Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Wed, Aug-29-07, 03:44
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Barbara, I totally agree with you on Kate's pictures!!!

On the school front however, I am NOT doing so great. I just vented my guts out on the Java maintenance thread. There are some great women over there. Writing it out was an eye opening experience. I've got a metaphor:

James bond has been impacted with "poop." I am impacted with stress---not unlike poop! I need a "stool softener!!" Let me brainstorm on stress reduction a minute.
Hmmm,
*Consciously relaxing and breathing
*laughing
*music
*Wonderful Man time--he comes home tonight
*sex
*the beach this weekend
*more sex
*lots of time to read escape books....currently rereading some of the Harry Potter books so that works
*getting back to walking
*animal time

Anyone got any other ideas?
Sara<><
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, Aug-30-07, 06:26
Always Shining

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 363.3/332.6/145 Female 5'7"
BF:'fraid so...
Progress: 14%

Love your suggestions....here are a few of my favorites ~

*a professional massage or other spa treatment
*soak in the tub surrounded by candles and relaxing music
*nice long walk (especially on a beach - you're close enough to do that, right?). If you're not ready for a long walk on a beach, just sitting nearby and listening to the surf
*watching a mindless romantic comedy
*meditating
  #138   ^
Old Thu, Aug-30-07, 09:03

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 65
BF:
Progress: -50%

I don't have a lot of time to de-stress because I have my 18 month old daughter and another baby on the way.

Every now and then I like to go to the bookstore and sip on a coffee and either journal for a while or watch people.

I sometimes doodle or just write random words that mean nothing. It isn't about what I write or draw. It's just about getting whatever I am feeling on to paper and it doesn't have to make sense.

I love some of the other suggestions...watching an old movie or a romantic comedy, reading a good book, and definitely sex. In my opinion, it's so much easier to go to sleep relaxed after a little tumble in the covers. Too much information? probably so. But, I'm pregnant so how else did you think this happened to me?
  #139   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-07, 04:16
Princess Sara

I just had an interesting observation about stress. I read the posts on the Java thread first. My friend over there has the most activity packed day I've read in a while. She begins her day with exercise and moves constantly throughout. I felt tired just reading it....and guilty too, since I like to start my day with coffee, computer, and quiet.

Next, I came over here and read the relaxation ideas. I immediately felt better...and rejuvenated. Isn't that interesting? It sure shows what I already know about myself. I am so prone to guilt and self-blame...and I can pick up stress from multiple mediums.

I have been feeling stress in my body in strange ways. My lower belly swells like crazy from a stress-filled day. Lately, my left wrist has been killing me. I am pretty sure it is from the way I hold books. I am making an effort not to bring my pinkie forward while holding a book. This means that I have had to start using a chart stand to hold the presentation book for my daily reading instruction. Then, yesterday my right ankle had a pain. It started the evening before. I had worn relatively low flip flops all day. My achilles tendon is short because I wear heels all of the time. So I wore heels yesterday and feel fine today. Do you see that all of my recent injuries are Princess Pains? How ridiculous. My lifestyle of heels, books, and plastic surgery is hazardous. I am planning on cutting back on the nuts and increasing the fluids even more this week. Reducing inflammation, don't cha know.

I am all packed for the beach this morning. The animals' travel habitats are prepared. My wonderful man will be the one to take them to their boarding places. I will get my nails done right after work and then we are off to the Gulf Coast. I should be walking on the beach by sunset. I will begin my walking program this weekend. I will start with walking on the weekends and after work on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will give myself Monday to stay late and get things done. I have set up to have alternating manicures and pedicures after work on Fridays. This gives me stress reduction every Friday. Wednesdays I drive my friend to radiation. When she is finished with her treatments, I will make Mondays and Wednesdays my late days.....and reduce the amount of work I take home with me. The new "ladies" gym will open in the next month or so. That will give me more workout options.

I'm sure the ideal thing would be for me to get up and exercise in the very early morning. That isn't right for me. I need to have my relaxed morning time to "get it up" for the day. I'm sure it would be better if I exercised every day. But, that isn't realistic either. I feel stress if my work mounts up too much. I am trying to be honest with myself....give myself room to succeed.

And, oh yeah....let's keep brainstorming on stress reduction.
Thanks friends!!!
Sara<><
  #140   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-07, 09:51

Plan: M&E
Stats: 194.6/156.4/140 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:duh...yes!....
Progress: 70%

Hello, Dear Sara!

It has been a crazy week ...I have not been home for more than 30 minutes during the day all week. I say that because I have not had a chance to really reply to your earlier post.

Thank you so much for your condolences. I guess that being so busy helps a little bit in filling that hole in my heart right now. Especially when I am not at home during the hours when I used to pick up the phone to call my dear Grandmother. (I know that I can't keep this up, but I guess I am relying on the medicine of time to help heal things.) And though I never really thought about it, the love and support of friends during this time is priceless. I thank you for that gift.

Sorry to hear of your stress. With all the things you have going on, you of ALL people need it the least! The ideas have been great - I would add escaping to the movies (the entire environment, rather than just watching something at home) works great for me. Also some physical labor - like yard work (though it would not be good for that manicure) always helps me as well. Gardening is in my blood, I guess - I always feel so at peace when I have my hands buried in the warm soil and can hear the birds around me (and the sense of accomplishment doesn't hurt, either! ) Sounds as if you have a plan, though. Glad to hear that you are getting away for a bit - nothing like a quick change of scenery to rejuvinate a person.

Well, off to work in said garden. Looking forward to your report on the the AWESOME weekend you are sure to have!

Hugs, Cricket
  #141   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-07, 03:37
Princess Sara

Cricket, it was great to hear from you. Thanks for giving us an update.

Stress? What stress? I had the most amazing time at the beach. This was our best beach get-away ever. The condo we were in was much better than others we have stayed in. Big, but not too big. We had a back way to go so we could get to the beach easily without having to deal with the elevators. The water was amazing. The sex was phenomenal. My wonderful man actually read instead of having the TV on. We slept when we were tired and got up when we were rested. The clock had nothing to do with us.

Now for a three month update on the lipectomy. The beach turned out to be the great test. My belly button still is a tad red around the edges, but not embarrassing to show. I was so comfortable being on the beach in a bikini. There were women younger and older than me in them, so I have decided that age is not a factor. I did love the fact that I had pretty, quality suits that were right for my body style. It didn't hurt a bit that I had push-up bra types either. Now that I have had the lipectomy I can carry my weight better. I actually like my weight 145-148 now because it give me fuller breasts. I have the flat stomach, but I don't want the wraith look. It doesn't fit me.

I have never been out to have a super-skinny body. I have never been about being "pretty" or attractive by other people's standards. What this has been about for me is fully enjoying living in my body. The weight loss AND surgery has done that for me. It is beyond wonderful to be able to move around and not feel fat or loose skin shifting and getting in the way.

One princess observation. What's up with the black bikinis? I totally understand the black one piece suits since they really do "slim" the body. But a black bikini doesn't' cover the midriff or even much of the butt.....the precise areas the fabric "slims." I saw so many moderately overweight women in bikinis. I don't object to them showing what they want to show, I just begin to wonder why almost all of them were wearing black? My experiments have shown that the one that actually flatters the most of my collection was the one I got on the best sale--the bright yellow one. It makes my skin look the most tanned...which is a slimming factor in a bikini.
Just a princess thought.
Sara<><
  #142   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 15:04

Plan: Atkins-ish :D
Stats: 210/205/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Do we get to see pics???? (I didnt go through all 10 pages!! I admit it!) So if theyre posted, post # please! thanks!!

and congrats on your success, Sara!
  #143   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-07, 03:34
Princess Sara

Yikes! Am I ready for that? Let me think about it.
Sara<><
  #144   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-07, 07:42
Always Shining

Stats: 363.3/332.6/145 Female 5'7"
BF:'fraid so...
Progress: 14%

Of course that's a very personal and private decision, Princess Sara --- but I think it would/does help people to see before and after pictures (or at least the afters) to help them in making their own decisions about whether to consider surgery for themselves.

I'm so glad your vacation was relaxing and rejuvenating! We all need that now and again (and again, and again....)

Have a fabulous Thursday!
  #145   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-07, 08:33

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarar
Yikes! Am I ready for that? Let me think about it.
Sara<><

:hug: I love seeing peoples progress... this is such a supportive place that i think it would help many people TREMENDOUSLY.. but yes, its your decision!!!!
  #146   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-07, 03:50
Princess Sara

Okay....how about this....I will have my man take a picture with me in front of a beautiful ocean. I'll pretend it is one of those dorky holiday pictures from the 1950's.

Seriously, I think I am ready to do it. Thanks for bringing the subject up. As I've explained, I am totally new to this whole princess persona. I have spent 48 years AVOIDING the camera. It just isn't something that I think about.

A project for the weekend. I'll tell my wonderful man to think of it as foreplay....that ought to get his participation.
  #147   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-07, 06:09

BF:

woooot! thats a great idea!
  #148   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-07, 07:37

Plan: Avoiding gluten
Stats: 186/172/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Good morning. Sorry to butt in, and I'm sure I could find the answer if I read your whole thread, but whew!! That's a lot of reading. I do enjoy it. Almost like reading someone's diary.

Anyway, I just wanted to know how you are doing. How are you healing? What about scars? I already have so many scars, that is the main reason I wouldn't do it, because I sure don't need any more. It would be good to get rid of the belly, though.

Have a good day and take care.
  #149   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-07, 04:40
Princess Sara

Sandy,
It has been a while since I posted on this thread. A LOT has been happening in my life lately. Anyway, I do have some 3 month pictures of the scars that I need to post....haven't gotten around to it. Also, I went Wednesday to my follow up visit -- over 4 months-- only to find his office closed! They wrote down next Wednesday, but told me this Wednesday...did the same to another patient. Grr. Anyway, my scars are fading along the front and back the best. The ones on my sides are still red...but not fiery. I'm not concerned about them. I know they will have faded out by a year's time. I am still having a lot of trouble with swelling. I start out the work week with no swelling pressure. By the end of the week (stress...on my feet, etc.) I am pretty swollen and feel strain in my posture. I plan to talk with the doctor about this next week.

I am scheduled for my neck--lower face lift for December 21. I will find out more information about that next week.

As to the length of this thread. That amazes me. Either I am a freak (ha, ha) or other people understand that sometimes plastic surgery is part of the weight loss process....gotta do something with the skin.

I'll get the pictures in this weekend. Gotta learn how to do photobucket. That has been on my list of to-dos for a long time.
Sara<><
  #150   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-07, 20:27

Stats: 225/143/155 Female 5'10''
BF:38%/21.4%/24.9%
Progress: 117%

See, I've always wanted a black bikini because I think it looks flattering against my skin tone and the blonde hair. But I see your your point; black traps heat.