Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-14, 18:26

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

I bought the Wheat Belly cook book at Goodwill this summer and last night I made the "fried" rice recipe, aka caulirice. Man was that good. We had that along with thin boneless porkchops. I like how thin they were because I can eat two and it looks like I am getting more.

In fact, I had one of the two pork chops and more of the caulirice for breakfast. I know, sounds weird. I suspected that the lunch at today's orientation was probably not going to be LC friendly, so I wanted to have something substantial. I went armed with a Quest bar. Thank goodness I did. Guess what was on the menu??? Lasagna, bread sticks, cinnamon rolls, rice krispy bars and salad. I did eat some salad and had my Quest bar.

Myrt mentioned going to a gym with all sizes and ages made me think of Curves. Is there a curves in your area Ellen?
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-14, 08:55

Plan: , LCHF
Stats: 259.6/222.4/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67.2/60.2/normal
Progress: 29%

Vicki and Myrth, I live in a over 55 community and we have 3 fitness clubs available included in our dues. Nobody there is 25 and skinny. I went to the Pilate's studio because my friend is getting her certification there. I am over the situation.
I went last week to do circuit training twice and did 1 hour water walking every day. I think that's enough exercise for me.
Myrth, Happy Birthday I hope you had fun on Saturday
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-14, 09:07

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

I have heard of the wheat belly diet plan. I hear it is supposed to be pretty good. Of course I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in 1994 so wheat and I parted our ways back then. I hope you find some useful tools in the cookbook, I do quite a bit with Cauliflower, and make my noodles with Cabbage. I'm so carb sensitive that I have to keep it really low. I think you did a wonderful job at your luncheon. Good job thinking ahead and bringing alternatives to eat. I'm glad that you were able to make peace with what was said to you Ellen. You have the right attitude. Good for you for not letting it discourage you from trying to get fit. I have to admit, I have been letting my joint pain get the better of me lately. I need to get back out there and walk up that hill. Folks keep telling me not to quit even though it gets uncomfortable. Sometimes though I have been known to let it get the better of me. LOL Happy belated birthday Myrt. Hope you had a wonderful day. Diet is going fine, I have been needing to keep the calories low as well as the carbs because I haven't moved in a while. My body must be settling or something. I know I will never be as thin as i was before i started having kids, but this is ridiculous. LOL
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-14, 17:07

I have several hard copy LC books around here, Wheat Belly is my newest. I use cauliflower a lot too and will have to try the noodles.

I hope the scale responds to your lower cals and carbs.
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 08:23

BF:

Thanks Vicki, I know yesterday I was having a hard time managing my appetite. I had a dull headache all day. Hopefully today will be better. I have quite a few LC Cookbooks myself. I have a couple of them I am going to redonate because they simply don't address my needs. Yesterday I did quite well even though I battled my appetite all day. My daughter who has been counting calories and portion controlling her food most of her adult life says it takes a good month to have your appetite settle down. Here is hoping I can persevere, and not cave in. Of course she can because she is used to it. LOL
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 16:20

jmh, how long have you been at this woe?
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 21:54

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

Aah yes, my birthday was too fun. W treated me like a queen and we went out to eat breakfast and dinner. We went to Cracker Barrel for dinner and I had a green salad. It didn't taste very good to me and was smaller than they used to be but we split a dessert and really enjoyed it. We only order a dessert on a special occasion so it was wonderful and a good time was had by all.
Next week I'm going to Austin to see what I can do with nutrition to help my health. I did this for a year back in 1981 when we were living in the Seattle area and got to feeling really good. Unfortunately we moved and I never got back in the healthy food groove to that extent. We'll see what science has come up with.
We're having our county fair this week end and the pool was closed this morning because of the parade so didn't exercise. I'll make myself go tomorrow. I haven't been in the mood to go the last few days. Have a great week end, myrt
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 22:03

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Will be looking forward to a report from you myrt and the nutrition outlook for the future.
Today was my birthday, I had a hot dog, no bun at Sonic with unsweet tea.
Then a scope of ice cream tonight.
So glad that you have W in your life.
Down to 183.4 today.
Hotter than tolerable with high humidity.
Best for me to stay indoors.
N2L
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-14, 12:17

BF:

Belated Happy Birthday Myrt!!!! It sounds like you are going to have a busy next few weeks. it's always nice to keep busy. Happy Birthday N2L, It's always been our tradition to eat out on Birthdays. It's been hot here too. Congrats on the weight loss.

As for how long I have been LCing. Hmmmm--- I have been actually doing it off and on since 2000. I just have a difficult time with portion control. So I bit the bullet and decided that enough with procrastinating, and have been counting calories. Been hungry mostly, but hopefully that won't take a month to get under control. LOL Have a fabulous day
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-14, 18:45

Happy Birthday to you two. A splurge once in a while isn't going to kill us. Where in Austin will you be going for this nutrition trip? We were in Austin on vacation in July.

I splurged today, pizza. Oh well, 1700 cals and 150 carbs later I will be back on track tomorrow. I haven't splurged since vacation actually. I actually burned about the same # of cals since I did elliptical and aerobics this a.m. and some walking tonight.
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-14, 20:40

BF:

I don't know what's wrong with me. I ate too much again today but I did go swimming. Have a good week end. myrt
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-14, 09:15

BF:

Sunday---We're going over to Austin so I can find out where to go for my appt with the nutrition people on Tuesday. We enjoy day trips. myrt
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-14, 17:51

BF:

Day trips are fun. Good luck on your nutrition appt Myrt, hope you start feeling better. Hubby and I went to our favorite trail and did a little hiking today. The weather is just beautiful. Had a hamburger patty and fried cabbage for lunch. 2 Hard Boiled Eggs and BPC for breakfast. I'm not sure about dinner yet. Maybe some chicken and a salad. I hope you enjoyed your pizza, I know I love it. Going to try and get a lowcarb Ice Cream recipe on youtube. The Ice Cream at the store has way too many carbs, even Carb Smart. Safeway used to have a brand by the name Watchin Carbs, but I haven't seen it in a while. I'll bet they discontinued it. Well I have been hungry today, am thinking of a broth and butter drink. it'll be hardly any carbs, and I don't think the calories will be that bad
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-14, 23:12

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

My bad, mentioned ice cream and it triggered cravings.
Had crab legs tonight, no carbs.
Hope this helps the cravings.
N2L
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-14, 18:38

Yummy crab legs. Plus, they take so much time to break into them that you get fuller faster. At least it seems so.