Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Sun, May-15-11, 18:00

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwL
Been there. Done that.

You can even find me in the long Kwasniewski thread proclaiming my stall to be over. At first, I started losing. I dropped down into the 240s. Life was good... except for the constant hunger and unpredictable bouts of diarrhea.

Meanwhile, my weight crept back up into the 250s and stayed there.

I finally gave it up when I went back to work. I don't often have access to a toilet while on the job. Hunger and diarrhea don't mix well with hard physical labor.

Meanwhile... My wife also stalled out on low carb. We tried Dr. K's diet together. While I dropped a few pounds at first, she promptly gained back all the weight she had lost on strict low carb. That obviously didn't go over too well.

Kwasniewski didn't work for me, either. I wish it had...I loved it!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Tue, May-17-11, 14:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Optimal Diet
Stats: 230/149.8/130 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 80%

I don't want to get flamed, but have you considered the Hcg diet? I did a round when I had been at 185-190 for 2 years. I just got down to 155ish, and started doing the Optimum Diet. Maybe if you really shock your body, it'll go "WTH?" and accidentally startle enough to let go of some weight. You can do it for 26 days and then go back to LC, which is what you do in Phase 3 of Hcg. I liked it because, as long as I only had to do the 500 calorie diet with no fat and no sugar for 23 days, and then I would get to LC again, I was fine.

Hope you find something that will work!

As far as people on the LC boards that go back up in weight, there are always going to be a certain percentage of people who always go back to their original WOE, because they have a diet mentality. If you want to maintain after ANY diet, you can't go back and eat the same foods you did before, that's usually what put you there. I found, through Hcg, that I am extremely gluten intolerant, because in Phase 4, you add back carbs one at a time. I had a day of LC, except for 1 piece of whole grain toast.....gained 7 pounds in a night. Now that was obviously mostly water weight, but I also got a bad rash, and I saw a pattern of water weight/itchy rash whenever I ate something with wheat in it.

You have to make your new eating plan a way of life. I have great losses on LC in several forms, but I know what I can and cannot have now, and if I eat the bad stuff, I know I'll gain again.