Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Sun, May-16-21, 07:02

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg
Well, my first week results were fab, the next 3 not so much...lol

I did manage to lose a bit more, but waist stayed the same. Per my new fancy scale, no fat loss and showing a bit of fat gain.

I’ve signed up for the next NO MC and hope this helps me dial down to macros, etc. I HATE tracking foods, but if doing so helps me in the long term than I’ll do it. So, first challenge of many in the future is done and on to the MC.

5.8 Down, 1.6 inches lost in waist, but still quite fat...lol

d

Nice work. I "hate" tracking food too with an app but am finding cronometer super easy, even the free version - and I'm finding it "fun".

Once you have your list of "Favorites" built up it's a matter of three keystrokes to search, one click to select then enter the grams - I use a scale for all food - i've done this in the past tho for carb counting. Now the app does that for me as well so it's not out of my normal routine to far. Here's my favorite list so far (work toward 30 foods, 30 different ways) - adding supplements too but I don't track those, just saw what they added:

Raw Egg
Greek Yogurt, Plain, Nonfat
Dill Pickles
Onion, White, Yellow or Red, Raw
Chicken Breast, Skin Removed Before Cooking
Laver, Nori, Dried
Baby Spinach, Raw
Collards, Raw
Kim Chee
Fried Pork Rinds
Cabbage, Green, Raw
Pepper, Sweet, Red, Raw
Hot Chili Sauce, Sriracha
Hamburger or Ground Beef, 85% Lean
Butter, Salted
Beef Steak, Sirloin, Visible Fat Eaten
Nori Wrap Spices (This is a custom recipe I made of many ingredients for data entry conventience)
Cottage Cheese, Nonfat
Raw Egg, White
Peanuts, Dry Roasted, Salted
Sunflower Seeds, Dry Roasted, Salted
Sardines, Canned in Water, Drained
Tuna, Canned, Light, Water Pack, Drained, Not Rinsed
Beef Fat
Yogurt, Plain, Whole Milk
Hamburger or Ground Beef, 93% Lean
Roast Beef, Chuck, No Visible Fat Eaten
A Taste Of Thai, Red Curry Paste
Bragg, All Purpose Seasoning, Liquid Aminos
Tomatoes, Crushed, Canned
Anthony's, Nutritional Yeast Flakes
Cauliflower, Frozen, Unprepared
Fish, Salmon, Atlantic, Farmed, Raw
Spinach, Frozen, Chopped or Leaf, Unprepared
Boar's Head, Black Forest Brand, Smoked Ham Lunchmeat
Frank’s Quality Kraut
Calf's Liver, Raw
Tyson, Chicken Thighs, Boneless Skinless
Now, Vitamin D-3, 5000 IU
Centrum, MultiVitamin, Adult
Now, Vitamin K-2, 100 mcg
Doctor's Best, High Absorption Magnesium
Health As It Ought To Be, Vitamin K2 Mk-7, 150 mcg
Polar, Kipper Snacks
Shrimp, Cooked-Tail Off
Nobi Nutrition, Magnesium Complex, Premium
Salsa Tamazula, S.a. De C.v., Valentina, Mexican Hot Sauce
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Sun, May-16-21, 07:23

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
I was looking further into the propaganda on the Anthony's site and noticed it's "fortified"

"Fortified with B Vitamins including Folic Acid and B12 (produced by natural fermentation - not synthetic or animal source)"

So who knows, perhaps taking a supplement would get you those numbers as well, I wonder what the REAL yeast numbers are now ha!

Noticed the same thing. I found it on Amazon for slightly less (highly reviewed and rated), but if it's fortified, what am I really getting out of the yeast? I'll stick with my weekly organ meats and healthy proteins/veggies/berries. Great supplement for plant based, though.
  #243   ^
Old Sun, May-16-21, 11:47

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Noticed the same thing. I found it on Amazon for slightly less (highly reviewed and rated), but if it's fortified, what am I really getting out of the yeast? I'll stick with my weekly organ meats and healthy proteins/veggies/berries. Great supplement for plant based, though.

Curiosity got me so I looked up that it's similar to brewer’s and baker’s yeast - so I went out on a limb and check out that in cronometer for a reliable db (same serving size = 16g)

http://downhaul.com/lowcarb/2021misc/16gBakersYeast.png

Quite a bit different than the hyped up version from Anthony's and likely many others touting it as a super food. Good, but so is a steak

http://downhaul.com/lowcarb/2021mis...tionalYeast.png
  #244   ^
Old Mon, May-17-21, 04:45

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Gliding along nicely this session. exploring more foods and working at slowly dropping trigger, that means eating before I get too hungry - key! Finding what it feels like to be hungry and practicing pushing away from table and left overs in fridge.

I knew it!! "Gliding along" for Thud means he's on the leaderboard in a challenge with over 1,000 members, AND for the period of January to May 16th…FIFTH on the leaderboard. I would complain about MEN and easier losses but Marty equalizes it with % loss.

Thud, The DDF superstar….I am copying his food list
  #245   ^
Old Mon, May-17-21, 04:53

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I know it as Brewer's yeast, and it's a supplement for my cats to get them B vitamins.

But they get plenty of meat, too. But it's not fresh, and I think the Bs are water soluble and can breakdown in the can, perhaps.
  #246   ^
Old Mon, May-17-21, 09:05

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I checked the label on my tub of Marigold Engevita nutritional flakes; nowhere did it say it has been fortified, but that may be down to different labelling regulations in the UK.

I eat the stuff as backup insurance on B vitamin rather than swallow yet more pills. Yes, I may be getting enough in my meats, but .. I like it in a salad with avocado, raw sauerkraut, broccoli sprouts and raw cyder vinegar.

Not the same as brewers yeast which I remember from the 70s. Brewers yeast tastes more every and yeasty; nutritional flakes are more nutty.

There's an explanation on livestrong.com, but the full page address won't copy paste
  #247   ^
Old Mon, May-17-21, 11:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
I knew it!! "Gliding along" for Thud means he's on the leaderboard in a challenge with over 1,000 members, AND for the period of January to May 16th…FIFTH on the leaderboard. I would complain about MEN and easier losses but Marty equalizes it with % loss.

Thud, The DDF superstar….I am copying his food list

Ha! You're too kind Janet. I'm just following instructions best I can - I shouldn't be too proud of the extra fat I put on this winter - However, I'm really going to shoot for getting BMI to normal using DDF this summer - That would be in the low 180's - see how that feels and if it's sustainable - I don't want to work too hard at it
  #248   ^
Old Mon, May-17-21, 11:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulo
I checked the label on my tub of Marigold Engevita nutritional flakes; nowhere did it say it has been fortified, but that may be down to different labelling regulations in the UK.

I eat the stuff as backup insurance on B vitamin rather than swallow yet more pills. Yes, I may be getting enough in my meats, but .. I like it in a salad with avocado, raw sauerkraut, broccoli sprouts and raw cyder vinegar.

Not the same as brewers yeast which I remember from the 70s. Brewers yeast tastes more every and yeasty; nutritional flakes are more nutty.

There's an explanation on livestrong.com, but the full page address won't copy paste

Maybe this one. Reading it now...

https://www.livestrong.com/article/...ritional-yeast/
  #249   ^
Old Mon, May-17-21, 13:22

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Curiosity got me so I looked up that it's similar to brewer’s and baker’s yeast - so I went out on a limb and check out that in cronometer for a reliable db (same serving size = 16g)

http://downhaul.com/lowcarb/2021misc/16gBakersYeast.png

Quite a bit different than the hyped up version from Anthony's and likely many others touting it as a super food. Good, but so is a steak

http://downhaul.com/lowcarb/2021mis...tionalYeast.png

It's confirmed, Anthony's has supplemented the Hades out of their yeast. Good for them and any vegan/ vegetarian that consumes it, as they need those B vitamins. Those were most of the reviewers that I read. I'd be doing the same thing . . .
  #250   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-21, 05:54

BF:

Stoked for round 4 of DDF for this one. Refining food list, developing hunger sense.
  #251   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-21, 06:42

Thanks for the food list! I don’t need to develop my hunger sense, seems to develop all on its own
  #252   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-21, 20:12

Plan: DDF, P:E
Stats: 237.5/179.4/150 Female 64
BF:55.7%/47.5%/?
Progress: 66%

I'm failing on the NO...should have stayed on DDF. I logged for a week and threw in the towel. I don't understand all of this I guess. Not sure how to get the nutrients in and lose weight...
  #253   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-21, 20:18

Plan: DDF, P:E
Stats: 237.5/179.4/150 Female 64
BF:55.7%/47.5%/?
Progress: 66%

I just joined DDF for June. At least I'm comfortable with that plan. Not sure the NO is for me.
  #254   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-21, 21:03

BF:

Good one Janet! Don't worry about the NO class Iceberg - I fail my first attempt. I'm studying it from afar and have been using cronometer for over two months now and really like it.

I'll try another NO class and skip DDF sometime in the future. Forget about losing weight, focus on nutrition - that's how you can safely and effectively lose weight without damaging yourself too much.
  #255   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-21, 04:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg
I just joined DDF for June. At least I'm comfortable with that plan. Not sure the NO is for me.

If you are more comfortable with DDF, do that, both is too much. But how I am handling NO this time, is after 5 fasting challenges, I now know my body is happy with a 6 hour, 2 meals a day schedule. My BG is STILL flat-line, only now lower in the 90s. So no brain cells used to chase a trigger, but still get the benefits of a fasting window that works for me for weight loss. Another .2 of a pound below my previous low, I count everything