Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1006   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-21, 07:07

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Super brief check in from me with hopefully more to come later on. My Dad and SM left today to head back to TX. My brother, SIL and the Littles are here for one more day and leave early tomorrow morning. It has been a good visit (overall, my Dad put a damper on things from time to time, but people are who they are) but I am definitely ready to have my house back and some quiet and solitude. I am sitting in the family room alone for the first time LITERALLY since last Thursday, no lie, but I can hear someone moving around and about to come down. I have not had a full cup of coffee in days. And won't today either bc I'll have to pee at the water fitness class if I do!

So yeah, good visit, SUPER READY to get my house back in order (OMG THERE IS SHIT EVERYWHERE AND I DO MEAN EVERYWHERE) and just REST some. Last night I cooked 4.5 pounds of meat for chili and the entire thing was consumed. We also had salad bar, garlic bread (them) and chips (them but I had some for lunch. lol) The sheer amount of food 12 people consume is astonishing! But none has gone to waste, I actually seem to have nailed quantities pretty well. Just for scale, 10 hearts of romaine! lol Today we're going to grill hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch, and then tonight we are splurging and ordering dinner out from my fave Mediterranean place. My brother and his family were supposed to have left this morning and decided to extend for a day, and I was like, well I'm not cooking again! lololol

We're taking the Littles to play Monster Mini Golf this afternoon as a surprise and that will be a lot of fun. Then things will start winding down after dinner.

Did I say how excited I am for the clutter to be gone and get my house back!? lol

Things will be moving quick again soon though bc I leave with DS22 to take him to NYC this Saturday and I'll be gone until next Tuesday. I can't believe he is actually leaving!
Sponsored Links
  #1007   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-21, 07:08

BF:

Sorry for no personals- bro just came in. They will be coming!
  #1008   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-21, 17:29

BF:

Last one with a full post tomorrow- Everyone left to go to the local custard and water ice place for dessert. I stayed home because I really want to knock out a minimum of 45-60 days on the no sugar no flour challenge. But that also means that NO ONE is home right now but me, even if just for a very short time. GLORIOUS!!
  #1009   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-21, 17:42

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

heart heart heart NIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all- I am to tired. I put in full hour to have it poofed due to battery went dead.

worked all day- and puppy patrol. then to pool for omg just and hour break and I am wiped.

Tomorrow with NIC for full post!!!!!! OMG NIC your food sounded so freaking good.... you sure I'm not a distant relative! HAHAHAHAH
  #1010   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-21, 04:37

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

A muggy, murky morning with showers on and off. Sun is coming up now, so hopefully I'll get some golf in. Even if my partner doesn't want to play, I'm going to go. I need to get out there and figure some stuff out that was going wrong on the weekend.

Had my Dr. appt yesterday and that went fine. He's happy with my blood work results etc and said I'll see you in a year. I asked him about the Shingles vax and if I should get it and he said yes, so I'm going to stop back in his office on Wednesday afternoon and get that over with. I'll have to have another dose in 2-6 months. It's sure better than getting Shingles....a horrible thing. Today I'll finish up at the golf course around 1, then stop in and change Betty's bed linens, rush home to shower and go to the Dentist at 3 o'clock. Good grief.....I'm going to be on the run today. DH is taking Betty to an eye Dr. appt today, so that's why I'm changing her bed. It's easier when she is out of the house, which doesn't often happen.

Busy, busy!
-----------
Nic.....Have fun reclaiming your house today! So you have a few days of peace & quiet before heading to NYC? Do you drive into the city? Man....that scares me to death. We have done it a couple times, but I hope never to do it again. Country girl here! I know you'll have fun getting DS all settled in and enjoying the weekend.

Jaz.....Sorry about the lost post. Sometimes I don't know what combo of buttons I hit, but *poof* there it goes. Maddening. Hope your work week goes smoothly.

Trig....What's up? I really need to get onboard with your zc ways. I know I don't eat enough protein and I need to remedy that. I need to buy a whole beef tenderloin and eat a piece of that nearly every day. I don't like rib eyes or other fatty steaks. I read online how to cook a tenderloin steak in the air fryer and it was so easy and turned out perfectly. I made one for DH the other day. That will be my go to method in future. Anyway, I need to eat less processed stuff and get back to basics. Meat & eggs. My weight is stable, but I know I would feel better with a simpler diet. You are my inspiration!

----------

Just over an hour until I have to get moving. Once I start my day it'll be full on till dinner time. The stupid plumber never called me yesterday, so much for that. DH tightened the faucet and it seems to be holding...for now. I hate it when service people say they'll call or show up and then they don't.

Ok...off I go!
  #1011   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-21, 04:45

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco you take all that alone time you can get your hands on at all times
Not long, you will have your house back, then you can really walk around in your skivvies and put stuff back where it belongs but I know you had a good time seeing everyohe!

ohhh Lori hope that faucet holds....yea service guys are so iffy, I hear ya on that and hope the fix holds!

golf when ya can....showers are around us for sure.

Yea...protein is a big key for all of us. We really need more than we think. I go off and on with fattier cuts like ribeye....live on it for months then one day I don't want it, I go leaner. But you can never go wrong with a tenderloin, I also have to lay in a supply of whole ones....go shopping and get 2 you won't regret it.

Jazz, work, puppy patrol and pool....hey not a bad day truly especially in your nice new apt and new location!

--------all good
storms around
not sure on pool action today, wish the sun would shine, we shall see

hubby off with other driver for another 12 hr drive day....heading somewhere down in Georgia.

kid alseep, dog alseep and I just got back from running garbage bags to MIL's house and then stopped for gas I needed.....yes I move fast MIL never fills her garbage tubs so I cancelled my service and just use hers...hey why not She is only 6 mins down the road...easy peasy.

nothing doing mostly....got a ribeye to eat and leftover pork tenderloin.
I nibbled up on some carbs yesterday, just a bite of this and that but there were alot of nibbles....my guts are off this morning and bloated....yea just from eating little bits here and there....ugh....get head back into game here please LOL I will....

be good all
  #1012   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-21, 06:04

BF:

Ok going to give this another go- I am charged up on the laptop.

Lori- Man oh yeah am I with you on waiting a day for service people that just don't show. Back in the day that never happened. It is more than maddening. It makes me flip. You got a entire day wasted waiting! I feel your pain!

I hear ya on wanting to tighten up! How do you make tenderloin in an air fryer? I made pork chops last week and for the FIRST time ever they were so really good. I only cooked them 6 minutes a side- I could have done five.
The air fryer works SO well with chicken, and pork! I did do a ribeye in it once and it was pretty good. I have done shrimp in it too!

Of course the best is fries! HAHAHAHAHAH

You playing your game today? So last night on start Tank these guys were trying to market a Putter. It I guess is the granddaddy of putters, 600!!!!! For a club!

Trig- 6 miles down the road- easy peasy??????? Do you have any idea what 6 miles looks like in Atlanta????? How much real-estate that covers?!?!?!?!? You are cracking me up!

Country is such a different life style. As a matter a fact- my post that was lost was about country living vs city living. My daughter is very rural and owns 3 acres with a beautiful home, unground pool and a playground she built for the kids that is truly wonderful. She is next to a horse farm and the kids go and pet the 2 horses. She know her neighbor and the people "across" the way......... She is very much in the country.
They have chickens and a rooster next door too she hears in the morning. A real ROOSTER!!!! It makes that rooster crow in the morning. She said she never dreamed her life would be so magical! She is blessed.
She has friends but they were church friends of a young adults group and she has to really travel (45) minutes to see anybody. Had she not had that church connection I think it would have been hard.

NOW........ I am in an apt complex with people ALL around. I know the couple next door and the couple down the hall. That is it. I know them by name and nothing about them other than they are in their 30's. This is a young persons complex. I went to the pool last night- was awesome- had the place to myself!
I guess the thought was is it easier to meet people in a city vs. country- but I don't think so. Country folk work together.

One day my daughters tire blew and a few farmers pulled up changed her tire and gave the kids cookies and she didn't think a thing about it.
Here.......... just call AAA cause nobody will stop.
Anyway- that is pretty much the post from yesterday.

I was just thinking about city life vs country life. You got it good TRIG!. Watch those carb bites they will pull you in fast and take ya down.

NIC- Well you should be about ready to send off your last of the guests and sink into a chair and have some coffee. Then you will look around and say where to start. Or of you are like me say screw it I will get to it after another cup. But I am sure you will have the laundry spinning and the bathrooms cleaned before you go to bed!

You will sleep well! Hosting IS expensive! People don't think about the amount of money it cost to FEED people! Add clean up and all that- it is alot!
Even when my kid comes there is cleaning and groceries.

Enjoy your times. Oh heck ya- out comes the yoga pants and tank top!
YOU SHOULD treat yourself to a LC take out tonight- no cooking!
-------------------------------------------------------
HOT HOT HOT and air so humid you can drink it. Almost too hot. Not a fan of this hot, I will take it over ice/snow any day though. I can sit sit out here on my patio in the mornings and swim in the evening. All good.

I am so wanting a vacy. I have no time built up and I am so new I get the eye when I need time off.
Add that to the fact I have had to take a day here and there for move/ and doctors appts in Atlanta I just have no time.

I did request Savannah time off and will save those 2 days. You know that will be here before you know it!
Trig- are you driving or is family coming and setting up shop around the corner again?
Lori I KNOW you and sis are doing a Thelma and Louise trip! HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Nic- will be ready for wine after Atlanta.

Well the little one is sitting by the door- (good boy) and I need to make up some taco meat anyway before work!

Later!!!!
  #1013   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-21, 06:51

BF:

Jazz

6 MINUTE drive down the road.

not 6 miles LOL

and yea I get rural driving..........everyone says in the South 'down the road a piece' which can be a friggin' hr or a mile depending on where you are trying to go HAHA

Your DD has a great family home and a great location.......that is key in life isn't it? that great encompassing feeling of HOME and she got that, love it for her!!

hey you need a vacay.....you are living the vacay aren't ya LOL
your new apt, your pool, your ocean near ya......just plan that great weekend get away but also as much as you want to move move move and enjoy......remember to take some naps with Rugar

Jazz....you are gonna be floored by season 3 Virgin River.
I just binged watch the end...omg I can't say but geez HAHA
what a series

I am between big clouds and a tad of sun and it is irking the crap out of me. outside and inside, outside and inside....sun goes in, Karen goes in HAHA

ugh

summer here is the pits so far but I hope we roll into Sept with high heat and it goes longer this year? I can hope
  #1014   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-21, 12:07

BF:

Quick check-in before I head to the dentist. Golf went ok......not great, just ok, but better than the weekend. I stopped and got Betty's bed changed and bathroom cleaned. It is so freakin' hot & humid. I wish I didn't have to go back out.

Jaz.....the tenderloin steak in the air fryer.....preheat to 375 degrees, rub steak with olive oil/salt/pepper. 10 minutes then flip for another 5 minutes, let rest for 5-10 minutes. I cook to medium, so you may need to adjust based on how well done you like them. So easy. I always seem to over or under cook them when I do them in a pan, so I'm tickled to have found this method. The ones I cook are about an inch thick.

We may get some nasty t-storms this afternoon/evening. It would be nice to have it break the heat, but I hate the flashing and banging.

"See" you in the morning!
  #1015   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-21, 18:52

BF:

Hi everyone!

Dude I am so freaking tired. OMG. Worked my freaking ass off today- almost 8k steps just in the house. But I got a lot done and feel better about it, getting my environment the way I want it to be, you know?

Lori- Yum tenderloin is so good. The way I do my steaks is a little under 30 minutes at 250 on bake and then I sear it off for about 20-30 seconds on each side of a hot skillet. Usually a perfect medium rare. Oh wait, were you talking about pork tenderloin?

You are as always so good about helping Betty from her sheets to her dips etc. So sweet. And I'm glad your lab reports were good!

Trig- We have had a ton of hot weather around here this summer. Plenty of days in the 90s already and yesterday was a ridiculous 98 with realfeel and humidity over well into the early 100s. I hate it. You would be in heaven. Our pool water is already pretty darn warm.

Nibbling on carbs is pretty unusual for you. What do you think is triggering you? Getting resettled at home? Boredom? Frustration?

Jaz- we need some new pics of Ruger. I bet he is already growing. He sounds super sweet and like he is taking well to training already. That is great! It definitely helps that you are there with him so much.

I am curious if you will grow to like Pooler better after you have been there a while. You are still very new. I bet you meet people and find a Tribe soon.

Well, I am too freaking tired to even try to craft any kind of email this evening. I am just whipped. Tomorrow. But I wanted to get some personals in!
  #1016   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-21, 19:02

BF:

Nic......No..I was talking about beef tenderloin steaks. Yum!
  #1017   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-21, 04:58

BF:

Good Morning!

Running slowly this morning as we had a doozy of a t-storm about midnight that would just not let up. It rained as hard as it could rain and the lightening was something else. Even when the rain stopped and you couldn't hear thunder anymore, the lightening was just lighting up the whole sky. It was weird. So...sleep interrupted big time.

Off to the golf course around 8. It is going to be a soggy mess, I'm thinking. There are some holes that take forever to dry out after a rain and those will be the worst.

Have to get another cup of coffee down and start getting ready. Have a good one!
  #1018   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-21, 05:12

BF:

So you guys with the long time on cooking a steak got me laughing cause I won't wait 15 mins. or 25-30 mins to eat LOL

I am a flash fry on the stove. Heat a pan with some butter, damn near burn the butter on high heat, put my steak in, sear/burn/flip and sear/burn flip and out it comes. I do this with my pork also...I cut my pork up into thinner type slices and do the same.

from fridge to pan to me eating is like max 8 minutes or something like that but darn I know it is fast. I never let anything rest LOL

I honestly despise cooking, the faster in and out I can go the happier I am at all times. I rarely use a fork anymore, yea I am a grrr-animal and just eat with my fingers now. Cheeseburgers I still use a fork tho HAHA

Nicco I bet you are beyond tired....that mental game can wear one out also....gives you that exhausted feeling, but you will recoup soon. I wish I had higher 90s....we are like 86/88 and cloudy and not our deadly higher heat which I love for a swim day ya know but it has to come soon I hope, even a few weeks of the big heat would suit me now

Lori...dentist, ugh. I don't even like cleanings let alone anything bigger than that but enjoy if you can LOL

Glad you got Betty handled!! I gotta set up a day for mom to come for a few days. At least they both of mobile and doing ok ya know and we don't need to do a ton for them, but enough to keep them going well!

Jazz, what's up? yea how do you like the Pooler area? you haven't been long but ya finding your way around and liking it all?

---------today is swim
we got sun and hi of 88 so take advantage

few days we got 90-91-90 and then we drop...to like 83...some storms around I guess but our 'southern high heat' sure ain't around much at all which most people would say is great tho LOL

goof off day

yea I am nibbling which I do in spurts or should I say 'binge nibbles'....which I have to watch out for. I think it is I eat nothing off plan and it builds up cause I am around ALL KINDS of crazy from pizza to Japanese to mac n cheese and dinner rolls and pasta and fries and more ya know....what they eat....and I just boil up to 'I feel cheated/unfair' type feeling and nibble out.........luckily I now nibble binge. I ain't got it in me to eat an off plan meal of any size....but my nibbles, if I go around this house tasting etc a tad of this or that can add up and I can blow up 2-3 lbs and believe me it feels like I ate a house!! I also know I could easily go hog wild haywire so I have to watch me, not a doubt about that.

but today I woke up and said NOT one nibble so I got 2 big nice cheeseburger patties planned and I got a nice Tbone steak for later and I have to shut down the nibbles.

Thing that does hold me off eating stuff also is the taste. 1 tiny taste seems delish....but then when I really really taste it most times it tastes fake, chemicals, like rancid oil taste or gummy texture or or or ya know which is good...shows me this is crap food LOL

hubby came in last night with chicken tenders, a 20 pack for him and kid with fries etc. I ate one fry and it did have a 'weirdo taste' I did not like, so no problem there....done....and then I took a bite of the chicken tender and the breading had some weirdo herby whatever old oil taste to it, I can ''''really taste'''' food now ya know....so I threw the rest out and said NAH this is crap but that is the kind of thing I can do throughtout the day, over nibble like that and it can wreck me fast.

but I see it.
I know it.
I feel it.

I am shutting it down now before I do go batshi* crazy.

Luckily I have years and years and years HA of experience doing this so I know I can control faster now vs. old days of just going off plan for a few weeks and trying to drag myself back on....but I got eyes open and watching me for sure.

ok...off to goof around...gotta hit pharmacy for dog pills in a while and hit store fast for NY Strips on sale and done deal...over and out fast fast fast but the damn pharmacy don't open til 9....9? that is like day over by then LOL
  #1019   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-21, 05:38

BF:

Good morning ladies!

NIC- OH boy do I get so tired you want to crawl into cozy sheets and sleep a year! But hey the home environment that you want to whip into shape will be done. Then you can relax!

HAHAHAHAH- you ask for it- here comes the pics of Rugar. Check your email.

Lori- all your talk of steak makes me want to do exactly as you said! Go get a entire loin and take chucks off it it and call it a day!
I would love to find a beef farmer here - I am going to look into it. I would love to be able to get some HIGH END Angus and free roam grass fed. Wow would that be good.

Yeah- soggy hot mess here too!!!!!

Trig-- hey there- our trip is gonna be here in a blink! You are funny- in out/in out- hahahaha.
I could do outside if it was warm. This humidity though right now is a killer. Not even comfortable.

When is your next excursion? You ever You Tube RV life?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Yup- wonderful living in a place called home is key to being happy! Home can even be transit I have come to find. I am the type to be able to call home wherever I am.

I have also come to understand that home is where my dog/dogs are. I would love to have another one. Someday I want to get another Shibu.

Now I will tell you my kids don't get it. My son especially. He is actually annoyed I got another dog so fast after Bella. He was thinking I could be free to visit HIM on a whim and not lug around a pup. People are either Dog people or they aren't.

Honestly I would rather hang in on a Friday evening, have a really great meal, and the love of a pup on the couch beside me and I am not lonely.
Dogs are people too! I was LOST in that period between Bella and Rugar. LOST. I cried buckets EVERYDAY. I realized I am a better person with a pet in my life! Now do I want to meet people..... yeah..... But I will come home to my fur baby.

I am researching ashawanda and the thyroid and thinking about getting a whisper of it. My daughter takes it for her thyroid issue and it helps her immensely. I have been reading about it. In small doses it is truly amazing with benefits. That is the thing though. SMALL does. She takes 1/8 tea. every morning. But stated it makes a world of difference.

I am also thinking about making some kuboucha for my gut. I want to make it myself so there is not all the crap in it. Looking into health and getting the biggest bang out of what we have at our finger tips!

I am still looking at watching for steps and all that. I think that there are too many to look at and I am thinking about all the perks, options, and ........ I just want a simple to read "fit bit" to track my steps. I don't want all the apps. sleep study, heart rate. Heck I can tell when my heart is pounding. I don't NEED a device to tell me! HAHAHAH

Work- I got some award yesterday for "Compassion/ and collaboration". I got a certificate, a gift and recognized by the "big wigs". I helped a gal with her Capstone project for her BSN class. She needed to interview a BSN with YEARS of experience about healthcare and how to get patient "buy in". Nobody volunteered. My boss kept asking the group for a volunteer 3 times. I finally said ok what do you need. Wasn't expecting anything from it but a conversation with a new nurse. Cool. STACKING money. A monkey could do my job.

Taking off 2 hours early to take pooch to the vet for his last Parvo and nails clipped. Getting time off is like an act of god. oh well- today is going to be sunny and I will not be TIED to the phones today. I am slated to have today to work on the Nevada Licensure. It takes a minute and tons of paper work for every state. If I finish Nevada I will move to Illinois.
I now have MI, and Ohio, and waiting on PA. Of course I have 30 compact states.

Time for more coffee and start my day.
what for dinner?????????? - My one meal...... I guess it's Linner.
  #1020   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-21, 05:52

BF:

TRIG- GIRL get those nibbles under control. We are not like everyone who can handle that. You and I both know that a nibble of the wrong stuff triggers that I WANT IT NOW so fast in your head you have gone off the deep end and said: WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?!?!?- Then you say F it- I am already here might as well swim in a bit.
You know what I say is true!

Remember what Al Roker said after his bypass. I am one cheeseburger (with bun and fries) away from being over 400 pounds again.

I talked to a guy on the phones yesterday. One of my patients. Anyway- he has CHF. So one of the protocols with that is you need to weigh yourself daily to check for fluid.
so what is the issue? He weighs over 450 and can't find a scale to hold that much weight. Can you imagine it? Lugging 2 of me around? Not body shaming...... oh no..... just OMG that could be any of us with a full fledged carb addiction. I know I am a carb addict.
I can't have a bite of this or that. Like the alcoholic can't have a sip. It's over.

Anyway- that is my support. Get your butt back to meat and more meat girl. It is your sweet spot. Splurge now and again for some crab legs!!!! Why not???? Get some- dip those bad boys in some butter. Have a rum drink and stay ZERO!!!!!!!

Later later- talked myself right into picking up crab legs for dinner. Heck- I am getting some fresh shrimp too! That is what I am talking about add Kerrygold butter. Who needs garbage?