Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-04, 06:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/166/143 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Da Vinci syrup

ey guys,

just wondering if anybody tried these before? From what I hear they seem to be quite good.

So far I don't think they are available in Ireland, bar ordering them from the US or UK. In the lowcarb superstore they are 6.99 sterling + 12 sterling for delivery. I thought about just ordering loads and then the 12 sterling for delivery won't be that bad, but all I really want is maybe 3 bottles of the stuff.

Anybody using DaVinci syrups with a better (cheaper) supplier???

thanks,
Gagalina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-19-04, 12:18

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi there,I love DaVinci syrups but I have to order them from an English web site and you are right they are not cheap ,but oh so worth it!!.I use the syrup in the following ways (buy the way I only use chocolate flavour),pour one tbls into a pint glass add lots of ice then pour diet coke or soda water and finish off with 2tbls of whipped cream yummm,if you were feeling rather bold then add a shot of rum or vodka ?!!.Mix one tsp of coffee one tsp of suger-free cocoa ,add one tbls of syrup,add boling water and finish off with whipped cream.I only allow myself one treat per week so a large bottle lasts me nearly 3 months or so. Well worth the price.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 04:59

BF:

sounds yummy!!

I think I might have to go via the UK website too, tried looking for a better way to get them yesterday, but couldnt find any other sites ;-(

What website do you order them from?

cheers,
Gagalina
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 20:27

Plan: Protein Power/a la carte!
Stats: -/-/150 Female 66 inches
BF:Yes!
Progress: 49%
Thumbs up

I have just received an order from a Belgian low carb store online http://www.lowcarbstore.be/ - they have a good range of some things and the Atkins pancake syrup tastes delicious.
This site is MUCH cheaper in postage (€4.95) and the prices are in euros, which is great for us with the 'funny money' .
The ordinary delivery was a bit slow (13 days) but at that price, it was worth the wait. They also have Dreamfields Pasta, which is absolutely gorgeous, none of your soya rubbish. I had been getting it from lowcarbmegastore in UK but the postage was prohibitive there and then they ran out of Dreamfields anyway . This is soooo annoying when you've finally found something you like.
Babs
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 04:40

BF:

thanks greannmhar for the info. I had a look at the site, the prices are quite alright too, but sadly no davinci syrups ;-(

I love pasta, but havent had any for the last three months now, and I have to say I am not missing them. I also really really love bread, but not missing it. The only time i do is if bf gets some lovely bread and decides to tease me by holding it under my nose!!!

I'll do a little bit more of looking and if i find a nice and cheap supplier I'll let you know.

Gagalina
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 04:07

Stats: 189/150/130 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress:

greanmhar - thanks for the tip-off about that site! I've been waiting since July for any of the UK sites to get tortillas and Dreamfields pasta in stock at the same time! That site you gave might not have the greatest variety (and sadly no DaVinci's) but I'm delighted to finally get my hands on the Dreamfields, and can't wait for my tortillas too -the two things I find it hard to live without! Thanks again!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 21:11

You are in for a treat with the Dreamfields then, glastocat. I got fed up waiting for that UK site to get new supplies and emailed them several times, but all I got was promises. I am a diabetic and the Dreamfields doesn't spike my blood sugar - it is a total lifesaver for me. I must post some of the recipes I have 'invented' for using it.
The belgian site now has Mama Lupes tortillas, I got mine today from them - they are the best from what I hear on other forums. I haven't tried any other types, but these are definitely delicious.
I just hope that the site keeps the stocks up - they are very pleasant to deal with and seem genuinely keen to help.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 02:15

Stats: 189/150/130 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress:

I know what you mean about false promises! Three times over the space of three months they told me that they would have tortillas in within 2 weeks! The third time I told them they were liars, and I wouldn't be using them again. Of course when they DID eventually get the tortillas in stock, the Dreamfields pasta promptly went out of stock! Useless!

I can't wait to get the Dreamfields - I ordered 6 boxes! Mmmm pasta!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 08:09

I measure out my 2oz portion of Dreamfields every time. When I first made it, I thought it looked so SMALL uncooked - I was soooo used to making mountains of pasta in my past life. But this was really filling - maybe it's because the reduced bulk on a LC diet shrinks the belly capacity.
I can assure you that 2oz was PLENTY, especially with lovely, creamy cheese sauce, mmmmmmm. The elbows and penne are my favourites. DO let me know what you think of it!
BTW, I emailed the site yesterday about DaVincis and they replied that they are willing to look at possibilities and flavours - let them know what you want.
Babs
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 06:56

Plan: Atkins and Curves
Stats: 189/156/156 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:
Talking

Hi Babs,
Found You!
Where else are you posting on here!
Hi to everyone else too....sorry i don't live in Ireland but I'm greannmhar's cyber stalker (well just another defector from another forum actually).

Sam
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 14:24

Hi Sam,
DELIGHTED to see you! I also visit the UK forum here - you'll find the link at the top of this page "Local Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support" and go to UK. The same registration does them all, including the main US/International one (Active Low-Carber Forums) with loads of info. We're the small fish in the big pond now - but at least we're not the ONLY fish in a stagnant one!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Babs