Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Oct-19-05, 07:06

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Is there anything specific that I am trying to accomplish with supplements? hmmmm i take supplements so i can balance what i dont eat during seasons...ex: C like for winter cause during winter fruits and veggies arent as fresh as summer...basically i take the same vitamins for different seasons..like D, C only in winter, Bcomplex, E, mag, cal, all year round...but now with this pre-meno,looking bloated all the time is really peeeeing me off...and im that odd ball thats 1 out of 1,000,000 that something will work for them, well it wont work for me...never did and i beleive never will cause ive tried it all...you name it and trust me ive done it...and i do give the vitamins or the diet or whatever time to kick in... like months and nothing works.. when it comes to hormone replacement, when i was a teen i use to take the pill...boy did i get bigger breast in one shot...today people pay for it...lol...anyhow later on i had to take the pill for my period cause of complications...well i would gain 5lbs a month and that was being on strick diets cause i knew i was going to gain weight...a few months ago my geno wanted me to take the pill cause I had 2 cyse the size of oranges...so i said no...i know what happens to me as soon as i take any hormone...these cyse went away on there own...just went for a scan and all gone.. i know my body cause i listen to it...its just this damm bloating and gaining a pound here or there...then i walk more or exercise more to get rid of them extra pounds...i always got to do things like 3x harder or more to get rid of any pounds...been like that all my life...i already dont eat much like it is...never did and i eat very well too and balanced...im not a big eater i dont have a big appetite...i did all the test for hormones and all is perfect...no problem anywhere...so thats about it regarding way i take supplements...kind of went off the subject...lol...
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Oct-19-05, 07:55
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Yeah, all us people struggling with thyroid can relate to the that complaint.