Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-14, 19:38

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

And I have used it on chicken fried steak
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 23:06

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

I've been enjoying BLT sandwiches using lettuce for the bread and lots of mayo.
Saw in Sunday's newspaper that last year mayo outsold catsup, must be LCHF catching on.
Love my real mayo.
Feeling better last couple days, less pain and it makes such a difference.
Wonder where everyone went, miss Jet, Chantyl, Myrt and the others.
N2L
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 08:08

BF:

I love breadless sandwiches. BLT's sound delicious. I also do roast beef sandwiches, and ham sandwiches. I don't know where the others went either, hopefully they will post eventually and let us know how they are doing
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 18:06

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

I have used leaf lettuce leaves for "sandwich" bread quite often. Love it. Chinese cabbage leaves hold up better though since they are firmer.
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-14, 07:58

BF:

Good Morning friends. This is hoping that everyone had a good weekend, mine was busy. Been staying on plan except for Friday I caved a little and had more carbs then I should have. But got right back on track, so if I gained anything I should be able to take it right back off. I used to have an all or none attitude, but I have come to realize I slip up every now and again. LOL Today is gonna be just as busy. Have to take DGS shopping for clothes, then at 2:00 PM I have a meeting I need to go to. Keeps life interesting. Hope everyone has a good week
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-14, 15:20

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

I'm still here but chronic fatigue has come back to haunt me. I guess I bring it on myself by pushing too hard. Had too many appts last week and about came unglued. Thursday a new cleaning lady came and brought her daughter. This one is going to work out. She got the shower cleaner than it's ever been and she used vinegar, dawn, and a little bit of water in a bowl and rubbed the surface with a terry cloth rag. Amazing. She even got the glass wall sparkling clean. I spent most of the morning helping a dear old (86) friend look up records from German people who immigrated here back in 1868 and their descendants. They're having a family reunion the middle of October. The library is so old, musty, dark, and depressing and outside the allergy stuff is back already so I'm inside trying to get rid of my headache.
I was scheduled for bladder surgery on 9/25 and just can't face it. I'm going to see about getting the bone spur and bursa sack taken off my hip first. If I can walk better it seems like it will be easier to recover from the bladder surgery.
I've been working on getting my filing caught up and have decided to set aside 1 hour per day, put all the mess away and then get it out the next day. Now I'm making headway. This is some of my mess because I have ADD. Now that I'm on medicine I can follow through and finish a project. Ain't it wonderful??? Food is going sorta OK but haven't lost any of the 5# I gained, myrt
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-14, 20:34

BF:

It is a wonderful Monday here.
Perfect temperatures for 3rd day in a row.
I have a little more energy, still late in the day but I'll take it whenever and wherever.
Myrt, I keep canceling procedures I need because I just don't want to deal with them and other health problems.
Once I cancel I feel light a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
jmh, I told my daughter today that I'd rather have energy than be thin.
Some days I just need some carbs.
Am finding that some of them cause my nose to run and will avoid those.
Am still keeping them low.
So life is good today.
N2L
  #83   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-14, 09:24

BF:

Hello friends, well we have finally cooled down a bit. Yesterday was actually pleasant. Sure glad you found a cleaning lady that is going to work out for you Myrt, sometimes that makes all the difference in the world. Good luck on your surgeries. It always feels better when you can get organized. I know what you mean about not wanting to go thru with procedures N2L. I am another one that hates surgery. My hubby had his knees replaced and almost died of Merca. I had to infuse him with the strongest antibiotics available 3 times a day. That was enough to scare me away from going that route. But there are plenty of people that have no problems with it, "Go Figure". I think I must have hit a wall because I haven't lost anything for awhile. This is when I usually get discouraged and quit, so with prayer and divine help (I will Continue.) It is helping my stomach and I haven't had to take medicine for awhile, so I'll focus on that. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend
  #84   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-14, 15:14

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 197/168/157 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi
I thought I would drop by this thread and say hello. I have been on this forum for a week or so now. New to HFLC. Am hoping it is truly "never too late" as I am 72. Had truly given up thinking about loosing weight until I was convinced to try this. So far so good.
  #85   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-14, 18:59

Welcome oma. No, it is never too late.

We ate a Japanese steak house and I had done some research and ordered sashimi instead of sushi because the sashimi has no rice. Yellowtail (3 pc.). well, 2 pieces total an ounce and I paid 6.95 for that. I also ordered the onion soup and the seaweed salad. Those were good but none was very filling. Those 3 items were around $15 and now I am eating a Quest bar to fill me up. Go figure. we won't be going back.
  #86   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-14, 22:33

BF:

I have to believe it is never too late to live life fully and healthy, otherwise I'd be giving up.
I'm 71.
My body shape is changing.
I love my children and grandchild to the depths of my heart.
My mother is 92 years old and still going, lives in her own home.
She is my inspiration.
N2L
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-14, 10:01

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 197/168/157 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

N2L I saw some of your earlier posts when you were 65. Glad to see you are still posting and working the plan. How wonderful to have your mother still living. Mine has been gone for a long time.

I have a friend who is 100, she lives in California with her daughter and still sends email. I want to be like her when I grow up.
  #88   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-14, 09:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by omablue
I have a friend who is 100, she lives in California with her daughter and still sends email. I want to be like her when I grow up.

Love that
  #89   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-14, 11:40

BF:

Welcome Oma we always enjoy meeting new people. My DGS took me to a buffet all you can eat, which was sweet of him, but it was mostly starch. I did get some chicken and salad. Now the chicken had a sweet sauce on it and I am not sure I want to know how many carbs that entailed. Like Vicki it left me less then satisfied. ,I think it threw me off because the last couple of days I have been hungry and craving everything that I haven't had in a while. Yesterday I even considered throwing the entire plan away. Of course that makes no sense at all, I had a stern talk with myself and pointed out that I would be back at this anyway and all my progress would be gone, and I would be disgusted with myself. LOL So I am back to basics. Trying to combat the cravings that the Chicken left me with. If you think about it, I have tried the other diet so many times and it always leaves me hungry. I know that in my head, but my cravings got in the way. I agree with N2L it is never too late to start making better choices for yourself. I also love my children and grandchildren. I lost both my parents several years ago, and have no siblings so my hubby and kids are my family.

Last edited by jmh6251 : Sun, Sep-21-14 at 11:43. Reason: I made a redundit statement
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-14, 09:25

BF:

Good morning it is Thursday the 25th. Everyone must be busy as nobody has posted in a while. Yesterday was busy as I had to go grocery shopping. We were out of everything. Did 30 mins on the treadmill yesterday, not sure about today as my joints are screaming at me. Was able to lay aside a bunch of tops that hang on me like a sack. That was exciting, it proves that I am losing a little weight anyway. I hope you are feeling better N2L and you too Myrt. Has anybody heard from Chanteyl? I suppose people get busy, but I don't think Chanteyl was feeling well. Everyone have a marvelous day