Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 22:09

Plan: atkins I guess
Stats: 210/206/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

i also have the dessert burn and today i feel really bloated. i think that it does work. you can buy the 750 mg hoodia on ebay and for alot less. i just need to keep the patience and keep trying it for the full three weeks.
my problem: i only work friday, sturday and sunday night shift so i take my pills and vitamins great during those days but when i am home with the kids during the week i never take them and that is when i gain the weight. i like my naps with the kids and i guess that i am afraid that i wont want to nap if i take my supplements.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 22:10

BF:
Progress:

has anyone tried the mini thins? i need a real good appetite suppresant- took phentermine for years and loved it but now the dr wont let me continue.
any good appetite suppresants that can keep me honest?
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 22:10

BF:
Progress:

what do you think about the low carb energy drinks? i think that they curb my appetite and keep me honest? anyone else tried them?
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 02:33

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

I drink them alot. They fill me for a while and they taste good, I like them so why not?
  #35   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 10:54

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 180/180/145 Female 5
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM
I've been taking hoodia now for 12 weeks, and I've lost 23 pounds (started at 160, weighed 137 this morning -- I'm 5'7").

I've been low-carbing for many years, and was actually slowly gaining weight. The hoodia has enabled me to take it off, and I'm almost to where I want to be. My dress size has gone from a 12 to a 6!!!!! And I'm wearing size 8 jeans (maybe a size 6 shortly, the 8's were feeling a bit too comfortable...)

At no time have I considered the hoodia a magic cure -- I've consistently stayed low-carb, and I've carefully watched what I eat, making sure I have adequate protein, etc., etc. I also exercise each and every morning.

I have every intention of buying a supply of the hoodia (I take Desert Burn) and using it (as needed) for maintenance.

This past week has been a major test for the hoodia -- my daughter was married Saturday. I made the wedding dress and the flower girl's dress, did a lot of the wedding planning/running around, and dealt with a very stressed-out bride who managed to get angry with each of her sisters (all of whom were in the wedding party). My husband and I stayed in a motel (the wedding was out-of-town for us), and ate out every meal. The actual wedding had only "nibble food" -- lots of cookies, wedding cake, sweet punch, etc., etc. Not once was I tempted off the low-carb regime, and I kept my eating very much on track!

I do not take a full dose of hoodia -- typically I take one capsule as I leave work -- and this past weekend I would take one whenever I started feeling hungry (never took more than 3 in one day).

For me it absolutely works. I tried everything else over the years, so I very much doubt there's any "placebo" effect -- else the CLA or trimspa or growth hormone or .... would have worked.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie: Just wondering which Hoodia you are taking, i.e., brand, dosage, etc. thanks
  #36   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 11:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

I take Desert Burn, purchase it through Best Little Vitamin Shop .

I've found that 1 capsule, just as I leave work, works for me -- and an extra capsule if I'm going into a "temptation" (i.e. eating out, party) situation. However, if you read the Desert Burn Forum , you'll see that everyone varies with the dosage that works for them -- many people seem to start at 6 capsules/day, then work at finding the right dosage for their particular body.

And it doesn't seem to work for everyone -- but I have a strong suspicion that low-carbing really gives you an advantage there!

I've reached my goal (130#, size 6 pants), and I'm working on maintaining. I take a hoodia capsule only on weekends (when we go out to eat), or when my morning weight is up 1 pound.... Still playing with this, expect that I'll work myself off the hoodia except for the tempting situations....