Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-27-02, 07:56
Registered Member

Plan: None, now
Stats: 222.5/241/140 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: -22%
Default stalling and need a buddy!

Hi,

I've been LC-ing for about 4 1/2 weeks now, and have even dropped my carbs to between 20 and 30 for the past week or so - but I'm only down 8 lbs, and somehow can't quite seem to get jumpstarted again. I'm wondering if maybe this isn't the right WOE for me?? It's a lot of work, and it's expensive, but I don't mind if it's going to help me. Somehow I'm just not sure that it is - I can't say that I've gained in energy or noticed a whole lot of change in anything (other than it's really helpful to just be ON a program...)

So - I could really use a buddy, because I truly am determined to do whatever I need to to live a life I love, which involves losing weight while not being miserable

Any buddies out there to support me through trying to figure out what my triggers are? (I can support you too!

Thanks!
Inna
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 15:36
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 238/228/140 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Dear Inna
I think you are doing well i've also been low carbing for about a month and have only lost 4lb so 8lb seems good to me having said that i've been having around 25g of carb a day and a glass of wine or two having decided i'd rather go slowly with a diet i can live with than drive myself nuts try to stick to meat and salard. Motivation is more difficult thought when weight loss is slow. My fit day summery of intake for last week was

Total: 1664
Fat: 106 957 58%
Sat: 47 419 25%
Poly: 9 85 5%
Mono: 29 259 16%
Carbs: 28 93 6%
Fiber: 5 0 0%
Protein: 110 441 27%
Alcohol: 22 158 10%

Have you tried fitday yet (www.fitday.com) can be scary when you think you've had a good day then enter what you've actually eaten
Have you tryied giving up coffee? I've droped down to one cup a day ?made a difference

keep in touch and let me know how its going
Ash
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 07:20
Registered Member

Plan: None, now
Stats: 222.5/241/140 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: -22%

HI Ash!
Thanks for writing! It just seems so weird how differently this works for different people!

I've thought about going onto fitday, but it took me forever to enter my food just for one day - they have all this whacked out stuff in there, so that when I just want to enter "1 egg" and I search on "egg", I get pages of crap, like "eggs and hash" or whatever. I guess I could just manually enter my own stuff, and then go from my previous entries. I am curious to see how many calories I eat in a day...

I guess my other frustration is that - I don't drink any coffee or alcohol at all, and I was keeping my carbs pretty low (and this takes quite a bit of thinking ahead!) I am eating nuts and cheese, though, and some artificial sweetener (splenda and stevia). And - I do have quite a bit of weight to lose - about 70 lbs to go! So I wasn't expecting to get my first "plateau" - or at least to be going quite this slowly for at least another 20 lbs!

But, alas. I'm sticking with it. I had ice cream - quite a bit - on Sunday night, thinking I've read a lot about people having one really high-carb meal every couple weeks and that jumpstarting them. Don't know if it was that, or the cumulative effects of what I've been doing or what, but I'm down one lb today.

So - have faith! And good luck!

(For me, I just need to find some more good chicken recipes...

Inna