Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 05:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220.5/211.2/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Oil of Oregano our miracle cure ??

I am sure you have all been following the Oil of Oregano (OoO) threads in the other forums, when I looked up this herb I was amazed at its healing properties.. and it has anti-inflammatory properties along with being a natural pain killer and is advised for FMS/CFS sufferers.

I have started taking it and will let you know my results. One thing I have noticed after a few days is that my 'butterfly rash' has paled! Heres an informative site along with an excerpts -
http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/oregano.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oil of oregano is antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic. It also has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and is an ideal product to use for people who suffer from CFS and/or fibromyalgia. This is not regular oregano, but a wild form (wild mountain oregano, vulgare species) of the spice, which has, until recently, not been available in Canada. Do not use a substitute or oregano from a grocery store because it will have no effect. oil of oregano natural herbal supplement offers a variety of remedies

Nevertheless, true oil of oregano offers many exciting remedies to a variety of ailments. In "Herbal Renaissance", Steven Foster credits oregano as having "been employed to treat indigestion, diarrhea, nervous tension, insect bites, toothache, earache, rheumatism, and coughs due to whooping cough and bronchitis (primarily for it's antispasmodic effects)."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLEASE NOTE! This is a powerful herb and must be started at low doses otherwise you may get unpleasant 'cleansing' symptoms.. I add 2 drops to water in morning only then will add 2 drops at night in a week or two. Also anyone suffering with anemia or blood problems please consult your doctor before taking as it may inhibit the absorbtion of iron.

There are a lot of good informative sites other than the one I have posted on OoO.

Please let me know if you have tried it or are currently taking it and what results you have experienced.
Thanks.

sandi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 05:57
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Tried it, taking it, my dandruf is gone, I feel more energetic, I'm not hungry all the time, my allergies are gone too, and of course, so are 30+ pounds, gone forever.

I love OoO!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 13:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Candida friendly
Stats: 215/210/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 7%

What brand of Oil of Oregano have you used? Did you use it for Candida?

Blessings,
Carol
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 00:45

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

I've been using it pretty much all month so far but haven't noticed it really helping with much of anything. Of course considering what's been going on lately nothing short of a hard blow to the head would do much of anything for me.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 01:04
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 282/270/180 Female 5ft8"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I have been using it for about a week, and noticed that my toothache goes away (the one that I have been procrastinating about getting fixed.. lol). Was taking tylenol about four times a day for it and only had to take tylenol once this week! Its not on the topic of weight loss... but found it really interesting none the less!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 01:54
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

I have been using OoO too for about 2 months and I swear by it!! I think it rocks!!
I used it because I was stalled out and I thought it might help me, and it did, I ended up losing 4lb the first week I took it. But also I am using it for my skin problems, it has all but cleared up my excema, it makes me fell less bloated than I did and also helps with my nails and hair.
All in all I think it's a brilliant *all rounder*
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 04:57

Stats: 223/205/160 Female 171cm
BF:42%/37%/??
Progress: 29%

Jadefox, where do you buy your OoO in UK and what is the price?

Thanks a lot
Vess
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 08:31

Stats: 223/205/160 Female 171cm
BF:42%/37%/??
Progress: 29%

Another question - I fount Essential OoO and Wild Oregano oil extract - which is better and what is the difference - which one are any of you taking?

Thanks
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 18:00

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

An afterthought: when I first started taking OoO I dropped about three pounds right off the bat. I haven't lost anything since, but then again also haven't had the wherewithal to track everything I eat--am just currently eating LC (there's enough stress going on at the moment without keeping exact track of all my food, and keeping exact track seems to be very important to my losing).

I am not absolutely positive, but it seems like it does help with not retaining water as badly, because I don't usually have a 3-pound weight fluctuation while taking it--only 1-1.5 pound fluctuation.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 12:39

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

All right! I'm in! I'm mainly getting it for my husband, who has CFS...but I'm going to try it too.

Thanks so much for sharing this information.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 14:36

Stats: 220.5/211.2/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I take wild oregano oil with vitamin E, I believe the important thing to look for is the carvacrol content mine is active 40-45%, the higher the better.

I admit to having forgotten to take it for a while now til I was suffering sinus problems so I took a dose and within 24 hours my nose was streaming, it cleared it up.

Having said that my 'flushed face' has dramatically paled, even when I got really hot this summer and I used flush dramatically, it hasnt been anywhere as bad as it was prior to taking OoO.

I am back on the wagon lol

sandi
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 15:03

Stats: 188/181/145 Female 5' 5
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 16%

Questions about Oil of Oregano? Does is matter if you use the liquid form or the gel tabs? The gel tabs are way cheaper. Just curious.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 19:45
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

You can do either.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 22:58

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 191/189/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Oh, dear, yes!
Progress: 5%

I was just diagnosed with CFS, and I'm going to start on OoO when I get back from vacation -- just in case it causes a "dramatic cleansing," so to speak. I thought for a long time that OoO was just for candida, but obviously it's for a lot more, including pain relief.

Sandi, I get a flushed face at odd times, too. What do you think causes it? A reaction of some sort? Sometimes I get it after I eat.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 19:07

Plan: don't know yet
Stats: 127/127/110 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Sandi,
Where can this be pruchased in the States? I will be more than glad to take it for my fibro.
Thanks,
Jan