Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#316   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-19, 17:41

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo3
HI guys dont know if you remember me, Im Debbie. ...
Nice to see you Paulette.

Hi Gizmo! I remember you well! I am so happy you are jumping back in. It seems like a lot of peeps are doing the same thing now that the nasty holidays are over.
Sponsored Links
  #317   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-19, 17:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCer4Life
Hi Paulette! You are doing awesome. Keep it going. Your body is maintaining but eventually you’ll get down some more. 💪🏻😀

Thank you LadyHawk! I am happy to maintain. If I go lower that is great, but if I never do, I am completely happy with that, too. I think I am well balanced at this point in time. Good luck to you!
  #318   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-19, 17:45

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Paulette..your meatloaf sounds good. I really like cheeseburger pie

What is cheeseburger pie and how do I make it? Please reveal!

I have been finishing off my meatloaf and I am sick of eating it for breakfast lunch and dinner the past couple days.

Tomorrow I am feeding the rest to Jack the Dog and I am making some good ol' Chicken Soup.
  #319   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-19, 09:37

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello everyone,

So glad to see familiar names posting!

Awesome job to all the losers and even better for maintaining the losses!
Have a great day
  #320   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-19, 17:02

Plan: Atkins ‘72
Stats: 260.5/179.0/180 Female  5'5 1/2
BF:My hubs
Progress: 101%

Hi everyone! I am not new to the site, but new to this thread. I have lots of years experience in this woe. But have decided to go back to the best way, Atkins ‘72. And so far I am down 12lbs this month.

My New Years goal was to give myself 100 days of health. So far so good. I need to take better care of myself and I’d like to be a healthy weight/size before I turn 50 (that’s not until October of 2020).

This time around I have implemented intermittent fasting by accident. So far I am feeling pretty good. My dh is beyond supportive and my DIL is on this journey with me.

So how is everyone doing?
  #321   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-19, 21:28

BF:

HELLO DEB!

You are doing great! I am so happy for you. We all love A72 here and I agree it is the best way to kickstart the losses. It is a great lifestyle diet for those who love protein, too!
  #322   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-19, 21:40

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
What is cheeseburger pie and how do I make it? Please reveal!

I have been finishing off my meatloaf and I am sick of eating it for breakfast lunch and dinner the past couple days.

Tomorrow I am feeding the rest to Jack the Dog and I am making some good ol' Chicken Soup.

Paulette, Cheeseburger pie...you gave me the recipe ages ago...it’s made similar to a quiche, but not that much egg. I just throw it together without a recipe. I’m sure the actual recipe is online somewhere. Hamburger, cheddar cheese, mustard, chopped pickles, an egg whipped up with a little cream to hold it together. Sound familiar?
  #323   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-19, 21:46

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbydeb
Hi everyone! I am not new to the site, but new to this thread. I have lots of years experience in this woe. But have decided to go back to the best way, Atkins ‘72. And so far I am down 12lbs this month.

My New Years goal was to give myself 100 days of health. So far so good. I need to take better care of myself and I’d like to be a healthy weight/size before I turn 50 (that’s not until October of 2020).

This time around I have implemented intermittent fasting by accident. So far I am feeling pretty good. My dh is beyond supportive and my DIL is on this journey with me.

So how is everyone doing?

Down 12 lbs is great! It’s awesome to have support from your DH and your DIL with you on the journey!

My DH is sometimes supportive and sometimes not so much!

Atkins 72 works best for me. I also have to count calories.
  #324   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-19, 17:32

BF:

Gym day today, working those old muscles

I’m also doing physical therapy twice a week for my shoulder. Keeping active is important.

So far today I’ve had water, 2 cups of coffee, salmon and chicken breast. Later I will have a salad.

The main foods on my menu are fish, chicken, eggs, veggies and a little cheese.

#325   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-19, 23:52
Registered Member

Plan: atkins 72
Stats: 257/213/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hey Everyone
Yea I have NEVER stuck to anything for a year. I think the light bulb moment for me was taking care of my mom after her stroke. I realized i need to get in better shape just to move more easily. i have all the support i need but no one gets a vote on what I eat
Tonight I made Keto fried rice. It was probably a little more carby with the riced cauliflower onions broccoli and chicken. SO SO good. I could eat boat loads of veggies but I know there not a free food.
Delaney you said you have to count calories? Is that in weight loss mode or maintence?
I bought the Keto Mojo blood ketone monitor. Best thing! I have been just checking the last couple days to see how it fluctuates. Mornings are definitely the lowest for me. I have never been in high ketosis levels and I dont know why.
Paulette you sound like you have found your sweet spot. Does it feel like keto is just your way of life , a no brainer? I still remember when you started the journey back over at low carb friends. I was always so impressed with Mothergoose, Kim I think was her name. That was a great group of people. I wonder how there all doing?
You all have a great Saturday.
  #326   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-19, 10:21

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Paulette, Cheeseburger pie...you gave me the recipe ages ago...it’s made similar to a quiche, but not that much egg. I just throw it together without a recipe. I’m sure the actual recipe is online somewhere. Hamburger, cheddar cheese, mustard, chopped pickles, an egg whipped up with a little cream to hold it together. Sound familiar?

I do not remember at all! I must be more senile than I thought. I will have to dig through my low carb recipes folder to see if I can find it.
  #327   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-19, 11:19

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo3
Paulette you sound like you have found your sweet spot. Does it feel like keto is just your way of life , a no brainer? I still remember when you started the journey back over at low carb friends. I was always so impressed with Mothergoose, Kim I think was her name. That was a great group of people. I wonder how there all doing?

Hi Gizmo, I think my spot is a combo of low calorie and low carb. I try not to nosh on the fatty meats and sausages very often. I stick with chicken, fish and venison. Eggs, too, but I do not do the bacon thing. I do not have an active life and I need to keep the calories below 1400 to maintain. Many days I see only around 1000-1200 calories. This is best for my body and activity level.

I remember MGoose, too. She suddenly dropped off the boards when she moved (by her daughter?????). She was super hard core A72 induction. I was super hard core induction for a very long time, but needed to expand my menu, so that is when I added cottage cheese and greek yogurt. I love my dairy so much, and need the calcium. Cottage cheese is high protein, low calorie and low carb, so it is a common food of mine. I commonly mix it up with tuna and mayo. I eat it just like that, or scoop it up with a few hog rinds, or even some celery/carrot slices when I feel like veggies.

I no longer test for ketones, as it doesn't really matter any more. But it was very important in the beginning, if nothing more than a motivator. I only tested very dark when I ate a high fat diet. I realized that all the extra fat I ate was being burned, not just the body fat, and that made me test very dark. So I dropped the extra fat. Now if I test, it is just a hint of color, which still means ketosis. And that is perfect as it really dropped the calories. That allowed me to continue to drop a few more lbs slowly.

I also switched from full heavy whipping cream to half-n-half. It added a few more carbs, but that did not seem to make any difference. The lower calories is what seems to be important for me. But I do not try to starve myself! I want a livable diet, and eating like a bird is NOT livable for me.

Yesterday I had coffee with half-n-half all day, some chicken vegetable soup, pork roast with cottage cheese and roast cauliflower, and a cup of greek yogurt before bed. This looks like a typical eating day for me. I am not hungry at all. It is very filling to me. My breakdown was: Cals 1042 - Carbs 28 - Fat 54 - Protein 104 - Fiber 3. The macros were 48% Fat, 41% Protein, 11% Carbs. This is a ketogenic ratio of .94, which is not considered very ketogenic, but I seem to do well with this. Therefore, I do not test as it only adds extra stress and makes me want to change things up. I am tired of changing things up. I experimented enough and I just want simple and stress-free now days.

Sorry for all the science and junk. It was meant for anyone out there reading who like stuff like that. I don't religiously track daily, but do so sometimes just to see what the heck is happening.

have a good day all!
  #328   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-19, 11:47

BF:

I could not find the Cheeseburger Pie recipe in my folder, but I found one on the web. Sounds promising! But I would cut out a lot of the extra fat. Instead of the mayo and heavy cream, I think I would substitute some Neufchatel Cheese. And I would use ground venison. I shall have to try it. Here it is:

Keto Cheeseburger Pie

yield: 6 SERVINGS prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 25 MINUTES total time: 35 MINUTES
Keto Cheeseburger Pie is a low carb alternative to the bunless burger. A 30 minute meal the whole family will enjoy! Only 2 carbs per serving.

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
2 tbsp dried onion
2 or 3 dashes Worcestershire
1 tsp salt
pinch pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground mustard
bacon bits (optional)
2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
2 eggs
2 T avocado oil mayo
1/4 cup heavy cream

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown the ground beef in a skillet, breaking it up into smaller pieces as it cooks. Add the dried onions and spices. Cook 1-2 minutes more until onions are translucent. Toss in bacon bits if desired.
Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the beef and spread in a pie plate. Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, and mayo together and pour evenly over the beef. Top with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with low sugar ketchup, diced pickles, or mustard!

Nutrition Information: YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 445 TOTAL FAT: 37g SATURATED FAT: 16.3g CHOLESTEROL: 177.4mg SODIUM: 393mg CARBOHYDRATES: 2.3g FIBER: 0g SUGAR: 0g PROTEIN: 25.7g
Please note that macros were calculated using My Fitness Pal and the brands referenced. Altering ingredients or brands can change the macros for the recipe. Please verify your macros in a tracker to insure accuracy.
  #329   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-19, 12:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 40%

Hi Paulette! Your Keto Cheeseburger Pie recipe sounds good. Thanks. I was reading your earlier ‘16 posts about CNS. I had to look it up as not familiar with that. After reading I was wondering if you quit that woe. It would not work for me I dint think. During the holidays I watched but ate higher carbs off and on. I did ok but think my body got slightly reset. I am 1# away from my goal. Been here once before but played the up and down game - so today - I’m really watching. You do have it figured out and I like you inserting the numbers. It is beneficial for me.
  #330   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-19, 14:01
Registered Member

Plan: atkins 72
Stats: 257/213/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hello All
It’s almost noon here on this rainy Sunday. Most days I don’t even eat until this time Getting hungry 😋

Paulette your menu looks very good and I agree with you on the added fat. Dr Eric Westman says if you have a lot of fat to burn only eat fat sources from your meat. Makes total sense to me to burn your body fat first not ingested Fat. I’m going to make a pizza bake in my cast iron skillet except I make it on the stove top. Cook hamburger add a little Italian seasoning. Slice up some mushrooms add 1/2 cup Walmart brand pizza sauce (lowest I have found in carbs) sometimes olives or diced up pepperoni then top with shredded cheese. Very filling. Of coarse I eat a helping and have lots left over unless my husband decides to help himself
I have NEVER counted macros I count carbs. I tell ya that made me nuts. I’m not into figuring that out I tried once and thought I could never be that intricate. Lol some people love that