Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-21, 16:28

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

Hey Jeep

So yeah, I was bad too, weight shot up to 236, then I fasted an entire day. Nothing but black coffee and water, now back on track with OMAD. Weight about the same 231.

I'm heading up to the cottage this weekend, taking some flowers with me that attract hummingbirds and butterflies. Dipladenia (which has a cone type flower, bright red, continuous blooms throughout the summer) and Columbine (has a purple/blue flower also cone type, which grow well in wooded areas). We shall see if they do well up there.

Celebrated with my DS for his birthday yesterday. Made his favorite meal, lasagna, garlic bread, and choc cake with ice cream. So that was my RM and for tonite also RM was leftover lasagna and garlic bread, but I sent the cake home with him, but I had ice-cream.

Glad you're doing well. Take care
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-21, 06:34

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/217/180 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi mojo

Glad your back on track, fasting for a whole day is hard I don’t think I could do it. Homemade lasagna yum! That was sweet of you to make it for him your a good mom

Those flowers sound perfect for the cottage, I love ones that bloom all summer. I was thinking some phlox would be nice also, they bloom in summer and smell really good. Glad your going up to the cottage but be careful Hubby just might put you to work

DH is working on the screen room at the camp, water is getting in on one side when it rains so he’s putting up plexiglass 1/2 way up the sides. We have a freezer and other items we don’t want to get wet. We had a hard time finding a nice chest freezer because they have been sold out.

RM today is left over roast with potato salad or macaroni salad and some strawberries w/ whipped cream.

Talk soon friend
  #183   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-21, 05:04

BF:

Morning

I have kept the 2 pound loss but have not lost any more. I’m going to try and keep carbs lower this week and see if that helps me. I’m just not losing on CAD I don’t think it’s the plan I think I’m just eating to much or to many carbs. If I lose more pounds this week lowering carbs then that is what I will stick to. If I don’t then I’ll stay with CAD and lower my calories which I don’t want to do

Later
  #184   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-21, 08:25

Hey Jeep

Back from the cottage! Weight has gone up again. Definitely hard to stay on track. DD brings a lot of snacks and I can't seem to resist. I was in the water all weekend, which was nice, because it was in the 90's. Came home yesterday and I have been so itchy! I think I must have gotten a burn because the allergy meds don't touch it.

I'm glad your keeping the loss, but I know how frustrating it can be. That sounds like a good plan, to see which way works for you. I'm not very successful either, but I know its me not the plan also. I can't be on this plan and have snacks in the house. Just doesn't work!

Talk soon my friend
  #185   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-21, 19:41

Hiya Jeep

I'm doing pretty good. Weight is steady, I'd like to see more of a drop soon though. I'll be gone to the cottage til next week Tues or Weds.

Trying to keep away from the snacks at night. I ate my OMAD early today, salad and cheesy bread. Nothing else to eat for the rest of the day/night.

Talk more when I get back from cottage my friend.
  #186   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-21, 11:49
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 200/186/135 Female 61in
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hey everybody!
I am working on CAD again for the umpteenth time. I know the books were written a long time ago and there have been lots of new discoveries in the time since. What are your thoughts on the following foods?

nuts
avocado
coconut flour

I just wonder if these things could be used with the CM, now that we know so much more about fiber and blood sugar.
  #187   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-21, 16:35
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 200/186/135 Female 61in
BF:
Progress: 22%

Today was a normal Saturday. We didn't have much going on. I grilled enough food for four meals this week!
CM: 2 eggs with cheese and bacon, coffee
CM: pork chop, cabbage
S: (I was struggling) 1 egg with cheddar cheese
RM: grilled burger w/ cheese
fries
salad (romaine, onions, tomatoes, bleu cheese)
vanilla yogurt w/ chopped mixed nuts and chocolate chips

I found the Facbeook group for CAD. I think I am going to hop over there for more interaction.

Last edited by CarlieW : Sat, Jun-12-21 at 22:26.
  #188   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-21, 04:37

BF:

Morning

Hi Carlie....welcome, your meals sound perfect. Are you doing the CAD or CALP? I’m doing CAD it’s the first one to come out. I eat a cheeseburger with fries also it’s one of my favorites. I sometimes put the burger between lettuce leaves if I have them with red onion & tomato. I like to be able to pick it up. I love the checkers fries

Weight is staying the same so I’m going to attempt to count calories.
I’ve never been good at it and usually give up because I find it difficult to get accurate numbers. I have the Chronometer app I will see how it goes especially weighing the meat on my scale. I think I will weigh it after I cook it.

Mojo hope your having fun at the cottage, I’ve been at the camp for a while but I’m home now. I bet the water is warm with all the nice temperatures we’ve had.

RM today will be a cheeseburger and Italian sausage with checkers fries and a salad. I need to start having my veggie soup again I have veggies to use up and the weather this week will be cooler.

Later
  #189   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-21, 05:19

BF:

Morning

Well the calorie counting didn’t last, I actually forgot to measure my salad dressing when I put it on the salad I’m not used to doing it, I guess you have to get used to it.

I’m having a ribeye steak for lunch w/ broccoli soup and RM will be bacon and eggs with Ezekiel bread toasted, one of my favorite meals. I do have one Italian sausage left from last night’s meal I might have also if I’m super hungry. Hubby offered me some cookies while watching tv but I turned them down, I had brushed my teeth and really don’t eat after dinner. I was feeling hungry but held off.

Weight is up today not sure why so I’m hoping it goes right back down. I actually felt thinner so I hopped on the scale....mistake....I will weigh on Friday’s like I was doing.

Talk soon
  #190   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-21, 12:08

BF:

Hi all

I’m doing good so far today I changed my TRE to 1-6 instead of 2-6
I’ve been getting hungry early and it works better for my 2nd meal. I’m trying not to snack just having 2 meals when I’m really hungry.

RM today is a large bowl of chili w/ sour cream red onion and shredded sharp cheese

Hope everyone is doing good, miss you Mojo!! Hope your enjoying the cottage with hubby

Later
  #191   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-21, 13:00

BF:

Afternoon people

I woke up hungry this morning but held out till 1pm
RM was veggie soup and chicken tenders w/ blue cheese dressing.

I just got done mowing the lawn, really nice weather in the low 70s
I love those temps.

Later
  #192   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-21, 04:55

BF:

Hello

I’m back at it today, I was off plan yesterday due to Father’s Day and family. My weight has stayed the same on Friday when I weighed in.

RM today will be Buffalo chicken wings w/ blue cheese I’m keeping it lower carb today due to the amount of carbs I had yesterday.

Hot here, went swimming in the pool yesterday and will today if the rain stops. Not much else planned for today. I got major cramps in my legs last night after eating a large bowl of ice cream. I’m not sure why that happens when I eat a lot of sugar but it’s not fun.

Later
  #193   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-21, 09:14

Hey Jeep

Nice to see you're going strong! I'm back from the cottage for a few days, but will be gone again for a few weeks. Looks like we had a new visitor. Welcome Carlie W!

Sorry I've been MIA, DD has been needing more support lately. She quit her job for the summer, but hopefully will be back to work in the fall when Grandson goes back to school. Please let it be back to in-person learning! So grandma gets a break....

Anywho, I'm back up to 236. More than when I started, my willpower to stop eating at night is gone. I can't go on like this. The OMAD has gone by the wayside. When I eat past a certain time of day, I don't stop. Not sure why it feels like I can't put food in fast enough. Then I feel terrible, bloated and yucky. I know its bad and not worth it. Maybe I need to put a muzzle over my mouth....

Glad to see you here my friends!
  #194   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-21, 08:04

Good Morning!

Still steady at 236. Still having a second RM at night. UGH!!
Last night, couldn't sleep and had roasted chicken, macaroni salad, and blueberries.

Todays RM will be Red Lobster, shrimp scampi, coconut shrimp, broccoli, salad, and cheddar bay biscuits. My nephew is treating us to dinner out. I never turn down Red Lobster....yum

Hey Jeep, I need to buckle down at the cottage. DD is bringing alot of bad foods, but its my fault for eating it. Hubby is working hard on the deck, so he needs help. We're heading out tomorrow and won't be in town for 2 weeks. I'll miss you my friend, but I'll be back! Have fun at your cabin.

My nephews wedding is in July, looks like I'll probably be the same weight. I was so sure I could drop some major weight this year. Ho-hum, whoa is me, EEEEyorrre.

TTYL
  #195   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-21, 11:18

BF:

Hey mojo

I probably just missed you leaving for the cottage....maybe you and DD can come up with a day or two that she can bring the goodies up and you both can indulge in them. Let her know you appreciate the treats but not all the time, you can enjoy them with your RM. I too had a full day of goodies on Father’s Day, son had to work so I made food for hubby in the morning and then when son got there we ate again with dessert😃. Red lobster yum can’t pass that up! Please don’t be to down on yourself, we all slip up....that’s life girl

RM today will be 2 tuna and egg sandwiches with a salad. I’m staying in my 1-6 window and boy am I hungry!

Talk soon