Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-04, 03:24

Plan: Egg Diet
Stats: 170/170/140 Female 66
BF:
Progress:
Default !!Egg Diet!!

Hi everyone, I'm new here and was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me where I can find a copy of the 'Egg Diet'. My friend 'Google' can find me loads of articles on it but not the diet itself.

Thanking you in advance

Wingless
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-08, 14:19

Plan: my own for sure
Stats: 257/236/130 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress:

No wingless, but if you do find out please let me know, I know eggs are good for you! Sorry, don't know where it is, Roses
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-08, 17:03
Rock'in Arizona!!!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 470/400/300 Male 6'7"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Here's a review of the egg diet. Hope this helps...Bru

http://www.chasefreedom.com/eggdiet.html
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-08, 17:06
Rock'in Arizona!!!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 470/400/300 Male 6'7"
BF:
Progress: 41%

You might want to join the meat and egg group on this forum;

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=384232
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-08, 21:47

Plan: Maintenance since 6/08
Stats: 250/189/195 Male 70 inches
BF:Not so much.
Progress: 111%

Eggs are good, and so is meat. But in my opinion doing the Atkins diet "by the book" is a much better thing.

You start with induction, which is pretty strict, and then move on.
After a while you get to a point where you can eat a healthy diet for the rest of your life.

Personally, that seems like a much better goal than losing a dozen or so pounds early on.

Just my two cents.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-08, 22:39
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

That diet sounds like Dr. Stillman's Quick Weight Loss Diet. It's a fine plan, but Dr. Stillman specified that it was only to be followed for a short time, something like 2 weeks, IIRC.

I have to agree with Pengu1.

One thing you need to consider is whether you can eat nothing but meat and eggs for the rest of your life. I sure can't! In fact, after 3 days on the M&E Fast, I get nauseated at just the thought of another egg or bite of meat.

One of the things that happens when you follow Atkins by the book is that you learn how different foods affect you, and how many grams of carbs you can eat each day without gaining weight. No matter how you lose your weight, at some point in the future you will have to be able to maintain your new, lower weight. You won't learn that eating nothing except meat and eggs.

It seems that the body sometimes adapts to having a very low level of carbs. For people who have made that adaptation by staying very low carb for a long period of time, weight gain in inevitable if they ever increase their carb intake. Just something I've observed here over the years.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-08, 00:43

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengu1

Personally, that seems like a much better goal than losing a dozen or so pounds early on.

No pun intended, of course. Sorry, I just had to laugh at that. Did you have to use the word "dozen" in an "egg diet" thread...... Oh.....the little things that amuse me..... .

Last edited by Ptrcmcc6 : Sun, Nov-09-08 at 00:49.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-08, 15:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins w/Coconut oil
Stats: 215/193/160 Male 69"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I think the Egg Diet is a better fast, if you are in to that. I did it twice, lost both times, gained it all back both times. Really, really fast. I think the current thinking of a Way of Eating/Life WOE/WOL is a much better idea. In the end I dont think you really want to eat just meat, eggs and fat for your whole life. You will crave everything else sooner than later. Better to have real variety. Then when you have reached maintenance add back some of the no-no's and see how it goes. I have only been doing this since August, and have added back a number of things, and tried many other things that I wouldnt normally eat, but to have a one-off and enjoy it is great. I have kept active and I believe that really helps keep you moving in the right direction and motivated.

Good luck to you!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-08, 20:58

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I had a chance to quickly read over the Egg Diet link posted above, and it did mention that you can eat low-carb veggies as well as meat, eggs and cheese. I think if done properly this would be a good way to jump start the weight loss or, in my case, get me back on track and remotivated. I could also see it being a WOL if you were to add the veggies and other LC items back into. I think it would be similiar to the Atkins '72 version?