Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 21:47

Plan: suzane somers
Stats: 115/115/105
BF:
Progress:
Default clarification

yes, i used to be on somersize, but i switched...
the Aitken's book i'm following is a really old one i got at a garage sale, I think its from the 70's, and he whines about carbs in lettuce.
I don't understand the water issue tho- at least in the edition of his book that I have, he says you don't have to force yourself to drink lots of water.
If I don't drink lots of water does it mean I won't lose any weight?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 23:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Water

Hi Luxy,

Water is very important. It helps flush the ketones out of the body and also helps the cells release fat, so the more you drink the better. Drinking more water has been known to be the factor in breaking a stall. It is possible that keeping your water intake down could slow your weight loss. It may be one of those your mileage may vary (YMMV) things.

As far as the original version of Atkins: I'd suggest investing in the newer version, or wait until the 1st or 2nd week of Dec, the good Dr has a new book coming out. There is a lot of new information in Dr A's NEW Diet Revolution that is helpful. Protein Power is another good source of information for low carbers.

The adage 'information is power' is true for lowcarbing as in other things so the more you read, the better off you'll be. If you don't want to start a LC library of your own, your local library may have some books.

Good luck in your LC journey
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 02:36

BF:
Progress:

thanks for your help!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 08:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/147/125
BF:
Progress: 52%

I don't drink much water and I lost 40 lbs. I drink a lot of diet cola, and eat a lot of salad and veggies so I think I get my fluid intake there. Every "body"'s different though! I don't recall seeing much about water in the newer version of Atkins book either.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 13:40

BF:
Progress:

oh good that sounds hopeful!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 15:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

I actually got down to my original goal weight of 145 by drinking very little water. BUT I have been a big water drinker now for almost 2 months. [ 96-120 oz] I feel sooooo much better and my skin is so soft now.