Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-16, 15:18

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I am down 1.2 today and .2 under last week's CN, So anything I lose from now until the next CN is pure bonus! I love it when this happens.

ROX - congrats on getting 2 off!!! And the NSV was purely awesome! I recently read somewhere that during weight loss, even though the scale may not seem to be moving, there are changes going on in the body. I wish I would have bookmarked the site, it was a great motivational site. Now I forget where I found it! But it made me realize the truth in it.

CHRISSIE - you are also on top of it! Last year on this date I weighed 215.8 lbs. I am 12.4 lbs lighter this year than last year!

PEGGY - 13 lbs down is a great achievement, no matter how long it took. And because you are conscious of your diet, you will lose further - medication or not. Your caloric level cannot possibly make you gain fat. I understand the desire to drop the level lower - I feel that desire all the time. And I do try to keep the level low on my LC days. At least every other day! But being conscious of what we are eating is what is keeping us from gaining again. The minute we stop controlling our diet is the day we start seeing fat gains. We all do what we have to do. And I think you are doing a grand job!

Today I woke up very late! And Ed wanted Mexican for lunch. So I ordered my Tilapia & Shrimp. He eats my rice & beans and I just eat the low carb stuff. Later I am going to have a spinach salad with my homemade Creamy Avocado Dressing which I love so much. I have some leftover smoked pork tenderloin to put on top. Tastes just like Ham to me but without all the salt! And no carbs! So that's the plan.

I hope we all see another loss for tomorrow. And if not, remember that we are all doing our best. One can go mental and starve themselves just to see a few lbs go away, or one can be realistic and cut back while allowing themselves a bit of freedom. It may take longer, but it is sustainable. And our chosen CNS plan gives us some sanity room. So enjoy it when it happens!
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-16, 18:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hello my fellow CN friends and thanks for your kind words and support.

Congrats on getting .2 under last CN weight Paulette. Looks like you are going to have a great net loss this week. That dressing sounds wonderful, will you post the recipe for us?

25 pounds lighter than last year is something to be proud of Chrissie. Great job!

Peggy, 13 pounds is quite an accomplishment with your meds and all the injuries you have been dealing with too! I am glad that you are starting to see the losses in the mirror. We are so judgmental of ourselves. It takes me being told how much better I am looking before I really take a good hard look in the mirror and see it myself.

I was down 1.5 this morning, 1.0 to get back to last Saturday CN, with 3 days to get there.

I absolutely love this plan, I don't really care how long it takes me to get to goal. I just want to feel better, look better, and be healthy. This has become a life style for me, and certainly one that I can live with for life.

Have a great night all.
  #198   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-16, 19:09

BF:

Here is the recipe for the Creamy Avocado Dressing. I plunked the ingredients into MyFitnessPal to get the nutrient breakdown. I love this stuff.

Creamy Avocado Dressing

ServingSize 2 Tbl (about 24 per recipe)
calories per serving - 88
INGREDIENTS:
1 Avocado
1 cup Mayo
1 cup Sour Cream
2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 ½ tbsp Parsley
1 tsp Dill Weed
½ tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper

Mash the avocado then mix in remaining ingredients.

Nutrition Facts
Servings 24.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 88
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9 g - 14 %
Saturated Fat 2 g - 12 %
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10 mg - 3 %
Sodium 115 mg - 5 %
Potassium 26 mg - 1 %
Total Carbohydrate 1 g - 0 %
Dietary Fiber .3 g - 1 %
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g - 1 %
Vitamin A - 2 %
Vitamin C - 1 %
Calcium - 1 %
Iron - 1 %
  #199   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-16, 05:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Good morning everyone.

Thanks Paulette for the recipe. I will be making it this weekend for sure!

Down 1.5 again this morning to 186.0, down .5 more than last Saturday CN. Now, if I can just lose the next two days, I will have a good net loss for the week.

Hope the whoosh fairies came to your houses.
Rox
  #200   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-16, 06:42

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Cool gooooood morning!

PAULETTE......congrats on the 1.2 loss you had yesterday! way to go!!!!!
that is so awesome to be 0.2 under your last cn weight
isn't it great we weigh less than we did a year ago? so much better than in the past, where we would weigh more & more every year
can you please tell me how long the dressing keeps in the fridge? does it have to be eaten every single day, or will it last a couple of weeks?

PEGGY.......i hear what you are saying.....sometimes i just feel like going on a food strike and never eating again. not realistic, but sometimes it feels like the only way to make the scale go down

ROX.....thank you!
and congrats on your 1.5 loss
1 lb in 3 days sounds totally do-able

have a great day girls!
  #201   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-16, 09:13

BF:

Good Morning! I was visited by the evil Flux Monster and I am up 1 lb this morning. No reason why. Just my stupid body fluxing I guess. I hope it goes away tomorrow!!!

#202   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-16, 09:17

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieL
can you please tell me how long the dressing keeps in the fridge? does it have to be eaten every single day, or will it last a couple of weeks?

I have no idea how long it would last. When I make a batch it is normally gone within a week, so I know it lasts at least that long. The vinegar helps the avocado keep from browning, so it is able to last longer. But it is so darned delicious that I eat it daily until gone! And then hope the avocados go on sale again!
  #203   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-16, 09:23

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringamajig
Good morning everyone.

Thanks Paulette for the recipe. I will be making it this weekend for sure!

Down 1.5 again this morning to 186.0, down .5 more than last Saturday CN. Now, if I can just lose the next two days, I will have a good net loss for the week.

Hope the whoosh fairies came to your houses.
Rox

You're welcome Rox! The dressing is very thick and dip-like. I find it necessary to measure my servings or I could easily over-eat it. I could sit and eat the whole bowl with a spoon!!!!!

Congrats on being below last week!!!!! I am jealous! I made it, too, but then it disappeared!
  #204   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-16, 09:48
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Good morning everyone! And congrats on the losses yesterday! I appreciate your encouraging words, everyone. It's actually comforting to have found this thread. Nice to talk with ladies who battle the diet roller coaster the same as I do. Called and got an earlier appt. to see my doc on the 24th to discuss switching me off this beta-blocker to an ACE inhibitor for the BP. Read the side effects on those and they are "weight neutral to possibly WL helping" from the sites I'm reading. Worth a try anyway. I also read beta blockers can cause hair loss and man, has my hair ever thinned out the past 7 years!!!

Back up to 187 this morning, so a gain of .8#. Easy come; easy go. I'm getting used (almost bored) to it now. Had 2 scrambled eggs with a slice of bacon and a chopped green onion chopped in them today. Lunch will be oven-"fried" fish and small salad. Dinner is going to be ground pork stuffed bell peppers. Haven't done those in a long time.

Have a nice day everyone.
  #205   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-16, 11:24

BF:

PEGGY - ug, you & I are up today. Sorry you have to follow me!

I LOVE Stuffed Green Peppers! We have a bunch of them out in the garden getting huger and huger every day, and soon we we'll need to bake them to stuffed tender goodness. You even gave me a wonderful idea for my CN!!!!!!!! Because I always liked to make a ground pork & rice stuffing. We have lots of 'maters coming ripe, too, and they could make a glorious sauce. I have gobs of fresh herbs groing in the garden, so I think my CN will be a home-grown one this weekend! Thank you for reminding me of the stuffed peppers!
  #206   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-16, 19:41

Red face g'nite!

PAULETTE......stupid fluxschmux
thanks for the info.....it sounds really good, so i guess i will just have to suffer & eat it all within a week

PEGGY......i hope you enjoyed your stuffed peppers!
i absolutely HATE green peppers!!! ....but i yellow, red, and orange ones , so i stuff those instead

ROX....

sweet dreams ladies
  #207   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-16, 05:57

Cool good morning all!!

skipped the scale for 2 days......got on it this morning and it STILL hasn't moved!
no one can say i don't know how to maintain!!

have a fantastic friday people!
  #208   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-16, 07:29
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

The peppers were really good. Here's how I made them this time: https://buttoni.wordpress.com/2016/...tuffed-peppers/. But I paid a price for the pork-rind coated oven-"fried" fish I did for lunch. Up to 187.4 today. Isn't the scale supposed to go the OTHER direction? The cheese in the peppers has sodium, too. Sodium gets me every time!!!!! And I drank 10 glasses of water yesterday, too. Nothing seems to help me lose.
  #209   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-16, 12:13

BF:

Good morning all! I have remained stable today, too, so my flux is here to stay. It is awfully hot & humid, though, and my body likes to retain water through these times.

PEGGY - You understand this well, too! Sodium is good for the body, and on hot days we need it if we are sweating a lot outside. And it tastes great. But it can play a mean game with those watching the scale! Remember it is only water flux going in & out of the body. Bodies are complex. Thank you for the recipe link!

CHRISSIE - I am happy to hear of your stability - it is not a bad thing! Like you said, it is better than gaining! But really, good eating habits and mindful control in the whole goal of maintaining your new healthy weight. You may not be at the exact goal you set, but you are so bleeping close to it. I think you are a major success, and the fact that you are keeping your weight stable is a total VICTORY.

I read this article this morning at SparkPeople. It made me think about my own body image. I hope it helps anyone out there who wants to read it:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blo...t_talk_for_good

A good mental image is so important for us. We need to accept ourselves as winners - even though we may not be able to lose that last 10 lbs (or 20 or 30) as fast as we want and actually reach a "GOAL" that we set for ourselves. It would be so great to actually reach that goal - and someday we will - but all in due time. And it takes a heck of a lot of patience.

I lost almost 130 lbs in the past 2 1/2 years. I was hoping to lose it all in 1 year, but reality set in when the old plateau hit me. That is when I had to accept that my body had had ENOUGH. It was going to do things on it's own terms from now on. So I am being kinder to it now. I am watching what I eat, eating nutrient dense foods, tracking not only calories, but also nutrients to be sure I am healthy, and supplementing those that I am low on. I am working to fix my metabolism and get my hormonal rhythms back on track. And it is helping me and allowing me to continue losing at a slow and healthy pace now. If I can lose 1 lb a month, I will be satisfied.

Think about that. To me that is a livable and decent reward for treating myself with a CN once a week. I like the weight I am at right now. I do not feel obese any more. I feel "over weight", but quite "normal" at the same time. I can live with that. I have no real desire to be SKINNY. It would be nice to be skinny, but I don't know if I could maintain that. My body style is not like that. Only time will tell where my weight will land.

You all have a great day! CN is tomorrow! I am hoping to make stuffed peppers!!!!
  #210   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-16, 15:37

Smile laters babies.....

PEGGY......i'm glad you enjoyed your peppers, even though you are now a walking, talking, water-logged sponge
the salty goodness shall soon pass

PAULETTE.....thank you so much; what you said means the world to me
your post was so excellent today! so inspirational!!
i will read that article tomorrow.....i'm not gonna lie....i'm kinda excited.....it seems right up my alley & something i NEED to read (absorb)

ta ta for now....we are off to a free concert in the park
peter karp........he is one heck of a talented musician

peace out peoples...enjoy your night