Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#631   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 09:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/149.5/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 51%
Question Proenzi99

I used this product before and had some results. I recently seen it in my local drugstore. Has anyone used this before? I cant seem to find any information online about the dosage you should take for weight loss. It contains 8 mg of Ephedrine Hydrochloride.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #632   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 18:43

Plan: no sugar no flour, Atkins
Stats: 196.5/175/120 Female 5 feet 3 inch
BF:JUST HAD A BABY
Progress: 28%

What products have ephedra?
  #633   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-09, 19:30

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absinthe62
burtonar,
I think the whole thermogenic supplement craze is over. The only really effective ones contained ephedra in some form, and that is now banned.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my money. Think about how much high-quality food you can buy for the $30+ you would spend on a bottle of "fat burners" that may or may not do anything.

I noticed the other day that the drugstore had several dozen different dieting supplements... so presumably a place like GNC which is national, should have a similarly large selection, and probably MUCH larger.

I thought that the herb ephedra was never sold anymore. Someone in this very old thread mentions that the ban on it had been lifted.
  #634   ^
Old Sun, Aug-30-15, 08:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231.5/227/180 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

Does hydroxicut or ripped fuel effect keytosis?
  #635   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-15, 14:03

Plan: LC Paleo
Stats: 316/275/196 Male 72 Inches
BF:41%
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina3869
A friend of mine told me about this product called Ripped Fuel, it's "metabolic enhancer" and the bottles says it contains the following ingredients:

Chromium 200mcg
(from chromium picolnta)

Mahuang extracts (from arial parts) 334 mg
(standardized for 20mg ephedra alkkoloids)

Guarana Seed Extract 910mg

L-camatine 100mg

Has anyone used this? I have no idea what any of this stuff is or what it is supposed to do to your body. I hate to take it untill I know what the heck it is.

If someone could translate this stuff into plain English I would be very appreciative

Thanks, Tina

Hello there Tina, I appreciate this post is nearly 6 months old but I thought I would share my experience in the field with you and everyone.

Just to give some background, I run a website (still in construction and not live atm) about supplements in the UK and this is spawned from my love of supps and health.

I also used to work for GNC as a sales professional/buyer and have vast expierence in using these kinds of products through my own personal life :-)

The particular one you mention containing the key ingrediant is "ephedra alkaloids"
basically this is the thing that really kick starts the metabolism and helps with fat burning but there are many products known as "Thermos/Thermogenics" out there with this in. there used to be a time when you could walk in a Holland & Barrat or GNC in the UK or USA and buy actual Ephedrine products ( note the difference in the name to Ephedra) including the original "Xenadrine RFA-1" which I personally used back then and lost a lot of weight considerably so over a year along with low carb.

L-camatine is an excellent supplement - it normally gets lumped into a lot of fat burners on the market but it really is good in terms of freeing up fat in the body and supports fat loss.

I have tried so many of these products and fat burners over the years all with low carb/Atkins style lifestyle but I have found only a couple that actually compliment the chemistry in my body that works "with" low carb.. IE seeing more results then normal.

I am currently using Xenadrine Hardcore and finding that to have great effect but mainly from a fat loss and mental positivity state keeping me on track.

A few things though...

As with everything like this, keep in mind the lifestyle/eating plan is the most important thing, sups are great to help.. but these days that's all they do.

Also you may get a placebo effect in a good way from taking them, but when you run out don't lose sight of all the good work you did and probably could of done without them. its easy to still think you "need" them.. and that's coming from someone who is probably on them 10 months out of the year :-)

Be careful with ephedra alkaloids - they are standardised to make them safe these days but can still give undesired side effects if you don't drink enough water and other things too.

Great product if you get on with them.

Products I recommend (but please do some research ) are:

"Black Widow" 25mg ephedra alkaloids

VPX Sports "Redline or Meltdown" - had good results with these

Xenadrine Hardcore - on month 2 and im doing really well fat loss wise + excellent focus on them.

**please note I do not work for any of the above companies and dont work for GNC any more either (had a career change!) but please feel free to ask questions as I love talking about sups :-)

Stephen