Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 01:30

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Lynda

What are you looking for in a holiday. Being around 20 years younger than me I expect your priorities are rather different.

I do love Spain, but have never been in high season. I'm off to Egypt in February and aim to take a trip to Canada in September 2004.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 04:01
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleAnne
Hi Lynda

What are you looking for in a holiday. Being around 20 years younger than me I expect your priorities are rather different.

I do love Spain, but have never been in high season. I'm off to Egypt in February and aim to take a trip to Canada in September 2004.

Funny when we went to benidorm it was end of seaso (my honey moon) it was like blackpool with sun I hated it!!

My dream holiday would be a trek across Africia, I was going to do one with the chariety called mind but I had to get a minmum of 2thosand 500 hundred to do it!! Its ok raising a few hundred but that amount is a lot, never mind one day!!

I quite fancy greece I want to go where it is lively but not with people like you she on the club 18-30 holidays and not with the the blu rionce brigade!! lol

So if people can maybe just put where they have been, their views and marks out of 10 that would be great we can run a mini WISH YOU WHERE HERE.

Anne I hope you enjoy your holiday to Egypt it should be great, I see you want to loose another 10lbs before then, go for and good luck
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 04:04
Yo-Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbie.B
OOOOOOOOOOOO Lynda go to the States and bring us back some LC goodies

You know it's not a place I have ever fancied, but my husband is chompin at the bit to get there, the more people I speak to, who have been I get a little more interested!!
I suppose we will go one day, I cant keep gettin everything my way on holiday destenations (or can I? )
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 11:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleAnne
You can find the forum rules as the 3rd bullet down on the right hand side. Here is a link to them .

DOH!!!!
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 11:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

I went to a Greek Island called Kos in 1990. I was 17 and it was my first holiday without my parents i had the most fantastic time.
I can't remeber where we stayed but it wasn't the main town. Where we were was quieter had lovely sandy beaches and a good mix of young and old. Night life was good too.

We went to the main town one night on a trip and that was horrible, the beaches were all stoney and there were lager louts everywhere.

When i was 6 years old my family went to Canada and then we drove to Florida!!! Now all i remember about that trip was my Great Uncles car and waiting for what seemed like hours waiting to go on Space mountain at Disney world to get to the front for the bloody thing to break down. I cried my eyes out. Didn't think at the time how lucky i was that it didn't break down while we were on the ride!!! LOL

My Mum has been to Egypt 3 times now she even took my 80 year old Gran with her the last time. They always have a lovely time there, and feel very safe, dispite what you may hear about the place. Two of the times they have gone there they have stayed on a boat travelling down the Nile stopping at various places for sight seeing.

Also been to Gibraltar, don't mean to offend anybody but don't go there. Apart from 'The Rock' there isn't anything to see. I was working out there and must admit i did enjoy it, but i don't think i would have been impressed if i had gone there for a holiday.
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 07:44
Yo-Yo

Ebbie It sounds like you have traveled to so many places I am so untravelled I always wanted to back pack round the world but being 371 pounds kinda put me of. I always said when I lost my weight I would travel the world (ha) I met Steve now my DH and with weddings and funerals and morgates life has kinnda got in the way. Steve likes a holiday but hes not like me I could travel the world no problem (steve likes his home comforts to much. MAybe one day I might go on an adventure with a friend (or It may always be a pipe dream who knows) I suppose I am a bit of a dreamer its the piscean in me, steve is a bit more of a realist, which is a good thing!! (bless his heart)