Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 14:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159.5/151.0/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Wink Calif New to LC and Loving it!

Hi - I am not sure exactly how this works... so here goes it. I am new to the LC and I am really enjoying it (although haven't lost much... ) I am 35 - a single mom of two kids (12 and 9) - live in Southern Calif - HB... I would love to find someone to chat with and support, etc. I think this site is absolutely wonderful... I have read other threads and have picked up quiet a few pointers... love hearing success stories. I work with a fellow that has lost almost 80 pounds and KEPT it off (he's 6'4) another co-worker has lost about 20 - his wife about 15... so I can see the results of others who have been on the LC - I am looking forward to some results myself

KarenS
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 20:29
Registered Member

Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default Hi Karen

What part of southern California do you live in? I grew up down there. Now I'm a Northern California girl, but that is ok.

I'm not new to low carb, but I have a lot further to go than you. So how much have you lost so far?
Sherry
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 13:34
Registered Member

Stats: 159.5/151.0/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi Sherry - thanks for taking the time and saying hello... It took me this long to figure out how to re-find this thread ... I had opened the original message at home... now at work and wanted to say hi back.

I live in Huntington Beach - but am originally from Atlanta, Georgia. Where did you live when you were down here? Like it up north? Keep thinking that I would like norhtern CA better than down here... it's just too fast down here... and raising two kids (alone) it's a little hard to keep up with the snobby OrangeCounty life style.... although, I have heard that northern CA is on the expensive side too

This is a great site... never knew how much support and great ideas and suggestions... and friends could develop from a site like this. I am pretty familar with aol chatting, but this is so much more nice - everyone just seems so down to earth and kind... and willing to offer help and support to all. It's nice - very nice. I have always fought with dieting - my entire life. After having kids I went up to close to 200 (while pregnant) and was desperate... so I went on phen-phen for about two years - got the weight off - I was basically on speed I guess. For someone who has never done drugs - or even smoked for that matter... what a shock. Then found that it was harmful... so stopped... and the weight came right back. Been fighting to keep it off the last few years with starving - literlally starving. Then a fellow that I work with began cutting his carbs - lost almost 80 pounds (he's about 6'4 or maybe taller) another co worker lost 40 or so.... so I thought, heck, couldn't hurt. Little did I know how difficult it would be to cut the carb habit had no clue how many carbs I had been eating in just one day!

I have been trying my best to be 20g carbs a day - but just found out via this site that those stupid bars are a no-no. So, those just got cut too.

I would love to hear how you are doing.... what you have found to be helpful... Thanks again for saying hello!

KarenS