Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 09:11
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 123/122.5/110 Female 5 something
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Relacore Vs Cortislim

I heard good things about this, can anyone help me. Have you guys taken any of this? which one do you think is better?

thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 09:53

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

Hi! I am taking the Relacore and it has been a godsent for my moods! I have been feeling less heavy in the waist too. I am walking and exercising also, so that along with the Relacore may be the reason.
As far as weight loss, I don't really think that is helps. I don't really think that it is suppose to. Its more for your moods and the waistline I believe. Some may lose on it but I have not. I take it for the mood elevation more than for anything else.
The Cortislim, I have taken and I did not get nothing out of it. There is also a lot of bad reports and reviews on the Cortislim. It by no means does what it claims to do. And for some the Cortislim may even work.
But, the truth is if you are looking for something to help you lose, I will say what everyone else says the best way for that is to eat on plan, and exercise. It has been proven that is the number one way to do this!

Good Luck to You!
Brenda
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 09:58
Registered Member

BF:

THANKS for the reply. I might need to try it. Do you have any side effects as in hot flashes, heart beating fast? feeling zoombiesh?

Any side effects at all? Walmart is selling it for $18.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 10:21

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

I just started taking Relacore yesterday due to some serious mood/anxiety issues. I swear I felt better about 2 hours after the first dose I took yesterday. Could be a placebo effect, I guess, but I'm telling you I was seriously miserable before I went to pick this up at Wal*Mart. I'm not big into supplements of any sort -- not against them, just don't like to take things when I really don't know much about them -- but I would've tried anything yesterday! Jim Beam would've been more tempting if I didn't have the kids here!!

So far, so good. Took it again today. I get much worse in the early evening this week so we'll see how I do tonight.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 10:24
Registered Member

BF:

thanks for the info, did you have any side effects? im scared to take it because of side effects like heart palpitations and dizziness? dID YOU FEEL THAT WAY ?
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 10:49

BF:

No side effects at this point, but then I was feeling so awful that anything would be an improvement!

Yesterday afternoon, last night and then this morning I just felt much more energetic; more like the "old me". Able to get lots done around the house. Took a nice long walk last night and I've not been able to do that lately. No nearly as witchy with the kids and hubby, too! Energetic without the jittery feeling one might get with lots of caffeine.

Now that the afternoon is here I'm feeling a little anxious again but I feel a bit more able to fight it down than what I had been able to do the past several days before Relacore. Hope that makes sense. I bought it at Wal*Mart and the dosage is 2 capsules 3 times a day. I just took my second dose of the day a bit ago so we'll see.

Of course there's no way to tell what sort of effect this may have on my weight loss -- if any. I don't feel as munchy, but that varies quite a bit for me from day-to-day.

Let me know how it goes for you if you decide to try it.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 10:58
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks a lot.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 19:28

BF:

Well, I've been taking Relacore now for two full days. Three doses each day.

This afternoon I could tell when I was "due" for the early evening dose. I started feeling jumpy and irritated...even though there was nothing to be irritated about! Feeling fine and no side effects noted so far. I'll definitely post here if something comes up in that regard.

I'm amazed that I've gotten through the day with NO Lexapro and no murderous feelings! I'm sold on this stuff -- so far at least.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 09:51

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

First day on Relacore, hoping to get going and feeling better... only takin' one dose so far! Is it better to take the three doses or can I just get by with two!?
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 13:32

BF:

I have taken all three doses each day since Wednesday. I am doing much better. Incidentally, I was out earlier in the day with hubby and our littlest guy -- didn't think about being away from home and didn't bring any Relacore with me. I got NUTTY after a while and realized I needed to get home and take that midday dose.

I hope that I will do well enough in a few weeks (after the withdrawal is over) that I won't need all three doses every day...Lord knows this stuff ain't cheap. But for now...

If you don't mind my asking, Erinleigh, what sort of problems are you having? Feel free to disregard that if it's too nosey!!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 13:59

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

HI I took the Relacore last year, and as I said I am taking it now daily, 2 of the capsules 3 times a day. I have been taking it this time for about 3 months. I had a bottle from last year and have opened my second full bottle, so I think that if I were going to have side effects they would have already surfaced. I have never had any side effects from it, as far as I know.
The first time I felt bloated, but this time I don't. So, it may have been the combination ofr what I was taking the first time.
You are safe with it, I believe. It is all herbal so it should be safe for anyone.
Good luck!
Brenda
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 15:35
Registered Member

Plan: LOW CARB
Stats: 125/120/105 Female 5
BF:
Progress: 25%

Anyone else? i want to try this too.

I also want to know the first thing that you felt after taking the first dose.

Erin.. how's your first does, maye you could share?
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 19:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *vanessa*
Anyone else? i want to try this too.

I also want to know the first thing that you felt after taking the first dose.

Erin.. how's your first does, maye you could share?

I can only describe it as feeling more like my old self. Energetic (but not jumpy), more positive, less likely to be snappy or irritable with the family...maybe a little sharper mentally. I noticed the effects within the first 2 hours or so, which was great because I was at the point of desperation and needed help FAST.

I can very much tell when it's wearing off!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 13:02

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 145/137/110 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 23%

Just starting Cortislim...let you know if it works
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-05, 10:54

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 145/137/110 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 23%

My opinion;
Cortislim is a waste of money!!!
Not only did it not help me lose weight, but it actually gave me anxiety attacks..