Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 10:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/171/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default College Locations?

I'm curious to know *which* colleges are being represented by low-carb eaters! It's always fun to know where people are coming from! You never know when a potential friend (and dining partner!) could be living in a dorm or a sorority right next door...

Univ. of Washington in Seattle here! (Go HUSKIES!) I can hardly wait for football season to start... isn't it August yet?

~Aaron
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 16:54

Stats: 205/205/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default My school

I go to University of California, Davis (school of law)
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 08:18

Plan: low salt
Stats: 207/236/160 Female 5'10"
BF:44.1%/33.86%/?
Progress: -62%
Exclamation Alma mater

University of Florida! Go GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 10:33
Registered Member

BF:

Awesome schools! I actually was at the University of Florida a year ago in spring for the Women's NCAA Basketball Tournament, rounds 1 and 2. Man, oh MAN! That is a SWEET campus you have down there. Not only is it gorgeous, but it's HUGE!

It took us almost an hour to walk from the southwest end to the northeast end! Obviously we didn't take a straight route because we didn't know it very well. And we were very amused by the sign at Lake Alice that said to keep small dogs and children away from the lake's edge. How tame are the gators on campus?... are they pretty used to the people, or are attacks common?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 10:43

Plan: low salt
Stats: 207/236/160 Female 5'10"
BF:44.1%/33.86%/?
Progress: -62%
Smile Chomp!

The Gators are not tame at all. They assume any human dumb enough to get near them must be a Seminole (FSU)! LOL Most people know to stay clear of them, with the exception of a few drunk pledges.

Thank you for the compliment of my great campus. One of my first memories of the campus when my folks dropped me off was of the beautiful moss covered trees.

Just FYI: I loved the school so much, I stayed up there for summers. Unfortunately, that allowed me to graduate early missing out on more time at that great school.

Thanks again,
Julie
Class of '93
(not quite a student or a teen)

Last edited by GatorGal93 : Wed, Jul-17-02 at 10:49.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 11:29
Registered Member

BF:
Default ...at heart!

Hey, nothing wrong with hanging out in the Student & Teen room! You're only as old as you feel, and on Atkins I can see how you might feel like you were back in school!

On the other hand, while I did love the time there, I am extremely biased towards my own university and couldn't see myself going anwhere else... unless it's for grad school, and even then it would be tough. If you've never been to the Pacific NW, you need to visit. We've got beautiful mountains, an abundance of green and some of the worst traffic in the nation... I mean... uh...... yeah! Plus, we're the birthplace of Starbucks... an essential for many-a-college student!

~Aaron
Class of 2004 (crosses fingers)
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 19:30

Stats: 205/205/130
BF:
Progress: 0%

I agree with you about Washington. I'm planning to move to Seattle someday to practice law. My father lives in Vancouver, WA and I'll bet Seattle's much better since it's on the coast. For me the ideal climate is somewhere where there isn't a lot of sun (because I hate it). I'm in San Francisco now, and even that gets too hot for me sometime. If Seattle doesn't work out, I can always move to London.

I must say about the coffee though, one thing I love about the bay area is Peet's coffee. It kicks Starbucks' ass!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 23:01
Registered Member

BF:
Default *THE* Vancouver, WA!??!?

Wow... what a small world. I'm *from* Vancouver, WA! Lived there since I was about four years old. I'd be curious to know if you ever lived there, or if your dad just recently moved there and where he works. Crazy......

Plus, if you plan on being in the area anytime soon, there's a new store there called "The Low Carb Habit." They have a general informational page at:

http://www.vancouverusa.biz/

under "Specialty Foods". They're working on their own site where you'll be able to purchase foods online and stuff. Pretty neat.

Anyway, I must admit that Seattle is beautiful during late spring, summer and early fall... but between October and April, you'd better expect overcast weather. And don't knock the coffee... just cuz we invented Starbucks doesn't mean there isn't a dozen no-name espresso shops/cafés all over the area that are much better...

~Aaron
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 23:11
Registered Member

Stats: 148/147/125 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 4%

Fightin Texas Aggie class of 2002 WHOOP
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-02, 10:39
Registered Member

Plan: Freestyle
Stats: 182/161/145
BF:25%/13.8%/5%
Progress: 57%

I thought this was a canadian forum... you yankees are taking over!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-28-02, 05:57

Stats: 210/145/130
BF:dont wanna know
Progress: 81%
Thumbs up Representin' Scotland

LOL CSFDavis, the best thing I ever did was move to London. Then move to Scotland.

I'm a Californian native studying at the University of Glasgow.

I've only met a few Americans studying here longer than a term abroad, and I've never met anybody who was on any kind of LC diet here, although I know they do exist!

Talk about isolation! Still, I love it!

I wish I had some kind of spirited team-oriented expression to close with.....

OCH' Aye!

Kellie
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 04:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/198/170
BF:unknown
Progress: 65%
Default Southern Illinois University Edwardsville

I will graduate in the fall of 2003 I am what is known as a non traditional student. I do have to say LCing and college is a little more difficult than I thought. I think it is the need for caffenine that makes it more difficult. I noticed I didn't drink any coffee from june until august, but man when school started so did the coffee I think it does make you hungry.

cya
Greg
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 10:15
3 Days at a Time

Plan: OWL
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Alabama here

University of Alabama... in Birmingham, however. *g* Don't get too riled up, you Gators! We don't roll tide.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 08:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/154/135
BF:
Progress: 24%

Demontfort Uni - here in Leicester UK! , but I'm originally from Michigan. escape is a beautiful thing
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 11:13

Plan: SB/Mod Atkins
Stats: 235/225/150
BF:
Progress: 12%

RIT In Rochester, NY... but I'm graduating in May and heading to Law school! I am not exactly LCing but lowering carbs and upping protien...plus workouts 3-5 days a week...