rest of the God forsaken weight. I want to loss about 5ish pounds. That is all. Omg. Lol. I am trying though.

Trixstar - I am so jealous of you. I want to go to Japan so bad, I want to go to an Ayumi Hamasaki concert and Gackt too. I love Japanese artists hahaha. Must be hard to get anything low carb there, or not? I love their candy, it's so good. I wouldn't touch American candy if you paid me. But Japanese OoOoh different story.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-05, 10:59

BF:

Just wanted to say hey today, not staying on much due to a splitting headache right now. Oh..but I am trying to quit smoking starting today (again). Lost weight for the week, hopefully everyone had a good weight loss for the week.

Dharma:
Not sure how to help Dharma Im never good at the "knowing what to say" part of life. I always feel like a total jerk when someones letting me know they feel bad because I dont know how to make them feel better even though I want to. Your more than welcome to come here and complain, yell, cry, scream or do whatever you deem necessary to get through it and continue with us. It does sound like your having alot of personal life tourmoil. Sadly even if I knew what to say I couldnt fix it. But stay strong!! You will and can make it through this.

If your feeling like binging make yourself get out and do those exercises instead. Or instead of getting snacks you CAN binge on...get things that are in smaller packages or portion them out yourself. I always say that eggs (eww) curb hunger and cravings. If your going to binge you MUST eat 3 boiled eggs. That is my perscription, take 3 and call me in the morning. Do you recognize a trigger food? If you find it and avoid it you can get it done alot faster.

Just dont give in!!!

Trixstar:
Hey gurl - nice job on the 5 lbs! You doubled mine ~ grrr . Although your on the "other team" in the weight loss challange so I shouldnt be cheering you on. My hubby asked me what we win for the challanges, told him nothing. He asked what the point was then, which Im not real sure .. just for encouragment I suppose but wouldnt it rock if we won something. We should set something up like that. I dont know what we could win...but Im sure we could think of something. Maybe even charge a $1 or 2 to join in the challange. A cool prize or even just the $ at the end would be awsome. A new scale hehe ~ a weeks of Atkins bars (ewww).

Diemde:
We will watch our mouths I promise. If your goal is to work up your muscle mass (right now) then your on the right track for sure!!! Im sure if anyones wondering they would ask you. Nothing to feel guilty about anyway Your doing great, everyone loses at different rates in different phases of the weight loss anyway, maybe they think your just platueing right now (yes I know I cant spell). Either way its none of their concern really...they are probobly too consumed with their weight struggles to fully focus on yours anyway so no need to feel that way.

Ayustar:
I think this place is a life saver too, said it many times over. In my heart I know I wouldnt be doing this well if I didnt have these forums and such. Someone called it a low carb retreat and said it felt like they were "getting away" from it all. I feel like that too on here. Safe, ya know. Like I can open up here and talk about things I wouldnt just talk to people Im close with...much less someone I barely know. Its nice.

Althgouh that last 5 lbs can be frustrating Im sure, maybe your done. Maybe your body is done that is. You have accomplished so much, is it possible your goal was set 5 lbs too much? Is 5 lbs going to matter THAT much? ( I dont know your frame so I couldnt say one way or the other ) Something to think about I guess.

LOW : Got home last night and ended up staying up too late and woke up with a terrible headache

High : Weigh in was 294.6 - lost 2.4 lbs this week.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-05, 12:48

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

I am 4'10, medium frame I think, I am not sure. I would have to ask someone who can actually stand back and take a look ahha.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-05, 13:14
library diva

Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

First I have to say- Dharma we started at the same time with the exact same weight and are only 1 inch apart in height!!! I'm always excited to see someone with similar stats to mine. You are further along than I am- way to go! How are you doing it?

Quote:
Write a promise to yourself/body of what you want to do and why (this can be private but doing it makes you really internalize and think about you and can help you to get excited to do this)
- Start a journal for individual messages
- Hi's and low's (when you post just at the bottom put your hi for the day and your low ex. hi-drank 4 glasses of water low-feeling really homesick today)

- TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU NEED!! what are your needs! where do you need attention are you excercising to beat the devil and no one is noticing TELL US we'll say god **** girl you're awesome etc etc.
- Let people know about YOU. only talking about weight is ok but really, friends are where it's at. I, personally, want to KNOW that you love/hate your job, have kids/want them, bought a new camera last week, like to WHATEVER . make this personal and it will help. even if you fall off we'll be there yanking you back on by whatever body part we grab (lol sorry) you get the picture.
- Give as much as you take! you never know who might not be able to post one day because they feel like such crap but by reading something can make it to the next lowcarb day.
- Upload a picture so we can see you. No one's judging you here, we want to see your beautiful smile! or cranky face whichever!

I have been l/cng since about Oct 1st of 2004. Doing really well too. My problem is with exercise. I have a gym membership that I pay $26.00 a month for, but am not using it. I have pilates and yoga DVDs which I like but I cannot seem to get my butt out of bed in the morning to do these things. I am really needing some motivation to exercise. I KNOW that I should just go and do it b/c its good for me...somehow that isnt working though. Any suggestions? My next mini goal is to be at 192 by May 16th. Only 2.5 more lbs in 4 weeks- think I can handle it! Then my next mini goal is to be at 170 by October 1st of this year.

Anyway, about me-I am in graduate school for Library and Information Science- taking 2 courses a semester while working full time at a job I loathe- should graduate December of 2006. Currently I have a 4.0 and am really working hard to keep it! I have a wonderful husband...he has a daughter from his previous marriage...I enjoy reading, fencing (the kind with swords- where I met DH), watching movies, and our 3 cats. I love to cook but hate to clean up after. I am a total pack rat and am trying to become less cluttered. I like to travel and have been to many places in the US. Outside the US I've been to Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, Canada, and Costa Rica.

High today- ok this is going to sound really gross and may be WTMI in my intro- but I think I am getting over this constipation finally. Ew.

Low- feeling incredibly depressed about work and all that relates to my current job.

Promise to my body- I will eat when hungry- I am not going to eat unless I am hungry (unless I know I will be nowhere around food later and that this is the only chance I'll have to eat).

Journal- yep I have one!

I will have to see if there are any pics of me at 242lbs out there. I havent had any taken recently- I am just a bit wary of posting a photo due to privacy issues and a scary ex-husband. I will give it some thought though. Hope I can join you guys!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-05, 13:24
library diva

Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

Livewell-

I am doing a weightloss challenge at work- we each put in $1.00 a week then if we gain any by the next week have to put in $.50 for each 1lb gain. I won the last challenge here at work and got 1/2 the money (the other 1/2 went to charity). Though there doesnt need to be a monetary reward for weight loss- next time your DH asks what you get for winning- you could reply "the knowledge that I worked my A$$ off literally!"
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-05, 23:19

Plan: Atkins-induction
Stats: 270/270/140 Female 5"5'
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey All...thankyou Soooooooooooo Much

LiveWell I KNOW WHAT U MEAN I NVR KNOW WHAT TO SAY WHEN SOMEONE IS MELTING DOWN INFRONT OF ME...WHAT YOU SAID WORKED GREAT FOR ME. THANKS. I NOW HAVE ONE DOZEN EGGS BOILED AND READY FOR TOMORROW....AND A SWACK OF WATER (TRIXSTAR'S ADVICE)

ssofian WOW THAT'S AMAZING EXACTLY THE SAME STARTING WEIGHT ...i'LL TELL YOU A SECRET....I REALLY DON'T EXPECT TO GET TO 125 BLS...SHHHHHHHHH DON'T TELL. I'D BE EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH HITTING 140-13O LBS. HELL, I'M HAPPY WITH FEELING HEALTHIER. IT'S FUNNY HOW WE (ME) FOCUS SOOOOOOOO HARD ON AETHETICS AND FORGET HOW AMAZING IT FEELS TO JUST BEING ABLE TO CLIMB A SET OF STAIRS W/O WANTING TO DYE OF EMBARRASSMENT AND A POSSIBLE HEART ATTACK...LOL... AS, TO YOUR QUESTION AS TO HOW I AM DOING IT. I STAYED ON STRICT INDUCTION AND EXERSISED 4-6 DAYS A WEEK ...NOTHING CRAZY A WALK.(I LOVE WALKING) SWIMMING, WATER AROBICS, STATIONARY BIKE, ROLLERBLADING...WHATEVER STRUCK MY FANCY...I NEED VARITY OR I GET BORED. HOWEVER, SINCE MARCH, I HAVE BEEN HAVING SOME SERIOUSLY ISSUES W/ BINDGING OUT....OOOOOOOOOPS. I'M RE-EVALUATING MY PROGRAM AND ISSUES THAT HAVE LEAD TO THIS. I AM VERY FRIGHTENED THAT I WILL SLIP BACK INTO BAD HABITS AND PERHAPS A TUB OF CHOCOLATE...LOL YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB W/ THIS WAY OF LIFE. WE ALL LOOSE AT DIFFERENT RATES. THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE DECICATED 7 MONTHS TO ENRICHING YOUR LIFE IS A HUGE TESTIMENT TO YOUR SUCCESS. I BET YOU FEEL PHYSICALLY A MILLION TIMES BETTER THEN B4 WHEN CARBS RULED YOUR LIFE...I AM ASSUMING, LIKE ME, YOU WERE ALWAYS TIRED AND MOODY. YOU MAY NOT HAVE BEEN AND I AM SORRY IF I AM OFFENDING YOU...SOOO NOT MY INTENTION....JUST WANT TO POINT OUT THAT OUR SUCCESS ISN'T JUST MEASURED IN LBS OR INCHES THAT IT SHOULD BE MEASURED IN HOW WE FEEL.ANYHOW I AM RAMBLING. I AM EXTREMELY GLAD TO HAVE MET YOU. YOU' RE RIGHT IT IS EXCITING MEETING SOMEONE W/ SIMULAR STATS .
[COLOR=Blue]TRIXSTAR
THANK-YOU FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE...I WROTE IN YOUR JOURNAL BC I WENT TO MY JOURNAL FIRST....

GOODNIGHT ALL AND AGAIN THANKS FOR JUST BEING