Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-12, 05:58

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

It's the day after Christmas and I hope this thread will help me again. The wheels fell off the bus, this my third holiday season after surviving the first two without weight gain. The week before Christmas was a cruise with way too many complimentary drinks, and sweets, and then when home for the holiday all resolve flew out the window. Only tiny amounts of wheat, but enough sugar to make me sick. So my commitment is to follow the Westman plan until NYE, finishing up some cheese and veg not allowed on Stillman. Then start Stillman until back at 167, later add more veggie for maintenance. Yes, short term thinking, but so was my recent detour with the sugarplum fairy.
I found out by tracking food for a month last August, Stillman, at least the way I did it, was not all that low in fat because of the meat, and it helped me to avoid the added fats for a while. If anyone wants to rejoin Jan 1, welcome.
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-12, 23:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/HCG
Stats: 238/143.2/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 92%

Westman? That's a new one for me!

Best of luck to u!! I may jump on if I can't get this five pounds off that I have gained. I JUST got to goal with HCG. And the SF cheesecake and too much dairy have done me in!
  #198   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-12, 04:05

Dr. Eric Westman is one of the three authors of the New Atkins for a New You. It is his clinic program that is in the back of Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes. Some on this board will say they are on Taubes's program (who is a journalist!) when they are really following Westman's clinic program. I am lucky to be a patient there and just try to keep it accurate here

Wow, congratulations...you are at goal! I would have changed my stats immediately..show off that success I do not change my account when going in the other direction And am really at 176 this morning..it piles back on quickly. 169 just squeezes into the healthy BMI range for me and that will be my first and non-negotiable goal.
  #199   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-12, 12:38

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
If anyone wants to rejoin Jan 1, welcome.

Hey Janet, I think I will join you. Need a little boost again, lol.
  #200   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-13, 06:37

Since Jan 1, I have been delving back into various nutrition books and am totally confused. Have had some success this first week, though likely it is just the water related to glycogen stores from my dally with sweets. I had decided to follow the Stillman rules, plus try Whole 30 and eliminate dairy, so no cottage cheese or yogurt either. Almond milk is frowned upon because it so highly processed. Coconut cream is good, but high in fat.
I have also found it impossible to do without veggies completely and have added little bits here and there to dishes. Just finished reading The Perfect Health Diet and re-reading much of the Smarter Science of Slim, both of which make me want to add more carbs than allowed on Stillman. So I am not as strict Stillman as I was last August, but close enough to lose five pounds in a week. I’ve averaged close to 1200 calories a day and 20g carbs this week. My head is spinning with the nutrient density of vegetables and the safe starches for weight loss plan, but I will just keep on for another week. Reevaluate then.
  #201   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-13, 05:17

Fauve, hellooo? Thought there would be a rush for jump start programs Jan 1, but this forum seems unusually quiet. I won't be posting again on this thread because really haven't been following STillman rules, though I did lose three more pounds. My DD had a terrible flu/cold which I am now fighting after driving her to doctor's office. 2 1/2 Years without ever being sick so I wonder if dropping veg and dairy wasn't smart. Made some greens and fruit smoothies because not really hungry, so I am waaaay off the Stillman program. Happy that I will be back to a healthy BMI by doctor's check -in at end of month, but now need to focus on nutrients for the labwork while still remaining ketogenic.
  #202   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-13, 09:07

Plan: Keto IF
Stats: 275/242.8/192 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Pretty quite here on the Stillman thread

lost interest

Last edited by joel381 : Fri, Jan-18-13 at 18:45. Reason: removed question
  #203   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-13, 10:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/HCG
Stats: 238/143.2/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 92%

I'm back on board! Prolly will be a short term round for me. But I'm up to 146.2 yesterday and I want to grab hold before I lose it again and a few pounds turns to 20! I have been on plan so idk what the deal is an idc. Just need to get back to goal. I started yesterday and I was down 3 pounds today! This is why I love stills!!

Here's to another good drop tomarrow!
  #204   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-13, 18:02

Plan: Stillmans
Stats: 237/227/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hello out there Is anyone currently doing Stillmans? Im interested in giving it another go and would love some company
  #205   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-13, 09:17

Plan: Stillman's
Stats: 210/191.2/135 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:

~InToWin- I am currently doing Stillman's now. I started a few days ago but I ate a bunch a cheese and it stalled me So now I'm starting over. I would love to join you.
  #206   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-13, 18:09

BF:

Hiya BucketGirl How are you? Did you get over the cheese stall ok? I'm on my 2nd day and I feel really good so that's motivation to keep going. I need to drop a lot of weight by this summer and I know Stillman's works
  #207   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-13, 11:50

BF:

This past week went really well and I feel pretty good. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 8 pounds since Tuesday. Wow 8 pounds in 5 days is unbelievable! I hope you are all doing well too.
  #208   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-13, 12:18

Plan: Keto IF
Stats: 275/242.8/192 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by InToWin
This past week went really well and I feel pretty good. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 8 pounds since Tuesday. Wow 8 pounds in 5 days is unbelievable! I hope you are all doing well too.

Good job on the 8# with the Stillmans approach. Do you stay with it for a several weeks or short term? Looks like it might be tough, pretty active thread over on LCF's, bound to take weight off.
Good luck
  #209   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-13, 12:33

BF:

I tried Stillmans last year to drop a few pounds for a trip which worked well. This time I want to stick with it as long as I can. I'm taking supplements and listening to my body and things are going very well. I have another HUGE trip this June and this weight has to go We will see...if it is too difficult I can move on to Atkins for a bit. It's tough but I like that I'm rarely hungry.
  #210   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-13, 10:01

Plan: lowfat lowcarb
Stats: 180/175/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InToWin

That is really awesome!! WTG!